The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

23- Winter Formal: Part 1

2.1K 90 14
By megumiiseyelashes

"A few more minutes Mai, can you put butter on my toast? I hate jam..." I grumbled into my pillow, my left leg was hanging over the edge of the bed whilst my hands were splattered across the mattress.

"I don't know who 'Mai' is, but can you get your ass out of bed? You still need to prepare a few things for the winter formal tonight and it's already three PM." I groan throwing a pillow at the source of noise.

"Who gives a shit? Just tell Yuki or someone else to do it." I moan in annoyance tugging the blanket over my cold body.

"You signed up for this damn job so you're going to complete it." I screech in protest as the covers were ripped from my body, exposing my skin to the cold weather.

"The light! It burns!" I shriek covering my eyes.

"The curtains are closed and there's no sun outside." Sora deadpans forcing me up, for someone with the arms of a ten year old she sure is... strong. "Get ready and meet me outside the Night dorm, I don't wanna go in a room filled with a bunch of smelly vampires by myself. They stink of shit, and that ain't a pleasant smell." Sora cringes before walking out the room slamming the door closed.

I chuckle getting up. It turns out last night hasn't gone as planned, meeting up at the Headmaster's place with Yuki and Zero was long forgotten since I fell asleep by accident and missed the whole thing, and also for some reason I felt the need to stay in bed considering the scent of a new student caught me off guard. It was definitely a vampire, but the scent didn't resemble most vampires, instead it mimicked more of the Kuran's pureblood scent than anything else.

I got changed into black leggings and an oversized grey hoodie considering I wasn't going to classes so uniform wasn't needed. A yawn escaped my lips as I trudged down the hallways running my fingers through my white knotted hair before deciding that a messy bun would make do for now.

"You look like you've got run over by a truck." Sora stated bluntly.

I shrug another yawn escaping my lips. "Don't care, lets get this over with." I take a few steps before stopping. "What exactly are we getting over with?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

Sora shrugs following closely besides me looking around cautiously. "Inspection of the completed ball, Callie bought some fairy lights that matched the whole 'we can wear whatever we want' theme we have going on." I nod finding myself growing nervous, I haven't seen Ruka or Takuma yet. I wonder what their reactions would be once they've seen me, would they be disgusted? Shocked? Happy?

I paused when I realised that Sora stopped walking, looking dazedly at the doors of the Night campus with the same clouded expression she had back at the Knight manor in her eyes. She blinked rapidly before her eyes widened slightly. "Be aware of the new silver-headed chick, I'm getting a bad vibe from her."

I grin. "What did the 'Oh-great psychic-ness' foresee would happen this time?"

She bit her lip nervously. "It wasn't as clear as the visions I usually get. She has some sort of connection with Zero, and there was this other boy who resembled a lot like Zero as well. And I also saw Kaname... killing the new girl." My eyes widen, despite my fatigue I guess I have to keep a close eye on the new girl.

Abruptly, I stumble a few steps backwards as a girl practically shoved in my shoulder with brute force, I narrow my eyes about to open my mouth when I stared suspiciously at the girl with eyes that cloned Zero's, and hair that parted with a side bun and bangs.

"Oops, I'm so sorry. I never meant to bump into you, um... do you happen to know where the Night Class dorms are?" I stared at the girl's eyes that hinted something familiar, before looking at her as if she was stupid.

"You're standing right in front of it dumbass-" I quickly cover Sora's mouth with my hands muffling the rest of her sentence.

I laugh sheepishly. "Yeah... it's right behind you. You don't happen to be the new night class student, are you?" She giggles in embarrassment.

"I'm so stupid, of course it's right behind me." Sora and I sweat drop. "And yes, I am a new student, my name is Maria and you are...?"

I was about to reply with my name before Sora cut me off. "-Penelope. Her name is Penelope, it's strange really... little Penelope here has this condition called I-am-stupid-olopis syndrome, it means that she forgets things really easily such as her name, yeah... it's sad when she utters a completely different name to her own." Sora looks at the imaginary watch on her wrist. "Oh! Well you look at that, we have to go now. I hope we never see you- I mean it was nice meeting you Michelle, ta ta!" She shoves me towards the the campus entrance, slamming the door closed once we entered in.

"What the hell was that? I-am-stupid-olopis syndrome? Really? And why Penelope? Why not something like Vanessa or Cassandra? Or even Emily?!" I complained, I always wanted to be called Emily...

Sora glared at me. "Don't trust people too easily, you're an Alpha for God's sake! Act like one." I pout crossing my arms. "Besides, I sense evil coming from her. And you never give the villain your name even though they probably already know it." I roll my eyes, before someone coughed grabbing our attention.

