The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

28- And It Begins

1.4K 72 7
By megumiiseyelashes

Third Person POV

"Hey you..." Rima started off, swinging her legs over the wall with her eyes narrowed. "You're not Shiki. Who are you? I'm not going to let you go so easily..."

Rima jumped down from the wall- a beam of electricity in her hands- ready to strike. Takuma stretched out his arm, separating Rima from Senri as he gripped his sword slicing it at Rima's cheek despite his will not to. Rima clicked her tongue in annoyance, wiping the blood with her thumb.

"You're the worst... hurting a model's body like that— A surprised attack on top of that... I'm really glad that I'm a vampire at times like this, that I heal fast." Her lips turned downwards in disapproval.

Takuma had a look of apology on his face. "That wound was deep, try not to over-exert yourself Rima... Please stop, you shouldn't dirty Shiki's hands by doing this."

"Ichijo-San..." She muttered in shock.

His eyes widened. "Rima!" He wrapped his arms around Rima's waist but it didn't prevent her from being injured by Senri's blood materialised whip.

Her eyes turned into a hateful glare as her fingers touched the side of her head that was bleeding profusely. "Shiki..."

"I missed." Senri frowned twirling the bloody whip around his finger. "Maybe I'll get a better shot this time." He smirked.

"Lord Kaname..." Ruka stood with her hands clasped together as she confronted Kaname with a neutral expression on her face.

Kaname raised an eyebrow. "Ruka... why do you have an apologetic expression on your face?"

She looked down. "Because I've been a fool who only cared about her own feelings, until I'm faced with the truth." She smiled before she turned her head. "I'll be heading to the Day dorm, the scent of blood worries me and I fear that Elvia may be needing my assistance soon enough..."

"Ruka..." Ruka paused her footsteps. "I'm sorry..."

Her lips tilted upwards. "I was only dancing around on my own, please don't apologise... Kaname..."

He tilted his head, suddenly intrigued. "Why drop the regulations?"

"Because Kaname, my loyalty no longer resides to you but with Lady Elvia. She was the one who truly cared about my feelings and has been there for me, so I shall be there for her, whether I'll be used as a shield for battle or as a friend to talk to, or even if I have to be used as a sacrificial pawn, she could always rely on my fidelity towards her. Because she is my friend." Kaname's mouth parted in surprise before a real smile etched his lips.

Who would've known that a werewolf could make it's way to a vampire's heart, you truly are something Elvia... Kaname nodded taking a step back.

"I see... Then Ruka, I'll say this. Something unfair—"

"Akatsuki!" Ruka called out blatantly ignoring Kaname. Kaname stopped talking, his lips pressed together both in annoyance and amusement.

Is this how it feels to be rejected? If that's so... then it makes me feel annoyed and somewhat disheartened. His eyebrows twitched before walking away making his way to the Day Class dorm before Ruka could do so, he knew a battle was commencing therefor his assistance was needed in case things were to get a little out of hand. Either way, he knew something big was going to happen. Something that he was going to dislike a lot.

"I caught you at a good time." Ruka smiled, a blush dusting her cheeks. "It'll be dawn soon, continue guarding the Day dorms. Day class lectures are cancelled, don't let anyone leave."

"Hey Ruka..." He placed a hand on her shoulder making her tense and look at him with a tight smile. "Are you okay?"

She nodded in determination. "I want to show you a strong and responsible woman, and also..." Her eyes clouded. "The one who would bear difficult thoughts, will be her instead of me." An image of Elvia flashed through her mind before she gave Akatsuki one last glance as she rushed to the Day Dorm.

Elvia stared at Sora flabbergasted. "My— My pack?" Just then the scent of blood drifted in the air as her eyes glowed a bright red.

"Lady Via." Sora grabbed her hand bringing her out of her blood trance. "I lost a lot of people in my life time, first your Mother, then Lady Kuranomi, I can't bare having to lose you to the long term enemy of your parents. If things do get rash, be sure that I'll do everything in my power to protect you from what is to come. Please... Promise me, that..." She looked down before she looked back up with tears glistening in her eyes. "That you don't leave me! That you don't die and leave me alone in this world, you're the only one I trust and if you leave there is no purpose for me to live as well."

Elvia's eyes widened.

