At first Sight; a one directi...

By Iwannahoranhug7

More

At first Sight; a one direction fanfiction

37 0 0
By Iwannahoranhug7

Chapter one

Shannon’s POV

                As I wait inside the stadium I count down the seconds until I finally get to meet them. Today is the day I get to come face to face with my favorite band, my inspiration, One Direction. As the doors slowly open, I get my first glimpse of their faces. They’re flawless.

                I have only been to one of their concerts before. I was right smack in the middle of the floor section. It was amazing. I relive the concert in a split second as I walk into the same room as them. I snap back into real life and realize that Niall, the member that I have always had a major crush on, stares at me. I walk closer to them to say hello.

                As I approach within five feet of them, Niall comes closer to me. I am stunned. “Hey,” I manage to say. I am trying not to fangirl in front of them, ‘cause I know they would not like that very much. He just continues staring, and I have the feeling in my gut that I have food or something on my face and I become suddenly embarrassed.

                “Hey. Nice to meet you! What’s your name?” Niall finally says in his amazing Irish accent that is so hard to resist. I have the sudden urge to leap forward and kiss him at that very moment. But it took every ounce of my self-control not to do just that.

                “Uh… Oh, right. My name. I’m, Uh, Shannon,” I say and smile trying to cover up my failure to introduce myself.

                He tries to stifle a laugh, but lets out a small cute chuckle. “Nice name. Are you Irish? “He questioned.

                “Yes. My father was Irish.” I say. “I love your accent.” I blurted out, embarrassed as soon as it came out of my mouth.

                “Ha-Ha. Thank you. You have a nice voice yourself.” As he said it, He winked at me. “I don’t want to keep you all to myself. You probably want to meet the other boys too.” Niall flashed his amazing smiled at me as he took my hand and led me toward the others. He introduced me and we all talked for a while.

                As the other girls and I were led out by security, Niall whispered something to the guard. The guard nodded and Niall took me by the hand and pulled me behind. The other girls gasped in jealousy. I was confused and shocked. Why would he choose me? I’m not complaining or anything, but the  others are beautiful, far prettier than me.

                Niall’s POV

                Once everyone is out of the room I ask the boys for a minute alone with Shannon. The look at me funny, with their ‘oooh you like her!’ look. I start to blush as they walk out. I am speechless as I look at her. I think maybe I should start off with a joke, to lighten the mood. But immediately decide against it.

                “So…” Shannon says, oblivious of my sparking feelings for her.

                “I think I love you.” I Say, Interrupting her thoughts. Her facial expression showed happiness and delight, but also confusion.

                “Really?” She Shannon asks.

                “When I first laid eyes on you I couldn’t speak. You are beautiful and even though I just met you, I know you have a very kind personality. I have never met a girl like you. “ I said pouring my heart into every word I spoke.

                “Wow. I am touched. You are amazing too. I have always wanted to meet you. You are so handsome and funny. Thank you, but  I have to go my mom will be wondering where I am. Here’s my phone number and twitter name. ” She said as she grabbed a piece of paper and pen from her bag. I assume it was there in hope of an autograph. But now it means much more. It’s a start of a beautiful story for us, I begin to think.

Chapter two

                Shannon’s POV

                As I get ready for bed, I cannot stop thinking about the burning passion I have for him. As I slip on my pajamas and slide into bed, I hear the low ring of my phone. A text message? This late? From who…? I think. I had forgotten that I had given Niall My Phone Number. I open the message and see it was from a number that was not in my contacts. I began to read the message. It Read:

Dear Shannon,

I hope that I see you at the concert tomorrow night. I replayed today in my head, and now I am sure I truly love you. You are amazing and I was hoping after the show, you would like to go out for dinner with me at a nearby diner.

I Love you,

Niall Horan

As I finished reading my heart was beating so fast. I could barely breathe. My world was spinning. Soon I regained control of myself and I called him because my hands are too shaky to write a reply. The phone only rang once before he answered.

                “Hey, princess,” Niall said, obviously jubilant that I had called him.

                “Hey, Hun,” I began. “I got your message and I would be happy to go out to dinner with you.”

