The tale of two guardians (As...

Bởi Noonecame1212

REWRITING IN PROGRESS!!!! There are many timelines in which a young boy dies and a robot is built to take his... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: The Orphanage
New friends
Kia
The entrance exam
The black onyx pendant
The capital
The first day of school
The training starts
Bandits!?
A day off
A New Friend and A New Plan
Tobio's awakening
Sitting under the setting sun
The Guardian's Sparring Match
Astro's 101 Training Course
A Day at The Palace
Your Dark Past
Tobio's true nature
A Late Afternoon
The trial
The Very First
A Castle Full of Stone
The Final Battle
The Banquet
A visit back home
The first job
Zoran
Rivals
Two heads are worse than one
A walkthrough in the ruins
Dark
A plan put into action
The return of the trials
A return to the past
A new member of the squad
Birthdays (Part 1)
Birthdays (part 2)
The branded pervert
A rising problem
A new land
The harsh truth
Learning a few new tricks
A battle has come to an end

Chapter 2: Happy Birthday

997 36 11
Bởi Noonecame1212

Birds continued to sing behind closed windows, rudely awakening you from your slumber. You felt so comfortable, moving was the last thing you wanted to do right now. Rolling over, you felt sleep enveloping you once again as you laid in the comfort of your mattress.

You completely missed the pitter patter of small feet speedily making its way towards you, before an attack from above connected with your side.

"WAKEY WAKEY! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" A child's voice screamed at the top of her lungs, her vocal chords tearing your ears a new one. You sat up sharply, throwing off your tiny 'attacker'. You stared ahead of you, wide eyed and in a daze, before looking down. With half of her body still on the bed, a little girl flashed you with a toothy grin ...mostly, as one of her front teeth was missing.

"Anais! What do you think you're doing?" You shot out, somewhat half asleep still. Anais quickly righted herself and used all of her might to climb back into your bed. Once comfortably situated under your arms, she spoke in an excited manner;

"It's your birthday! Or did you forget?" It was...your birthday? Eyes widened, you gasped in realisation and almost threw her off you yet again.

"It IS my birthday! Crud, how'd I almost forget?"

The door to your bedroom slammed open and in came Kate, wearing her night gown and her sleeping cap. She adjusted her glasses with her nose and squinted at you.

"Do you girls have any idea what time it is?" Kate spat out. With Anais in your arms, you turned excitedly towards her.

"It's my birthday today!" Kate fell into a stunned silence. By the look on her face, you could tell that she had completely forgotten. She then left the room in a fluster, leaving you confused. "Well, that was strange." You mumbled, looking down at Anais for agreement. She wholeheartedly nodded.

Twisting her body, Anais barrel-rolled off the bed, landing rather awkwardly on her feet. She then raced out of the room where you could hear the rest of the children moving about.

After fully dressing yourself, you exited your room and made your way towards the kitchen where you were hit with a delightful smell. It smelled like bacon as well as a couple of other breakfast foods — Rosy must be at it again!

"Morning, Rosy! What's for breakfast?" You asked, and placed yourself at the dining table.

"On today's menu, we have sizzling hot bacon, pasture raised scrambled eggs, and a special treat for the birthday girl — fluffy white pancakes drizzled in hot maple syrup." Your stomach growled and your eyes followed her hands hungrily as she laid the plate of food in front of you. What a sight to behold, it wasn't just fluffy pancakes; there was bacon as well as a side of eggs and fresh fruit to boot.

"Wow, this looks amazing!" You squealed. Just as you took up your fork, the other children had began to pile into the room, letting out cute yawns whilst they gathered around the dining room table.

"Good morning Rosy." They chorused, prompting her to smile at them in return.

"Good morning, children." As you were taking your first bite of the day, the kid next to you eyed you with envy.

"Aw, what? How come SHE gets whipped cream and syrup?" He whined. You stopped mid chew, slowly turning your head towards him. His name was Dylan, and he was only a year younger than you.

"Maybe when it's YOUR birthday, YOU'LL get whipped cream and syrup on your pancakes. But for now, enjoy the jam and butter." You mocked, aiming your fork at his plate tauntingly. Almost apologetically, Rosy placed a plate of pancakes with only butter and jam in front of him. Mind you, there were a few bits of bacon on his plate. Dylan frowned at his plate of food, clenching his utensils tightly.

