Once Apon A Lifetime [DISCONT...

By Perseus6565

Lui Shirasagi He's a powerful blader, a champion, over throwing bladers one after the other. Along with the p... More

//One//
//Two//
//Four//
//Five//
//Six//

//Three//

535 73 41
By Perseus6565

The music...my dear(sarcasm)sweet friend chose it. Its a bit different I guess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The footsteps that stamped along the hallways were drowned out by the chatter bursting through the air. Students were leaning against the walls, huddled over phones, some were getting books and some already in class. The first thing that got to Lui was the chatter. Couldn't silence be appreciated even for a second?

Teachers seemed to be in no hurry, walking with paced footsteps. Why do teachers seem like they have everything in the bag? Is it even possible for one person to be that organised? Lui could never imagine teaching a kid, let alone a whole class. He'll most likely burst into tears from frustration.

Lui stayed off to the side as he trudged along the hallway littered with people. He swerved to the side as two girls giggling about something on their phone passed him. Lui let out a annoyed sigh and kept going.

"Lui!"

A kid with sparkling, ruby, red eyes and fluffy, creamy white hair dodged people, jumping from left to right as he tried to reach Lui. The kid stumbled to a stop infront of the flame haired boy, his breath slightly ragged. He smiled widely at Lui, his smile turning into a grin as Lui smiled back ever so slightly.

"Hey...you alright?" Lui said quietly.

"Sure! But what's with the long face huh?"

Lui shrugged nonchalantly and smiled at the kid, trying to reassure him that everything is alright. The smile on the other boys face faltered slightly. Lui seemed to be hiding something.

"Your always cheerful though?" The boy dragged on.

"I'm just tired"

"If you say so Lui! But make sure to smile!"

Lui sighed but still smiled slightly. The other boy flashed a grin again.

"Yay Lui!"

"Oh yay.."

The white haired boy linked arms with the other boy. Lui saw no point in rejecting, and went along with it. This was his friend afterall. Who did manage to brighten his day some how like usual. Together, they both walked to their first class, that was just about to start. A teacher came in just seconds after they slid into their seats which was situated around the middle.

The chatter of the class died down to a hush. Ofcourse all these kids were still young enough to be afraid of the teacher. Lui sat straight as the teacher began drawling about the French revolution, how they recruited all the men and made much bigger armies than the rest.

Other countries followed their tactics, causing more bigger and destructive armies, leading to horrible wars like WW1 and WW2. Few people glanced at him every time Louis XIV was mentioned. He groaned, their names weren't even spelled the same way, not to mention the fact that they're nothing alike. It didn't help that the white haired boy beside him kept giggling.

"Teehee! Marie-Antoinette is your wife!" He giggled under his breath.

Lui tried to come up with a snarky response but couldn't.

"No she's isn't....and anyways..she's dead" Lui grumbled.

"I suppose" the other boy shrugged.

The rest of the day went at a pace of a slug or even slower. If time went even slower than Lui wouldn't be surprised if it went backwards. But eventually the sun was past the mid-point of the sky, indicating the end of afternoon was near. Which meant school was more or less over.

"That day went so fast!, I thought it'd be slower 'cuz it's a Monday"

Lui rolled his eyes.

"It felt like the clock was going anticlockwise, the day was so slow" Lui replied.

"Aww someone's in a bad mood"

"I'm just tired"

"Didn't you get enough sleep?"

"Not really"

"Why not?"

"Just a had strange dream"

"You mean nightmare?"

"No, I just had a strange dream, not a nightmare"

"If you say so"

Lui narrowed his eyes at the boy.

"What was is about?"

"Well..there were people..and then everything was blank and there was only this light and i went-"

Lui grabbed his head, cutting himself off. The sudden pain was sharp and fast, running right through the middle of his head like lightning. His vision went white and blinding, he squeezed his eyes shut, his fingers pressing into his temples. Then it was gone.

Lui opened his eyes and stared ahead, dazed and confused. The white haired boy's eyes were wide with concern. He grabbed Lui's arms and shook him.

"Lui? Are you ok?"

Lui slowly moved his eyes to his friend. What just happened? Was it for the lack of food? But that was so painful though...just thinking about it made him shudder.

"I'm alright, just got dizzy.." Lui lied.

He didn't feel one bit dizzy. The pain just came and went, no after pain.

