Goodluck ; Meanie

By gochii_

In which Jeon Wonwoo is truly, madly, deeply, in love with the ever studious Kim Mingyu. More

Adore U
Mansae
Pretty U
Boom Boom
Don't Wanna Cry
Without You
Epilogue: Clap
Thanks [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Aju Nice

688 18 0
By gochii_

° Today's weather resembles you a lot
The way to you becomes flowery
If I can catch a glimpse of your elusive heart
My whole body is itching and beating,
What is this sensation, what do I do,°

"Mingyu, do you know what day is tomorrow?" Wonwoo asked while Mingyu is cooking. Mingyu took a quick peak at the calendar by the door then answered his question. "May 10, why?" Mingyu questioned back. Wonwoo didn't answer but instead, he walked towards Mingyu and hugged him from behind. "Let's go on a date tomorrow." Wonwoo said, resting his head on Mingyu's shoulder. Mingyu let out a small chuckle then said, "we always go on dates." "Tomorrow will be a special one." Wonwoo replied. Mingyu gave him a confused look, asking Wonwoo on why is it so special. "For a smart guy like you, you sure don't remember dates very well." Wonwoo stated. Mingyu tried to recall every dates that he could think of. It wasn't his birthday and their anniversary is not until September. Mingyu continued cooking as he tried to recall something that he might possibly forget. "Lucky you, I remembered it." Wonwoo said, latching off the younger to his sides. He watch Mingyu cook as he leaned by the counter.

"Tomorrow counts as a year since we first met." Wonwoo finally said. "How could you possibly remember that?" Mingyu asked after letting out a sigh that he wasn't forgetting anything very important. "I have my ways. So, we'll go on a date tomorrow okay?" Mingyu answered to which Mingyu just nod. After that, Wonwoo waited for Mingyu by the table.

Wonwoo just got home from Mingyu's place. He hurriedly went to his laptop and started searching for nice places. Wonwoo wanted something fancy for a change. Their dates have always been eating at fast foods, going to cafes, and staying at home. He wanted something new since it is the anniversary of when they first met. The first thing that Wonwoo did was to reserve at a fancy restaurant that serves some of the greatest korean dish in Seoul. He made a reservation for 2 at 6:00pm. Though the restaurant was a bit pricey, Wonwoo thought that it wouldn't be bad to spend good money on Mingyu. Wonwoo somehow got lazy after doing their reservation so he decided to take a shower before hitting the bed. He took out his phone and searched for great places for a date. He ended up drifting to sleep before he can even say good night to Mingyu.

Wonwoo woke up earlier than his alarm. It was a first for him but then he remembered his date for today. He got up quickly and prepared himself for their date.

Wonwoo
8:07am
Good morning ♡

Mingyu
8:10am
You're up early

Wonwoo
8:12am
That's because we have a date

Mingyu
8:13am
Ugghh don't remind me

Wonwoo
8:14am
:<

Mingyu
8:17am
I'm just kidding haha I can't wait
for later

Wonwoo
8:19am
Yeah yeah me too
I'll meet you later. Dress nice okay?

Mingyu
8:21am
Okay see you too

Wonwoo laid out his outfit for today. He wears a fancy striped polo with slacks and some black shoes.

On the other hand, Mingyu wasn't sure on what to wear. He doesn't know anything about their dates so he's not sure if he should dress fancy or not. He ended up choosing a long sleeve polo with black pants paired with black shoes.

It was already around 2pm when both are ready to go. Wonwoo fetch Mingyu from his place. "You look nice." Wonwoo complimented as he saw Mingyu. Mingyu blushed a little at what he said but was still able to reply, "You're not so bad yourself, Wonwoo." Soon, they were of to the streets walking to a place that only Wonwoo knew. Mingyu once mentioned to Wonwoo that he wanted to visit the aquarium park but he can't because he has nobody to go with him. Wonwoo figured that it will be nice to visit the aquarium park today.

"Where are we going?" Mingyu keeps on asking as they walked. "We're almost there, I promise." Mingyu answered.

When they stopped at the aquarium park, Mingyu was shocked at the sign by the entrance.