Just as you were about to take another bite, Dylan leaned forwards and he stole the delicious bit of pancake from your fork, happily chewing away. Your eyes widened and you gasped while he looked content with himself.

"HEY!"

"No fighting you two." Kate said in a warning tone as she appeared behind the two of you. You and Dylan shuttered with fear as the two of you felt a foreboding aura behind you. You dared not turn around.

"S-Sorry Miss Kate." You fumbly apologised with Dylan right by your side. Kate stared you down as you hurriedly finished your plate of food. Once finishedC you rushed outside to join the rest of the kids.

"Are the preparations done?" Kate asked, watching as you went. Rosy appeared behind her, nodding her head.

"Yes, they're done. But... are we sure this isn't too soon for her?"

"We've had to put up with her shenanigans for eight years, she's more than ready." Rosy chuckled.

"Oh Kate, you'll miss her." Kate dabbed away a tear from her face and nodded. Deciding it was better to leave Kate with her thoughts, Rosy ran off to finish the rest of her preparations.

~~~

You were playing catch with a few other kids when you saw Kate exit the orphanage. You grew nervous as she headed towards you, before coming to an abrupt stop.

"Children, please start making your way towards the arbour out back. There is a surprise for you." As she said this, her eyes connected with yours for a moment. You instantly knew this had something to do with you. As diligently as you could, you followed her down the cobble stone pathway with the other children following behind you. You could hear Dylan's voice a couple of kids down, mumbling something about how much of a bore this day was.

As you reached the end of the pathway, Rosy met you with a party popper, sending a rainfall of confetti over you. You stumbled back into the other children and nearly fell over, causing an array of childish laughter to erupt behind you.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone cheered. As Rosy helped you to your feet, Kate presented to you a garden decorated in party streamers and colourful balloons. On a long table covered by a white cloth, an assortment of sweets and some of your favourite foods were laid out across it. You stepped up to the table with your mouth agape.

"You guys..." you felt someone tug on your shirt and looked down to see Isabelle, one of the youngest there, offering you a small stuffed bear.

"I made this for you." Your heart squeezed for this little girl, and you carefully wrapped your fingers around the bear. It was poorly made, but you didn't care. You took great care when handling the bear, gently caressing every stitch woven into it.

"Thank you, I love it!" You stated, giving the bear a tight squeeze to the chest. You then wrapped your arms tightly around the little girl, bringing her in for a hug. You stayed like that for a good minute or so, before another kid had begun pestering you for your attention.

"Y/n, Y/n! Look what I got!" Slowly releasing Isabelle, you shifted your attention towards him. He grinned at you, revealing his teeth missing tooth, and handed you something wrapped in leaves. You pulled the leaves apart and saw that it was...a rock. You raised your eyebrow at the boy, Billy. Billy laughed.

"I searched the forests for something cool. I then found this rock!" Before you could praise the brave lad for his recklessness, Kate stepped in.

"Billy, when was this?" Everyone began to laugh at Billy's misfortune as Kate rebuked him. Meanwhile, the gifts then continued. You were given little trinkets such as voodoo dolls, eyeball key chains, a bottle of little beads, and the sort. You were incredibly happy with your gifts whilst the adults eyed said gifts with great concern.

"Okay everyone, it's time for cake. Gather around." Everyone gasped and immediately fought their way to the table. As you worked on gathering your gifts into your arms, out of the corner of your eye, you spied Dylan sulking by the fountain. You wanted to check on him, but Kate had already called you over to the table.

"Alright everyone," on Rosy's cue, everyone began to sing happy birthday to you. You indulged in the special treatment and hummed along happily. The song then came to an end and so began your birthday wishes. You took a deep breath, prepared to push all of the air out of your lungs to blow out all thirteen candles. 

"STOP!"

"Don't blow them out yet!" Startled, you whipped your head towards the pair screaming at you.

"What? What's the matter?"

"You need to make a wish!" Isabelle exclaimed with the others nodding in agreement. You opened your mouth in understanding. Of course, how could you have forgotten?

Clasping your hands together, you made your wish. 'Please, let me help this orphanage....and my family.' And with that, you breathed in and blew a heavy storm across the candles. Everyone cheered for you,

"What did you wish for?" Asked Billy.

"It's a secret." You said, making him frown.

"What? But I wanna know!"

"Well too bad! If I told you, then it wouldn't come true." Billy sighed and rolled his head dramatically. Wandering off to sulk, you felt a small tap on your shoulder.

"Y/n," Kate began, grabbing you by the shoulder. You raised a quizzical brow towards her.

