The Second Avatar

נכתב על ידי KiraKisa

Being the second Avatar is not an easy job... Avatar Korra is now in Republic City with her best friend Yue... עוד

Book I Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
Book II Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
Book III Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
Book IV Chapter I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
Epilogue

X

2.9K 69 10
נכתב על ידי KiraKisa

Who would have thought Zaheer would just leave me out to deal with all of this chaos. "This is crazy," I said as I looked around the Upper Ring. I hope that Hana and Taro got out, or at least fortified the Jasmine Dragon. 

"Now, how do I get out of this crazy city?" I questioned looking around.

"How about you join team Avatar?" A voice said behind me.

"Mako?" I questioned as I turned around and saw him and Bolin. "You guys made it out!" I said as I ran and hugged them both. 

"We were afraid that-" Bolin began.

"Zaheer wants me alive for something," I said. 

"We're just happy you're safe," Bolin said.

I looked around, "mostly." 

"I can't believe it. The Upper Ring is in chaos," Mako said. 

"Don't try to stop us. We're taking back what's ours," a looter said nearby. 

"Stop you? I'm gonna join you," the Royal guard said before running off. "I know where the good stuff is."

"Should we do something?" Bolin asked. 

"This isn't our battle. We have to deliver Zaheer's message to Korra immediately," Mako said.

"He gave it to you too?" I asked. 

"We need to find Korra," Mako said with wide eyes. 

"Right. Okay. Find Korra, deliver message," Bolin said and then we started running towards the airfield. "Yeah, this should be easy. We just gotta get out of the city and get to the desert, then somehow find her in the vast, expansive wasteland that goes on for thousands and thousands of miles. This isn't gonna be easy."

"We need an airship," Mako said.

"Like the only one left," I said pointing upwards. 

"Ooh!" Bolin said as we made our way in, only to find four looters.

"Excuse me, may I have your attention please? I'm with the Republic City Police, and I need to commandeer this airship to help the Avatar," Mako said officially. 

"You try," Bolin told me. 

"Excuse me," I said politely as I batted my eyelashes at the men who froze. "I need this airship, and if you don't leave, I will freeze your butts to the side of the palace."

"Oh!" Bolin cried. "Do it on the third floor, that where the Queen's gold is!"

"Bye!" The men said as they ran out. 

"Bribing and threatening always works," I said brightly as we looked around. 

"Second door on the right!" Bolin called after them. "You just gotta know how to talk to them, bro."

"They took everything. I mean, who rips out a transmission radio?" Mako asked. 

"Some folks just do not have respect For other people's property. Now let's steal this airship!" Bolin said moving controls. 

"You know how to fly this thing?? Mako asked. 

"Technically speaking? No. But, come on, how hard can it be?" Bolin asked. 

"Wait!" I said as Bolin pulled away and scrapped along the ground.

"Up! Up!" Mako shouted. 

"I don't see any up button. I see levers and switches. Oh, there it is," Bolin said. 

"Move," I said annoyed as I shoved him to the side and took control of airship.

"You can fly this thing?" Mako asked.

"Iroh," Bolin answered for me. 

"The whole city is falling to pieces," Mako said. 

"Mako, our family's down there," Bolin said. 

"I'm worried about Hana and Taro as well," I said sadly. "Their kids aren't here, but-"

"Move over," Mako ordered and shoved Bolin aside as well. "We're getting them out."

"Oh, you think just because you dated Asami, you know how to fly this better than me?" Bolin asked.

"I was flying," I pointed out.

"Right, Yue," Bolin said. 

"Yeah," Mako said anyway and took off part of a building. 

"Move!" I said annoyed, "just point me in the right direction." 

"There," Mako said and I saw an apartment in the lower ring before landing on the roof.

"Come on," Bolin said as he made his way into a window.

"Shouldn't we?" I questioned. 

"Probably," Mako said as we got down to help the family in. 

"Oh, aren't you a nice young lady," the grandmother, Yin, said as I helped her in. "Are you dating one of my handsome grandsons?"

I smiled awkwardly, "I'm-"

"Grandma, Yue is engaged to General Iroh of the United Forces," Mako said gently. 

"Oh," Yin said with a bit of disdain.

"He is the grandson of Fire Lord Zuko," Bolin added. "And Yue is a Princess."

"And it's an arranged marriage," I offered.

"Oh, you poor dear," Yin said quickly offering me words of wisdom. 

"Thanks for getting us out of there," Tu said. "I mean, I probably could have handled it myself if you guys didn't show up, but thanks."

