Get The Girl ✓

De jayscitylights

A plan. A disguise. A checklist. Time to play cupid. Copyright © 2019 by jayscitylights. All Rights Reserved. Mais

🌻
cast
01 | may i dance with you?
02 | dark eyes and a devil smile
03 | the golden goddess
04 | potential love interest
05 | can i fucking help you?
06 | a suicide mission
07 | a girl always hides her claws
08 | knight in shining armour
09 | another player in the game
10 | new friend request
11 | literal definition of asshole
12 | nancy drew with pigtails
13 | hamburger and potato thots
15 | bobby the cat
16 | pretty china doll
17 | chubby bunny
18 | mermaids r real
19 | international women's day
20 | boyfriend material
21 | the great gonzalez
22 | the virgin question
23 | law of attraction
24 | you like overwhelming
25 | seventy-two hours
26 | melbourne & douche face
27 | blacklisted, pt. 1
28 | blacklisted, pt. 2
29 | not all accidents are bad
30 | king oberon
31 | olive branch
32 | fuck you right back
33 | gnome garden
34 | ready, set, action!
35 | consider me a fool
36 | summer nightmare
37 | puck's poison, pt. 1
38 | puck's poison, pt. 2
39 | history notes
40 | bronze babe
41 | your theory is wrong
epilogue
author's note

14 | earth to addie

4.2K 269 51
De jayscitylights

1 4

earth to addie

    "Happy birthday!"

     Penelope shrieks when we pop out of the venue like a pack of Jack-in-the-boxes. I sound the party blowout and Liv throws the confetti beside me. The rest appear with balloons, streamers, and, well, more confetti. My family and I invited Penelope's entire class so it's pretty packed, and that's counting the "Happy birthday, Penelope!" sign hanging above our heads and the sweets and candies everywhere.

     Oh, and we're in a go-karting place.

    "OhmyGod, oh my God thank you so much!" Penny squeals. She hugs her friends first, overwhelmed at the amount of people. I've never seen her so happy. The thought brings a grin to my lips, and Liv and I do a fist-pump.

     Our dad comes up from the chaos. "Enjoy today, honey!" He bends down to kiss her forehead. "We planned it, but it was all Addie's idea."

     She turns to me and tackles me with a crushing hug. A series of thank yous pass in and out of my ears, and I can't help but laugh.

    "Congrats, squirt," I smirk, patting her head affectionately. "Nine years ago today, you managed to crawl out of Mom's reproductive organs. I'm so proud of you."

    "Addie," Mom chides.

    "Miranda," I chide back.

     I guess my smile is too infectious, because she tries to hide her own.

    "Okay, kids," Dad announces. "You can all start go-karting. Make sure you listen to your instructors, have lots of fun, and tell your parents that today was your bestest day ever!"

     The kids cheer, and they race to the tracks and go-karts.

     I nudge Liv, a grin on my face. "You wanna try those?"

    "Later," she waves a hand. "Let the kids have it first."

    "Oh, Olivia, always the moral one."

    "One of us has to be, right?"

     I hit her shoulder playfully. It's been a while since Liv and I hung out alone — without the Justine business. When I ask her what she's been up to without me, though, one look tells me the truth.

     She's been with Vic.

     I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. Vic knows not to get too close, but I'm starting to worry if Liv understands the situation. He doesn't know that she's a lesbian, and I totally get it if Liv doesn't want to advertise her sexuality. But someday, he's going to crack. He's going to make a move on her. And when she says no, it will complicate things.

     I don't tell Liv any of this. Deep down, I think she knows.

     An hour passes and the kids start to dwell down. They all go for the chips and candies, so there's a few empty go-karts.

    "Liv!" I cry. The M&Ms on her hand spills from where I've hit her, but I'm too concentrated on the goal at hand. "This is our chance!"

     We race to the go-karts, and then we race on the go-karts. We're just screaming and laughing like crazy. I haven't been go-karting since I was younger than Penny. Childhood is precious.

     And then my phone buzzes.

     I abruptly stop my go-kart, causing Liv to bump into me roughly. My head knocks forward, and I stifle a groan while Liv looks over my shoulder to see my screen.

    "Justine?" she frowns. "What's wrong?"

    "Let's find out."

     Liv and I share a glance. Oddly enough, her situation relates to Liv more than me. But she has no good advice. I've always been the one to help her. So I have to help Justine.

     But why would she message me on Facebook when she has tons of friends?

     As if she heard this question, she adds:

     Justine and Jude really are twins. Even their defence mechanisms are the same.

    "Sephora?" Liv wonders.

    "Yeah." Then I see her squinted eyes. "What? What do you know?"

    "Nothing, there's just... there's a Sephora just across from here."

     When I realise where she's getting at, I shake my head. "No way."

    "Ask away."

     Oh my God.

    "Ha!" Liv exclaims, pointing at me. "I was right!"

    "Hush, young padawan."

     I pocket my phone and begin backtracking, driving towards the edge of the ring. Liv eyes me while I'm doing it, and when I keep driving and don't plan on stopping, her eyes widen.

    "Oh, no," she rebuts. "You are not saving her with a go-kart."

    "It's faster."

    "And we're in a mall," she says flatly, giving me a look.

     I put up my arms. "Is there a rule that says no go-karts allowed here? Because I didn't see one. In conclusion, go-karts are allowed."

     Liv slumps against her own. "What am I suppose to do then?"

    "You can join me." I wink.

     She cringes. "No thanks. I can distract the children. Make sure they don't notice a missing go-kart and the birthday girl's sister."

    "Knew I could count on you, Liv!"

