A Life in Camelot (New Versio...

By snowfiregirl21

Jordan is flying with the doctor in his TARDIS when she falls out, through the vortex, and into King Arthur's... More

A Life in Camelot (New Version)
Chapter One: The Entrance
Chapter Two: Dinner and Merlin

Chapter Three: The Meeting

49 2 4
By snowfiregirl21

CHAPTER THREE

THE MEETING

Arthur looks at his father in shock, as he well should.

Like, dang, if you don't want me here, no need to say it like that.

"Father, she needed medical assistance! I couldn't just leave her there! Just let her stay, for god's sake. You know mother would do it."

Uther stares at me distastefully, and then resumes eating. What a jerk.

Dinner passes awkwardly and as it comes to a close, I take my plate and stand up. I spot Merlin and gingerly walk to him, asking where the kitchen is. He looks at me again. "Um. Sorry, what?"

"Where is the kitchen?" I say, enunciating clearly.

"Erm, I'll show you," he says with that odd look on his face.

I follow him to the kitchen and go to the bucket straightaway. I scrub the plate with a cloth and hot water, dry it and then lay it on the stack of plates. I look up to see Merlin staring at me.

"Have I got something on my face, Merlin?"

"What?! No, no, it's just none of the guests ever do their own dishes... Or anything actually."

I look at him. "Yes, well, unless I am injured, you can be sure I will do what I can to help."

Merlin just nods and a smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. He seems to be debating with himself about something because he keeps lifting his head and opening his mouth as I stand patiently.

"Erm, Miss... m'lady, will, um, hey wait a minute." He composes himself. Takes a breath. "I know you need to rest and all, but do you think... you could possibly....--"

"If you'd like to talk/ vent about Arthur sometime, yes. If you'd like me to distract Arthur so you can sneak off, yes. If you'd like me to help you with chores, yes." I cut him off. "Did that cover everything?"

"Uh, yes," he says. "Are you always this outspoken?"

"Yes. So what I can do for you?"

He's about to speak when a sharp shout from Arthur cuts him off. "Merlin! I need you!"

He sighs loudly and apologizes, then walks towards Arthur, then starts running when Arthur yells again.

*******

It's been almost a day since I've seen Merlin. Arthur really does keep him super occupied. How could he possibly have chores for Merlin to do for that long??

I change into a chore worthy dress. Just a simple thing, beige and cotton, and paired with my Converse, I am so ready to walk and not be in pain! I can't even recount how many times I'd fallen last night. It was awful.

Exiting my room, and softly closing the door, I swiftly round the corner, bumping into none other than--

"Merlin!! I was just about to go looking for you!!"

As he says at the same time, "I am so sorry! I did not mean to hit you!"

"It was as much my fault as it was yours," I respond laughing. "And you didn't hit me, you bumped into me. There's a difference. Can I help you with anything? I'm kind of dying of boredom right now."

He looks at my dress. "You know, you're not helping your "peasant" thing go away with that dress." Then he gives me that same odd look from last night, and says, "You're strange, you know that? Most guests that come here make me do all the work, as they should I suppose, but none of them ever ask if they can help." He laughs. "I like you. So yes, you can help me. I have to go shine Arthur's boots. Again."

I follow him to Arthur's chambers and take the cloth he gives me once we're inside.

I look around the room. "It's not as extravagant as I thought it would be."

"Yeah, Arthur's not like that. He's a prince and a complete clotpoled cabbage head, but he's a good guy, once you get to know him."

"You know you sound like a girl describing her crush, right?" I ask, holding back laughter.

He glares at me with the utmost amount of disdain humanly possible. "Watch it, or my opinion may change, m'lady. Just grab a boot and shine it, will you?"

He said that just to spite me. Wow. Rude much?

As we shine Arthur's boots, I let Merlin rant to me about how Arthur treats him like dirt and how he doesn't think Merlin amounts to anything. He tells me the story of how they first met, and I smile uncontrollably as he tells it, word for word, "'Sorry...., how long have you been training to be a prat..., my lord?'"

He tells me about how Arthur being king could make Camelot turn around and become even better and stronger. About how Arthur is a strong leader and compassionate as well, but Uther doesn't pay any heed to him.

How the Druids are a peaceful people, but Uther can't see past his hatred.

How magic can do a lot of harm, but just as much, possibly even more so good.

How much he thinks Gwen and Arthur just need to get together already and stop looking at each other "wistfully", as he says (which made me laugh).

I ask him after his long winded talk about Gwen and Arthur, "Is there someone you fancy?"

He blushes and shakes his head.

"Liar liar pants on fire. Who is she? Is it Morgana?? Because you guys would totally be good together."

"Ha!" Nervous laughter. "I'm a servant and she's the king's ward. No."

"Well Gwen is a servant and Arthur is the king's son so.... I think you'd be fine."

He doesn't respond and instead, changes the subject. "How'd you get here?"

"Magic," I say raising an eyebrow.

He looks at me shocked. "Don't say that!! You could be killed!"

"All right, all right! Science. A little thing called timelord science brought me here, okay?

"I didn't even want to be here. I fell and woke up here. I don't know where my friend is, or when or what even happened to him."

I reach over Merlin and grab one of the two final boots. He takes the other, and we shine until our fingers are in pain, but at least we're having fun. He says something that makes us both to erupt in laughter, causing me to lean against his shoulder trying to catch my breath.

The door slams open, banging against the wall. Arthur stops in the middle of the doorway, staring at us, probably thinking we're mad.

He sees the boot and cloth in my hand and shouts at Merlin. "Are you really that incapable of doing a simple task, that you had to enlist the help of our guest, someone who should not be working as hard as she has?!"

Merlin just smirks and says, "Well if she's been working hard and doing what I do on a regular basis, I guess I work pretty hard too, yes?"

I can't hold back my smile. Go Merlin!!

Arthur just looks at him, shock written on his face. "Get out, Merlin."

Merlin smiles as he gets up and walks out the door.

Arthur says to me, "You know you don't have to work while you're here right?"

"I was dying of boredom, bumped into Merlin, and asked him if I could help. So if anyone should get in trouble, it should be me. He didn't make me do anything."

"You're right. He's too weak for that. Well, I'll ensure you aren't bored until you leave." He smiles. "I'll ask Morgana if she can spend some time with you tomorrow."

"Thank you," I say.

I walk to the door, but then turn around and ask: "What do I call you? Your highness, m'lord, what?"

"Arthur works fine," he says, smiling that billion dollar smile.

"Okay, well, thank you, Arthur. I'll be seeing you around."

As I exit Arthur's room, I see Merlin walk in front of an open window. A flash of golden sunlight crosses his blue eyes, making them look completely gold.

********

Wahey guess who finally wrote this chapter!!! Yay! XD

I've know what I wanted to do with it, but it's all a matter of doing it, yes?

So yeah, thanks for reading, I hope you liked it.

And the previous chapter has actually been done for a while, I've just wanted to update these two at the same time. :) <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 10K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
480K 10.1K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
979K 53.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

91K 2.1K 37
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...