Rose Petals ✿ Remus Lupin - D...

hannatter által

"Who could ever learn to love a beast?" "No matter what you become, I will still love you to the end." "Love... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Not a Chapter :(
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
I am not dead.

Chapter 41

2.5K 77 31
hannatter által

This year, Spring Holiday seemed extremely uneventful to Belle, and it truly was. Her grandparents had gotten word that her father moved permanently to France with his father's girlfriend, leaving her grandparents to become her official guardians from now until she graduates. Belle thought she would've cared for that even just a small bit, but she'd already been living with her grandparents for a year now; nothing really changed.

When Belle arrived back to Hogwarts she was happy to see her friends. After her reunion with Lily before Holiday, she had a long talk with Sirius and Rose, who both felt extremely guilty and upset at what they had done. In all honesty, Belle didn't care anymore. She'd reached the point in the year when all she wanted a two month break from everybody and everything. She had forgiven them easily and had even went as far to say she was over Sirius and had been for a while. That had eased up the tension between them entirely as Sirius went back to being his cocky self straight afterwards.

"Holiday was far too short for my liking," Was the first thing Belle heard as she entered her friends' train compartment. She was the last to arrive, mostly because she woke up late and was not at all prepared for returning to school that morning. It was Rose who had spoken. "I would be content with another week."

"I think we all would-hey, Belle," Eileen grinned, moving over to give her a space between her and Remus.

"Hey Belle..." They all said separately, in quieter tones than normal. She gave them smiles like she always did, but there was something off about everyone. Earlier she had seen a bundle of Hufflepuffs huddled together in a cabin, which was odd, but Belle didn't think much of the somber mood throughout the train. She had disregarded it as the sadness of having to return to school. Clearly, she missed something.

"What's wrong with everybody today? Did something happen?"

"Only the blasted Death Eaters and their muggle-hating ways..." Sirius grumbled, staring at a spot outside the window. He seemed more peeved than sorrowful, thought to be fair Sirius is hardly ever sad at Hogwarts.

"What about the Death Eaters?" Belle questioned.

"Haven't you read the Prophet?" Lily sighed.

Belle didn't disregard the appearance of Lily Evans that morning. She was deathly pale, the freckles in her face even more prominent now. Her vibrant hair did nothing to help her cause. Her friend was frightened, more frightened than she had ever seen Lily before, and just that caused Belle to grow anxious of what was on the newspaper this morning. She had not had time to read the paper as she was rushing, neither did her grandparents who tended to avoid the Prophet when possible. Belle shook her head to answer Lily.

Said girl dug in her bag beside her, pulling out a neatly folded newspaper with a bold headline. She handed it to Belle who unfolded carefully, her eyes scanning the moving picture of a family smiling towards the camera. A mother and father held a small child, a young girl that couldn't of been older than three, while two other children stood patiently waiting for the picture to be taken. She knew the oldest child there, he was in their year. His name was Isaac Newman, a muggle-born Hufflepuff with a passion for Charms. She hadn't talked to Isaac much, but he was very kind to her and always was willing to help anyone who asked. Her eyes moved from the picture to the heading, and immediately her stomach dropped.

DISAPPEARANCE OF MUGGLE-BORN FAMILY SENDING HUNDREDS WORLDWIDE INTO A PANICKED FRENZY! DEATH EATERS ON THE MOVE! WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY SAFE!

Belle clutched her mouth with her hand, afraid that if she let go she'd vomit. Lily took the paper from her as Remus slung his arm around her shoulders.

"This is the fourth Muggle-Born family to go missing in the past month. This is the first with someone we knew," Lily let out a shaky breath. Belle couldn't believe it. Of course her and every child on this train had heard about You-Know-Who and his terrible acts. Though most parents, including her grandparents, firmly believed ignorance is bliss and tried their hardest to keep the dark news of the world from their innocent children, but somehow, they always found out.

"Do you really think it's the Death Eaters doing it? Maybe those families left trying to escape the ministry or something? They've been hard on Muggle-Borns lately with birth records and all that..." Rose tried to reason out a better explanation but it was clear the Death Eaters had been kidnapping and possibly torturing the poor families.

"Why don't you and your family stay with me this summer?" Rose spoke up yet again.

"My family was already planning on going to the America for the summer, visiting some family members that moved there a while back. They think it's best to get out of the country for a while-I agree with them."

