Dub Nation's Little Sister

By elatedwriter11

Suzy Vanwell is a college student from Brooklyn, New York. Almost a year ago, something happened at a Knicks... More

Chapter 1- Plan in Motion
chapter 2- Having a Flashback
Chapter 3- Need to Pack
Chapter 4- Lazy Day
Chapter 5 - First Meeting (part 1)
Chapter 6- First Meeting(part 2)
Chapter 7- Game 1
Chapter 8- Time Well Spent.
Chapter 9- Goodbyes Are Never Easy
Next update soon.
1K READS
Chapter 10 - Take Me Back.
Please read.
Chapter 11- Game 3
Chapter 12 - Never Ending Problems
chapter 13- GAME 5
Chapter 14 - Just Another Day
Chapter 15 - Results & Flashbacks
Need feedback & more votes!
Chapter 16 - First Baseball Game
Chapter 17-WHAT did he do?
Chapter 18 - Birthday Surprise
Chapter 19- NBA Season is Back
Update:
Chapter 20 - "Move in with me!"
Update
Chapter 21- Elevators & Colds
Chapter 22- Christmas!
Chapter 23- Complicated Feelings
Chapter 24- Settling In
More comments!
Chapter 25- Invite
Chapter 26- Wedding Time!
UPDATE
Chapter 27- Jealousy
Chapter 28- Routine is Getting Old!
Chapter 29- The Date
Need Feedback
Chapter 30- Road to All-Star Weekend (pt.1)
Chapter 31- Road to All-Star Weekend (pt. 2)
Update
Chapter 32- Returning Home
Sunday's Update
Chapter 33- Arizona
No Update
Chapter 34- Same Old Routine
Chapter 35- The Big News
Chapter 36- Injuries & More News
Chapter 37- New Stadium & Roadtrips
Announcement for Next Update
Chapter 38-Bad News & Facing Reality
'Read This- Not a Chapter
Chapter 39- New Distractions
Chapter 40- Moving On to Houston
Chapter 41-Fighting for the Finals
UPDATE
Chapter 43- Two Games Down
Chapter 44- 3 Time Champs
Chapter 45- Drama Keeps Coming
Read
Chapter 46- Reunion
Chapter 47-Birthday
Chapter 48- New Plan
Update
Chapter 49- New Season is Approaching
Chapter 50- Pre-season Has Begun!
UPDATE
Story on Hold
Chapter 51- Happily Ever After?
Chapter 52- THE END (PART 1)
Author's Note
Author's Note!!
Chapter 53- THE END (PART 2)
Author's Note!

Chapter 42- Are We Advancing or Nah?

500 11 18
By elatedwriter11

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. WE WON THE WESTERN CONFERENCE. 

Klay's POV

(His pov will continue from where Suzy's POV was left on..so if you forgot the ending of the last chapter, go back & read it!)

Suzy was acting weird. Ever since I had woken her up, she was shaken. Physically and emotionally. I think she had a bad dream. 

When she walked downstairs, she looked like a ghost. Tears in her eyes and looked like she was sick. "Suzy, what's wrong? Do you not wanna go? I-", she furiously shakes her head. "NO..I mean, um...I need to speak with Ayesha about something..it's ok". I was stuck on what to do, so I just shrug and motion for her to get to the car.

Suzy's POV

After convincing Klay I was fine, we both jump into his car. He was driving me to meet with Ayesha at some park. I upload one of the many photos I had forced myself to take.

Caption: today's a lazy day 

@Mychelthompson: 🙄

@Zo: where's your boo?

        @SuzyV: I don't have anybody..don't you start any rumors!

        @Kuz: why you lying??  🙄🤣

@Kevindurant: you look fancy...

      @Swaggyp1: leave her alone. Let her be!

@Stephcurry30: don't be late...she's a bit cranky today

The car ride was silent...like dead silent. I didn't feel like talking, and Klay seemed awkward to try and start a conversation. 

It was one of those days where things just weren't going as planned. Were they ever? I could be fucking pregnant, even though the man responsible was in a  whole other city. The man beside me was his brother, and I couldn't tell him. I was slowly panicking. 

Once arriving at my destination, Klay sighs before putting the car in park, "Is everything alright? You are NEVER quiet". I pause as I began to open the passenger door. "Um yeah...I'm just..worried about some of my grades. Haven't gotten them", he gives me a confused look before nodding and turning back to focus on driving. I climb out of the car and find a park bench for Ayesha to meet me.

It takes her about 5 minutes to find me. She walks over and immediately senses something was wrong. "What is it? Your face is all serious!", is the first thing she says without a 'hello'. I roll my eyes before frowning at her. I don't say a word though. What could I say?