                “Thank you! I am so excited. I really cannot wait to see your beautiful face again.”

                “Same to you. I would love to chat with you for endless hours, but you really need your sleep for the show tomorrow. The boys would agree with me too. Tell them all I said hi and I cant wait to see them again. Love you, babe. Goodnight.”

                “I love you too. Goodnight.” He said, yawning shortly after. He wouldn’t hang up first so he made me, which I found adorable, cute, and very attractive.

                I played the whole conversation back in my mind. I was so ecstatic because of the amazing events of the day , I couldn’t fall asleep. It took me hours. But, I came to the conclusion if I didn’t fall asleep, I wouldn’t be able to stay up for me and Niall’s date the next day. So I slowly drifted off to sleep. Chapter 3

Shannon's POV

When I woke up I groggily  walked over to the sink to get myself a glass of water. After I drank it, I started brushing my teeth. I could not get my mind off of Niall. Well, that's nothing new. Even before I met him I could never seem to pry him from my every thought. All of a sudden I reminded myself of our plans for tonight. I started to panick.

"oh crap... What am I going to wear tonight... What if my hair isn't right? What if I don't have time to take a shower in between the concert and our date!?" so many 'what ifs' are running through my mind... okay! I've decided to let the time come and just see what happens when tonight arrives. 

I shower and get dressed into my one direction outfit. It consists of my one direction shirt I got from the last concert, my shorts that I drew on with fabric marker, they say all they boys' names. Even my custom made one direction hat! I even decided to wear my converse, too. I wonder what Niall would say if he saw me... I threw that thought behind me as I walked down the hallway to the elevator.

As the elevator came to a stop at the lobby level, I strolled out of the hotel and onto the street in search of a good place for breakfast. I assumed that Niall would know a good place, because of his huge appetite. I started to call him, and yet again he answered within the first ring. I was shocked.

"Hey!" he said, obviously happy that I called. I was surprised I hadn't woken him up.

"Hey, Niall! I was wondering if you knew of any places nearby that serve breakfast."

"Yeah, I do!" he started. "It’s straight down the street and it will be on your right. You can't miss it,” he told me in a mischievous tone.

"I have a sneaking suspicion that you're hiding something..." I started.

"Oh... Nothing..." he said slyly. I could almost see the smile spreading across his face. Then he quickly hung up.

My stomach started growling as it started to rain. I broke into a run. I saw the diner coming up. I started to run into the parking lot when someone came up from behind me and grabbed me...

Chapter 4

Niall's POV

"Ahh!" she yelped in her cute little voice as I picked her up from behind. I started spinning her around in the rain. She started to laugh when she realized it was me. I slowly put her down on the ground.

She turned around and looked me straight in the eye. We were nose to nose. I had to fight the irresistible urge to kiss her in the rain.

"NEVER scare me like that AGAIN!" she shouted. I was stunned. Is she really mad at me? Then she started laughing. "Gotcha," she said followed by a little wink with her sparkling brown eyes. She grabbed hold of my red polo and our faces came closer, and closer...

Shannon's POV

As our lips met, I felt the warmth of his muscular arms caress me. This was my first kiss and I couldn't of asked for a better one. As we stood in the rain, our lips still in contact, I thought of how much I loved him, and how much I wanted to freeze time, and be like this forever. Too soon, for my liking our lips separated. We were still nose to nose. I could feel his warm breath on my neck as he stroked my hair. I pulled off his SnapBack and put it on my head, so I could play with his hair.

"I love you." we both said in unison. We chuckled together.

My stomach started I growl again as I realized that I had arrived here ten minutes ago for breakfast. Then I noticed I was soaked.

"Oh crap, I'm soaked and starving. Would you mind joining me for breakfast?" I asked.

"It would be my pleasure!" Niall exclaimed.

Chapter 5

Niall's POV

I slipped off my hoodie and wrapped it around her shoulders. I had noticed in the middle of our kiss that she was shivering. "Here," I said and handed her my hoodie. "Get on my back."

I walked in front of her and she listened. She hopped right up onto my back and I ran with her to the door of the diner. I put her down right inside the door.

"Thank you," she said and pecked me on the cheek.