"My family wanted to go somewhere this summer as well...maybe I can ask to go to America as well? Then at least you guys could have some magical protection?"

Lily shrugged, but you could tell she was grateful for Rose's offer. Any muggle-born would feel scared during this time, especially not being aloud to use magic outside of Hogwarts.

"Well, If you get back early, you are always welcome at my house," Belle lightly kicked her friend's foot, grabbing her attention.

"I mean, you could come to mine as well, but I don't think you'd be very welcomed there..." Sirius trailed off.

Rose reached up and flicked Sirius in the head, who lurched back and tried to retaliate by pulling her braid. Lily let out a grin at her friends' antics, and soon the whole compartment was watching the two bicker. Belle leaned towards Remus, close enough to whisper in his ear.

"Four sickles that they end up together."

Remus raised an eyebrow but nodded, "You're on."

- - - - -

The school year seemed entirely uneventful, like most of her life at this point. There was no significant drama between anyone, mostly because fear was the only emotion captivating the student's hearts. More and more disappearances were occurring and none of them ever left a trace of who was doing it. The ministry assumed it was the Death Eaters as they had become more prominent as a political party and certain countries, like the Soviet Union, were being taken over. The Ministry couldn't do anything mostly because there hadn't been a clear act of offense from the Death Eaters; they couldn't prove You-Know-Who was behind the disappearances. You-Know-Who had thrown the world into a frenzy, just like the prophet had described.

There was no conflict whatsoever between the Gryffindors for the rest of the year. Everyone was too worried that every conversation might be their last. Bullying had stopped a fraction, even some of the cruelest Slytherins let go of their vendettas for the year. The Hogwarts castle was peaceful for a couple months, but little did they know this would be the last year until 1981 that the castle would be calm and safe.

On the last day of term, silence filled the halls. Six more disappearances occurred, this time including some Muggle families as well as Half-bloods to the mix. None of the families had children that went to Hogwarts, but the fear was still evident. Now that half-blood families had been taken it proved that only pure-bloods were safe, leaving most of the castle in a tense silence.

Belle, who had been extremely clingy with her friends that past week, gripped Lily's arm as they walked towards breakfast. No-one had been walking alone in the castle for the past month, even the purest of the pure had a companion. The teachers had taken a job of patrolling the castle during the day between classes and increasing their watches at night, letting the Prefects end their shifts early.

Belle and Lily did not speak as their entered the Great Hall and took a seat near their friends, who also were not speaking. The whole group sat in silence among the barely audible whispers from the rest of the school. It was the last breakfast they had before they left on the carriages by noon and then off back home. Once breakfast was served, everyone ate in a comfortable peace, enjoying the food and the presence of their friends. It wasn't long before Professor Dumbledore stepped up to give his end of term speech once more.

"Students," he began, his voice somber but hopeful at the same time, "We have experienced a great loss this year. A student of our mix has been taken from us. He, along with his family and every other family that has faded off the Ministry's radar were innocent and did not deserve any of this.

I warn you, children, to be sensible this holiday and to not take for granted your family and friends. Spend the summer enjoying your freedom and be thankful for everything you have. For returning students, I hope to see each and every one of your faces at the welcoming feast next year. For our seventh years, I wish you safety and prosperity in the new world and that you will find your way back to us somehow. I will see you all next year."

Belle caught Dumbledore's eye as students begun to stand to leave. Her expression was one of trust, something most students shared with the old man. His eye twinkled as he gave her a nod, and she gave him one back.

Maybe everything will work out one day.

A/N: END OF FOURTH YEAR GET READY FOR SOME BELMUS? REMBELLE? ROUPIN?

I need help creating a ship name, guys!

Oh and I just want to mention an amazing, amazing book that I just finished called Little Spy by lokidyinginside that honestly caused me to cry, laugh, and scream at the same time. It is about Peter Parker but it's such a good story line and really well written! I really recommend you read it if you like Spiderman or if you really want to enjoy a good book!

Anyways, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

-Hannah :)

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.9K 56
Pragma: long lasting love. Love that requires true commitment that comes from understanding, compromise and tolerance. It is referred to as "standing...
68.4K 2.5K 14
𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ⤖ "𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘸...
20.3K 322 74
To fall in love is like to fall in the ocean without knowing how to swim. It made you scared, beyond terrified. You couldn't help but try to resist...