She takes a deep breath before motioning me to get up, "Let's get something to drink, and walk around, yeah?". I nod as she pulls me before linking our arms. 

Did I end up telling her my dilemma? OF COURSE. She was the only one I trusted.

"I'm sure it's nothing. You have been super stressed since you finished school. You need a vacation after the finals. Go back home to New York and get away from all of us here! It will help", is all she said. She promised not to tell Steph if it turned out I wasn't pregnant. Which was fair!

No need to have everyone panic if this whole thing turned into nothing.

A few days later 

Kyle had invited me out to dinner, and I happily agreed. I hadn't attended game 6 due to exhaustion. Ever since the panic about my "situation", I couldn't sleep. I wasn't able to focus much.

Thankfully, I had learned to believe that it wasn't true.

I had gotten my period last night. Meaning.... NO BABY. I nearly cried to Ayesha on the phone. 

I snap out of my thoughts when Kyle calls my name, "Hey, you good? You look sad". I roll my eyes before patting his arm. "I'm good, Kyle. Sorry...let's eat!", the waiter brings us the food we had ordered. He starts getting excited, and that makes me giggle. Such a child! 

We sit in silence for a while. Both stuffing our faces with food. Once we finish, Kyle decides to get desert. I didn't hear what he ordered, but once I see the waiter bringing it over, I couldn't stop laughing. 

MILK AND COOKIES... Yes, you read that right. He was really helping me forget all the bad stuff between Trayce and I. I would be stupid to deny we had an attraction to one another. I could definitely tell I was developing a crush on him.  

Was it Christmas and I just didn't know?!

I give him a look before pulling out my phone and recording a new boomerang on Instagram.

 As I record it, he just stares at me and goes, "daaamn you gonna snitch on me, huh?". I stick out my tongue and press post.

We eventually leave the restaurant and walk to the car. I was planning on sleeping at his place since it was too late to go home.

A couple of minutes into the ride, I get several texts from Trayce. About what? KYLE.

He had obviously seen my Instagram posts. I was so annoyed. He was keeping tabs on me. I never asked about him to others or even checked on him. I was actually taking this "break" seriously. UNLIKE THE MAN WHO WANTED THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I ignore the new texts coming in. I lock my phone right as we stop at the light, because Kyle tried to peak at my phone, and he raises an eyebrow. "All good?". I nod before turning to face the window. A few seconds later, he taps my shoulder.

I turn to see him do this:

"What...I don't even... Kyle, just fucking drive", he chuckles before pressing on the gas when he realizes I meant the light had turned green. 

Once arriving at his place, and settling into the couch, he groans. I raise an eyebrow at him, and he passes his phone over to me. Oh god...TMZ had seen us at the restaurant, and you can CLEARLY see me waiting for Kyle in the background. 

I press play quickly, and the man starts asking about the new season. It goes on for a while, and then Zo gets brought up. You can see me getting impatient and texting someone (Sydel), as the men keep talking.

Before Kyle leaves, the man behind the camera finally mentions.... ME. "Hey, one last thing. What's up with you and Klay Thompson''s friend?", the camera zooms in on me behind him. Kyle smirks before putting his head down (the gif above). "Uhhh..we are just friends..that's the homie!", the cameraman laughs at that comment before continuing to pressure him. In the end, he looks back at me before nodding. "Alright man, she's getting mad. I gotta go", throws up a peace sign to the camera and walks over to me.

The video ends and I'm left with many emotions. They had no right to involve me in that interview. I hung out with celebrities, but that doesn't make me one. 

I turn back to Kyle who looked nervous. "Well...that was-", he cuts me off by placing his lips on mine.

Aw fuck.... WHY WAS THIS HAPPENING?

I'm the first to pull away. "Kyle..I..", he shushes me.

"I wanted to do that for a while". Well....this was awkward. 

What do I do now? I enjoyed it...but why do I feel guilty?

Game 7

Houston, TX

Sitting in the stands at the arena three hours before game-time was rough. Security was being annoying and very protective over where we went. Since Ayesha and I were sitting in the third level of seating, that's where we were allowed to only go...besides the family room. So here I was, waiting on Ayesha to get back from the bathroom. They had Kehlani blaring on the speakers, so I decided to post a video to Instagram. I knew the guys would all shit talk to me about how bored I was.  

Fast Forward to the end of the game 

KLAY WAS ON FIRE. I mean ... really! He had been making shots after shots. The arena was NOT at all happy with him. Neither was the Rockets. After one of his shots near their bench, they had tried to distract Klay. He made the shot, and yelled at the bench, "Get out of here!". I was able to read his lips from the big screen as it showed him running away. 