"Am I interrupting something?" A wide grin broke out onto my face before I charged towards the the voice that I know and love, engulfing the person into a bear hug.

"Ruka!" I exclaim making her stumble a few steps backwards with my weight. Geez, I'm not that fat am I?

"I didn't think you would be that happy to see me especially after you pounced at me with your paws." She raised a brow with a small smirk.

I look down sadly. "I know I sound stupid, but I'm sorry for going all 'she-wolf' on you and lose control, I should've been more careful to not hurt someone who I care about." She suddenly bursts out laughing making me look at her confused.

"Since when do you apologise? Have you gone soft by being away from me for too long?"
She teased with a smile.

"So you're not mad at me?" I asked with a hopeful look.

"Well duh." She rolls her eyes. "You have no reason to feel like anything's your fault, hell you didn't even know you were a werewolf so you had no control or knowledge on what to do. Enough of that, so why do you look like you got pushed off a cliff and fell into a bush filled with thorns and mud?" She poked my hair with her finger as I slapped her hand away.

"Leave me alone, I wasn't bothered to get up." I mumble with a frown.

"Sure..." She snorts. "So, what dress are you wearing to the ball?" I froze.

"Dress?" I blinked.

"Yeah..." She placed her hands on my shoulder. "A dress, the thing that covers your body from going nude to the ball." I let out a frustrated groan, all this stress building up over the ball and over the fact that I am now an Alpha werewolf slash vampire made me forget the most simplest of things. I might as well take up the suggestion and arrive at the ball in my birthday suit, it's not like I'm insecure of how I look anyway.

I shrug. "I'll just pull out some dress that I brought with me, don't ask why I even have it."

"For an Alpha, you sure are forgetful. Though you and Lord Kaname are of the same status, perhaps even higher, you sure are nothing like him. He's so... induced in his nobility whereas you most likely originated from a wealthy family with fulled blooded supernatural genes, yet you're so genuine and casual, I feel as though I can pour my heart out whilst doing cartwheels in front of you. And I admire you for not being like him Elvia..." Ruka smiles softly.

I looked at her surprised. And to think she would be one of the Kuran's loyal followers. "Don't you have a crush on that Giant or something?" I blurt.

"My feelings have diminished, to be truthful I doubt Lord Kaname cares about our well-being, it's like a game to him and we're his little puppets he could play around with. If anything, I'd much rather serve under a werewolf such as yourself than pledge loyalty to that of my own kind. I guess vampires can really get along with werewolves, and you made me realise that Elvia. So I thank you." She bows making me sweat nervously, I felt like I've done absolutely nothing to deserve all these people who practically worship me and are loyal to me.

I'm just some fucked up, shit-head who has not single clue as to what's going on.

Ruka is right, peace seems like a nice change that feels too good to be true. I'd like to live in a world where humans neither slaughter their own kind, werewolf and vampires get along, and humans get along nor fear the mere existence of our kinds. We can all live equally, abide to the same laws that join us together instead of attending a confined school that segregate species between species. I guess my dream is to experience that happening considering I know the horrors of the darkness that lurks within our sick minds.

"I have to go run a few errands before getting ready for the ball, if you like you can come to my dorm and we can get ready together?" I shook my head declining.

I smile. "It's okay, I'll probably arrive fashionably late since I'm debating on actually making myself look presentable for the first time in my life." She laughs before waving, walking away down the hallways.

"And here I thought that all bloodsuc- vampires, were heartless- pun intended. Milady, do you truly believe that peace exists?" Sora asks tilting her head.

I shrug ruffling her hair. "Even if it did it's not up to me to decide, besides what can I do to  create world peace when there's millions of people out there who most definitely disagree with my crazed ideas?"

"Peace is non-existence. However, the purpose of this school is to showcase to the world that vampires and humans can co-exist." I groan inwardly, that stupid man-thing always manages to appear out of nowhere especially when he is unneeded.

"Yes I am aware of that." I said sharply, narrowing my eyes. "But what's the point of living in a co-existing school when the humans are completely oblivious to the vampires next door?" Sensing my challenging pose the Kuran straightened up, his sharp features somehow becoming more lanceolate and well-defined.

"The humans would cower away once they find out they're living with a bunch of predators that feast on what they hold closely." The Kuran spat hatefully.

"Well that's the whole point, humans shouldn't be fearful of others like you and I and instead live normally knowing the fact that they're safe from people that aren't going to harm them." I reasoned with a glare, ignoring Sora who was staring between the two of us heatedly arguing.

