The Wolf's Prey

By JupiterWinchester

1856 Eastern Germany A war has broken out in the supernatural world. Pinning vampires against werewolves. T... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Announcements *2017

Chapter Thirty One

39.9K 1.4K 133
By JupiterWinchester

A/n: im sorry if this chapter sucks i just neeeded out of the way to get to the good stuff. And yes the wedding will be the next chapter I'm happy for it. Again sorry I know this chapter sucks. I'm just losing inspiration for this one. But I will end it properly. And also I know they're mistakes in there. So you don't have to be an ass and point them out. Thank you.

enjoy.

Two months past by and the days seemed to mend together. I was becoming more wild and untamed. As Romulus showed me more about shifting and being a wolf. I also became more wild after my first time having sex with Romulus and I became less prudent about the subject as well. Then I would have never even thought about sex and now I seem to be having it anywhere I could with Romulus. In the hallway, on the piano, in the dining room, and mainly in the forest, by the lake, or even in the lake.

Everything with Romulus is perfect there's not a care in the world. There's no Dorian, or vampires, or war. The only worry I had to deal with was the wedding plans and learning every thing about pack relations as in meeting the other royal families of the werewolves. Romulus is the highest of them all but they're still others out there somewhat as powerful, and it's my job to learn as much as I can about all of the families so we can keep all our treaties intact. It's difficult to remember all the things that mother taught me on how to be lady, and how to address a royal court. It's even more difficult to learn all of these new things when i have Romulus making faces at me from the doorways or nibbling on my neck during lessons. Also during these short months Romulus has taught me many different things about combat and battle strategies. always telling me that if he ever dies suddenly during this war that I will immediately take over, and i will lead the army. I always wanted him to stop talking when he mentions his death because i could never think of anything more horrible. But he just laughs and shrugs it off.

Tomorrow night is the engagement party and I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach. While i was laying down with Romulus i think he sensed my anxiety. Because he turned and asked me whats wrong.

"It's nothing im just nervous about meeting everyone."

He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me close, while lightly petting my hair." They will love you. I know it."

I smiled at his gentle actions and snuggled closer to him hearing his steady heartbeat as i drifted off.

The next morning everyone was in a fit of panic. Food still needed to be done, bedrooms needed to be made ,and prepared for all of our guests and i still had to put on my dress for this evening.

I hadn't even seen Romulus all morning because of all these preparations.

As Martha helped me put on my dress i realized that I'm not ready for this. I can't be a Luna I barely even know what that means. I don't know how to keep pack treaties or make battle strategies. Panic built inside of me as I looked outside the large window of Romulus's room and saw carriages pulled up on the big lawn. Although I had no idea how those carriages made it through the forest. I turned back to the mirror and starred at myself.

It was a midnight blue with glittery sparkles that looked like the stars in the heavens. The sleeves were a dark blue lace with a tiny ribbon tied at the end of it. The dress went all the way down to the ground and a little outward. Martha had twirled my hair in little tendrils and pinned them all up using over a hundred pins.

My makeup was very simple with a very light coat of white for my eyelids and some sparkles in my brows and around my cheeks.

I gazed amazingly at the mirror of the woman starring back at me. It was absolute madness to think that the frail human girl is part of the confident werewolf woman in front of me. I touched my face in wonderment. Then the door suddenly opened and May came in all dressed in her light pink dress.

"Oh Tara you look simply wonderful!"

"Come now everyone is waiting for you." May pulled my hand and led me to the grand staircase of the main hall and on the other side of the staircase was Romulus looking as dashing as ever in a black suit and a simple white shirt. Romulus gazed me up and down looking completely bewildered and awestruck.

Panic started to shoot through me like bullets through the heart as I heard all the people chatting and asking what I looked like only knowing that I was extremely young for my title.

I looked at Romulus with pain in my eyes and he looked at me with his deep, green eyes reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.

