Nineteen | SeulMin FF

By seulgiibaechu

They were rivals in everything, born geniuses, always chasing the other's tail. They practically loathed each... More

-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-19-
-20-
-21 (Epilogue)-
-22 (Sequel)-

-18-

1.8K 63 23
By seulgiibaechu

"Goodbye Seulgi-sshi!" The young intern greets cheerfully once the called one leaves her office.

"Goodbye." The older woman says expressionlessly and exits the notary office where she works as a PA.

She's gotten that job half a year ago, once she officially resigned from Taehyung and Joohyun's company. Not because of bad blood forming between them, but the memories were just too overwhelming. And since she needed a change of scenery, she thought to use her Law diploma and find a job in a notary office.

Some more employees greet her as Seulgi walks away and she greets them back sternly. She goes to her white VW and drives off to the nursery to pick Jaemin up. She feels sorry for her son, that he has to stay in the nursery from morning until the afternoon, but Seulgi doesn't really have an alternative left. She can't pay a babysitter either, and her being the one supporting them, it's not easy. Of course, she could always count on Hoseok and Hyorin's help, but she's too proud for that.

She's the one working, and raising a child, so she should be responsible of him. And besides, they have their lives as well. Hoseok has been promoted to lieutenant and Hyorin is facing a tough time because there had been no news of her husband for weeks.

Kang Seulgi is a strong woman, and she will survive. Jaemin will be alright.

Arriving to the nursery, she parks the car hastily and hurries in the building, heading to the room her baby boy is always at. Most parents have already picked up their children, but there are a good few minutes until the nursery closes, so she's arrived just in time.

As she steps in the usual room, she notices her son, with his black hair, his tiny back facing her, as he plays by himself in a corner. The scene is heartbreaking for her, for some reason. Jaemin seems isolated, him being in his own world, closing out everything else. It worries her actually.

"Miss Kang," the teacher walks up to her cautiously, and judging by her expression, Seulgi knows that something has happened.

The teacher asks for them to have a talk in the hallway, in case Jaemin might be listening. A lot of parents make the mistakes of speaking important things in front of their children, thinking they won't understand. On the contrary, a child understands everything an adult says.

"Did something happen?" Seulgi asks with a carefully masked worry, though the question is just for show. Her maternal instincts tell her that her son is going through hard times.

The teacher wets her lips and fidgets with her fingers, uncertain how to begin. It's an important matter, after all.

"Well, I found the other children bullying Jaemin because he doesn't have a father. It seems the mothers have been talking among themselves, and it has reached the children's ears as well. And now..."

As mentioned before, careless talk can have great consequences.

Seulgi takes a moment, to analyze what has been said. There it goes, all of her infinite tries to keep Jaemin safe. The consequences of her decisions, the past itself is coming back at her, prepared to make her suffer. And this sufferance is not mild either, for Vengeance has taken a liking in her boy.

"Please don't let the children speak of those matters anymore. And if a parent has something to say, do give him or her, my phone number. Nobody will hurt my child." Seulgi says strongly, as she has her hands balled in fists.

How dare they speak ill behind Jaemin's back? Those vultures, always bad-mouthing others!

Without leaving the teacher proper time to reply, Seulgi turns on her heel and storms in the room, to hold Jaemin in her arms. When seeing his mother, the three year old brunette smiles weakly and closes his tiny arms around the woman's neck. Seulgi pats his back and steps out of the room. She stops for a second next to the teacher.

"If my son will suffer further, I will have a talk with the director, so everyone involved will pay the consequences. No one, and do you hear me, no one will hurt my child." And with those said, she marches out of the nursery.

She heads back to the car, all the while she caresses her son's back. Jaemin is unusually quiet, but Seulgi knows the cause to that. It's because of the badmouthing, she's sure of that. Her son is witty, and even if he can't say a lot of things, he certainly understands them.

As Seulgi places him on the backseat, she strokes his obsidian hair and caresses his cheek. His skin tone is the same like his father's, though the chocolate eyes are hers. What a wonderful combination. Children are, after all a miracle.

"Listen, Jaeminnie," she begins, as she pushes a few black locks out of his round forehead. Her son looks up at her with those big brown eyes. "You and mommy will be just fine. Our bond is inseparable and I won't let anyone hurt you, under any circumstances."

Jaemin nods, as if he understands each and every word. At least he feels her intention. His Mommy is the best.

"Alright, now let's go to the supermarket!" She adds with a smile.

Jaemin is sitting in the cart's spot made for bags, as Seulgi walks around, trying to count the ingredients she might need for dinner. Her son is playing intensely with a figurine, not paying attention to his mother's inner turmoil. She has no idea what to cook for dinner. And the bills have to be paid. And her salary still hasn't come...

Her credit cards are almost empty and she can't afford to borrow money. Her vanity won't allow her to.

"Stay still for a second, Minnie, until Mommy goes to check that shelf." Seulgi says as she kisses the boy's head, making two steps away from him.

The little boy ceases the play and turns around, without moving much, only turning his head to watch his mother. Blame it on being a boy, or growing up with his mother only, but the child feels the need to protect his Mommy, under any circumstances.

He notices a woman staring at them, an older woman, with the brown eyes dangerously familiar. The woman just stands there, staring at Seulgi in shock, grasping the wheel of the cart tighter, and trying to force her knees to cease the shaking. She seems to be contemplating whether to summon up to courage and talk to Seulgi, or simply walk away.

"Done, let's go Minnie." Seulgi says with a thin smile as she returns to the cart.

She puts something in and offers her son a sweet smile. Then she walks away. Curiously, Jaemin pops his head through the right, to have one last glance towards the woman, who seems to be staring at them, with tears brimming in her eyes.

There is no mirror in the room. Nothing which could ever serve as glass, to allow him to see his reflection, at the very least. He knows his body was burnt. He can still feel the itching, the scars. The memories of burning flesh, agonizing screams and death still haunts his nightmares, giving him a difficult time to rest.

He has no idea how much time has passed ever since then, but it feels too much. Almost like an eternity. Always being closed in that room, as if he were a convict, without being allowed to see the light or his face... It's terrible.

His hands and the rest of his body still wear the scars and the burning marks he's gotten years ago. The doctors who had been consulting him, they all said that his survival was a miracle indeed.

The man thinks otherwise. It was no miracle. But a curse. He's been cursed, because of not listening to her, and for leaving her in such a state. There had been no news of Seulgi, and neither of his son. Who knows, maybe she married that guy, and they're now living happily together. Well, in all honesty, Seulgi deserves her happily ever after. It's just, he figured he'd be the one to share it with.

The door opens and then closes, like many times before. And, per usual, the same tall guy with short black hair enters, this time wearing a V-cut navy blouse and black fitted jeans. He sits on the edge of the bed, russet eyes glancing sadly towards him.

"Jimin, I'm sorry it's taking so long." He speaks with a slight accent in Korean, his eyes reflecting what he truly feels. "You can't take off the bandages yet. The procedure needs time. The surgery has to be brilliant. Your scars will heal." He ensures.

Min Yoongi. His butcher and savior, at the same time.

The man tries to shake his head. He can't move much, not even speak. Apparently, his vocal cords have also been damaged. But Yoongi guarantees him that he will heal, with time.

"It's all my fault. I shouldn't have asked you to come to Beijing. Thank goodness that my men have found you, at the very least." His big hand rests over his scarred one.

He hates how he looks. Like a mummy. Or worse. He should be dead. And not looking like such a mess. The burning won't cease.

The smell of burning flesh.

The screams.

"I broke up with Joohyun, in order for her to be happy with Taehyung. Apparently, things have been..." Yoongi's voice creaks. "I hear he's been beating her."

The shudders. If he could only feel the shudders.

He frowns, and opens his mouth, trying to ask a few things.

What about Seulgi? Is she healthy?

