Allergic to Roses

By disdainful

In which Harley, the sarcastic girl harboring a love of London, is not only allergic to roses, but to Axel Ro... More

Allergic To Roses
CHAPTER ONE
Homecoming's
Mad Wo-Men
Fill
10:35 AM
Interviews
Candie
Claustrophobic
Remembering
Closets
McDonald's
Good? Morning
"Take Notes"
Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde
Underground Metropolis
Round Two
Late Night Confessions
21 & Over
The Disaster Double Date
An Odd Thing Hoping For Rejection
Faith, Trust, and No Pixie Dust
Announ- Oh, Someone's Crying
Love Hurts Whether It's Right Or Wrong
Runaway Baby
Goodbye, So Long
Realization 101: A Book By Harley Masken
Phone Calls and Promises
College, Though
Epilogue
Aknowledgements

Third Wheel's Keep On Turnin'

13.4K 519 22
By disdainful

Axel's POV

"Axel?"

I lifted my head up from my curled up position on the floor and my eyes widened slightly as I saw Harley walk out with Wesley next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist. My eyes trailed down to his hand and I felt a cloud of anger swirl up inside me.

I grinned a little and tried to act nonchalant towards Wesley being there, "Hey, Sparky."

She raised one of her eyebrows up, and smiled a little bit, "Want to tell me what you're doing outside of my apartment?"

I didn't have an answer for that. In the moments before this, waiting for her seemed like a good idea, but now, not so much.

"Actually, I was waiting for Jordan." The lie slipped out easy, and I didn't think twice before spilling it.

Her eyes narrowed a little bit and she immediately turned around, Wesley's arm falling limply back to his side as she stormed through the door frame.

"What was that about?" Wesley asked me.

I shrugged, "I don't know, man."

Thirty seconds of awkward silence later, and I saw Harley's head re-appear in the door, Jordan by her side. I began to tap my foot slightly, trying to get rid of the nervousness creeping up inside of me.

"Uh, hey, Jordan," I said, giving her an awkward wave of my hand.

She smiled warmly, "Hey." I motioned for her to follow me to the elevator, and I pressed the button. "I'm in my pajamas..." she said lightly.

"It's all good."

Wesley and Harley jumped in the elevator after us, and I sighed as I realized Jordan was going to have to actually come back to Duncan and I's place if I was going to fully get away with my lie.

When the elevator dinged, I muttered a small 'bye' to Harley and Wesley, but didn't hear anything back as steel the elevator doors shut.

Jordan shrugged off my hand which had crept up and held hers and she stared at me with her eyes wide and nostrils flaring as soon as we heard the elevator start moving again. We were outside Duncan and I's apartment, the door in front of us.

I pointed at her face, "That isn't a very attractive expression."

My comment only seemed to make her more mad, as she brought her hands up and mimicked them chocking something. "This, is going to be your neck if you don't tell me why the hell you included me in your little plan to win Harley back."

I shook my head a little, "Win? I practically already have her."

Jordan's eyebrows shot up and she snorted, "Dude. She isn't anywhere close to liking you, not after you got all cocky and macho."

"What the hell does 'macho' mean?"

"It means, like to be, uh...I-" she was struggling trying to find words to describe it. She suddenly sighed and dropped her hands back down to her sides, "I don't really know how to describe it. I guess like thinking you're all tough?"

I rolled my eyes before turning towards the door and loudly rapping my knuckles against it three times.

"Did you forget your keys again?" Duncan's voice yelled through the door, slightly muffled by the inches of wood.

I ignored his question, "I've got a surprise for you!"

Jordan's eyes widened as she realized I was talking about her and she looked down. She was wearing a ratty Yankees t-shirt that had multiple holes in it and you could see a bright red bra underneath. She also had on spandex and she suddenly flushed bright red from the lack of clothes she was actually wearing. "I look like a hooke- Hey Duncan."

I snickered as I saw that she turned a darker shade of red than before. She tried to nonchalantly tug down the sides of her shorts but it didn't work out much. "What are you doing here, with him?"

A small smile played at her lips. I'm guessing she heard the large amounts of jealously in Duncan's voice, dripping off of each word.

I held up my hands in surrender, "I was just using her to get out of a lie."

He grinned, "I know, dude, you've got a thing for Harley."

