My Mate's Choice

By xoxosecretlover

Beatrix found her mate on her 16th birthday. Calvin isn't the perfect guy like every girl would want but that... More

My Mate's Choice
My Mate's Choice 01
My Mate's Choice 02
My Mate's Choice 03
My Mate's Choice 04
My Mate's Choice 05
My Mate's Choice 06
My Mate's Choice 07
My Mate's Choice 08
My Mate's Choice 09
My Mate's Choice 10
My Mate's Choice 11
My Mate's Choice 12
My Mate's Choice 13
My Mate's Choice 14
My Mate's Choice 15
My Mate's Choice 16
My Mate's Choice 17
My Mate's Choice 18
My Mate's Choice 19
My Mate's Choice 20
My Mate's Choice 21
My Mate's Choice 22
My Mate's Choice 23
My Mate's Choice 24
My Mate's Choice 25
My Mate's Choice 26
My Mate's Choice 27
My Mate's Choice 28
My Mate's Choice 29
My Mate's Choice 30
My Mate's Choice 31
My Mate's Choice 32
My Mate's Choice 33
My Mate's Choice 34
My Mate's Choice 35
My Mate's Choice 37
My Mate's Choice 38
My Mate's Choice 39
My Mate's Choice 40
My Mate's Choice 41

My Mate's Choice 36

14.8K 457 83
By xoxosecretlover

Beatrix

Just right after she finished talking, when in the first place she should have kept her mouth shut, Calvin entered the kitchen along with his brother, Sean. And it just made me feel even madder than I already was.

And to vent my anger, physically, I threw the mug that Jean had used to drink on the sink and the force was strong that the mug broke into pieces on the zinc sink.

"Hey Beatrix, calm down," I heard Sean said. Yes, Sean and not Calvin. I looked up from the sink and saw Calvin quickly took Jean from the counter of the kitchen.

"Calm down?" I asked, sarcastically. "You want me to calm freaking down after what she had to say?" I yelled to Sean.

"Beatrix, calm down my dear," I heard the Luna's voice and suddenly, the kitchen became crowded when I started recognizing Eddie's face, Matt's, Mom and Dad.

"Calm down?" I asked, again before turning to Valerie, "Would it put you in peace to ever think that I was in a relationship with Matt before? Would it make your heart breaks if Matt ever chooses me over you, his mate? Would it make you smile that Matt and I ever had sex while we were with the rogues? Would you still be calm if you ever caught me with Matt hugging or kissing?"

My voice was rising as I said every single word. I couldn't control anything anymore. I was too angry and my heart was in a pain.

"Is it true?" were the words I heard from Valerie, asking Matt. Hah. So much of trying to advise me.

"We did nothing, my love," I heart Matt answer but Valerie was already running out of kitchen. Serve you right, I thought to myself.

"What is this Beatrix Anderson?!" Eddie boomed. "Don't destroy other people's relationship when yours is the one with problems."

I looked at Eddie, bewildered and then watched him leave the kitchen with Celina following him but kept looking at me. Everyone soon left except for Calvin and Jean. I needed no one, at that point of time.

It was official; Valerie was ruining me and I hated her so bad.

Because of her, Eddie scolded me for the matter that I had the right to be mad of. Because of her, I couldn't find myself able to trust my mate. Because of her, I couldn't have the luxury of having my mate all to myself. Because of her, I couldn't be happy.

"Beatrix..." I heard Calvin whisper and looked up only to find him already by my side. He wanted to touch me but I quickly stopped him.

"Don't," I said, sternly. "Don't try, Calvin. I don't think we can work anymore." I told him and I meant it. With that, I ran up the stairs and into my room.

I wasn't going to make Calvin choose. I will step back at my own will and I won't expect Calvin to follow my steps.

I had given this pack enough problems as well and I didn't want to be the next reason why. My happy ending was not here and won't be here soon. I have to find my way.

Calvin

It's been days now since the incident that night. I haven't been around Beatrix and I was ordered to, by the Luna. She said Beatrix still needed a space on her own.

