The Traveler

By Darth_Rainbow_QoC

Lucie Aconite ran away from home. The insignificant girl became a Traveler. Travelers are mandated to help he... More

Forewords
Meeting.
Aconite. Lucie Aconite.
To Each Their Own Demons.
Alteration.
Crossing Paths.
Daddy Issues.
Breath.
Discoveries.
Shallow Shadow.
Heart Beasts.
Mistakes And Matches.
Destination Destiny.
Deadly Daddy.
A Hell Of A Ride.
(Not) Coping Mechanisms.
Deception & Delusions.
Timelines Jumble & Trouble.
A Helpless Kind Of Hope
Connected.
Treacherous Realities And Their Casualties.
Erasure.
Revelations.
A Little Gumption.
Reality Calling.
Transgressions.
Dust to be Distributed.
Ave, Atque, Vale.
Wasted Tears.
No Point In Running.
A little rest.
Epilogue

Traitorous Memories Of A Painful Past.

165 9 12
By Darth_Rainbow_QoC

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

═══════ ✦✧✦ ═══════

Current Present,
Constantly Transiting Temple
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Despite feeling unwell, Lucie stood stall, at the center of the court, straightening her back and hardening her feature for the sentence that had to come.

"Light." A Solivagant initiated. "Due to the recent events, we chose to agree to your request, giving your the permission to go back to the Shadowhunters' world. Only to speak to Clarissa Fairchild or anyone who could potentially have informations about the time-loop you seem to be stuck in. If, we were to learn that another reason drew you to that particular universe, not only will you answer to us, but also to the Supreme Court of the United Agencies, especially to the angel Raziel." Lucie nodded, eye twitching for a second with something akin to relief and surprise mixed together. "Very well. Case dismissed." The Solivagant spoke before they all stood up as one. The group left through a specific door. Then the members of the ancient council left. And finally the doors of the courtroom were open for all Travelers to leave.

Lucie stood, unable to move. The prospect of returning to Shadowhunters brought no joy to the Traveler. Just an unexpected and frightening emptiness. Soon, she found herself alone in the room, with Adrian. "You did it." He said, approaching her. Growing closer, the male furrowed his brows. Carefully, he cupped her face with both hands. "You don't seem okay." He pointed out. "At all. You're livid Lucie.  Are you certain you're ready to face Clary and—" He left his sentence unfinished, knowing she grasped the implications. Lucie nodded making him sigh. "Fine." He withdrew his hands to pocket them. "If you say you are, then I believe you. You're a tough cookie, Aconite." That brought the tiniest smile to the female's lips.

"Can we get some? Actual cookies I mean? I saw some in the souvenir shop, with interactive maps like yours to know where other Travelers are. I wanna buy one."

Adrian furrowed his brows. "There's a souvenir shop in the CT Temple?"

Lucie chuckled. "Yup." She answered, popping the 'P'. "How come you didn't know?"

"Because I was never sent to trial before." Adrian replied. "I only ever came as a fellow Traveler, to watch a trial in between two missions." He said and shrugged.

"Well you missed on cookies, t-shirts and stupid mugs with 'To the infinity and beyond, we shall travel.' or 'I travel to save lives, what do you do?' or my favorite, 'I am wanderer with a destination, a traveler with a mission.'" She snorted. " They have pins too, come on, let me show you!" She grabbed his arm without thinking and started to lead him away.

Time and Space Continuum, Waverider
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Mick turned up the volume to Set Fire to The Rain. "I think I like this Adele girl already."

Rip sighed. "Mister Rory. We're not about to meet the British singer, but Clarissa Adele Fairchild, a Shadowhunter."

Ray chuckled. "What do they do exactly? They follow people in the dark to capture their shadows?" He snickered.

Sara crossed her arms over her chest. "That really wasn't funny."

"No it wasn't." Nate confirmed. "Shadowhunters actually hunt down evil demon-blooded creatures to protect humans."

"Oh, so you didn't believe in Arthur's legend but you have no issues grasping the concept of demons?" Ray asked, furrowing his brows.

"Well," Nate's shoulders moved in a jerky shrug. "science can't explain it all."

Ray scoffed. "Well, history is insufficient and sparse!" The historian just rolled his eyes at the remark. So did Mick who turned the volume higher to the Adele song.