I laughed as I walked inside and heard Jordan explain that she lives upstairs with Ainsley, Harley, and Wesley.

I quickly jumped in the shower and changed out of my clothes from the date, throwing on a white t-shirt and khakis.

Why did I wait outside of Harley's apartment? I mean, I think I like her but I'm not going to change for her, she seems to like the guy who sat outside the dance with her, not the famous movie star. But they're both me.

"Axel!" Duncan yelled.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going out with Jordan, want to come?"

"And be a third wheel?"

"You won't be a third wheel!"

He always said that, but somehow I always ended up cut off, "No, I'm coming!" It wasn't the most exciting day for me, and as much as I just wanted to stay home and play COD, it was boring without anyone home.

"So where are we going?" I asked them once we reached the elevator.

We stopped at Jordan's apartment because she was barely wearing clothes, and as soon as she was out Duncan turned towards me, "Where should we go? I mean, I really like her."

He fiddled with his hands as he talked and a slight blush was creeping up the sides of his face as he talked about her.

"Holy shit. You actually like her." I said, my eyes widening. I playfully punched his shoulder. I thought about what there was to do in London that wasn't too touristy. "We should go bowling."

He frowned, "What if she hates bowling?"

I shrugged, "Then it's not meant to be."

He rolled his eyes, "Y'know I don't believe in that fate crap, right?"

"I don't either," I told him laughing.

Fate. The universe or whatever doesn't control our decisions, and there is no such thing as a 'sign'. At least for normal people that aren't enrolled in a mental hospital, no offense.

"Hey guys," Jordan said as she came out. She had on a blue and white striped tank top with white shorts and black sandals, her hair in a bun.

As I was looking her up and down I felt Duncan slap my arm. I looked up with a 'what the fuck' expression on my face and he just rolled his eyes, "Stop staring, you've got Harley."

"I don't have anything," I muttered under my breath.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jordan send me a knowing look and I ignored it. Just because I didn't have her, didn't mean I wasn't going to get her.

The elevator dinged again and we stepped out into the cool air of London. The sun was beating down on us, and even though it didn't feel too warm outside, the sun made it feel at least ten degrees hotter.

"Where to?" Jordan asked us.

"We're going bowling," Duncan said. I saw Jordan smile excitedly. Well Duncan must be happy.

We walked down the sidewalk, not even bothering with a car. London was big, but if you lived in the right town, lots of things were in the same area.

We reached the bowling alley ten minutes later, and as soon as we walked inside I felt goosebumps prick my arms.

It was fucking cold.

"So," I said, dragging out the 'o'.

Duncan and Jordan seemed to be in a conversation of their own, excluding me. Great, I thought, right back to my position as the third wheel.

Duncan always did this, invited me to hang out with his new flavor of the week, and then I always ended up third wheeling out.

"Hey, guys! Over here!" Wesley's voice broke over the loud pop music playing through the speakers.

Jordan waved at them and quickly asked Duncan something, low enough for me to not hear.

He nodded his lips curled into a smirk and we all walked over to where Wesley was, Harley standing next to him. She had a not-so-happy look on her face, her lips frowning and her forehead scrunched up in a cute way.

"Wanna join?" Harley asked us with a low level of enthusiasm.

"Sure," I said, my tone overly happy just to piss her off.

Her right fist clenched but she quickly let go, grabbing Wesley's arm and tugging him out of earshot.

"What's up with her?" Duncan asked.

Jordan smiled, "She's in a mood because of Mr. Rose." She jerked her thumb in my direction as Duncan's loud laughter filled the bowling alley.

I rolled eyes and smirked, "This should be fun."

***

A/N- Thank you so much for all the people who added ATR to their reading lists and for all the votes! You're all the shit. (I mean that in a good way...)

Harley's POV next time, I was thinking I'll add in a Wes POV soon too (;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 54 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
73 0 13
Flowers always wilt away. Her beauty matched the flower she was named after so well. His eyes mesmerized her in ways she never thought possible. {p...
3.2K 685 34
"My name's Odessa, but everyone calls me Odd." - Odessa Garcia is what everyone in South Bridge would call odd. She has a sarcastic mouth, keeps to h...
425 18 37
He can be so nice, then so mean. He can care and protect, make you laugh, and at the same time play games with your head. And after he's done with th...