 A waitress, she looked about 18, walked up to me and Shannon. "We will get you seated right away, Mr. Horan!"

"Oh, no. It's okay. Seat these people first," l said, gesturing towards the people in line in front of us.

She started, “are you sure, because-"

"Yes, I'm sure. We are normal people too." I stated, cutting the woman off. I flashed everyone a quick smile.

As we waited in line, we chatted about ourselves, getting to know each other better. I started falling more, and more for her with every word that came out of her mouth. 

Soon there was a table available for us. When the lady led us to our table she gave us a sweet smile and asked us what we wanted for drinks.

 After we had ordered food, we talked about other things we could do tonight, since we are eating out together this morning.

"Maybe we could go for a stroll in the park," Shannon suggested.

"Sounds like a mighty fine idea, love" I agreed.

"Maybe, if you're not busy, I could come with you to spend time with the boys. It would be great to get to know them."

"Sounds like a plan!" he agreed as we left money and a tip when we finished up our food.

Chapter 6

Shannon's POV

When we strolled out of the diner, Niall inched closer to me and put his arm around my waist. I mimicked him, and put my arm around his.

I couldn't help but tell him how much I loved him.

"Niall... I know I just met you... And this seems crazy. But you're my everything. And I never want to let you go. You are the nicest guy on the earth and I want to spend my whole entire life with you. I love you."

"Oh my gosh, Shannon..." Niall said as he stopped walking and turned towards me.

"Did I say something-?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth." he interrupted. Then he leaned in for a kiss...

Louis' POV

"There he is!" I exclaimed to the boys when I saw Niall and Shannon kissing on the sidewalk. "Wait shhhh..." I told them as I pulled onto the side of the road right behind the lovebirds.

"HEY YOU TWO! BREAK IT UP!”

Niall's POV

I leaned out of the kiss, laughing my head off. I knew Lou and the others would find me here sooner or later. Louis has the ability to stop everything and make everybody laugh, no matter what is going on!

“Hey guys,” I started as we hopped in the car and started cruising towards the hotel. “Shannon was wondering if you guys would like to hang out for a while.”

“Of course!” they all shouted one by one.

“Yeah, we have all wanted to meet your new girlfriend!” Harry said teasing me.

“Okay! That’s great. What do you guys want to do?”

“We should watch Toy Story!” Liam suggested.

“No Liam,” Zayn whined. ”We have seen that a billion times, with you!”

“Okay, then let’s hear your ideas,” Liam countered.

“Uh…” Zayn started.

By this time it had stopped raining. “Well you guys have sound check in an hour, so maybe we could go for a quick stroll in the park,” Shannon added in.

“Sounds like a plan!” Niall agreed.

All of a sudden Shannon’s phone rang. “Hello?” She answered. She started talking to the person on the other end,”Oh my goodness! I completely forgot! Hmm… I am hanging out with Niall and the boys,” She listened as the other person talked. “Yes, One Direction.” I heard a scream from the other end, as we walked into the hotel. Shannon covered up the speaker on the phone. “Niall? Would you mind if my friend Megan came along to the park?”

“I wouldn’t mind the slightest bit. We would love to meet her!” I said sincerely.

Shannon spoke into the phone once again, “Yeah, meet us in the park in about half an hour. See you there!” Then she hung up.

Chapter 7

Megan’s POV

            “I’m not the biggest fan of One Direction,” I thought. “But I am so excited to meet them because I know how much they mean to Shannon! I cannot believe she is dating Niall!” I finished that thought and pulled into the parking lot of the park.

             As I shut off the engine and got out of the car, I could see Niall pushing Shannon on the swings. I approached them and said, “Hey guys! How are you!”

            “Great thanks!” Zayn said along with Liam.

            Niall stopped the swing and let Shannon jump off. “Hey Megan!” Shannon said and gave me a big hug. Niall approached me and shook my hand.

            “Nice to meet you! Shannon has told me a ton about you!” Niall said introducing himself shortly after.

            “Hey, Megan! I’m Louis. Nice to meet you!” Louis stated.

            “Nice to meet  you all,” I said to all of them. Harry, I remember is his name from the endless times Shannon has talked to me about him, has not introduced himself to me. He was just staring. 