"What is it?" Kate looked hesitant. She then tugged you behind her.

"Follow me." With a simple shrug of your shoulders, you followed Kate back into the orphanage. As you looked ahead of her, you nearly missed the flicker of her eye as she shared a look with Rosy.

Silence filled the orphanage without the children running amok. You thought it was eerie, making the long walk with Kate practically unbearable. Turning the next corner, she took you through a pair of double doors. It was Kate's office — a room you've spent more time in than your own.

'Oh no, it's finally happening. She's finally kicking me out of the orphanage.' You thought worriedly to yourself. Your eyes followed along Kate's dainty figure as she walked over to her desk. She then reached into the draws and grabbed an envelope.

"U-Um, listen Kate. I know I sometimes do bad things, but don't you think this is going a little bit far...?" You trailed off as she brandished the letter to you. You snuck a quick glance at her face before hesitantly reaching for the letter.

"Y/n, you are now thirteen years old. Do you know what that means?" You held the letter tightly, creasing it. "Now, you are a little young, but you are now at the age where you can take the test to get into the knight's academy." The jitters in your hands ceased, and your eyes widened. You then hastily opened the letter. Inside it...was a registration form?

"W-what...? But, doesn't it cost money to get into this? I was going to wait for the scholarship!" You cried, clutching the form closely to your chest. A deep sigh came from Kate.

"Sweetie, I'm going to be honest with you. You don't stand a chance winning that scholarship." You gave her a 'wtf' look. Clearing her throat, Kate brought her hands together and approached you from behind her desk. "Don't mistaken me, you are a bright young girl, but you will be competing with thousands of other applicants! There is only one scholarship, and with your background," Kate brushed her fingers over your cheek, "you don't stand a chance."

"I thought backgrounds didn't matter."

"In this case, they do." Your fingers curled into fists. As much as it angered you to hear this, deep down... Kate was right. There were plenty others smarter than you, as much as you hated to admit it. Kate saw the frustration in your eyes, and squeezed your shoulder for comfort. "That's why..." she further pushed the letter into your hands, making you look up. She cracked the slightest smile for you. "I've been saving, little by little. I want you to become the best knight there is."

Her kindness was something you were going to have to get used to. You looked down at the letter once more, finally taking in the weight of its value. Your eyes felt wet and your chest grew incredibly tight.

"Has the capital always been this prejudice?"

"Yes, unfortunately so."

You used the palm of your hand to wipe away the tears from your cheeks. But they continued to flow. Kate's features softened and before you knew it, her arms had snaked around you, bringing you in for an embrace. She whispered nothing but sweet things into your ear as you sobbed into her chest.

"I know that I nag you all the time, but I did all that because I cared. I still remember when you were first brought into my orphanage." A wistful expression appeared on Kate's face. "You were bratty, naughty — which you still are! But I've grown to love that about you. Y/n." With a brush of her thumb, she wiped away your tears. She then gave you a quick peck on the forehead. "Make us proud."

You couldn't help it. You dove into her arms once again, hugging her tightly.

"Thank you." You mumbled, your voice barely an audible whisper. As Kate brushed soothing strokes through your hair, you had begun to thought of the children. "Do the others know I'm leaving?"

"Rosy is out there talking to them now." Like magic words, the doors burst open and everyone piled into the room, overcrowding both you and Kate.

"A-are you really leaving?" Anais cried out, Isabelle at her side. Billy hugged your leg as snot poured down his nose with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"W-why do you h-have to leave!?" He cried. Right on cue, a few others started to cry as well. With one hand on Billy, you struggled to quell their tears. Rosy then came forwards and separated a few of the children from you.

"Now children, Y/n won't be gone forever. When she does come back," Rosy flashed you a knowing grin, "she will come back as a fully fledged knight."

"You leave tonight." Kate interrupted the children's screaming, back to her usual stoic demeanour. "There will be a cab meeting you here at the orphanage." Looking passed the children, you smiled at her.

"Thank you." You whispered. Kate tried to hide her giddy expression, but nothing could get passed you. You then turned towards the others whilst clutching the envelope to your chest. "I'll make everyone proud!" You cried. Everyone bursted into tears and they ran up to you. You were shocked by the alarming mass of children that had jumped at you, and you were knocked back, causing your downfall onto the carpet.

"We'll miss you so much, Y/n!"

"Waaah!!!! Big sis is leaving!"

"We love you, Y/n!"

"I....love you too."