"Do you want to go to the nurse?"

Lui shook his head vigorously.

"No I think it's just because I'm tired"

The white haired boy stared at Lui for a few seconds, then muttered an ok.

"I'll see you tomorrow then ok?" He said.

"Sure bye" Lui replied, before they both part ways.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Lui, how was your day?"

"Fine"

"Aren't you going to tell me what you did?"

"Didn't do much"

Lui's father let out a sigh, but smiled at his son nonetheless. Lui put down his school bag, took off his shoes. He made sure too keep them at the side so nobody will trip over them. His father smiled at his actions.

"Lui, your mother and I have to go to the company today, your uncle will be looking after you"

Lui's eyes flashed with fear and anger, but he quickly averted his gaze to the ground. Your leaving me again...with him...Lui said spitefuly in his head.

"When are you leaving?" Lui asked softly.

"In a few minutes, your uncle should be here by now"

As if on cue, the door bell rang. Lui felt his heart rate speed up by millions, goosebumps appeared all over his skin and countless thoughts of running away passed his head. He took a deep breath, but that only lead to his breathing intensifying. He reassured himself that it's not going to be that bad. But the last time he litterly got blood smeared all over his face...there can't be anything worse than that right?

His father kissed the top of his head before leaving. He was left alone in the kitchen, and he could hear someone taking off their jacket.

His uncle.

Hajime Shirasagi.

Why did his father, who's so kind and thoughtful, have such a cruel and horrible brother? Lui was surprised at his own thought. His uncle isn't that bad..he could remember a few times he was really nice. But there was times when he wasn't. Well...most of the time he wasn't nice.

"Ah, Lui..how are you?"

Lui got snapped out of his thoughts and his mouth went dry as he saw his uncle. He swallowed and looked away from his piercing violet eyes.

"Lui I asked you a question, answer me" The voice took on a slightly harsher tone.

"I'm okay" Lui whispered.

The man walked foward. Lui began trembling, to the point where it was almost noticeable.

"I brought you some candy..." His uncle muttered, stuffing his hand into his pocket and bringing out a handful of sweets. His favourite type of sweets.

Lui's eyes snapped up in slight surprise, but more confusion. This is what confuses him. It also makes him feel guilty. Should he hate his uncle? Or should he not? His uncle is being nice to him now, giving him sweets, even remembering his favourite type of sweet. But then the next time he's horrible. What should he feel?! Should he hate himself for hating his uncle or is his hate justified because of all the horrendous things his uncle has done?

"Thank you uncle, that is nice of you..I will eat them later..I am not hungry" Lui said politely.

Hajime frowned slightly, but nodded, walking over to the table and leaving them there. Lui watched his every move, afraid that his uncle will lash out any moment. His uncle pulled out a chair and sat down. He indicated for Lui to sit down aswell. Lui gulped. He'd much rather prefer to go to his room, but nonetheless he pulled out a chair and sat across his uncle.

For a few uncomfortable seconds, Hajime stared at him. Lui kept his gaze trained on the pine table, following the pattern with his eyes. His eyes moved to the sweets, he had no appetite for them whatsoever.

"You've gotten thinner, don't you eat?" His uncle mused, leaning back onto the chair.

"I do not feel like eating" Lui replied, politeness still forced.

"Why not?"

"I..I am not sure" Lui stuttered.

"You'll get weak if you dont" His voice was nonchalant. For some reason that terrified Lui. He didn't answer his uncle. He didn't know what to say. What can he say? I always feel weak?

Hajime stood up, his eyes fixed on the child before him as he rounded the table to stop infront of Lui. Lui looked up. His heart rate immediately sped up. Something bad is going to happen. He just knows it from the sinking feel in his stomach to the boiling of his blood, the sweat on his body and the tears he is trying to hide.

"You don't mind if I have a bit of fun with you...a little game we can play?" Hajime questioned menacingly.

The hair on the back of Lui's neck stood up.

No no no no

Not today

Lui stood up in one frantic motion, knocking over the chair behind him. Usually he'd pick it up but he couldn't care less. He took his uncle's surprise as an advantage and quickly darted away from him. He bearly made it to the living room when he suddenly felt an arm wrap around his waist. His heart lurched and he let out a yell. Lui squirmed in his uncle's tight grip, he had to get away or who knows what will happen.