Current Present, New York
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Lucie and Adrian appeared in front of the old church. Courtesy of the Solivagants. Straight to the point. Lucie drew in a breath through her nose. Then retrieved a chinese ring dagger from her thigh holster. "You're gonna need a weapon." She told her partner. Adrian nodded before effortlessly opening the Duat and drawing out a kopesh out of the magical dimension. "Ready?" She asked. He nodded. "Let's go then." She said before heading toward the entrance, climbing the few steps separating them from the door of the abandoned church. She awaited for Adrian, then held out a hand for him to take. The magician grinned and slowly intertwined their fingers. He scrunched up in nose in satisfaction as she fondly rolled her eyes. 'Idiot' he heard her lowly mumble as she pushed the door.

At first, nothing happened. After all neither of the Traveler possessed the sight rune. But because they were being endorsed by an atemporal organization, and because Lucie had been there before, it granted her the ability to see what she knew was there. And transfer that ability to Adrian via physical contact. Slowly, before their eyes, the old Church turned into a luminous, high technology room. "That's... White." Adrian said, making her chuckle.

"I said the exact same thing the first time. Now wait for it."She declared, waving at a Shadowhunter that walked past them. As soon as they were noticed, an alarm rung and armed shadowhunters made their way toward them, among them Isabelle.

"Back to back." Lucie told Adrian. They needed to be able to protect each other, especially if they were entering a fight outnumbered and ill equipped. She retrieved a second ring dagger as the two moved into formation. "Don't injure too badly, don't maim, don't kill." She told Adrian, as she swirled the newly acquired dagger around her index.

"Gotcha." Adrian said, narrowing his eyes. He held his khopesh up in a defense stance, awaiting for a Shadowhunter to attack. As soon as the first one lunged forward, Adrian kicked him in the stomach. "I haven't actually fought in a while." He remarked, elbowing the one that came to his right in the face and flinging his sword forward to meet a seraph blade. "I hate the sneaky ones." He grunted.

Lucie huffed, going sideways to dodge an opponent. "Me too." She said before throwing a chinese ring dagger right in the glenoid cavity of a shadowhunter coming her way. "God, I'm glad my aim is still true." She said before bending backwards to dodge a blade. But despite good reflexes, her skin was grazed.

Adrian stomped on the foot of one of his opponent. "Don't force me to hurt you buddy." He warned. But he wasn't listened to, and a seraph blade was thrusted in his right side. The magician growled in pain, but managed to head butt the shadowhunter that had wounded him. The young nephilim stumbled backwards, eyes wide as he brought a hand to his bleeding forehead. "By the fury of Sekhmet." Adrian let out loud breaths through gritted teeth. "I'm done being nice." He grunted out, addressing the shadowhunter that had stumbled backwards and landed on his ass. "Move, I dare you." He spoke, holding the tip of his khopesh right under the man's throat. The Shadowhunter lifted their hands up in surrender. Adrian punched him in the face, hoping to knock him out.

"Iz..." Lucie tried, as the brunette turned her bracelet into a staff. "Isabelle, come on, remember." She rasped out as the girl swung her staff toward her. Lucie grabbed the staff in the air. "Come on!" She yelled. "Isabelle!" Her eyes met with the other girl's. Izzy pushed forward, squinting her eyes. Lucie sighed, she put her right leg behind the one of the shadowhunter and pulled toward her, making her loose her balance. Isabelle let go of the stick trying to catch her balance before falling on her back. The Traveler held the head of the staff under the girl's throat. "Don't move. I don't want to—" Someone grabbed Lucie by the waist, lifting her up in the air and pulling her back. The girl tried to kick in the air but nothing. "LET GO! LET GO OF ME! ADRIAN!" She yelled, trying the elbow the person in the ribs but failing.

Adrian groaned. "No killing." The magician let out groans of pain as he struggled to draw out the blade thrusted in his side. "No killing." He repeated, rolling his eyes before thrusting said seraph into someone's stomach. He then pulled out, watching that person fall onto their knees and hit them with the hilt of his own khopesh, sending them to the ground unconscious. Scanning his surroundings to find Lucie, he realized that the girl needed help. Noticing one of her blades in his vicinity, he picked it up from the ground. Then threw it at the back of the person who was holding her. The magician let out a sigh of relief when the person let go, loudly growling. Khopesh in a hand, he clutched his wounded side with the other, trying to slow down the bleeding.

