His Dead Mate

By MommaShifter

Drunk driving is a big problem in the world. One wrong decision can possibly end someone's life. That's what... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Miracle Is Happening
Chapter 2: My First Demon
Chapter 3: Invading Dreams
Chapter 4: The Possibilities
Chapter 5: Patrol
Chapter 6: Take A Rest
Instagram
Chapter 7: The Group Of Boys
Chapter 8: Saving The Wolves
Chapter 9: Weird Vibes
Chapter 10: Oh Crap
Chapter 11: I'm Sorry Haley
Chapter 12: Alone With Him
Author's Note
Chapter 13: The Hotel
Chapter 14: Surprise Visitor
Links
Chapter 15: The Secret Is Out
BOOK LAUNCH
Chapter 16: Date Night Gets Ruined
Chapter 17: The Prisoner
Happy Thanksgiving
Chapter 18: Kidnapped
Chapter 19: Reunion
Chapter 20: The War

Epilogue

18.2K 680 150
By MommaShifter

Here is the very last chapter of His Dead Mate. I'm sad to see that it's over, but I'm glad to see how it ended. You guys are the best readers that anyone could ever ask for. I love you guys so much! <3 And even though I can't answer all your messages, just know that I read them and I'm so honored to call you guys Faithful Shifters.

Also, thank you for all the birthday wishes. I saw all your guys' comments and messages and it really made my day. Thank you <3

--------------------------------------------------

Kasey

I stood there in silence as we watched Max's body burn. I had so many emotions running through me. I've never felt this way before. I felt anger, sadness, misery, betrayal flowing through my veins. My eyes narrowed and I felt my fists clench as I watched the flames dance around his body. I can't believe this happened.

Kenword sniffed and rubbed my shoulder.

"It should have been me." I mumbled as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Kasey." Kenword said sadly. "You can't think like that."

"I could have been quicker." I mumbled to myself. "I could have stopped Max. It's all my fault."

"You couldn't have known that was going to happen Kasey."

I shook my head. "I should have attacked Lucifer. Not him."

Kenword went to go say something, but I shrugged his hand off my shoulder.

"Let her go." I heard Alvar quietly say as I walked away.

I could hear the crackle of the fire get quieter and quieter as I continued to walk. Once I was out of the yard, I broke down.

Max's death kept replaying over and over in my head. He died protecting us all. I know that was his job, but he shouldn't have done that. I should have been the one to go. Lucifer wanted me, not him. I wish I could go back in time and stop Max from doing what he did.

It wasn't his time just yet. He still had so much left to do. He wanted to see his wife and kid one last time just to see how they were doing. But now he'll never get that chance.

I remember all the pranks that Kenword and I would pull on Max. I giggled at the thought. Kenword always told Max that he needed to smile more and not take his duties and life so seriously. Max would just roll his eyes and say that he does smile, and then would proceed to tell the worst dad joke known to mankind. He would start to make himself laugh whereas Kenword and I would look at each other and give an awkward laugh. Max thought he was one of the funniest people he knew.

More and more memories flooded my mind. The time when Max was there to teach me how to fly and of course my very first day as an angel.

*Flashback*

Everything was dark as I looked around.

"What is going on?" I said to myself.

It was like a switch went off as I started to move. I screamed as I started to spiral down to the ground. My eyes went wide as it started to get closer.

Yep. I'm gonna die.

I shut my eyes waiting for the impact, but it never came.

I slowly opened one eye and looked around. Everything was white. I looked down and both of my eyes shot open.

"Am I sitting on a cloud?" I exclaimed as I jumped off of it.

"Yes you are dear." I heard a giggle.

I screamed and quickly turned around. I ended up tripping over one of my feet and I fell back down.

The lady and a man with black hair laughed, whereas the other man just rolled his eyes at me and crossed his arms.

"How does she expect to be one of us if she can't even walk correctly?" The man with gray hair sneered at me.

I glared at him. "Well excuse me. I've never been on a cloud before."

"Ooh, I like her. She's feisty." Black haired guy laughed as he stuck his hand out to help me. "I'm Kenword."

"Kasey." I mumbled as I looked over his shoulder at the crowd that was gathering around us.

"Nice to meet you." Kenword smiled. "This right here is Alvar and that grumpy man is Max."

"It's Maximus to you." He said with an edge.

I don't like him.

"She looks so young."

"Oh her poor parents."

"I wonder what happened."

"Is she going to be a guardian?"

I gulped as I heard some of the chatter that was going around the crowd, but the last one caught my attention.

Guardian? What is that?

"Can I ask where I am?" I asked quietly.

"Oh!" Alvar blushed. "Silly us. You're in heaven dear."

I stared at her for a second before I busted out laughing.

"Oh my gosh. That's funny." I laughed wiping a tear from my eye. "Ha! You said I'm in heaven. That's gold."

"I'm not kidding dear." Alvar said concerned as she looked at Maximus and Kenword.

"I got this." Maximus said.

I watched amazed as he started to glow and two giant wings came out.

"Y-you...angel." I mumbled as everything turned black.

"Is she alive?" A gentle voice asked.

I groaned as I sat up and rubbed the back of my throbbing head.

"Yeah, she's alive." Kenword laughed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You fainted when I showed you my true form." Maximus informed me.

"Oh right." I let out a nervous chuckle. "You're an angel."