            Harry quickly looked at the ground and then back up at me. I guess he realized I saw him staring. He quickly walked over and gave me a hug. “Hey! I’m Harry! You’re… beautiful.” I remember Shannon telling me he was the flirty one. I’m not surprised.

            “Ha-Ha,” I let out a small laugh. “You’re not to bad yourself. Thank you.”  I walked over to the swing next to Shannon, and sat down. We all chatted for a while, Harry is very nice. He even started pushing me on the swing at one point.

            Shannon picked up her phone to check the time. “Oh no. If we don’t leave, lie right now, we will be late!” She exclaimed.

            “Okay, bye guys. Hopefully I will see you soon,” I mostly directed that at Harry and Shannon and Niall.

            “Same to you. Wait, here’s my number! Call me sometime,” Harry said with a wink as he scribbled numbers down on a paper.

            “Thanks,” I flashed him a quick smile.

Chapter 8

Shannon’s POV

            When me and the boys go back to the hotel we ran in together. We all jumped onto the elevator, and when we were almost at our floor, Niall embraced me from behind and said, “I love you. I can’t wait to see you again in a few hours. I’ll miss you.”

            Then the elevator door opened and I stepped out. I never thought I would meet a guy as amazing as Niall is. He is so kind and caring. I could barely keep myself together. Soon I found myself leaning up against the wall and sinking down to the floor. Crying. Just crying. Not because I was sad. But because I was so happy I had finally found a man who I really and truly loved. I am not able to put my love for him into words, and I don’t think I ever will be able to. He is amazing.

            Then I stood up and tried to put myself back together. I quickly wiped the tears off my face. I’m lucky I don’t wear makeup because I would have been a MESS. I strolled down the hallways counting the numbers on the doors as I walked by them.108, 109, 110. There it is. I fished the key out of my purse and unlocked the door. I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. I strode into the room and saw my mom with a towel on her head. She obviously just got out of the shower.

            “Hey, mom!” I said. I was praying to god that she didn’t notice my dried tears.

            “Hey, sweetie!” She exclaimed. She seemed happy to see me. “Where have you been all day.”

            “Oh no… I forgot to tell you my plans?!”

            “Oh, it’s all right.” My mom assured me.

            I told her about my day and everything Niall had said to me. I even started crying again at one point.

            “Honey, why are you crying? It’s okay. He seems like an amazing boy!” My mom told me.

            “I know!” I started. I had stopped the tears but I couldn’t stop sniffling. “That’s the point. I don’t want to lose him. I know we just met, but he is the best part of me.”

            “Well, you are an amazing girl. And you need to know that. It seems from what you told me, that he loves you very much. I don’t think he will be leaving anytime in the future. He loves you.” My mom told me while stroking my hair, just as Niall had done earlier today.

            “Okay,” I said as I checked the time. “Goodness. If I don’t get dressed I will be late!”

            I ran over to my suit case and grabbed my outfit that I packed specially for the sound check. It was an orange dress that went down to my mid thighs. It was from Aeropastale. I also brought along a belt to put on above my waist. I jogged into the bathroom to change. I walked out and asked my mom what she thought of the outfit.

            “You look… Uh… I’m speechless, Shannon. That dress looks amazing on you! Here, wear my black heels with it.”

            “Thank you, mom!” I said as I pulled on the heels and ran out the door.

            I couldn’t stop checking the time on my phone. I couldn’t be late. I had to go fast, but not too fast because I would break my legs with these heels! I made it into the sound check right as they just got on the stage. Niall was in the middle of speaking as I walked in.

Chapter 9

Niall’s POV

            She came in a second late, but it didn’t matter. When I saw her walk in the door I paused. I just stopped, in the middle of my sentence. She looked… There are no words to describe it. She was just stunning. Then Liam nudged me and I started speaking again. But I could not take my eyes off of her. I just couldn’t. The other girls at the sound check seemed to notice too. They seemed very jealous. But I didn’t care. And she didn’t seem to either. She wouldn’t take her eyes off of me. This day has been perfect… and what she doesn’t know is, it will get better from here. That thought put a gigantic smile on my face. And she smiled right back at me. From then on I couldn’t stop smiling. Her beautiful smile is contagious. I wonder if she knows how beautiful she is.

Chapter 10

Shannon’s POV

As the sound check ended, Niall waved me over and I walked up to where he was on the stage. “Hey Shannon,” Niall started. “I just wanted to see you before the concert started,’ he said followed by a small peck on the cheek.

            “Okay,” I smiled. “Megan wanted to say hi to Harry after the concert. Can you tell him for me? She really likes him.”

            “I know,” Niall replied. “I can tell by the way she looks at him. I can tell you love me too.”

            “Can you? So… You can tell, by the way that I look at you, that I want to be with you forever and ever? Because that’s true. That is what I want.” I stated happily.

            “Oh really? Because I was thinking just the same thing,” Then we kissed for a little bit.

            “Hey! Niall! We need to get ready for the concert. Come on,” Liam told him.

            “Sorry. I don’t want to make you late! I love you,” I told him.

            “I love you too!” He hollered to me as Liam pulled him backstage.

Chapter 11

Still Shannon’s POV

Almost end of the concert

            The boys start to sing their last song. I couldn’t take my eyes off him the whole concert. You should know who ‘him’ is by now!  I almost fainted during his solos. I swear his voice sounds like one of God’s angels singing down from above. He is truly gifted. And I’m not just saying that because he is famous, or my boyfriend. But because he truly is. And I hope he knows it.

            I had spaced out thinking of how amazing he is for  half of the last song. Oops. But, now the song is ending. Niall is walking up to the front… What is he going to say? I thought the concert was over. They already said thank you and stuff… weird…

            “I would like to ask one of you a question,” Niall said. What is he doing? This is so weird. “Shannon, Where are you?” everyone knew my name by now. Gossip travels fast now a day. Everyone turned and looked at me. Their jaws just, dropped. I raised my hand slowly and shyly. I hate attention from a lot a people. Then he continued, “I was wondering if… wait… one second.” He got on his knee and pulled something out of his pocket. The whole front row at the concert gasped.

            “This is a promise ring. I want to promise you that one day, we will get married. I would propose to you but that is just too much right now. I want to marry you when we’ve finished the tour. So that it won’t have to be a quick planning for the wedding. I want it to be perfect. You deserve it. I want to be with you forever. And I’m sure of it. I love you, Shannon. Now, what do you say?”

            I was completely and utterly stunned. Tears were welling up in my eyes. I am the luckiest girl in the universe. He is an amazing man. “Yes…” I manage to squeeze out. It felt as if my throat was dried out. I could barely speak.

            “YES! SHE SAID YES!” a fan screamed. There was uproar in the stadium. The girls next to me all pulled out their phones and tweeted about what had just happened. ‘This is the best week of my life,’ I thought.

            Niall slowly walked into the crowd, trying to find me. I was surprised no security guards came with him. All of the girls seemed so happy for him.

            When he got over to me, we hugged and kissed, while fans snapped billions of pictures of us. As he hugged me one last time before security had to lead him away, he whispered, “I love you. It was love at first sight.”

Epilogue

If you were wondering, Shannon and Niall did grow up and become married. They had two children. A boy and a girl. They both had Shannon’s brown hair, but Niall’s sparkling blue eyes.  Niall and Shannon Loved and cared for them. They are such a happy couple. They spent their whole life together after that concert. She even came along on the tour with One Direction.

            And if you are a very curious child, then you would want to know about Megan and Harry. Yes. They did get married too. They fell deeply in love with each other and now live a happy life with their one child.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

838K 39.7K 26
1950s. ***Story contains mature scenes and Hindi phrases which are not translated in english*** Abhigyan Singh, a Sarpanch of the village named 'Tara...
4.8M 108K 45
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π’πžπœπ«πžπ­ π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ Haze De Luca is the scariest, heartless, most popular boy in the school. Every-time he sees he...
1M 67.2K 33
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
342K 7.8K 170
Gu Zi transmigrated into a novel and became a character in a story about a true and false rich heiress . While others who transmigrated into novels b...