Lucie got out of his grip and lunged toward Isabelle's staff before she could, using it to sweep a shadowhunter off of their feet. She easily send them to the ground before looking back at Isabelle who had stood up. "REMEMBER ME! ISABELLE !" She yelled, her breath ragged, hair sticking on her forehead because of the sweat as she held onto the staff with both hands. But nothing. No reaction. Isabelle still lunged forward. Lucie sighed and used the skilled shadowhunter's weapon to hit her in the stomach, making her stumble back a bit, arching as she held onto her stomach. Lucie used the moment of distraction to sweep her off of her feet, again making Isabelle's back hit the ground in a large thud.

By now, a wounded Adrian was fighting with a blond. Seraph blade against khopesh. Both were gauging each other with predatory-like slow motion circles before lunging forward every now and then. Kicks were dodged, the sound of blades relentlessly meeting filling the air. But still, neither could actually hurt the other. And despite being wounded, the magician was capable of holding his own.

Lucie was standing above Isabelle, holding the head of the staff under the girl's throat. The two girls were looking at each other in the eyes, no one daring to blink. "Remember, please." Lucie begged.

Isabelle blinked a few times, her confusion turning into surprise. "Lucie?"

The traveler let out a sigh of relief before helping her friend up. "I swear for a second I was afraid I'd have to hurt you, for real."

Izzy chuckled. "You could never." She said before pulling her friend into a hug. Lucie gladly hugged bag. They then pulled away. "EVERYBODY STOP! THEY'RE FRIENDS!" Isabelle yelled. "JACE! STOP!"

"Fine." The blond muttered under his breath before drawing back his sword.

Adrian wiped the blood on his khopesh on his jeans before opening the Duat and shoving it inside. The male Traveler then closed his eyes, focusing on letting his healing powers flow through his hand. Once he knew he had activated his healing touch, he brought his hand to his stomach, making the wound disappear and the pain lessen.

Lucie furrowed her brows. "You're a healer?"

Adrian just shrugged. "Yeah, and the former host for Serquet. Led the ninth nome for a while."

"Good to know." She chuckled before clearing her throat and looking back at Isabelle. "Iz, this is Adrian. My—"

Adrian chuckled. "Boyfriend slash Bodyguard slash Partner on good days." He spoke before holding on his hand toward Isabelle. She put her hand on top of his and he brought it to his lips to kiss her fingertips. "A pleasure to meet you."

Lucie and Jace both rolled their eyes. "What are you all looking at?!" Jace asked the Shadowhunters that were waiting around. "Help those who need to go to the infirmary. The others, get back to your job." The blond intimated. Slowly the room emptied itself.

"Okay." Isabelle crossed her arms over her chest, going to stand next to her brother who was doing the exact same. "So, what are you doing here?"

"We came to talk to Clarissa Adele Fairchild." Adrian informed.

"No." Jace answered. "No way we're letting strangers who attacked us near Clary. She's suffered enough. We're not taking any risks."

"Strangers." Lucie scoffed, tongue in her left cheek before straightening her back and clasping her hands together. "We are here to talk to Clary. We don't need your permission to do so, sir."

Isabelle furrowed her brows. "You don't recognize her?" She asked, glancing at her brother.

"Should I?" Jace asked, unphased.

"No. Of course not. There's nothing to remember." Lucie spoke.

"I told you it'd be hard." Adrian whispered in her ear. "But you're doing great." He added before lightly squeezing her shoulder.

Lucie shot him a shy, grateful smile before facing back Jace and Isabelle. "We will not leave until we've spoken to Clary."

"About what?" Jace questionned, furrowing his brows.

"About something personal." Lucie answered.

"You don't tell me, you don't see her." The blond said. "Simple as that."

Lucie chuckled. "So I have to go through you, huh? Give me a five minutes and we'll be good." She said before fetching a chinese ring dagger in her left boot and swirling it around her index. "And your glassy sword will be of no use."

"It's not a glassy sword it's a—"

"Seraph." She rolled her eyes. "Yes. I know." Lucie finished, tilting her head to the side. "So, shall I go through you?" She asked, defiance and pent up frustration oozing from her every word.

Jace chuckled. "Won't be necessary." He gestured behind Adrian and Lucie with his chin. Clary and Simon were just stepping inside the institute.