"May she rest in peace," Yin said as she hung up a photo of the now deceased queen. "This airship is nice. Is it our new home?"

"No, Grandma, I'm not sure where we're gonna take you. But right now, we need to find Korra," Mako said. 

"Did something happen to the Avatar?" Chow asked. 

"I'm afraid so. Her airship went down somewhere in the desert. She was coming from a military base near the Misty Palms Oasis and heading to Ba Sing Se. If we retrace her route back to the base, we should find the wreckage," Mako said. 

"And keep her safe," I said nervously. 

~*~

After a rocky landing, we saw something very familiar. "Spirits!" Mako's cousin said. 

"Okay, guys, we think Korra found her way back here," Bolin said and then Pabu climbed up Bolin's leg. "Now let's split off into teams and scour the town. Yes, we'll need your help too, Pabu. Now just give me a second while I- Wait. Pabu!"

"Basil!" I said in surprise as a fox ran up and knocked me over. 

"I'm never gonna let you go again," Bolin said to Pabu. 

"Wait, if you're here, then-" I began before hearing Tu scream. 

"Guys, look out! Giant dog-beast thingy!" Tu shouted. 

"Naga!" I said smiling as she pounced Bolin. 

"Okay, all right, Naga. It's good to see you too. Ahh, stop," Mako said.  You're licking my mouth.

"Asami! Korra!" Bolin shouted. 

"Korra," I said in relief as they ran out of an establishment. "Asami, you're safe." 

"You guys are okay!" Mako said. Mako and Bolin ran to the girls and hugged them, so I got out from under Basil and jumped on top of the group. "Sorry, I was just. It's so good to see you."

"It's really good to see you too, both of you," Korra said before crushing me in a hug. "Especially you, I-I thought you were dead with how Zaheer was talking and.."

"I'm just glad you're safe," I told her. 

"Good," Lin said walking up. "You guys aren't dead."

"Don't get all mushy on me, Chief. Tonraq, sir," Mako said.

"Lady Emiko!" I said in surprise when I saw her and Zuko. I ran up and gave her a tight hug, much to her delight. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, my gosh," Bolin whispered loudly. "It's Lord Zuko, I can't believe it." 

"Oh dear," I said in surprise as Bolin fell on his face. 

"And Lady Emiko..." Bolin mumbled out from the ground. 

"Uh, forgive my brother," Mako said as he bowed to Zuko. "We're just really honored to meet you, sir."

"Honored," Emiko said sarcastically. 

Zuko glared at his wife before bowing back to Mako, "it's a pleasure to meet you as well."

"Pleasure, not honor," Emiko whispered to me. 

"You must be the Avatar," Yin said to Asami. "Mako told me so much about you. You are even more beautiful than I imagined."

"Uh, actually, that's Asami," Mako told his grandmother before gesturing to Korra. "This is Avatar Korra. Korra, this is my Grandma, Yin."

"You are very... muscular for a woman," Yin said with a smile as she petted Korra's arm. 

"Um, thanks. You too?"

"What lovely young women," Yin said. "And then there's that princess lady, so sweet. Mako, why aren't you dating any nice girls like them?"

"Yes, didn't my grandson do well?" Lady Emiko asked as she hugged me, Basil barked in agreement. 

"Uh... so what happened to you three? Where have you been?" Asami asked. 

"We were captured by Zaheer and taken to Ba Sing Se. We were there when the Earth Queen was overthrown," Mako asked. 

"More than overthrown," I said bitterly. 

"What? How did you escape?" Korra asked.

"Zaheer let us go, even Yue," Mako said. 

"Why would he do that?" Korra asked. 

"Because he wanted us to find you and deliver a message," Bolin said.

"Zaheer is headed to the Northern Air Temple as we speak. He said he's gonna wipe out the new Air Nation and everyone in it, unless you turn yourself over to him," Mako said.

"Sora," Emiko said sadly. 

"Zaheer's threatening innocent lives, just to get to me," Korra said. 

"He could be bluffing," Tonraq said.

I shook my head, "I've seen what he can do first hand."

"He's already taken out the Earth Queen. I don't think he bluffs," Mako said. 

"We need to radio Tenzin and warn him that the Red Lotus is coming," Korra said. 

"I agree. Unfortunately, We don't have a radio on the airship," Mako said. 

"There's a portable radio in the jeep, but the signal will never make it to the Northern Air Temple," Tonraq said. 

"We need to get to a place that has a strong radio transmitter. The Metal Clan will have one," Lin said. 