"You shouldn't have done that...im angry now you stupid kid.." That awful voice whispered in his ear.

"I-im s-sorry!" Lui stammered, tears were gathering fast in his eyes.

"Too late, your going to pay"

Lui began trashing, this can't be happening. Not now, it's not fair, it's just not fair! How will he pay anyway? Hajime let out a grunt as Lui's elbow came into contact with his ribs. He glared but didn't loosen his grip. Instead he walked over to the couch and sat down, placing Lui on his lap.

Before Lui could figure out what his uncle was going to do, Hajime brought up his other hand and covered his nose and mouth. Lui's eyes widened as his uncle applied pressure on his face. He let out a muffled yell. His uncle laughed, but his face was angry and something else.

Lui's eyes had fat tears falling out of them and his lungs burned. He can't breath. He can't think. He doesn't know what to think, all he knows that his uncle his applying more and more pressure.

Lui moved his head from side to side and his uncle pushes his hand harder. There is no oxygen between his fingers and his chest explodes with pain. Now, his uncle grabs Lui like there is no him, pinning his face with his hand, making Lui stop.

Now there is nothing, Lui's vision is darkening and blurry with tears. Ad he moves his head frantically he feels smaller and smaller, until his head goes blank, until air is completely gone, until he can't take it anymore and it's black and warm all over....

They were on the ground, mourning the ever so awful defeat he himself use to feel. They felt weak, fearful, glancing behind their shoulders before looking down in shame and embarrassment. He grinned, knowing he was the cause of shame. He was the cause of fear. The fear wasn't a slow working fear, where it creeps it's way in. No, it was a knife striking the heart, sending panic signals to the brain, setting off every alarm. It was that fear he was imposing.

He liked it. It felt odly good... Satisfaction was all that filled up his beating organ. His eyes held a gleeful look in them. But the glee was vicious and almost terrifying. His pointed teeth shined as he laughed coldly, looking down at them.

Fear...Fear...feel what I felt...what I felt...was...Shame...

Gone

They were gone

The mourners of defeat were gone

Instead there was...

Nothing?

He peered into the void of purple and black, only to be stared back at by the void of literal blank. It took him a second to realise but, he was here before. Its the place he saw that light. Come to think of it, where is it? He looked around before his eyes locked apon it.

There

That light

That bright light

That dot burning in the distance, like a single star. But it was there. His body like last time, seem to judder in excitement as he saw this one dot of light and he immediately made his way towards it. This time he didn't stop, he kept walking. His curiosity burned almost brighter than that light.

Just a few more steps

He reached out with his hands

His fingers just about to close over

His eyes blinding over

The light growing brighter

It was blinding

Nonetheless he closed his hand over it

But-

Lui's eyes flickered open. It didn't even take him one second to regain his thoughts. First, his uncle suffocating him. He thought he was going to die. He was so sure..but he didn't. He didn't die and he couldn't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. His chest burning as he turned over -he just realised- in his bed. His uncle must've bought him up here after he passed out.

He struggled to breath properly for a few seconds before relaxing. That dream. He had it again. That light was there again. It was a reoccurring dream, that much he can conclude. But the only thing different was that he knew he has been there before and that light. He was able to close his hand over it unlike last time. But still, he couldn't figure out what it was.

Should he even worry? He litterly has some strange uncle doing terrifying things to him. Why should he care about a light? Lui broke into a fit of sobs. Why must he be so weak. Why why why?! There is so much he wished he could've done, except he can't. He never can because he's too weak. He's not capable.

You're a coward

Lui jumped. That wasn't his voice. But it wasn't anybody else's either. It can't be..he just heard the voice inside his head. It was a low growling voice, surely he hasn't imagined it right? He swallowed in slight fear.

You really are a coward

Lui bolted up from his bed a gripped his head.

"Who are you!" He shouted.

His ears rung with silence, the only sound was the swishing of the trees outside. Lui listened for a straight few minutes, straining his ears. Nothing, there was only silence. Maybe he did imagine it. Even if he did, he tried to ignore the truth he saw in those words.

He's a coward..

Lui layed down onto the bed and broke into another fit of tears.

Coward

--------------------------------------

Word count: 2604

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 62.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1M 35.8K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.3M 55.1K 101
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC