Kat Got Your Tongue? (Sherloc...

By Immortality4646

"The game, Mrs Hudson, is on!" ~~~ "Tax- ugh." Sherlock says getting cut off as another body runs into him, t... More

Chapter 1 - A Study in Pink
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - The Blind Banker
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - The Great Game
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 16

4.8K 175 6
By Immortality4646

A/N: Here's a chapter to all of my loyal readers, commenters, and voters!! I love you guys and when I open my phone and I'm spammed with all of these votes and comments from you guys it just makes my day!! @BookDragonAesthetics @MeguelineMaraschim @rosie15angel @Beckieq1988 @Gilmartinm @liliooy @hysterialqueen- are just some of the many people I want to thank. I'm sorry if you voted or commented or added my book to your reading list and I didn't shout you out, its really hard for me to find all of those names (I scrolled back really far) but I thank you all and I'm going to do a better job in keeping track of all of my loyal readers so I can thank you all. Now without further a due, here's another chapter my lovelies!!!

~~~

"You keep working, I'll take care of it Sherlock. Mrs. Hudson." Kat says walking past Mrs. Hudson and down the stairs to settle with the taxi driver.

"Get vehicles, get a helicopter. This phone battery won't last for ever." Sherlock tells Greg still waiting for the computer to load.

"We'll just have a map reference, not a name." Lestrade points out.

"It's a start!"

"Sherlock," John says sitting in front of the computer but Sherlock ignores him.

"Narrows it down from just anyone in London. It's the first proper lead we've had." Sherlock insists still not hearing John.

"Sherlock," John tries again.

"Where is it?" Sherlock asks finally hearing him and walk back over to the computer. "Quickly, where?"

"Here." John replies confused. "It's in 221 Baker Street."

"How can it be here? How?" Sherlock says really confused looking at map reference. The small blue dot that was Jennifer Wilson's phone did indeed show that it was in 221 Baker Street.

"Maybe it was in the case when you brought it back and it fell out somewhere." Lestrade offers up trying to help.

"And I didn't notice it? Me? I didn't notice?" Sherlock questions angrily. Sherlock starts walking around the flat trying figure out what's going on.

"Anyway, we texted him, and he called back." John replies.

"Guys, we're also looking for a mobile somewhere here, belonged to the victim." Greg calls out to everybody.

"Who do we trust, even if we don't know them? Who passes unnoticed wherever they go? Who hunts in the middle of a crowd?" Sherlock talks to himself walking over to the window looking down at Kat talking to the taxi. The taxi, Sherlock thinks, and just in time too because he just pulled out a gun on Kat.

"Shit," Sherlock breathes.

"Sherlock, are you OK?" John asks.

Sherlock, deciding to keep Kat's troubles secret for now, decides to lie. "What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"So, how can the phone be here?" John asks.

"Don't know." Sherlock replies distracted putting on his coat.

"I'll try it again." John tells him.

"Good idea."

"Where are you going?"

"Fresh air, just popping outside for a moment. Won't be long." Sherlock tells him trying to get out to Kat.

"Are you sure you're all right?"

"I'm fine." Sherlock said but he was already down the stairs. "Well shit." Sherlock says watching the cab drive away. "Taxi!" Sherlock calls and then gets into the cab he summoned. "I'll pay you double the fare if you follow that cab quickly but not to obviously." With that the cab driver heads out following the cab quickly but keeping a safe distance.

~~~

Kat sitting in the back of the serial killer's cab, discreetly, without taking her eyes off of the cabbie, presses the record audio button on her phone.

"Why did you do it?" She asks.

"No-one ever thinks about the cabbie." The cabbie tells Kat while driving to their destination. "It's like you're invisible. Just the back of an 'ead. Proper advantage for a serial killer."

"Is this a confession? Do you know I'm am a cop at Scotland Yard?"

"Oh, yeah I remember you from when you and your little boyfriend stopped my car earlier on, and I'll tell you what, if you called your copper friends now, I'll let you go and they can talk me down."

"Why would you do that?" Kat asks confused.

"Because I didn't kill those people, Miss Moore," The cabbie replied. "I spoke to 'em and they killed themselves. But if you get the coppers now, I'll promise you one thing. I will never tell you what I said."

"No-one else will die, though, and I believe they call that a result." Kat replies.

"And you won't ever understand how those people died and neither would your detective boyfriend. What kind of result do you two care about?"

Kat, ignoring the jibe, again, about Sherlock being her boyfriend, replied to his question slowly. "If I wanted to understand what would I do?"

"Let me take you somewhere."

"So you can kill me too?"

"I don't want to kill you, Miss Moore." The old cabbie smiles at her threw the review mirror. "I'm going to talk to you and then you're going to kill yourself."

~~~

"Kat is nowhere to be found and Sherlock has just hailed a cab, got in, and left." John tells Lestrade after he sees Sherlock leave. He is currently standing by the window of their flat looking out into the street. "He just drove off in a cab."

"I told you, he does that. He bloody left again." Donovan tells the doctor. "We're wasting our time!" She turns to Lestrade.

"I'm calling the phone, it's ringing out." John says.

"And if it's ringing, it's not here."

"I'll try the search again." John says walking over to the computer.

"Does it matter? Does any of it?" Sally questions. "He's just a lunatic and he'll always let you down. And you're wasting your time. All our time."

"OK, everybody done here." Greg tells everybody and they start packing up.

~~~

"How did you find Sherlock?"

"Oh, I recognized him." The old cabbie man replies to Kat's question. "Soon as I saw you three chasing my cab. Sherlock Holmes! I was warned about him. I've been on his website too. Brilliant stuff! Loved it."

"Who warned you about Sherlock?" Kat asks. "And me, for that matter?"

"Just someone out there who's noticed."

"Who? Who would notice me?"

"You're too modest, Miss Moore."

"I'm really not." Kat replies honestly.

"Well you hang around with Mr. Holmes." The cabbie explains. "And he's got himself a fan."

"Tell me more." Kat pressed hoping to get more information out of him.

"That's all you're going to know." He replies with a smile. "In this lifetime."

~~~

"Why did he do that? Why did he have to leave?" Greg asks clearly upset and disappointed.

"You know him better than I do." The doctor replies.

"I've known him for five years and, no, I don't." Lestrade corrects him honestly.

"So why do you put up with him?"

"Because I'm desperate, that's why." The detective inspector sighs. "And because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day, if we're very, very lucky, he might even be a good one."

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.8K 25
-Johnlock Fanfic- 🍩-What if in an alternate reality people have visual signs of soulmates identity? Names written on their wrists? 🍪-And what if Wi...
76.3K 1.4K 112
Preferences and imagines of the BBC Sherlock Holmes characters. REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!!! Request as much as you like!! Please request anything, you wo...
180K 6.1K 44
Darcy Byrne, a surprisingly intelligent orphan girl from London, stumbles upon Jennifer Wilson's body at Brixton, Lauriston Gardens. She follows the...
2.3K 286 26
#1 in ynstories (17/07/2022) You are the best assassin in history, the most ruthless, the most efficient of them all. The day you were sent to kill S...