'Close due to an inspection.
We are hoping for your kind consideration'

Mingyu took notice of Wonwoo reaction. He realized that Wonwoo wanted to bring him to the aquarium park but it was closed.

"I didn't know it would be close today." Wonwoo murmured to himself. "I'm so sorry Wonwoo. I really wanted to bring you here since you've been wanting it so badly but I didn't know it will be close today." Wonwoo explained with a dishearted look. Mingyu just give of a smile while telling him that it's okay.

"I don't really have other plans but if you want, we can go visit the pond by the park and watch the fishes." Wonwoo suggested. "Sure, let's go." Mingyu replied. They hailed a cab to go to the park sincethey were both too lazy to walk.

The cab ride was silent but only because the driver is playing soft music that could easily put the two in a deep nap. Once they arrived, Wonwoo has to wake Mingyu up who is leaning by his shoulder. They got of the cab and was greeted by the grey clouds.

"Hmm, not as sunny as I thought." Wonwoo murmured. It did, however, still caught the attention of Mingyu. "Seriously Wonwoo, stop worrying about today and let's just enjoy it. It is sort of our anniversary today after all." Mingyu assured bringing a huge smile on Wonwoo's face. They walked towards the pond where only a few people were in. It wasn't as crowded as it used to be, probably because of the unpredictable weather. The weather didn't falter the joy in Mingyu's face when he saw some fishes in the pond. He ran to the fence, adoring every fish he sees. Wonwoo finds him childish but extremely cute.

"I like that one." Mingyu shared to Wonwoo, pointing at a particular fish. Wonwoo was confused because all of the fishes almost look the same. "Uhh, which one?" Mingyu asked that earned a small chuckle from Mingyu. "The small one right there." Mingyu explained while pointing at the far corner of the small pond. Still, Wonwo didn't see it but just nod his head in agreement. What matters is that Mingyu is happy.

"Hey, i'll be right back." Wonwoo said after a while. He went to a store that sells bread, hoping they could feed the ducks. He also bought some ice cream for them even though the wind is kinda chilly. The only thing Mingyu and Wonwoo love the most is ice cream and whether if it's in a hot or cold weather, they're bound to eat ice cream.

Wonwoo returned to the pond only to see Mingyu on the bench talking with an old lady. When Mingyu spotted him, he excused himself and hurriedly ran to Wonwoo, feeling giddy because of the ice cream in Wonwoo's hands.

"You bought ice cream!" Mingyu exclaimed when he reached the older. Wonwoo extended his arm to give him the ice cream but a kid dashed past them, bumping into Mingyu in the back, causing him to drop one of the ice cream in Mingyu's shoes. Wonwoo was ready to fight the kid who bumped him but Mingyu stopped him. "Are you seriously gonna fight a kid?" Mingyu chuckled. He bent down and took the tissue that came with the ice cream to wipe it off. Wonwoo helped the younger in cleaning his shoes while he hold on to the other ice cream. "This is new." Mingyu murmured to himself but Wonwoo heard it. He felt bad and terrible because this day keeps getting worse. He didn't know what to do so he stopped Mingyu from what he's doing, handed him the ice cream, and cleaned Mingyu's shoe himself. "I can clean it myself, you know." Mingyu said while starring at Wonwoo. "It's the least I can do." Wonwoo shrugged. Once everything is done, they took a seat by the bench.

"You can have the ice cream, I know you want it so bad." Wonwoo said, referring to the ice cream in Mingyu's hand. "Or we could share it." Mingyu suggested. Before Wonwoo could even agree, Mingyu already fed Wonwoo with some ice cream. They ended up feeding each other and having a great time.

"What are those bread for?" Mingyu asked as he noticed the bread in the plastic bag. "For the ducks. Maybe we could feed them." Wonwoo once saw a bunch of old ladies feeding the ducks on television when he was young so he wanted to try it himself.

"Wonwoo, you do realize that there is no duck in this park, right?" Mingyu said, feeling sad to crush his boyfriend's childhood dream. Wonwoo was once again dissappointed when he heard it. All he wanted was to feed the ducks but he can't even do it. Wonwoo let out a sigh before hiding the bread to his side. "I wasn't really aware." Wonwoo answered while scratching the back of his head. "Awww, little Wonwoo can't feed the ducks." Mingyu teased in a sing song tone. Mingyu even went far and did a fake cry. Wonwoo just laughed it off seeing that Mingyu's aegyo couldn't really get him mad. "Let's stay here for a while." Mingyu said, leaning on Wonwoo's shoulder.

