Pawns | Pietro Maximoff

By ARHavana

I obviously do not own Marvel, and only own the main character Elora. More

Powers and Meeting the Speedster
Small Talk
Hair Salon and Finally Free... Sort of
Old Friends
Suspicious Robot
Mission Complete
Old Friends and New Answers
Fights, Flights, and Freezing Nights
Blind
Nightmares and Photos
Donuts and Challenges
Runaway Train
Why Does Stark Have To Create MORE Dangerous Robots?
Vision
So it Begins
Maybe
Tumbling
Hela
Called In
Mistakes and a New Ride
Helping Set Up a Robbery

Resurrected

1.8K 37 16
By ARHavana

  (Wanda's POV)

Another day with a corpse. Elora had been dead for three days with no pulse and no heartbeat. However, Fury had ordered for her to be kept hooked up to a heart monitor and IV. He was saying that perhaps her powers could help bring her back. The doctors had tried all treatments they could come up with, yet she would not wake up. I wondered how long it would take for them to give up. My opinion on the situation was that if she was going to come back- when she comes back, it will not be because of some treatment. Never the less, they continued to try some particularly questionable methods. The scientists had left for a lunch break, leaving me alone with the body of my best friend. When I thought about it, I realized that she was more so my only friend.

"Please wake up Elora," I whispered, choking slightly.

After checking to make sure no one was around, I grabbed her hand and allowed the tears to roll down my cheeks once again. 

It was not fair. Questions of why she left us, as well as what was my role in her death flooded my mind and spilled over the dam of my self control. Anger bubbled up inside me and an empty glass next to me exploded soon after. I did my best to regain control over my powers. Crying would not help her return. She left me to deal with a depressed and slightly mental brother by myself. I had tried to get through to him but he never spoke a word, or even acknowledged my presence. He simply stared at the wall, or ran into it. I was not allowed to near the cell, only to speak to him through a computer which he promptly ignored. I gave Elora's hand a small squeeze before releasing it and resting my head on her arm. The opening of a door made me leap to my feet. Spinning on my heel I turned to see who it was.

"Hello Ms. Maximoff," Jemma said softly.

I'd only met the girl yesterday and immediately found that she was very energetic and kind. Jemma Simmons had been monitoring Elora for the past day or so, and I was never informed why she had been the one chosen for the task.

"Hey Jemma, where's Fitz?" I asked, knowing that the two were pretty close.

"Oh he's-"

She was cut off by an obnoxious beeping noise. Eyes wide, I turned back towards Elora's body. The heart monitor was beeping and suddenly the sound was the most beautiful thing to ever grace my ears.

"What the hell?" I murmured in disbelief.

"She's alive? I didn't even think that was possible! How is she even breathing-" Simmons ranted, her voice slowly fading as I merely tried to comprehend the situation.

(Elora's POV)

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of voices. One in particular sounded familiar, incredibly so. I smiled when my brain finally registered the scene in front of me.

"Hey Wanda," I croaked.

The girl did not say a word, she simply stared with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. I sighed, noticing the other girl in the room had a similar expression.

"You know, you're both gonna catch flies like that."

The two closed their mouths and Wanda immediately lowered herself to pull me into a tight embrace.

"I thought you were dead," she cried softly into my shoulder.

"I was but someone decided I wasn't quite finished here. How's Pietro?" I asked, surprised he had not already arrived. 

"I'm sure he would be here if he could but right now um.... He's kind of..."

"For gods sake Wanda, spit it out."

"He's in a containment cell," the scientist stated.

"A WHAT?!" I screeched, flinging the thin sheet off of me.

"He freaked out after you died. We had to keep him from hurting himself, or anyone else." Wanda said.

"So they locked him up? That will just make him panic." I sighed, trying to calm down as my hands curled into fists.

"There was nothing else we could do.. I'm Jemma Simmons by the way."

"Elora." I said briskly.

"Now where is his cell?" I asked, sitting up and flipping my legs over the side of the bed.

Great, a hospital gown.

"Nevermind for now. Can I get dressed first?" I asked.

"You shouldn't be moving so much-"

"I'm fine Jemma." I interrupted, glancing at Wanda.

The witch nodded once before leaving the room.

"How did you wake up?" Simmons asked.

"I don't quite understand it myself let alone enough to explain it. I don't remember anything," I lied.

Jemma nodded and we sat in awkward silence until Wanda burst back through the door with a bra, jeans, underwear, and a blue t-shirt. Shoving them out the door, I pulled all the clothes onto my body as quickly as possible. When I was done, I called Jemma and Wanda back inside.

"Alright, now show me where Pietro is."

"I don't think-" Jemma started, only to stop after receiving glares from both Wanda and I.

"Follow me," she sighed defeatedly.

With a sharp nod to the twin, I followed after the scientist quickly as she walked down the hall and into a stairwell. We went to the middle level before arriving at a guarded door.

"You're not authorized-" one of the two guards started.

"Oh shut up." I muttered, using a nearby table and telekinesis to knock them both out.

It was then that I felt us experience some turbulence.

"We're still in the air?" I questioned.

"Yes Ms. Benton. We let all the citizens out before heading back up. We dropped the Avengers off at Stark towers and now we're back up. Where else were we supposed to go now that SHIELD has been compromised? Not to mention how would we get the Maximoff boy out of the cell without him escaping." Fury stated, walking down the stairs.

