Warriors #4: Darkness Awakens

By warriorcatlover345

ThunderClan has lived moons in peace. The water is plentiful and the cats are strong. But, with the Dark Fore... More

Before You Read...
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Author's Note
New Book!

Chapter 3

931 37 157
By warriorcatlover345

Goldenshine's POV

Hearing the complaining mews of Swiftkit all the time, I didn't think anything of it when I heard a weak whimper of a kit come from the entrance.

I didn't leave the nursery until I saw Daisy get up and practically leap out of the den. I signaled Swiftkit to follow me and the I left the den.

Swiftkit was the kit that I had given birth to a few moons ago. I am not proud to say that father of Swiftkit is Breezepelt of WindClan. I gave birth to Swiftkit right after a gathering with Breezepelt by my side, but we had to end things soon after at the urging of Firestar.

Firestar, along with my parents, know who Swiftkit's father is. Everyone else in the Clan thinks it is Mousewhisker, who is a close friend.

Many cats were gathered around in the center of camp. The three kittypet newcomers were off to the side, observing the big crowd.

In the center of the mob I could just barely see the bright orange of Squirrelflight's head.

I tried to squeeze my way through the crowd to see what was going on. I kept hearing the weak meows. Swiftkit was behind me, but it sounded nothing like him.

I arrived to stand in front of Squirrelflight to see her comforting something that was lying in front of her.

I looked down to see that a kit was at Squirrelflight's feet. It was rolling back and forth and continuing to meow.

I looked up at Squirrelflight with wide eyes, and then I looked and Brambleclaw, and then I turned back to her.

"Well, that was fast!" I exclaimed.

Squirrelflight rolled her eyes. "It isn't mine, mousebrain!" she meowed,"I just found this little furball in the forest in a bush!"

I ignored her harsh tone and observed the kit.

Its face wasn't towards me, so I couldn't see exactly what it looked like, but it was a dusty white and gray with soft and fluffy fur. I would guess it was about a moon old.

It seemed like a perfectly healthy and normal kit to me, until the kit turned and I could see its face. I was frozen in my place, and my claws sank into the earth.

Something looked so terrifyingly familiar about this kit, and I couldn't figure out why. All I knew was that it was freaking me out. It was something about its face shape or its piercing blue eyes.

I backed away from the crowd, and turned around to see Lilypetal, my mother, watching me leave the group of cats.

She observed my shocked expression and tilted her head. She almost reflected my same expression.

"Do you see it too?" she asked out of nowhere.

I turned my head towards where the kit was and then back to her. "What do you mean?"

Lilypetal stepped up closer to me. "You saw the kit, didn't you?" she asked,"Who do you think it looks like?"

Before I could answer, a yowl came from the Highledge.

I turned to see Firestar standing on the Highledge. Everyone else turned towards him.

He spoke as soon as everyone was quiet. "What is going on here?" he beamed.

Squirrelflight picked up the white fluff and stepped forward. Firestar's eyes widened as it came into his sight.

"We found her in the forest," Cloudtail began.

"The poor thing was in a bush, mewling away," Brightheart continued.

"What should we do?" Brambleclaw asked, looking down at the kit in Squirrelflight's mouth.

Firestar thought for a moment.

"I think we should take it in," he decided. Surprisingly, there were no protests.

Firestar began to scan the camp. "Who is going to take care of it?" he asked, half to himself.

"I would gladly take it in," a soft voice said from the back of the crowd.

It turned out to be Poppyfrost, who was standing in front of the nursery with her two kits, Cherrykit and Molekit.

Everyone then turned to Firestar to see what he'd say.

"If you can handle another mouth to feed, Poppyfrost, then you can take this kit," he responded.

Squirrelflight walked over to Poppyfrost, and gently placed the new kit in front of Cherrykit and Molekit.

The new kit just stared, and seemed to want to back away. She looked very shy.

Suddenly, I saw the little kit's eyes light up, and I looked up to see that Swiftkit had emerged from behind me and walked up to her.

Swiftkit stopped to stand in front of her, and he gave her a smile. He found a small clump of moss that was on the ground, and he pawed it to her

The kit pawed it back, and soon it developed into a game of mossball between the two of them. Cherrykit and Molekit joined in soon after.

"Well, it seems like she'll fit in just fine," I commented to Poppyfrost.

Poppyfrost nodded, watching the kits play together. "I sure hope so, she's definitely on the shyer side."

I nodded in agreement, and suddenly I heard fast and heavy footsteps come from behind me, and I turned to see Jayfeather approaching me.

He put his muzzle up to my ear. "I need to talk to you!" he hissed.

I looked at him wide-eyed, wondering what his deal was, but I followed him into the medicine den.

When I crawled through the entrance, I saw that Jayfeather was pacing and muttering to himself.

"What is your problem?" I asked, shocked at how he was acting, but not really.

He finally stopped pacing and turned to face me.

"That kit!" he exclaimed.

"What about it?" I questioned him.

Jayfeather walked up closer to me and asked the same question Lilypetal had asked before, but a little meaner,"You mousebrain! Don't you see it?"

He began pacing again,"The light and long fur, the pale blue eyes?"

"How do you know what it looks like?" I asked, titling my head.

Jayfeather stopped pacing again and shot his head towards me.

"All it takes is asking for a description, Goldenshine!"

"Why would you need it though?" I asked him hesitantly, worried he would get angrier with me asking another question.

He stopped pacing again and took a deep breath.

"Because, as soon as I got close to that kit, I felt something."

I took a few steps back and shook my head,"Whoa, Jayfeather, age difference!"

Jayfeather sighed again and gave me a look to let me know that this was serious. So I stayed quiet.

He continued,"I felt something so familiar from that kit. I don't even know how to describe it. It gave me such a feeling of warmth, yet it sent a chill down my spine."

I nodded, listening to his description.

He shook his head slowly. "My heart began beating so fast, and as soon as I stood in front of that kit, it almost felt like there was this presence, and I almost felt something rub against my flank and lick my ear."

"Jayfeather, what are you saying?" I asked, maybe knowing what he was trying to say.

Jayfeather was silent for a few heartbeats, and then he looked at me again with his blind blue eyes.

"Goldenshine, do you remember when Snowflight came to us in a dream, and she told us that she would be back soon?"

I nodded and simply answered,"Yeah?"

Not too long after my sister, Snowflight, was killed by the horrible Ashfur, she came to Jayfeather, Thornclaw, my father, Lilypetal, and me in a dream. She gave all of us a final goodbye.

The last thing she had told us was that she was coming back soon, and none of us had no idea what she had meant by that.

But now, it was all beginning to come together.

I stood there in that medicine den in shock, just beginning to process everything.

Jayfeather watched me as I was trying to think.

"You idiot! Don't you see? That kit is a reincarnate of Snowflight!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 42.7K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...