"H-How could you do this to me? How could you risk your life to save my own? Archer... you broke your promise, you left me! You abandoned me in this horrid world that I don't want to live in if you're not there with me! You were there for me when I needed you, you were my everything and now you're just a memory that'll haunt me for the rest of my life..."

She finally realised how Archer felt when it meant leaving her, she couldn't blame him for making such a decision. It's a game of living or to have lived. No matter what path you take, there's no loophole. Or no escape. It's either survive...

Or die.

"I won't leave you Sora, no matter what happens to me I would always be right there." She pointed towards Sora's heart. "Now lets go investigate what's happening." Elvia took off, Sora blinked rubbing away her tears as she followed after Elvia.

Elvia stopped walking reaching for her Swiss Army knife that she has always kept with her no matter where she was. She watched as Rima, a vampire she was not too close with, kneel on the ground, shaking Senri awake. She no longer sensed the dark presence coming from Senri so she assumed that Rido left his body.

"Elvia?" Ruka gasped in relief walking towards her, glad that she was alright.

Kaname wiped the blood from his wrist that he used to tempt Rido with. "Elvia, I advise you to stay hidden in the Day Dorm, where it's safe from intruders. Yuki has awakened and has been turned back to a Pureblood, yet nothing concerning has yet to happen so it's clear to assume that you're the one he's after."

"Rido spoke a lot about you..." Senri said sitting up from Rima's lap. "You've been his number one goal for all these years. I agree with Kaname, although I think you should reside somewhere far away from this Academy." The air ran cold, everyone noticed the change in temperature as Ruka stood protectively in front of Elvia, Sora doing to the same as she stood by her side.

A loud bang was all it took to create a giant crater on the walls that protected the school, not longer being able to prone away danger, rubble fell on the ground like meteorites shooting down from space. The Earth trembled in fear as the ground began to rumble with a stampede of footsteps herding towards the Academy, only for Elvia to realise that ravenous wolves that weren't her own which also bore black, soulless eyes as well as matching fur came targeting towards the vampires.

Elvia shifted midair, her eyes were filled with a mixture of red from her vampire exterior and a striking ocean blue that her wolf bore, statically charged with a killing instinct to protect her pack as well as the vampires that she has grown accustomed to. She opened her mouth tearing a chunk of flesh from a Rogue's body, causing them to whimper in pain and drop dead to the ground. Everyone looked at her in shock before fixating their attention to the real matter hand, knowing what to do as they began to attack.

"These Rogues are different... and extremely dangerous. Their teeth are laced with poison, and considering a wolf's bite is already fatal to a vampire who knows what horrors would be caused with the incased poison."

Her eyes widened as she looped through the air, narrowly dodging a bite to the ribs as she knocked Takuma sideways, tackling a wolf to the ground before decapitating the head using her sharp canines. Takuma stared at her in surprise before giving a smile of appreciation as he aided Senri in battle, who was struggling to handle two Rogues at once.

"Hey Ara... is it possible to speak into someone else's mind without them being a werewolf?" Elvia asked swiping down a Rogue that charged towards her, biting down on it's torso.

"Well, it hasn't been tried before but I assume it is possible." Elvia glanced towards Ruka before trying to reach out to her as quick as possible before another rogue decides to attack her.

"Ruka... can you hear me?" Ruka glanced at her surprise giving her a nod.

"Could you do me a favour?" She leaped through the air helping Ruka defeat the Rogue that she was battling. "You can create illusions, but I've heard it was also possible for you to trick others against each other. So is it possible to make the rogues think that their enemy is one of their own, and make them fight against each other." Ruka thought for a second before she gave a determined nod.

"I only tried this once, and it didn't turn out as good. But I've been practicing, and I believe that I should be able to do as you ask. You could count on me Lady Via." Elvia gave a grin watching as Ruka closed her eyes in concentration. Once she opened it, she was under possession of five wolves that ganged up on ten others, easily defeating them before she made them attack each other killing them off at ease.

Everyone awed at her work. Elvia's eyes widened in realisation. "I think you've helped me figure out something. These wolves have no intelligence, they'll only attack at things they see as a threat or that something that they've been ordered to attack. If you keep it at this pace, then these Rogues would grow confused as to who the real enemy is and they'll start attacking each other. Great job Ruka." Ruka blushed at the praise as she closed her eyes, continue to use her powers that decreased the amount of wolves in the area in no time.