I wanted to let Beatrix know that night, I was proud of her. I didn't care if she was screaming to Valerie because Beatrix was standing up for our relationship. At least, that meant something to me. But then, Alpha Eddie had to scold her and I just got a feeling that Beatrix wasn't angry at me but everything else.

 Today, it's the fourth day and I could wait no more. I have missed holding Beatrix to sleep and just being around her. I've seen her a few times since the other night, going in and out of the kitchen only basically. It became very obvious now especially after school has resumed for those who had to go to one with an exceptional of me and Beatrix.

Today, I'm just gonna disobey whatever order that Luna set on me. I wanted to see and talk to my mate and I have all the rights to right now because I missed her.

The first thing that came into my mind was to bring her some food or drinks into her room. I quickly walked to the kitchen, with the intention of making her some toast and tea and bring it up to her room but stopped when I already heard voices from in it.

"I am worried of you, Beatrix. I'll miss you too," it was the Luna.

"I'll be fine, don't you worry. I don't see myself in this place anymore. Even Eddie is not on talking terms with me. I know Brody will take care of me, well," I heard Beatrix answer the Luna and I didn't think anymore as I jumped into the kitchen and interrupt their conversation.

Where was Beatrix going? Was she leaving me? Was she going to be with Brody? Was she going to finally reject me by mating with Brody? NO! She couldn't do any of that.

"Beatrix!" I called loudly, startling her and the Luna. "Can I please talk to her in private?" I asked the Luna for permission when I really didn't need to.

The Luna gave me a curt nod and then moved away and out of the kitchen. I quickly got a hold of Beatrix and shot her with her questions.

"What is that I was hearing? Where are you going? Why are you leaving?"

"I'm tired already, Calvin. I'm not gonna make you choose because now, it's time for me to decide by myself," she said.

"I don't understand."

"I'm moving to Brody's pack. Right now, I'm gonna be honest with you so that you know what exactly I am feeling before I leave for Brody's. I hate Valerie because she was with you. I hate that she's able to be around you like nobody's business when she sure know that I would as hell be jealous of it because I knew it was always her heart that you're gonna take care of. I'm gonna give it all up now, Calvin. Because of her, Eddie and I are not in talking terms and it's hurting me enough. I'm not gonna make you choose between me and her. I'll give in now so that you and Valerie can be happy. I'll help you. I'll talk to Matt so that he would let Valerie go and be with you."

"Life as a werewolf is unfair, Calvin because we can't choose who we want to be with. I've been hurt enough all these while with all of these things happening and I wanna let it all go now. Good luck, Calvin. I've been happy at least for these past few days with you and I couldn't have asked for better ones."

I listened to her attentively and only until the end when I finally registered all of her words inside my brain that I realized she was gonna leave me. It also dawned to me that I haven't explained the real reason why I was with Valerie the other day.

But I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to stop her because even though she wasn't crying, from her words, I knew she had felt hurt enough. I wanted to stop her from going. I wanted to stop her from being in pain. But I truly know that she have had enough.

Suddenly I heard car horns from outside. Both Beatrix and I looked out of the kitchen and saw a car just arrived. "Brody is here," Beatrix informed. She was expecting him.

"I'm leaving today. Take care," Beatrix said but she didn't move from her spot. I didn't say anything. I was too stunned. Brody and I already were having a good brotherhood relationship. I would want to kill him but then, it was all Beatrix's want.

"Take care," Beatrix said again and this time she leaned towards me and kissed me on my cheeks. Her cheeks lingered longer that I had expected to but the moment she was done, she didn't turn back anymore. She ran her way to the front of the door, picked her bags that was already there and out of the door.

And I know at that very moment, I've lost her.

So… any predictions on what’s gonna happen next? I’d love to read comments from all of you, so please feel free :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931K 14.8K 40
Alexia wanted a mate, but what happens when her Mate doesn't want her. Every year, The Red-Moon pack would host a Party, for the unmated wolves. Litt...
840K 18.9K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...
2.2K 179 38
On Lauren Brazon's 20th birthday she will ascend and become a powerful witch, she will stop aging, and she will be able to find her other half. But b...
555 11 23
What would you do if you find out your mate is a vampire? Rose is a sixteen year old hunter. She has a little brother and sister, no mother and her f...