"Huh, what is going on?" Clary asked and glanced around. "And what happened here?" She furrowed her brows, seeing the mess.

"I like making an entrance." Lucie answered and shrugged, a faint smile on her lips.

Adrian chuckled. "That way we do leave an impression."

"Lucie!" Simon made his way toward the girl and pulled her in a hug. "I missed you."

Lucie's smile turned fonder as she hugged him back. "Me too." She answered, truthfully. They hugged for a few seconds before letting go. "Clary, could I speak to you? In private?"

The redhead shrugged. "Whatever you wanna say to me, you can say in front of them."

Lucie sighed deeply. "It's going to sound crazy but,"

Simon chuckled. "I think you don't know the amount of crazy we deal with on a daily basis."

The hunter's smile widened a bit. "So... I think, somehow, you and I," Lucie glanced at Clary. "are linked. Have you felt anything strange? Seen anything strange? No vision of any sort?"

Clary shook her head. "Not concerning you. Just nightmares."

"Concerning whom?" Lucie asked, furrowing her brows.

"My father. It's like...." The redhead tilted her head to the side, eyes narrowing as she indulged herself the time of reflection. "Its like it's him. But at the same time not. I just see him, going into a dark room and untying a girl from a chair, but every time the vision comes to her face, it just fades away. But I remember the pain. The pain in his eyes." She furrowed her brows. "I had never seen it before. He looked devastated."

Adrian and Lucie exchanged a look. "Do you remember anything from the room? The walls?" Adrian asked.

"What about the the knots." Lucie said. "The knots at the girl's ankles. Were they complicated?"

"I don't..." Clary shook her head. "I don't know."

Lucie went to one of the computers of the OPS center and typed 'Fesseln knot' on google image. "Do you recognize any of those? Was it similar to any of those?"

"This one!" Clary exclamated, seeing the very first image. "That was exactly that." She looked at Lucie. "How did you know?"

Lucie glanced at Adrian. "That was me. That girl. It was me. You said you read my file..." Adrian nodded. "That's how Leith," She swallowed hard. "That's how Leith tied me down. It's a nautical knot. Very particular and impossible to undo on your own." Adrian's jaw clenched. "I—" She blinked. "Huh." Lucie furrowed her brows. "Can someone show me where the bathroom is again?" She asked, trying her best to keep a composed attitude.

"I will." Izzy said before hooking her arm around her friend's and leading her away.

"Who is she?" Jace asked, watching his sister and the unknown girl go.

"You don't remember?" Simon asked.

"Should I?"

"Jace.... It's Lucie.  She saved Clary's life. The we got trapped into another universe where we all almost died and then thanks to a veterinarian we all got back."

Jace frowned. "What?"

Simon threw his head back and groaned making Clary chuckle. Adrian just awkwardly stood there, silently. "Who are you?" Simon asked him.

"I'm Adrian. Her boyfriend." Better go with the cover on this one.

Jace furrowed his brows. "Slash bodyguard, slash partner." He finished. But it somehow sounded wrong in his ear.

"I thought Travelers worked alone." Simon pointed out. "You know the whole no strings attached because each time you leave a universe people are supposed to forget you."

"Usually, we do. But due to particular circumstances, we've been assigned to joint missions together for a while now."

"Is that how you two got together?" Jace asked, narrowing his eyes at Adrian.

Adrian rubbed the back of his neck. "I think we just always felt this kind of attraction you know? She's all bite for no warning bark, unpredictable, wild, beautiful. It started with antagonistic banters and ended up like that, I guess."

"You guess?" Jace asked.

"Yes. I guess. I'm not perfectly sure how, or when, or why, but what I do know is that I fell for her. For her little quirks like twirling a chinese ring dagger around her index when she gets bored or talking too fast when she gets excited of lowering her eyelids in a shy manner every time someone would compliment her. But I also fell for the outspoken, strong, fierce and hard-working girl who earned my respect with every action and every choice she made on the battlefield and will keep falling for her, every single damn second I'm allowed to spend by her side because there will always be something new for me to discover about her." Adrian spoke, looking straight into Jace's eyes, daringly, seeming to say 'was that convincing enough?'

Jace glanced at Clary, who was looking at him too before looking away. Silence fell in the room.

Time and Space Continuum, Waverider
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"Aren't we making a mistake by meddling with the timeline?" Martin asked, getting into his seat.

"When are we not?" Jax asked.

"Yeah. He's got a point." Sara shrugged before buckling her seat. "Everybody get in your seat. We're going to New York!"

"We're not going to mess things up. All we're going to do is ask questions. No picking fights." Rip warned.

Mick threw his head back, in a groan. "You go talk to the girl, I'll go explore the city."

"Does your exploring include theft?" Ray asked, furrowing his brows.

"No it doesn't. Right, Mick?" Amaya asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rory sighed. "... Right." Amaya smiled.

Current Present, New York
━━━━━ ━━━━━

"Iz... This isn't the bathroom." Lucie said, entering her friend's chambers.

"I know. But I figured you didn't want to pee but to silently cry your own. And that, I couldn't allow. And don't give me the 'I wanted to freshen up' excuse because you have everything to freshen up here."

"Thank you." Lucie sat down on the edge of the bed, eyes twitching. "My brother tortured me. For days." She choked out, looking down at her fidgety hands. "Because my father ordered him to."

"Oh." Isabelle said, sitting next to her friend.

"It's okay. I'm over it now." Lucie shrugged. "It's just that sometimes," She furrowed her brows, tears welling in her eyes. "it kind of hits me in the face." She chuckled, the sound wet and hollow. Lucie squeezing her eyes shut, wiping away the beginning of what could turn into tears with the palm of her hands. She then heaved a long sigh before reopening her eyes. Isabelle just silently wrapped her arms around her friend, resting her forehead against Lucie's in a side hug.

The girl stayed silently like that for a while before Isabelle broke the silence. "Why, why doesn't Jace remember you?"

Lucie swallowed hard. "Iz, Jace and I had a thing."

The Shadowhunter chuckled. "I would know. He wouldn't stop talking about you even weeks after he got back. He was desperate to find a way to remember. That made him even more grumpy than usual."

That brought the tiniest smile to Lucie's lips. "Well, the thing is, Jace and Clary are supposed to make it in the long run." Both girls let out a long, heavy sigh. Lucie furrowed her brows. "No."She blinked a few times. "You're into Clary?"

Isabelle sighed. "Not that it matters, but how could I not be?" She chuckled. "She's beautiful and fierce and outspoken and talented, and so damn lovable and," She swallowed thickly. "and it breaks my heart every single time she feels like she's not good enough. She's more than enough. And she's been through so much yet hasn't lost hope, she's..." Isabelle shook her head. "She's amazing."

Lucie laughed softly. "Have you thought about telling her that?"

"Why bother? You said it yourself, Jace is the one for her."

"Isabelle Lightwood, no one but yourself has the right to write your destiny. And it's not because some old dudes wearing cloaks told you a story that it has to be your story. Fight for what you want. Don't live with regrets."

Izzy chuckled. "Same goes for you."

Lucie shook her head. "For me, it's different. Nothing can happen between Jace and I. If anything does, I'll be sent to the future memory-less and erased from the current timeline. Or worse... And I don't know what worse is, nor do I wanna find out. The Solivagants warned me. I'm just here to figure out what's going on between Clary and I. Nothing else. No funny business."

Isabelle nodded. "I'm sorry."

Lucie shrugged. "I'm not. Jace has a beautiful destiny. I'm just not meant to be a part of it."

Isabelle sighed and reached for her friend's hands. She gave them a light squeeze. "I guess some risks are just not worth taking."

Lucie shook her head. "It's not that. You know how great your brother is. I just want what's best for him."

"Who says it's not you?"

"So many people. You have no idea."  Isabelle wiped away the unoticed tear that had rolled down her friend's cheek.

━ ✦ ━

"So..." Simon spoke, breaking the silence. "What do you think they're doing in there?" He asked, glancing toward the main corridor of the institute.

"Girls stuffs." Jace answered making Adrian chuckle. "What?" He asked, on the defensive.

"What does 'girls stuffs' even mean?" Adrian asked.

Jace sighed but didn't bother to dignify him with an answer. Simon rubbed the back of his neck and glanced at Clary. "I'm gonna go." He whispered before kissing his best friend's cheek and vamp speeding away before she could say anything. She fondly rolled her eyes. 

Adrian just chuckled making Jace furrow his brows. "What?"

Adrian shrugged innocently. "Nothing I didn't say anything."

"Your eyes did." Jace said.

"No they didn't."

"Who cares?" Clary asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Pretty face over there's got a point. It's pointless to argue. Lucie and I just came to talk, we'll be gone before you can not longer repress your urge to punch me in the face." Adrian told Jace and grinned.

"Who's punching who in the face?" Lucie asked, entering back the OPS Center, Isabelle by her side.

"No one is punching anyone." Clary spoke. "We were just wondering what it meant to have you two here? We've got no particular mission going on."

Lucie nodded. "I understand. I actually requested to be sent here. There's something about the two of us Clary. I think we're linked, somehow."

"Way to be clear." Jace grumbled.

Clary ignored him. "You already said that before. But what does it mean?"

"It's linked to Valentine, isn't it?" Izzy asked, remembering that Lucie's father looked just like Clary's.

"Who is Valentine?" Lucie asked, making Jace chuckle humorlessly.

Isabelle went to a screen of the OPS center and opened Valentine Morgenstern's file. The censored version. She frowned. "I no longer have the accreditation to open the whole file?"

Jace's jaw clenched. "Ten bucks it's a decision from the Clave."

Lucie and Adrian went over the screen to look at the file. Lucie blinked a few times at the picture. "It's not possible." She elbowed Adrian and muttered a "backpack." He nodded and opened the Duat to retrieve her backpack before handing it to her. Lucie went through, looking for a small picture of her family. It was old and a bit dog-eared at the corners. But it was a picture of her father and her mother. The only one she'd kept. She glanced from the picture to the screen then back from the screen to the picture.

"It's the same dude." Adrian spoke, apparently being the only one not at loss of words.

Lucie and Clary exchanged a look. "That's the link, isn't it?" The redhead asked. Lucie silently nodded, still a bit shocked.

Adrian glanced at his partner. "You're okay there?" Lucie nodded again, bringing her hands to her shoulders, hugging herself as memories of her last altercation with her father came to her mind. She closed her eyes and turned her head as if to look away, distinctively hearing the sword falling down and beheading Zero. Adrian closed the distance between them and cautiously cupped her face with both hands. "Look at me." He muttered. The girl opened her eyes, tears filling them. He checked her pupils, they weren't dilated so it wasn't another reality that had piled itself. It was just pain. Adrian heaved a long sigh before letting go. He couldn't heal heartache.

Lucie wiped away the tears on the sleeve on her shirt before they could roll down her cheeks. "Okay, now that we've found the link, I probably should tell you about my side of things." She told Clary, her eyes solely focusing on the redhead.

Clary nodded. "Whenever you're ready, I'll listen."

Lucie rolled her shoulders back, hearing her father's voice say 'soldiers on' in her head. "I'm ready right now." She answered and sniffled a little.

"If you allow me," Adrian interrupted. "I could explain." He glanced at Lucie who nodded. "Let's make it short and simple, yeah?" He glanced at Jace and winked. "So, basically, Lucie is stuck in a time loop where she dies, comes back, dies again. And during this loop she also happen to see Clary die, but apparently Clary doesn't feel it. So it's weird."

"What if someone else does? What if several someone elses' do?" Jace asked.

Clary's eyes fell on him. "Simon.... Oh no." She frowned. "Jace... You too?"

He sighed. "Yeah, yeah, the mundane and I can feel your death, every time. There must be some sort of glitch somewhere."

"No, it actually make sense." Lucie said, her voice no longer wavering but still less confident than usually. "You know it's not a glitch don't you? You went to see Magnus didn't you?" She inquired, knowing they probably had. Jace's expression was enough to confirm her suspicions. "So you saw. And you just feel it because Simon and you are the closest person to Clary right now, the most emotionally connected..." Jace glanced at the redhead, who shyly looked away. Lucie sighed. "When you went to see Magnus, what did he say?"

"He showed us pieces and bits of our memories." Jace spoke. "But it was weird, those were just fragments of what could've been that just stayed stuck in our mind, hindered by something or someone. Perhaps even ourselves because of the unbearable pain."

"So there is a sort of pain even you can't bear, huh?" Lucie asked, without thinking. Just a thought that had slipped out.