"And how are you so sure that everyone is willing to agree with such regulation, not everyone is keen on the idea of peace. Even some people live on harming others as if it's some second nature. Your worthless words shall do nothing but prod them further into what we call hatred and warfare." I gritted my teeth staring at the Kuran hatefully before realising that if I don't abide to my own words then how do I expect everyone else to do the same?

I despise the guts of the Kuran, not because of the fact he is a vampire but because he is abusing his power slyly and being manipulative in order to achieve his goals, I could not expect him to change his ways if I don't do anything to change them myself. I can not wait for people to magically pay heed to my words if all I'm doing there is standing there like a doll blurting continuous phrases until my battery runs out.

"You're right." Sora looks at me gaping whilst the Kuran stares at me sceptically wondering 'what drug did she take?'. "Not everyone is the same, but it doesn't mean they have to be. Where there shall be peace, always be a never-ending loop of dispute and conflict, a spark of hatred ignites in everyone's hearts including mine. But what is this cause for hatred? It's simple really." I look at him, gazing deeply into his eyes. "Power. A thing that everyone craves for, I can't speak for myself considering I haven't had the need to use power to have control over things, but I'm shameful to admit that I have been caught in it's affairs for which I have been deeply wounded. But I have learned now that wounds heal over time, meaning that the whole need for power could be forgotten over time as well."

I smile. "In all honesty, I'm deeply grateful to you for opening my eyes, and for making me realise what I truly desire. My dream is to create peace amongst people, and my first step in doing so is to apologise. So, I'm sorry if any of my actions or words offended you Kaname." His eyes widened as his name uttered from my lips. I, myself was even surprised at how collected I was handling this situation. Am I finally...

Growing up?

Nah, that shit ain't real. There's no way me- an immature narwhal whose voice cracks like a cat choking on a fish whilst a cow is nibbling on it's tail- could ever grow up to become a fully-fledged adult.

"—And I'm not really sorry to interrupt. Considering you have forgotten our real reason to be here- how about I could remind you?" I groaned in pain when Sora jumped up and pounded her fist into my head. Geez, violent woman. "Stop talking all sophisticated and shit and hurry up with examining the ball room so that it doesn't look like that bad when the students arrive!" She shakes my shoulders shouting.

I roll my eyes. "I guess I'll see you at the ball then." I gave the Kuran a last glance before turning my heel towards the direction of the ball which was considerably a large amount of distance, but we made it there in once piece.

We pushed open the doors that were thrice my size and entered the Victorian styled ballroom- that of which a bit of magic, transformed into an highly, presentable wintry themed hall that took 'mysterious' to a whole 'nother level. A fake moon was place in the centre of the room which creepily resembled a lot like the real one with it's occult glow and fog that slithered around the tail of the rock, radiating some sort of formulated ambiguity.

Around it was like some sort of garden carriage, with vines bellowing down the painted wood and rose petals dancing across the stone floors that led towards the tables, filled with vases of flowers and trees. The dance floor where a formal ball dance has been arranged was spaced out amazingly, surprising me at the amount of space there was in the ballroom.

"Did we take a wrong turn outside? I think the ballroom's is through the other door, though I could've sworn it was day..." Sora mutters staring wide eyed at the scenery.

I smiled proudly. "This is the ballroom, everyone did a great job at composing a new and unique theme for this year's winter formal. I have a feeling that we'll have a great time here..." I say totally dodging the fact that my insides were tugging my thoughts towards the opposite direction, something was definitely going to happen. Something bad, and I have a hunch that it's got something to do with the Night Class' new student.

"You don't seem so sure of that..." Sora smiles wryly.

I shrug lopsidedly smiling. "Well-"

"Alpha!" Callie barges in frantically along with Mina, Leona and Malachi who all looked off the edge. "Three vampires attacked four of our wolves, three of which had not survive and one who was left brutally injured and scarred." My heart felt like it stopped beating, why did I feel so scared and sorrowful? Is it because I'm an Alpha and I feel whatever emotion my pack members feels? Is it because of the bond we all share together?

"Level-Es?" I asked hoping that it wasn't who I thought it would be.

Callie looked down with a frown. "No... Night class."

-*-

A/N:

Don't you just love cliffhangers?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 591 22
How can a creature have all the known characteristics of a species but still be another species? That is the number 1 question regarding (Y/n) (L/n)...
3K 67 14
✙ Katerina Kane, a local witch belonging to a small coven, gets called upon to a mysterious academy; Cross Academy. What happens when she gets entang...
91.4K 2.8K 112
*Part 1* As a model, Ichika Hirawa can only attend the Night Class to get her Ph.D. When Hanabusa and Akatsuki realize that Kaname shows interest in...
22.2K 905 52
"Are you lost little girl........i want your blood" the vampire then pushed my sister and went to attack her. she screamed "noo don't". she was so l...