     She shakes her head at me, but doesn't resist as my go-kart goes outside the tracks. It squeaks against the floor, and she helps me get the rest of the vehicle out.

    "Please don't get yourself arrested."

    "I'm stealthy. Don't insult my skills."

     She pats my head. "If I don't, then who will?" Then she runs off to the opposite direction, onto the crowd of kids and my parents lounging at the back. She screams, "Help! I think some kid fell!" I hear a little oof! and a body hitting the ground.

     I don't have time to speculate if she actually pushed that kid or not.

     Everyone flocks there and suddenly I'm invisible. A college employee sees me, though, chips falling from his hands as he gapes at me. "I'll be back!" I call out, and race out of there.

     People turn their judged expressions at me. Mostly adults. I just try not to focus on them because it'll make me back out. I share a high-five with one kid, though, so that's cool. I'm also thankful that Sephora is on the same floor.

     Not long, I see three familiar girls in front of me, then that Parker Hitch guy that lingers by the corner. I focus on the blonde instead, who's a little behind them. My go-kart screeches as it comes to a halt, stopping in front of the store like I'm an extra from Fast and the Furious.

     The employees there give me a look like oh, teens these days.

    "Yo, J!"

     Justine whips around at my voice, her eyes widening.

    "Why are you in a go-kart?" she purses his lips, but is she biting off a smile?

    "Saving you with style. Hop on, cowgirl."

    "Like right now?" Iris and Yolanda notices me now, and they both give me the stink eye as they approach. "Crap," she curses.

    "Heeey... um..." Yolanda actually looks legit confused.

    "Addie," I remind her.

    "Right."

     Iris scrunches up her nose like there's a bad smell. "Um, why are you...?" She lets out a sigh. "You're embarrassing yourself."

    "Didn't notice." I turn to Justine. "Anyway, you coming?"

     Justine looks conflicted by the offer. Maybe if she wasn't with the two girls, she would've hopped in the first second. But why would she ask for my help if she was with her two "best friends"?

    "Yeah." Her answer is firm and steady. "Bye, girls. Enjoy your day."

     Iris and Yolanda blink at her, watching as she scoots behind me to try to get a seat. Thing is, it wasn't build for a two-person drive. And I'm not even sure it can hold both of our weight. 

    "Don't worry, you're skinny and I'm small!" I grin. "We'll make it!"

    "Justine!" Iris gapes. "Are you serious?!"

     Justine cringes but manages to wave. "I just really need to go! Text you later, girls!" She taps my shoulder like go, and I salute to them.

     Thank God that first floor also means parking lot. An elevator ride would be awkward. 

     When we rush out into the lot, the security guards don't even know what to do. It takes quite a while to mull over two teenagers driving on a kids' go-kart, giggling amongst themselves.

     Justine shows me where to go, and my stomach rumbles with nerves. I can't believe it. I'm meeting Jude Reynolds in a parking lot like it's normal, and Justine Reynolds is with me on a go-kart. 

     What life can be if one has the courage to live it.

     We finally reach Jude, who's leaning against a black BMW. Justine gives out a "Bro!" and his head snaps up, green eyes glowering. He doesn't say anything until we come to a stop in front of him. 

     I smile.

     He glares at me. "Can you guys explain why you're on a fucking go-kart?"

    "We wanted to rebel against society," I answer.

     Justine clears her throat. "And ditch a creep."

     Jude raises an eyebrow and glances to me again. "Nice ride."

    "Oh, it's the best. It can hold up far more than your BMW."

    "Sure thing, sweetheart."

     Justine scrutinises Jude a little more closely, and stands up. "I'm going taking the front seat," she blurts, racing to the car.

    "You're the only fucking passenger," Jude yells at her. Now it's just me, but he doesn't follow his sister yet. He just looks at me — or rather glares — so I glare back.

    "What?" I dare.

    "You're going to get in trouble for that."

     I sneak a look behind me, at the guard speaking through his walkie-talkie. "Already am."

    "You're a piece of work, Hale," he murmurs.

    "And?"

     He opens his mouth to continue, but his eyes stray to the sound of laughter. A group of girls just entered the lot. They go quiet at the sight of us... or really, it's Jude. They might as well not notice me and the go-kart. He eyes them openly, not even hiding that he's checking them out. They giggle harder and walk away, but one glances over her shoulder. Her and Jude make eye contact. The message is clear.

     I raise my hand. "Alright, I'm going to bounce." Jude snaps his head at me, like realising I'm still here, and with that I backtrack to the doors.

    "Hey," Jude calls. I turn around. "Thanks for helping Justine."

    "No problem." I smile. "I didn't do it for Trey, by the way."

    "Yeah, I fucking guessed that."

    "And I also wanted to parade with a go-kart."

    "That too." His lips twitch upwards, just slightly.

     I grin even more. "Safe travels, Reynolds."

    "You too, Hale."

     Justine watches our banter from the car, but I can't figure out her expression from this far. All I know is that she has been for a while.

     I'm pretty sure she can't hear our conversation, so what is it that's so interesting for her to look at?

A/N: Way to be subtle on that last line, Jeihan. Very subtle indeed.

(Also, there was an error in one of the messages, but I was too lazy to edit them. Apologies in advance.)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

324 44 43
Summary coming soon....
10.8M 339K 81
HR: #1 in Romance (3rd December, 2018) , #2 in Humor (1st January, 2019), #2 in Comedy (28th December, 2018). -- "I know how to play rough, Tinker Be...
10.5K 907 9
A modern Cinderella fairytale with a twist.
384 17 22
Her life has always been chaotic with adventures and hasty decisions, while he calculates his moves and every decision that he makes. He dislikes sur...