"Let's go. We'll radio Su on the way," Korra said. "Hopefully, she can get ahold of Tenzin at the air temple by the time we get to Zaofu."

"And maybe I can figure out where Toph vanished to," Lady Emiko said worriedly.

"Don't worry," Korra said. "We'll save the airbenders and your grandchildren."

"Besides," I told Lady Emiko. "They have Raiden with them, who had a bigger temper than Lord Zuko ever had, at least according to you."

~*~

"Are you sure you want to leave?" I asked Lady Emiko.

"No," she said annoyed. "But I can't let my baby get hunted, but what about my granddaughter?" 

"Emiko," Lord Zuko said gently as he grabbed her hands. "I will go and protect Izumi while you go and protect Hana's children."

"What about Hana though?" Lady Emiko asked nervously.

Zuko gave her a look, "you know my uncle created a tunnel under that tea shop. Hana will be fine, especially, with Taro by her side."

Emiko sighed and then her eyes got very wide, "what about Makoto? Zaheer could go after all of our children, what if he grabbed Hana? He could be planning to go after anyone who could be come the next Fire Lord..."

Zuko rolled his eyes as he swooped in to kiss his wife, "you didn't train a weak water bender, or her twin daughters."

Emiko blushed, "when you put it that way."

"I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed or not," I said lightly.

"Iroh is quite a romantic as well," Emiko said with a smirk as Zuko continued to get ready for his flight. 

"You're leaving?" Korra asked behind us. "Aren't you coming to the air temple with us?"

"I'm sorry, but I can't," Lord Zuko said. "I'm going back to the Fire Nation. If it's true that the Red Lotus is targeting the Nation's leaders, I need to protect my daughter."

"I understand, you have to keep the Fire Lord safe," Korra said.

"You will have both Higosha's at your side," Zuko added.

"I am saving my grandbabies," Lady Emiko announced making Zuko smile at her fondly.  

"They're adorable," I whispered to Korra. 

"You're gonna look like that one day," Korra said slyly before turning to Zuko. "But before you leave, I was wondering if you could help me with something.

"I was often Aang's council, and I'd love to be yours," Zuko said. 

"That's just it, you knew Aang better than anyone. I was wondering if you knew what he might do if he were in my situation," Korra asked. 

"Hmm, rebuilding the Air Nation was Aang's biggest dream," Zuko said. "He would be beside himself with joy with what you've done, and if he accomplished that goal, he might have sacrificed anything to protect it."

"So he would give himself up to save the Air Nation?" Korra asked. 

"I don't know for sure. The airbenders might have been closest to Aang's heart, but as the Avatar, he was concerned with people of all nations. No one knew better than Aang that in times of turmoil," Zuko said as he placed a hand on Korra's shoulder. "The World needs its Avatar the most.

"Thanks," Korra said. "Your uncle was right. It was helpful talking to you."

"You spoke with Iroh in the Spirit World again?" I questioned. 

"Wait, you spoke with my uncle?" Zuko asked in surprise. 

"Yes, in the Spirit World. A couple of times actually," Korra said.

"Guys, we got through to the air temple!" Mako said running up. 

"I miss that man," Emiko said fondly as we followed Mako. "So does Lu Min, he was devastated when Uncle Iroh died." 

"No. A whole herd, really?" Bolin said as we walked in.

"Meelo, this is your commanding officer. Go get your dad, now," Korra said as she shoved Bolin aside. 

"And this is why Korra and I work well together," I muttered as Korra fummed. 

"Yes, you're the diplomat," Korra said and then smiled as I assume Tenzin got on. "Tenzin, listen to me carefully. Zaheer is on his way to the temple. He's coming for the airbenders. You have to get everyone out of there immediately. Drop everything. Leave now!"

"Please, let them get out," Lady Emiko said nervously. 

"What? What is it?" Korra asked suddenly. "Tenzin! Tenzin, what's happening?"

"No," I said in horror.

~*~

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

8.4K 252 17
Yunoh. The timid, soft-spoken Avatar proceeding Avatar Aang. She didn't realise what life had in store for her when her older sister, Korra, drags he...
9.8K 251 13
WARNING: If you have not read the first book (Love is in the air) I recommend reading that first to get a better sense of this book. After the equali...
34.8K 838 16
Avatar Korra has arrived back home. After three long years Asami is beyond excited to see her bestfriend again, she soon learns that alot has changed...
25.7K 753 11
(Sequel to "To Feel Free") After months of searching for answers (Y/N) returns to her friends, only to be just in time to help another major crisis...