"We all are." Maximus corrected. "And so are you."

"What?" I screamed.

He was about to open his mouth, but the door opened.

"There you are Maximus!" A short man yelled running in. "I was looking everywhere for you. Has the new angel arrived yet?"

I watched as everyone pointed to me and the short man turned around.

He smiled as he ran up to give me a hug. "Ah, Kasey. Nice to finally meet you. I've heard such great things about you."

"Y-you have?" I asked shocked. "How do you know me?"

"God has told me so much about you."

"G-God?" I stuttered. "As in, the big man upstairs?"

"The one and only." He nodded. "I'm Caesar."

"That's great and all, but where are my parents? I want to go home now." I stated scared.

Caesar looked at me confused.

"She fainted before we got the chance to tell her." Maximus informed Caesar.

"Kasey." Caesar gave me a sad look. "Um. Y-you can't go home."

I felt all the color drain from my face.

"I think she is going to faint again." Alvar said worriedly.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Caesar asked me carefully.

"Um." I mumbled as I closed my eyes to think. "I was driving to the movies with my little brother and sister."

Caesar sighed. "You don't remember then. Which is common. Some remember the incident and others have no clue."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I opened my eyes and looked at everyone giving me sad looks. "What are you guys not telling me!"

"You're dead Kasey." Caesar said softly. "Your car was hit by a drunk driver."

"What?" I asked. I couldn't believe this. I'm...dead? That doesn't make any sense.

He nodded. "You saw him, but it was too late. You saved your siblings, but when he hit..." He sighed sadly. "When he hit your car, you died on impact. Your brother and sister made it out with only a couple of scratches and some bruises."

"You mean to tell me I'm dead?" I slumped back against the pillows. "This can't be happening."

I looked at everyone's faces. They all held pain, sadness, anger, and disbelief. I was shocked to even see Maximus look like he wanted to cry. I'm guessing Caesar was the only one who knew what happened.

"How do you know all this when I don't remember any of this?" I asked.

"God told me." Caesar said.

"Caesar is one of the few angels who can talk to God directly." Maximus explained. "You have to be pretty high up in power to have that ability. Caesar is one of the very first angels."

"So you have to be pretty special to talk to Him, huh?" I joked.

"Yeah, I guess so." Caesar laughed. "But before you start training, you need to have a tour of heaven and know the rules."

"Training?" I asked.

"There's a lot you don't know kid." Maximus stated. "But come on. I'm going to give you the tour and also show you where you'll be staying."

"You don't have to Maximus. I can show her." Caesar said confused.

"I know." Maximus simply stated.

I smirked. "And here I thought you didn't like me."

Maximus rolled his eyes and I saw his lips turn upward in a small smile, but he quickly turned so I wouldn't see it. "I don't."

"Sure ya don't Max." Kenword laughed."

"Shut it." Maximus snapped. "Now hurry up Kasey. Heaven is pretty big and we still have to go over all the rules."

"Coming!" I shouted running after Maximus.

I looked around the building. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking this place. I sighed as the realization hit. I'm dead. I won't be able to see my family or friends.

Man, this is going to suck.

*End of flashback*

I brought myself back to reality and stared at the ground. I shot up from the ground with a scream and punched the closest thing to me which happened to be a tree. I watched as the roots broke from the earth and the tree flew through the air. I cringed as the tree landed on a building.

I gulped and let out a nervous laugh as a bunch of wolves turned around and looked at me in shock.

"Sorry!" I shouted embarrassed.

"Damn Kasey." Zale laughed.

"I can fix that." I mumbled.

Zale laughed again and pulled me close to him. "It's okay. Don't worry about it baby."

I sighed and rested my forehead against his chest. "I miss him."

"I do too Kase. Even if he didn't like me that much." Zale mumbled. "I saw how much he cared about you and how much he meant to you."

"He was like a second dad to me." I admitted. "He took me under his wing. And not just during training. Outside of training, he was always there for me and he helped me through so much."

Zale pulled back slightly. "It's going to be okay Kasey. Trust me. It's gonna hurt for awhile, I'm not going to lie to you. But that's okay because I'm going to be right here with you. Forever and always."

I smiled as I quickly wiped a tear from my cheek. "I love you Zale."

"I love you too Kasey." Zale whispered softly as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

--------------------------

BRB WHILE I GO FUCKING CRY IN THE CORNER. Who wants to join me??

Anywhore. I want to thank you all again. Your patience did not go unnoticed and I love you guys soooo fucking much. I wouldn't be here without all of your love and support. You guys mean the world to me.

And even though this book is over, who knows, maybe there will be a new book in the near furture. Who knows ;)

I love all of you. You Faithful Shifters are amazing!!

-MommaShifter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 1K 33
MEET LUPE SANCHEZ A 24 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF HER YOUNGER SISTER MARIA SINCE THEIR PARENTS DIED IN A CAR ACCIDENT 6 YEARS EARILIER...
681K 15.8K 21
Rosalind Marie Hunter is a 17 year old warrior werewolf of the Moon Lake Pack. The thing is she inst just werewolf. She is a third werewolf, vampire...
41K 1.2K 63
18 year old Dawn, her 15 year old sister Dusk, and their father live as rogues. After the girl's mother died, their father goes to bars and gets drun...
592K 22.8K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...