"Now presenting his royal majesty Alpha Romulus Wolfric and our new Luna Tara Scott!"

Romulus and I started walking towards each other revealing ourselves to the public and as soon as Romulus grabbed my hand the panic went away. I felt warm, and calm as Romulus's big thumb soothed over my knuckles.
We walked hand in hand down the grand staircase. seeing all the people oo and awe at us everyone was dressed in bright and enchanting colors. as we descended the stairs Romulus leaned over to my ear whispered.

"Do you know how hard it was to stay away from you all day? How hard it was to hear the quickening of your heartbeat when you were panicking. Even though I was just down the hall. Never again."

I looked at him and smiled.

"By the way did I forget to tell you how absolutely breathtaking you look tonight my little wolf like a true Luna, and always remeber you can do this, because you are not in it alone. I will always be there for you."

My heart fluttered at his thoughtful words, and we reached the bottom of the stairs.

Suddenly people swarmed us telling me I look beautiful, and how in the world did Romulus find me. I gripped Romulus's arm just a little bit tighter.

Romulus answered all the questions that were being thrown at him without any hesitation to them. Then May interrupted everyone by clicking her glass and clearing her throat.

"Excuse me everyone. Would all please go into the ball room to join the future Luna an our Alpha in our generation old waltz."

"WHat?" I said in a panicked voice to Romulus.

"Don't worry about it. Its a very easy dance."

"Romulus I don't know how to dance the waltz."

"Then i'll teach you. Just like I've taught you every thing else." he winked. He lead the rest of the group into the grand ballroom with my arm still linked in his.

Extravagantly beautiful would be and insult to how remarkably beautiful this ballroom was. There was candles lit everywhere with a grand chandelier hanging from the Picasso ceiling. the ceiling depicted images of angels floating in heaven, and that's exactly where I felt like I was.

Soon when everyone got a dance partner the slow, romantic music of the band started playing. Romulus pulled away then bowed and I curtsied to him smiling, and giggling like a moron. He then rose up and slowly and seductively slid his hand around my waist and took my other hand in his, and he put my other hand around his neck.

"Don't worry it's easy see?" he was stepping left then right and he tried twirling me but I completely failed at it.

We stopped at I sighed in frustration.

"I can't do this. I don't know how to. "

He stopped and looked down at my feet. "Well I guess we are going to have to take baby steps then." he pulled me closer to him then lifted me up jut enough so that my feet were on his feet.

"Romulus!"

"Hush. See look you're dancing."
He stepped with the rest of the crowd but didn't twirl when they did. I held on to Romulus and he danced for the both of us.

I laughed the entire way through it, and he did too. God it was so nice to see him laugh in his deep voice. When he laughs he's a whole different person. He's not some strong, and invincible Alpha. He's just a man, a man with deep dimples, and light green eyes. He looked almost boyish when he laughed. So it made me laugh, I think I love this man even more than I love the Alpha one.

The rest of the night went perfectly after that dance. I didn't feel worried about anything. I met everyone and remembered all they're names. I didn't have a worry in the world with Romulus by my side.

When the night ended and everyone went to bed to prepare themselves for the wedding tomorrow. Romulus and I went and laid down in bed.
We laid there gazing at each other.

"See I told you, that you would be great. Did I not?"

"Yes you did."

"Now have I eased all your troubles?"

"Yes. Thank you Roman."

He smiled brightly and pulled me into his chest.

I heard him softly breathing then he asked me something.

"Are you nervous for tomorrow?"

"No." I turned in his arms. "Are you?"

"No."

"Good now go to sleep we have a big day tomorrow."

I turned back around my back to his chest and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 76 24
(Red Night Series: I of II: Blood for Sale) Elyria was just a typical necromancer...until she did the unthinkable and began marketing her blood to an...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...
123K 3.2K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...
464 52 19
(COMPLETED) Ana is a sweet, beautiful and smart girl. All her life she was emotionally abused. She grew up with a broken family. She never saw it com...