"Mingyu?" Wonwoo asked, breaking the small silence. "Hmm?" Mingyu replied. "What if you didn't visit the store and slammed the book to wake me? What could've happened?" Wonwoo questioned. "I don't know." Mingyu simply answered. "What I do know is that i'm bound to meet you, and maybe fall in love with you too." Mingyu added making Wonwoo blush. "Are you some sort of wizard that can predict those things?" Wonwoo joked. Mingyu let out a small laugh before replying, "No. But I can feel it. I don't have to be a wizard or some witch to feel those things." Wonwoo couldn't get any better. Mingyu's word left him all fuzzy inside. He feels so good that he finally has someone like Mingyu by his side. He didn't know what he will do if he never met Mingyu. His life is complete now that he has him. "I love you, you know that, right?" Wonwoo blurted. Mingyu lift his head and stared at Wonwoo before saying, "I know, you silly. I love you too." Both of them were a smiling mess, finally happy to be in each other's arm. They shared a quick kiss before going into a different topic.

Wonwoo didn't realize how long they were chatting, not until he took a glance at his clock only to see that it was already 5:45 pm. He suddenly remembered the reservation he made at 6:00, causing him to jolt up from his seat, shocking the younger.

"We need to go." Wonwoo said, dragging Mingyu along as he ran. "Where are we going?" Migyu asked as he forced Wonwoo to stop running. "I made a reservation at this restaurant at 6pm and if we don't run now, we'll be late." So they run towards the sidewalk where they wait for a cab. And as if the world is playing a joke on him, no cab stopped for them. He check the time and there's only 5 minutes left. Wonwoo panicked, thinking he can't get this one to mess up. Mingyu is worried since Wonwoo has been fidgeting while waiting for a cab. He tried to remind him to calm down but it wasn't working. So instead, Mingyu texted Jun to give them a ride. Jun was reluctlant but when Mingyu explained their current situation, he gave in.

Jun picked them up at 6pm. Both were seated at the back and Wonwoo can't help but to let out an exasperated sigh. He fucked up this one too. "I'm sorry Wonwoo. God, I feel horrible. I wanted to make this the perfect date but I messed it all up. Now we're late for our reservation because of me." Wonwoo explained, not looking at Mingyu because he's emberassed. "Hey, it's not your fault. We got carried away. There are still many dates where we can go to a fancy restaurant. Maybe not this time." Mingyu assured. As if on cue, the restaurant texted Wonwoo about his reservation.

Seoulite Restaurant
6:11pm
Good evening Mr. Jeon. We are sorry to inform you that your reservation was cancelled because you weren't able to present yourself on time. Due to demands, we have given your reservation to someone else.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for choosing Seoulite Restaurant.

It seems like Wonwoo's bad luck never ends. He showed the text to Mingyu but he didn't mind them and instead, he held Wonwoo's hand and told him that it's okay.

"I'm still here, you know." Jun interrupted causing the two to break into a laughter. "So are we still going to that restaurant?" Jun asked. "I don't think so." Mingyu replied. "If you want, you guys can join us. I'm picking Minghao up from his dance class and we're heading to this new chicken place." Jun invited, turning a left to Minghao's school. The couple agreed to Jun's proposal, thinking that chicken is just as good as the foods in a fancy restaurant.

"Hey guys!" Minghao greeted once he was in the car. Jun explained what happened. "Why are you guys even going on a fancy date? You guys never do that." Minghao asked. "It's been a year since we first met." Wonwoo explained. "That was today? Time flies by quick." Minghao said. "Now that I think of it, if it weren't for me, you guys wouldn't be meeting at all. I believe you guys owe me something." Minghao said with a smug look but the guys just laughed it off. "You wish. It was fate that brought us together, not you." Mingyu explained while sticking his tongue out after. The two boys in the front let out a loud eeww while the couple in the back just shrugged. "You guys are gross." Jun retorted. "But you love us." Mingyu replied.