The end of the game?

Warriors WON. As expected...from Warriors fans of course.

The Rockets fans around us were upset. One even tried to throw a drink at Ayesha, but I quickly pulled her just as it went past me. 

Reaching the court, I notice Steph and Kev hugging. I 'awe' at them as Ayesha giggles beside me. 

Riley and Ryan were with us. I was holding Riley's hand as we walked through the crowds of reporters and staff. Ayesha was trying her best to hold Ryan on her hip. I spot Zaza, and while still holding onto Riley, I run up and grab his shoulder. "NOTHING EASY!", he laughs at me before pulling in for a quick hug. He mumbles something about finding his wife and runs away.

I spot Klay walking with Andre and Quinn, and Riley pulls me toward her favorite uncle. Yes, Riley was OBSESSED with Klay. He was still so awkward around little children just as he was with adults. Still, everyone loved him the same.

He chats with Riley and I for a few seconds before getting called over by teammates to hurry for the trophy presentation. I tell Riley to stay close as we walk behind Klay, who looked back every few seconds to make sure we were behind him. 

Once in the tunnel, Klay is surrounded by about 3 security guards, and they blocked my view of him. He seems to notice because he stops, and pushes the security out of the way before motioning us to walk. I make sure Riley is in front of me and holding my hand, as we are guided to the presentation with Klay's hand on my back. There was a camera everywhere, so I'm sure there would be several news stories about this tomorrow. 

The presenter starts with a speech and then hands the trophy to Kevin, who then passes it to Quinn. Dray was holding his baby, and Steph was holding Ryan. 

Klay, on the other hand, was being extra goofy. I couldn't stop laughing at him. 

At one point in the presentation, I guess he wanted to be on the screen, so he stepped closer to his teammates. 

He ends up gently patting the trophy, and pulling away without any words. Everyone was laughing at him. Javale was trying to secretly record everyone. 

Klay pops up several minutes later as he tries photobomb Dray as he was being interviewed. 

TNT's Ernie Johnson then decides to interview Nick Young. This was the first time Nick has made the NBA Finals.

He responded the way you would expect from Swaggy P.

"I got a hat, as you can see, a t-shirt, and yeah," Young said.

"But what does it mean for you to get there?", Riley was getting impatient beside me. Poor girl! She just wanted to sleep since it was almost midnight. 

"It means the world to me," Nick explains. "I don't want to be interviewed right now. I want to go turn up. I really want to go have some fun but you are interrupting my moment."

"Remember this date in NBA history," Johnson says to the camera, "the day Nick Young said he didn't want to be interviewed."

Everyone begins piling out of the room. I get pats from Quinn, Kevin, Kevon, and Andre as they walk out. Klay walks up to me once he leaves the room. "Congrats, china Klay. I missed your happy self!", he chuckles before wrapping an arm around me. We stand there in the same position for a while, as people pass by and congratulate Klay. 

Breaking away from the sweaty man in front of me, I run to the bathroom to pee. I quickly take a selfie when I'm done, and upload it to Instagram. The caption? A CLASSIC. 

Caption: "I really don't wanna be interviewed right now, I wanna turn up." - Swaggy P. #warriorsin4 #dubnation

@Kuz: daaaamn baby girl 😍😭

     @Zo: she gonna kill you bro

     @SuzyV: nah he's good...for now LOL

@Ayeshacurry: come back..Riley needs you lol

@Swaggyp1: you gonna steal it already? wow

@Kporzee: miss you 

      @SuzyV: miss you too !!

Walking back to the locker room, all I can think about is how crazy this plane ride home is gonna be.

I'm so excited for the finals.

I wish it was the Celtics vs Warriors though..need to spice things up instead of the same old match-up.

Awww, look at them!

Ok, tell me who is the best in this picture!!!! I say it's Dray's baby! 

He's looking at everybody like: "Y'all wild..can I go ?". 

***** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm going on vacation as I post this, and won't be back for two weeks. My grandma passed away and I'm going to visit family.

 In the meantime, I WILL try to write as much as possible. Not sure if I'll be able to upload because of wifi. I will try to post another announcement next week... If I don't just assume that I'll upload two weeks or so from now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 1.1K 15
Brittany a girl from Houston, Texas meets with Jordan Poole through a friend. The friendship escalates and adversity meets and kills the bond. Saying...
16.9K 485 45
An up and coming singer forms a friendship with an NBA All-Star, but hidden feelings begin to surface and complicate their dynamic.
146K 3.5K 42
"You ain't gotta make your mind up right now / Right now, don't rush, no pressure" Alyssa Rayala lives her life as a 23 year old "Beauty Guru" on Yo...
3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...