~~~

You tugged the rope tightly around your bag, securing it. You weren't carrying much other than your essentials and gifts from your family, as well as the envelope. Kate had already explained to you beforehand just what she had in store for you. An old friend of hers was supposed to meet you at the third wall and she would set you up for the night. Apparently, she owned an inn.

Just as you finished tying the knot together, there was a light knock on your door. Rosy quietly entered the room, illuminating the room with the lantern in her hand.

"Are you ready?" She asked in a low voice. You responded quietly by nodding your head and you grabbed your bag. It was kind of heavy, but that was alright. Without waking the children, you followed her out of the orphanage. There was a cab waiting for you outside, just as Kate had promised you.

You were hit with reality as the cool air hit your skin. You were leaving your home to become a knight for the capital, something you had always dreamed of. And yet... why were you so nervous? Why were you so terrified of what the kingdom had in store for you?

"Rosy, I..." You stuttered. You turned towards her with your breath hitched in your throat. The moment you made eye contact, she broke down mere seconds before you, sobbing into the palm of her hand while the other remained holding the lantern.

"I know that you'll get in. I believe in you." With tears in your eyes, you moved forwards and embraced her, sending her over the edge. She dropped everything and pulled you close. Her emotions came out like a rushing stream, as well as yours.

"Y/N, WAIT!" Rosy let out a sharp gasp as a figure came running towards you in the distance. To your surprise, you saw Dylan running in your direction with a red face. It was obvious he had been crying.

"D-Dylan? What are you doing here?" You asked as he came to a halting stop.

"Dylan, you should be asleep!" She scolded. He breathed out heavily and he leaned on his knees for support. He then took in a huge gulp of air and looked you straight in the eye. You wondered what he might've been up to, considering you hadn't seen him since this morning.

"I-" Dylan quickly used his sleeve to dry off his tears.

"H-Here!" Dylan shoved a round container into your chest, nearly sending you tumbling down the porch steps. As you regained your footing, you flashed Dylan a heated look.

"You better come back, you here me!?"

Your eyes widened. Rosy hurriedly shushed Dylan, before dragging him inside. He followed her obediently whilst crying into his sleeve. As the door clicked shut behind them, you picked up the container and read its label aloud.

"Candy...?" You popped open the lid and found a note inside. The container was half eaten, making you frown.

"Hey, I don't have all night. Hurry and get in." A low voice appeared behind you, making you jump. You looked back at the man in the car and quickly apologised.

With your hand touching the door, you glanced back at the orphanage. It was silent now, but during the day, the children brought life to the desolate outlands. A figure by the window caught your attention, making you look over. As you climbed into the cab, you saw Kate waving to you, putting a smile on your face.

'See you later, everyone.' Putting the car into gear, the cab driver took off. You stared out the window for a little while, watching as the orphanage disappeared beyond the horizon. You then picked up the note Dylan had left you and read it.

"Happy birthday, dummy."

You laughed and you reached for one of the candies. You then popped one into your mouth and leaned your head against the window. The night was still young, and you had a while before you even reached the outer wall. It would take two days to get to the third wall on foot. You hugged your bag tightly to your chest and closed your eyes. The next time you'd wake up would be in Metro city, where your new life would begin.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

Alex and Tyson Bởi Misa

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

32 0 25
A beautiful story written by AI. Guest appearances from your favorite celebrities and then some.
584 12 30
A story of two Guardians fighting the darkness. A Destiny Fanfiction.
428 76 23
The story is fictional ( the places and people ). The story talks about teachers and students in high school, two couples one story. Two worlds will...
2.2K 111 24
"Dreams come true sometimes, but what nobody told you is nightmares are dreams too" In this world are hidden many secrets, most of them we know like...