Jace's jaw clenched but he didn't bother to answer her. "Magnus hasn't been able to provide us more answers."

"But perhaps someone else could. Someone who can easily travel around realms and lives in her very own." Isabelle spoke.

"No." Clary and Jace said at the same time.

"That's gon' be a yes for me then." Adrian said. "Who's that person we're going to see?"

"The Seelie Queen. And you're not going anywhere." Jace warned.

"Maybe we could try the silent brothers first." Clary suggested, rubbing the back of her neck, thinking of her last encounter with the Seelie Queen. She could feel Isabelle's eyes on her, burning her skin. Clary dared glancing her way, their eyes met, for a few seconds before they both looked away.

"I'll go." Isabelle spoke. "Alone. And this is not negotiable. I know the Seelies better than anyone here."

Lucie nodded. Adrian grinned. "I love women of power. I trust you." He told Izzy who grinned back. She mouthed 'I like him' to Lucie who smiled.

Jace sighed. "I trust you too. You know that."

"Good." Isabelle glanced at Clary, raising an eyebrow.

"Iz..." The redhead sighed. "I trust you too."

Isabelle sighed deeply. "Then I'll go get ready." She said before leaving the room, hugging her brother who was entering on her way out.

"What's going on?"!Alec asked, emerging from his office after hours of paper works. "Jace, 'I drove my sword through the scumbag then withdrew watching him puke some dark liquid and then turn into smoke' doesn't count as a serious mission report. Details are a key element. And the use of onomatopeia is strictly prohibited for you, from now on."

The blond grinned a bit. "Aye, aye, Captain."

Alec rolled his eyes. He then acknowledged the two newcomers, brows furrowed. "Who are you two? Tell me Clary didn't bring more mundane friends here please."

"I'm not a human. I'm a magician." Adrian spoke, feeling slightly offended.

"And I'm a Traveler but still very human." Lucie said.

The dark haired Shadowhunter frowned. That face, he knew it. He'd seen it somewhere before, he could tell. But his memories were so hazy. 'I could've sworn there was a girl' Isabelle's words came back to his mind. "A girl." He mumbled for himself.

Adrian and Lucie shared a look. "Three minutes." The male said.

"I say closer to ten. He never liked me." Lucie said before shaking Adrian's hand to conclude their bet.

It took Alec seven, long, incredibly awkward minutes where everyone was silent gauging each other before he remembered. "Oh, yeah. The huntress." He let out a soft chuckle-like breath. "Lucie."

The girl grinned and glanced at Adrian. "Told ya." She held her hand out and he handed her a single dollar.

"Better spend it well, lady." He told her.

"Will do." She winked.

"So what are you doing back here?" Alec asked.

"Came to talk to Clary about something. But yeah, we were kinda done now and I'm exhausted cos I just got out of trial. So see you tomorrow y'all." She spoke before grabbing Adrian's arm and heading outside the institute.

"That girl..." Jace started.

"is a whirlwind. We know." Alec finished and rolled his eyes. "You said it like a hundred times already. We got it."

Jace furrowed his brows. "What?"

Clary patted Alec's shoulder. "Drop it, he doesn't remember." She said before walking out of the OPS Center, heading toward the rooms, hoping she'll be able to speak to Izzy.

Time and Space Continuum,
Time Traveling Ship
━━━━━ ━━━━━

Khiron threw a glass of brandy toward one of the many screens in his screen room. His plan was failing and he was growing more and more frustrated with every try. And now that Clary and Lucie had reunited, things would only get more difficult... He let out a scream out of frustration. "GRAAAAAAHHH" His voice was low, deep, guttural and definitely angry.

Little did he know that while his plans were failing, his doppelgängers were making some on their own. Some that did not include him anymore....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1K 80
All imagines, preferences and drabbles about Teen Wolf, The Originals, The 100, Once Upon A Time, Shadowhunters and Vampire Diaries written by showan...
1K 98 7
Alec Lightwood had a successful life. He worked damn hard for it. But at the same time he was lonely. Experienced yet inexperienced. He craved love a...
19.4K 910 20
Percy is a Shadowhunter. One of the best, here at the New York Institute. He has friends, but no one too close, not after everything. He focuses on t...
96.7K 5.1K 59
☆ 𝗔 𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟𝗦 : what if the child was a teenager/YA throughout the show duration and not at season 5? After...