A look of annoyance crossed his face when he noticed the guards.

"Did you have to?" he muttered.

I shrugged slightly with a sheepish grin.

"I hope you realize that stepping into that cell with a compromised genetically enhanced is a dangerous situation. He may not even be capable of recognizing anyone in this state. All he has been doing is racing around the little box of his. There is a large chance he may end up injuring you. Or, seeing you could make his mental state worse."

"I know the risks Fury, but his mental state could improve as well. Sticking him in a box was the worst thing you could've done though, he hates confined spaces." I stated, ready to open the door.

"Wait a moment, let me call down some guards."

"Why?" I asked.

"To keep him from getting out. No one will be able to go in to help you," he responded quietly.

So the man called four guards down who stood at the entrance, tranquilizers ready. One entered the pin code and held the handle.

"On the count of three you go in. Remember miss, just call out when you want to leave."

I nodded sharply.

"One. Two. Three!"

The door opened just enough for me to slip through. As soon as I entered a blur crashed into the now closed door behind me.

"Pietro?" I whispered, staring at him.

His clothes were ripped and tattered. The normally mischief filled eyes were filled with something I could not quite place. Something on the line between sorrow and insanity. There were long scrapes on his neck, face, arms, and legs that looked like nail marks. He seemed to have scratched himself so badly some cuts had even started to bleed. Before I could examine him closer, he was running once again.

"Pietro," I said calmly.

No response.

"Pietro, it's Elora."

He stopped crashing into walls for a moment.

"You can't be. SHE'S DEAD!" he screeched, crashing into the wall yet again.

"I am not dead Pietro." I said, taking a step towards him.

He stopped and stared at me like a deer caught in headlights.

"I'm just imagining things again. Why can't you just leave me alone?! Even in death I can't get you out of my head. You're driving me insane!" He yelled, taking a step back but not bolting.

I walked toward him, never breaking eye contact. His eyes showed fear and confusion, which was at least better than the earlier insanity. His body was shaking as I stood only a few inches away.

"If I was a figure of your imagination, would I be able to do this?" I asked, pulling him into a gentle hug.

"Would you be able to feel me?" I whispered into his ear.

For a moment, the man stood completely rigid with his eyes glazed over. However, it was only moments later that he was holding me tightly, his face buried into the side of my neck.

"How are you still alive?" he whispered, a few tears leaving his eyes and dropping onto my shoulder.

"Haha. A goddess decided I wasn't done here and sent me back."

"Well that's unexpected. Did she want anything in return?"

"Just an invitation," I started, cutting myself short to keep from saying anything else.

"For what?" he asked curiously.

"Uhm... Nothing. What invitation?" I laughed nervously.

He lifted his head off my shoulders and brought his lips to mine. My eyes widened for a moment before fluttering shut. I brought one hand up to play with his hair and the other to the back of his neck while he pulled my waist against his. His tongue brushed over my bottom lip, tentatively asking for entrance. Deciding to be stubborn, I teasingly kept my mouth sealed. He let out a displeased grunt and slid his hands down by body before nipping at my bottom lip. The combined actions elicited a quiet moan which allowed him to slip his tongue into my mouth. Unfortunately, oxygen is a necessity for human existence so we could not stay like that forever. We broke our kiss, both breathing a bit heavily.

"So. What invitation?" he chuckled.

"A wedding one," I murmured, slightly dazed.

"Tell her I'll be getting right on that soon," he stated.

It took a moment for that to sink in, and a sudden announcement prevented me from responding.

"Benton, I'd like to inform you that you, Wanda Maximoff, and Pietro Maximoff are scheduled to be dropped off at Stark towers within a few hours." Fury stated through the speaker set up in the top corner of the cell.

"Also, Agent Coulson would like to-"

Rustling could be heard before Phil's voice came through the speaker.

"Yes. Mr. Maximoff, if you hurt Elora I know at least a dozen ways to make your life a living hell. Also, don't forget to invite me to the wedding as well Elora. By the way, the video recording of you and Pietro kissing has already been sent to Stark for blackmail seeing as he was going to hack in and see it anyways. That is all, the door to the cell should be open in about-"

The door opened.

"Well, now. Don't forget Maximoff, if you make a mistake with her it will be the last one you'll be able to make. I've already done the dying and coming back to life scenario so don't doubt that I'll continue to come after your sorry ass. There won't be anything left of you when I'm finished. On that happy note, have a nice day."

"Who was that?" Pietro asked.

"The closest thing to a dad I've ever had since mine died. His name's Phil, Agent Coulson to most. He is a really nice guy, I mean he took me in when I had nowhere else to go.He  just doesn't trust easily, especially after being stabbed through the chest with a magic spear."

I laughed at Pietro's bewildered expression as we walked out of the cell, hands intertwined. Surprisingly, the guards, Jemma, and Wanda had all left. Although it was not that I minded much as I rested my head on my partner's shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.5K 144
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤." (𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐱 𝐂𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤) 𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐤'𝐬...
7.1K 105 26
I only own the character 'Izzy'.
108K 2.9K 38
Highschool AU. All Avengers characters will be in it (like loki, Pietro, fury, etc) DISCLAIMER I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS
5.2K 51 16
Just a bunch of Wandanat one shots -- I don't own any of the Marvel characters!