"Rima... Takuma... Senri." The three vampires looked at me startled. "Guard Ruka, make sure nothing attacks her. If she keeps it at this pace, I'll be able to go through the breach and find out the origin of where the wolves are coming from and somehow stop it."

Sora looked at Elvia with an unwavering look, knowing exactly what she was thinking. "I'll go with you, I can be able to inform you as to what to expect and aid you in battle. How else do you think I survived these past eight hundred and fourty-two years partly on my own?" Elvia pressed her lips into a thin line aware that nothing could prevent her from not coming, she let out a defeated sigh nodding at the smaller girl.

"And yet... I'm still not use to the fact that she's around eight hundred years older than me." She shook her head before sensing the presence of not one, but two Purebloods behind her.

"I'll come as well." Yuki, who now bore longer hair and held a much more greater resemblance to Kaname, clenched her fists tightly around the activated Artemis in her hand, which she was still able to hold despite being a vampire. "After all, friends must help one another, right?"

Kaname gave a look of disapproval. "Yuki-" She raised her hand, stopping him.

Goddamnit, why can I never finish my sentences anymore. Kaname frowned.

"Brother, if you worry so much about my well-being then I insist on you coming with us. Besides, I'm sure with Elvia there no one should suffer casualties." Yuki smiled standing next to Elvia, who towered over her in her wolf form like a giant.

I guess I'm the oversized giant now. Elvia chuckled to herself.

"I am highly offended." Ara scoffed, a scowl plastered on her wolfish face.

"Do you not have any faith in my abilities to protect you?" Kaname frowned, slightly hurt by her lack of faith.

"Of course I do." She grinned making him smirk. "But it's obvious that Via's stronger." His smirk instantly dropped.

"Ouch, even I feel sorry for him." Ara cringed.

The four waited for a bit, frequently dodging a bite to the head or a scratch to the arm as the number of Rogues began to decrease, soon enough Rogues began to pile one on top of the other as Elvia took this as the time to proceed with her plan. She leaped through the air hoping the others followed closely behind her as she sliced one rogue out of her way, making her way through the huge hole on the said tough barrier that was no longer strong anymore.

They walked silently, their guards held high waiting for something to attack them whilst they were focused and positive on their abilities. Kaname on the other hand felt like a kid being forced to attend school as his bottom lip was puffed out more than his upper one, and his hands were firmly around Yuki's reassuring him that she was safe.

"Kaname, I'm not a kid. There's no need to baby me." Sora snickered behind the palm of her hand whilst Elvia's eyes held amusement.

But the amusement soon washed away when she felt a striking pain in her heart, the pain becoming much more unbearable at every step she made towards her pack territory. She let out a pained whine which made everyone stop in their steps immediately, and look at Elvia.

"The pain is too much, my suspicions are that the pain you feel is designed to nullify a werewolf's ability to be able to stay in wolf form. I'm afraid that you have to shift back..." Elvia nodded understandingly as she imagined her human form (with clothes on), swiftly shifting back. She kneeled on the ground with sweat glistening on her forehead as she pulled herself back up.

"Something forced me to shift back, so for now my wolf form is rendered useless. I have to rely on my vampire abilities but the problem is that I have no idea what I'm capable of besides sucking the blood out of people." Kaname held back a eye roll before he felt his body freeze.

"What the..." He muttered unable to move his body.

"Kaname... I can't move." Yuki grunted in frustration, unable to move her muscles as Sora too, was cemented to the spot.

Elvia glanced back the others in confusion, finding herself perfectly able to control her body. She took a step back before a familiar voice made her become more paralysed than the others.

"Haven... I'm relieved to have been reunited with you again."

-*-

A/N:

Geez, I should really stop with the cliffhangers but I just couldn't help myself. 😭😭😭the book's nearly finished, and idk y but I feel like finishing a book is letting your baby go to school for the first time. Nuuuuuuuuuuu 😣😣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 55 21
Sometimes even Vampires and the Elite need assistants, but never forget to not use your power for selfish things
7.7K 263 38
what if Rido didn't exist? what if Zero and Kaname only liked Yuki as a sisterly figure? What if Yuki was in love with a girl ( her best friend)? Me...
153K 4.3K 52
Resha Valentine, born as the strongest of them all, born to fall in love with Kaname Kuran since they're inseparable since they were young, people sa...
2.2K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...