How is his child?

Are they alright?

Do they face hardships?

Instead, nothing comes out, just pathetic whining. He hates it. He hates it so much, that he wants to tear at his own flesh, to kill himself so he won't have to go through such agony. The burning kills him a little on the inside.

Where is his beloved Seulgi? Why can't he see her?

He's crying. But no tears flow. Still, he is crying. His heart is torn, lying in pieces near that black and empty bed.

"I'm so sorry. But I promise you that you'll be fine in no time. Trust me on that." Yoongi assures him, and the glint in his eyes makes the other believe him.

They're friends, after all. And real friends sacrifice everything for one another.

The silver lighter with a eagle engraved on it has acted as her charm for so long. She opens it only to close it again. She opens it and sighs heavily. Taking out a cigarette from the pack, she lights it using that lighter. She walks closer to the railing, enjoying the view of Seoul, although it's not something worthy of seeing. Grey buildings towering over the sun, mist and smoke, noise and vibrations. Even in the afternoon, the city seems to be pulsating with life.

The door from the balcony opens and then closes, another presence making itself known.

"I didn't know you smoked." His deep voice is brought by the air, and Seulgi smiles bitterly, when remembering how it never matched his face.

"Just an impulse." The woman says while shrugging.

They are currently at Hyorin's, while she runs around in the kitchen, not allowing anyone to help her, offered a moment of silence, since Sooyoug and Jaemin are asleep.

"How so?" The tall man asks as he leans against the railing. "Is this your way of feeling closer to him? Lightning the cigarettes he used to smoke with the lighter which used to belong to him?" Hoseok's voice is raspy, although October has nothing to do with it.

"Yes." She lies.

Lying is the safe route. And also the easiest. No one should know of her intentions. They wouldn't approve anyway.

That's why she lies. Not to give explanations later on.

"Hoseok, what was the real reason you never changed your surname?" Seulgi asks him without blinking twice, the strong Dunhill Black invading her senses.

The question seems to have surprised the man, as he stares at the woman with his eyes widened even more. But then again, women tend to be sharp, so Seulgi seeing right through him is nothing new.

Eventually, Hoseok relaxes and he inhales deeply, to give his answer.

"I was in love with you for more than twenty years. I thought that, by keeping the 'Jung' surname, Fate would sew our destinies back together. And besides, how terrible 'Kang Hoseok' would sound?" He then jokes.

And both of them chuckle. Another second passes by, while Seulgi savors the nicotine, and then asks – or better yet makes a statement – regarding his feelings.

"And you told me this because...?"

The man shrugs.

"You've fallen for someone else." She states.

And his eyes reflexively follow the thin form of Hyorin, as she speaks by the phone.

He has not even a second to reply, since a loud crash is heard from inside, and Hoseok is already dashing in, to tend her. When Seulgi enters the living room, after putting out the cigarette, she finds Hyorin crying her soul out, as she is crouched on the parquet, and Hoseok trying to comfort her, albeit he has no idea what has just happened.

"Hyorin-ah," the younger woman tries reasoning with her, as she kneels on the floor. "Hyorin, what happened?"

But the crying gets louder, more desperate, and the children might wake at any moment. But that's not what matters. Not now.

"Woo Bin, he... My husband was shot!" And she breaks into another round of tears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 22.4K 29
Park Chaeyoung was held at a gunpoint by Jeon Jungkook, for interfering his work. As she gets to know more about him, she gets to know how dangerous...
229K 12.2K 43
Jisoo, a quiet timid girl moves to Daegu hoping for a fresh start. But what happens when she meets a guy exactly like what she was running away from...
370K 12K 52
REMEMBER!! IT JUST A FANFICTION Park Jimin who is struggle to find a soulmate. He being with a lot of girls but still didn't find one. Until Jennie i...
7.4K 340 14
[Rosekook] Inside Rosie's journal, she dedicates entirely to him: the love of her life, but only in the end, letting him go and moving ahead in her l...