They arrived at the chicken place 10 minutes later. They ordered their food before getting into a new conversation.

"Hey Mingyu, Is your training at Seoul University pushing through?" Minghao asked once everyone got situated in their seats. "Ugghh don't even ask. I'll be busy next week for the upcoming training and yep, we'll be volunteering in Seoul Hospital this time." Mingyu explained. Wonwoo never heard that news before. Wonwoo expects Mingyu to tell him everything that's going on now that they're together. Wonwoo figured that it's how relationship work. He's quite pissed that he has to hear it from someone else. "You never told me that," Wonwoo interrupted, silencing everyone. "I didn't? I must've forgot." Mingyu replied with a smile. "Oh, okay." Wonwoo simply said. He knew better that it's not the right time to fight specially since they're with Jun and Mighao and it's sort of their anniversary. So as much as Wonwoo would like to talk about it, he would just have to hold it until they reach home.

The food arrived shortly after, earning a happy cheer from everyone but Wonwoo. Wonwoo can't bring himself to be cheery specially since there's somethig bothering him. They eat silently, something that the group is used to. They always eat without talking to each other, just letting themselves enjoy the food. Once everyone was finished with their food, Jun wanted to order some beer and fries to celebrate the anniversary of the couple and to have fun before Mingyu goes ballshit busy again. Everyone agreed on the idea, thinking that they would only have a few sip.

"To Mingyu and Wonwoo!" Minghao announced as he raised his glass. He was then followed by Jun, "To Mingyu and Wonwoo!" He repeated. The four toast their glass before chugging on it. Everyone let out a happy sigh as they feel the alcohol run down their throat.

"Oh that's so good." Mingyu exclaimed. They had fun drinking while talking to each other about almost everything. What the others don't realize is that Wonwoo is drinking more than he's used to. He doesn't want to get drunk but he felt like drinking is good at the moment. Nobody is stopping him anyways. Not that he's boyfriend would notice him, he's too busy talking with them anyways, Wonwoo thought.

After a few drinks, the guys felt the tension in the air when Wonwoo isn't joining their conversation. Jun was the first to notice so he told Minghao about it. Mingyu quite of noticed it, slipping a few glance to his almost drunk boyfriend.

"Hey guys! We have to go. Minghao has some homework due tomorrow. We'll go ahead okay?" Jun said. Both Mingyu and Wonwoo gave them a thumbs up. The couple left, not without congratulating them on their 1 year. Once they were gone, Mingyu took Wonwoo's shot glass away from him. "Hey! I was about to drink that!" Wonwoo exclaimed as he tried to reach for the glass. "Not until you tell me what's wrong." Mingyu insisted. "It's nothing, really." Wonwoo answered in a hushed tone. "Let's go home." Mingyu said, earning a nod from his drunk boyfriend. Mingyu paid their bill before assisting Wonwoo out the door.

"Geez, why did you have to drink so much." Mingyu said as they walk by the sidewalk. The chicken place is near their place so it would be expensive to hail a cab. Instead, Mingyu decided to just hold on a little longer and walk Wonwoo home.

They were halfway to Mingyu's place when it started raining heavily. They didn't bring any umbrella so the two were forced to run towards their apartment. Even Wonwoo, who is a bit tipsy, was surprised by the rain that he has to drag Mingyu.

"Are you sober now?" Mingyu asked jokingly as they reached the door of Wonwoo's apartment. "A bit." Wonwoo said shyly. They entered the place wherein Wonwoo immediately grabbed two towels to dry them off.

"It's raining outside and it's pretty late. You should stay for the night." Wonwoo adviced to which Mingyu agreed to it. Mingyu showered first, lucky that he has some extra clothes stashed in Wonwoo's cabinet. When Mingyu is done, Wonwoo followed after, taking longer than usual, probably because of his drunken state of mind. When he was done, they both situated themselves in Wonwoo's bed.

"Why did you drink so much?" Mingyu questioned as he cuddled into Wonwoo. "It was nothing, really." Wonwoo replied as he stroke Mingyu's hair lovingly. "Tell me what's wrong." Mingyu said, glancing up to see his boyfriend's face.

"I'm not doing a great job at being your boyfriend, am I?" Wonwoo asked, letting out a sad sigh. Mingyu was shocked at what Wonwoo said. He never imagine Wonwoo having those kind of thoughts. "What are you saying? You're the best boyfriend ever." Mingyu replied with a chuckle, massaging Wonwoo's other hand.

"I mean our date is a mess today. We didn't go to the aquarium park, I spilled ice cream all over your new shoes, we didn't get to feed the ducks," Wonwoo let out a sigh. "I've always wanted to feed the ducks." Wonwoo said in a sad tone that makes Mingyu smile a little. Wonwoo is cute when he's drunk. "Should I go on?" Wonwoo asked. Mingyu nodded, letting him talk for as long as he like. Mingyu is incredibly talkative when drunk. "We were even late for our reservation. Do you know how hard it is to get those at the very last minute?" Wonwoo shooked his head. "Exactly. And I can't even bring you to the restaurant on time so we both ended up eating chicken. I didn't even knew that you'll be training in one of the greatest hospital in Seoul. Did I forgot to mention how talented you are? I bet those doctors are dying to see how you do on surgery." There goes Wonwoo and his drunk compliments again, Mingyu thought. "And gosh, you were so beautiful today but I let you get drenched in the rain. Can I get any worse?" Wonwoo finished. Wonwoo is at verge of crying thinking how today is supposed to be special but it ended up being a hot mess. Not to mention that the day ended with Wonwoo being drunk.

"Are you done now?" Mingyu asked Wonwoo to which he nodded sheepishly. "Now let me tell you how you're not the worst boyfriend ever." Wonwoo started. "Even though we weren't able to go to the aquarium park, I was still able to see the fish in the park pond. We realized in the park how we're so lucky to have each other and don't even get me started on the countless stories we shared while at the park. Even though we're late, we still get to have fun with Jun and Minghao. We celebrated our sort of anniversary with a few alcohol and we're here now at your place cuddling to make ourselves warm while the rain pours drastically outside. It may not be an ideal day but I couldn't have it any other way." Mingyu explained. He look up to see Wonwoo starring at him so he starred back. "Don't you see it? It's not the dates and gifts that matters. It you and your presence. I enjoyed today because I was with you." Mingyu finished. He felt a drop of tear in his forehead, later realizing that it was from Wonwoo. Mingyu's heart clutched at the sight so he went ahead and gave his boyfriend a sweet little kiss. "Are we good now?" Mingyu asked after breaking the kiss. Wonwoo just nod with a huge grin in his face, kissing Wonwoo's forehead after.

"I have to admit, I did get pissed that Minghao knew about your training and not me. I hate that I have to hear such a wonderful news about my boyfriend from someone else." Wonwoo huffed in annoyance once he recalled what happened just a few hours ago. "That's because I was suppose to surprise you after our date. Minghao just beats me to it. I plan to give this to you before our date finish." Mingyu explained, handing him the letter that was resting on the bedside table. Mingyu must've put it there while Wonwoo is at the shower. Wonwoo read the letter and it is about the confirmation of Migyu's training in Seoul Hospital. Wonwoo congratulated Mingyu on his new achievement, making sure to shower him with kisses along the way.

"I guess both our plans didn't happen as what we expected it to be." Wonwoo realized.

"But this is nicer." To which Mingyu admitted, snuggling closer to Wonwoo before drifting of to sleep.

-----
I suck at writing chapter endings i swear to God.

By the way, i'm so sorry for the confusion in the previous chapter. I don't know I made such errors (what am I even thinking when I was writing those) but I already fixed it :--). Thank you everyone for pointing it out!

I'm still open for title suggestions so if you have any, feel free to comment or message me ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25K 506 50
Jeonghan and Seungcheol fall in love. There are ups and downs but they trust each other.
20.7K 757 22
Title says it all...
8.9K 426 8
Choi (Hong) Jisoo always has a dream of being together with his future alpha, but what if his future alpha is his best friend from childhood?
4.4K 30 14
Just seventeen imagines for you carats💎 Enjoy ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)