Life at 300 Mph

By MayDeaf

When a Group of Racers were recruited by a shady scientist to race in a Science Fiction World against Robots... More

Street Rats
The Invite
The Trip To Nowhere

Neon Night

78 2 0
By MayDeaf

1 1/2 Years later

In The Night, California's Downtown Street is crowded with Tuned Cars, Groups of People going around the Racing Scene, and Street Racers Ready to take on their currently absent Opponents...

The Street Rats.

"Street Rats Huh?, those rats better be ready to get Smoked by Me!" A Confident, burly hispanic racer spoke.

"Whoa, Hey Hey! You Clearly don't wanna mess with them, Hector" His friend said, trying to hold him back

"Alright? They are a group you don't wanna mess with, They are clearly way better than You, Hey I saw what their cars can Do, no one can outrun them, Not even the Cops, No One I said, No One"

Hector let out a baritone laugh, and slapped his knee, "Really? I'd like to see them take on Me." He proudly said.

"Whoa Man, I Warned Ya, they are better in every way... Cars, Techniques, everything... I'd tell ya man, I'd tell ya"

"I wanna see them for myself" He said pridefully, "I'd Like to see them keep up with my Car" he said, Jerking his thumb back to his Hot Rod.

"Alright, suit yourself" Hector's friend said as he turns aroundand walked away, Same goes to Hector when he goes to his car.

By the Time he puts his hand on the door Handle, A Sports Car and a Neon Illuminated Drift car has arrived in the Racing scene.

Namely the Torque Screw and Drift 24/7, with a Platinum Blond Woman and an African American Hauling a Device of his creation out of his Car's Trunk

"And the Main Event is starting" Hector said under his Breath, with a smile on his face.

He then Approaches the two Drivers that just climbed out of their cars, Snickering at every step, "So You two are going to race me?" He Said in a challenging tone.

"Not Us, But Mute" the Platinum Blond said, leaning against her car and her arms crossed.

A face of Confusion replaces Hector's facade, until a fade screeches of tyres answered the question in His head.

A Red and Black Tuner Car with Neon Paintjob and a dark Red underglow pulls up besides the two cars, turning the Engine off.

A Man, in his Early 20's Climbed out of the Car with a Stern Expression giving the impression that Nothing can faze him

With excitement in his eyes, Hector's lips slowly formed a Smile

Unbeknownst to both party, another Racer is approaching fast.

------

Like Wildfire, Rumours about a race is spreading faster than a Grand Prix Racecar going on 200 Miles Per hour, A Main Reason for one person to Speed down the Streets.

Everything was a bit eery silent, until a Carbon Fiber Bodied car with Green neon decals just rocketed on the blacktop.

Its Driver, was a bit mad that her teammates kept her in the Dark about a Race tonight.

She angrily slammed back her shifter, while focusing on the road ahead.

Tattooed forearm gripping the Shift Knob with a little anger.

As she sped through the road, She was Certain that her Brother kept it that way so nothing bad can happen to her

Like That Time...

~~Flashback~~

'C'mon, Ray'

She begged to her Brother to let her race a Challenger, Back Then she hadn't had a Tattoo on her forearm yet

'Kira, No'

Her Brother said, with an uneasy tone in his voice

'I know I can beat the Guy, Just let me race him, Please'

'No, as Your Older Brother, I'm the one who will race him, after all, You're still my Kid Sister'

He said as He ruffles His younger Sister's hair

'I'm not a Kid anymore, Raymond!'

She snapped, Slapping the hand on her head away.

The Scene Changes to three Cars, Raymond, Kira and The Challenger's, Being Chased by the Police

The Challenger wasn't happy to see Kira's Car in front of him and decided to knock her car out of Control by sideswiping her, causing her to crash to a pole and killing her car's engine.

Raymond looked back with wide eyes and slammed the Brakes, Stopping him and slides sideways before going back to get His sister out of her Now-Wrecked car, With the Challenger Sped past him.

If only he was Faster, The Cops wouldn't have surrounded her and handcuffed his Sister.

Ray's car slides sideways to let him see the cops arresting Kira and shoving her into the cruiser, Ray had no Choice but to Escape with A Cruiser on his tail.

~~Flashback Ends~~

"Sorry Bro, but I'm not going to sit idly while my teammates are in the Racing Scene" She sternly said, shifting gears while flying on the asphalt

------

"Man, I should've parked a little closer to the Starting line, It's tiring to walk from there to here while lugging a- Whoa!!" Eli's Ranting was cut off by a Metallic Black and Green Car zooming past him, nearly running over his toes, or worse if he was unlucky

The Black car then stopped beside the red tuner, with its window down.

"You Didn't tell me we were Racing tonight!" The Driver yelled, angry at the fact that she was left behind in the garage without a Single Note

"You didn't listen, we tried to tell you" The Red Tuner's Driver replied, shifted his gear and slowly passes her.

"What Kind of Reason was that, I wanna Know, I know you were Superstitious!" She yelled and smacked her Steering wheel.

By the Time Eli had reached the starting line he set down his Gizmo on the Asphalt and flipped a switch but it didn't do anything.

"Oh, Come on..." he muttered in Irritation, flipping the switch back and forth multiple times, but nothing worked.

He slammed his fist at his contraption and stood up, kicking the creation.

The Impact had kickstarted the gizmo, evidently by a Red light erects from the small contraption, with joy he raises his hands in the air and shouted in Victory, quickly remember what he should do next, he hastily reaches for a walkie talkie and a button.

"This Is Eli, The Road Clear yet?" He yelled at the device.

The two racers was near the starting line, and repeatedly revving their engines, bit by bit they were moving forward.

The Rivals looked at each other, making a brief eye contact before focusing on the road ahead of them.

Mute took a Deep Breath, trying to keep his heart from beating any faster than normal.

His Opponent cracked his neck and smiles confidently, he was Certain that he can beat Mute.

He heard that No One can beat Mute or the Street Rats, it entices him more to race them to see what they can do.

Fingers tapping the steering wheel and repetitive Revving from Hector's modded V8 indicates that he was confident, and Impatient to beat the Tuner.

"These Two dudes are Itching to go, Is The Road Clear now?!" Eli screamed at the device on his hand, clear anxiety was visible in his face.

He doesn't want to be in the middle of the race track but he have to because the Remote was attached to the device via cable, "I wish this thing is wireless..." He whispered, in despair.

"Kssh, All Clear!" The Voice in the Walkie Talkie replied, in an Instant Eli pressed the button, lighting the Green Light.

The Two drivers wasted no time to stomp on the gas pedal, Smoke bursts from their tyres and zooms past the red light and the Poor Man.

The two cars just disappears from the first corner, the Screeches the tyres made from sliding on the blacktop and the Engine noises slowly fades out, "Here They Come!!" Eli Warned the guy on the Walkie talkie, with uneasiness in his voice.

Kira, who just saw the two cars sped off from the starting line shifted her gears, in Heather's mind she was going to go after them, but it turns out she was going to position her car next to hers and Eli's.

'That was unusual' Heather Thought, with a Raised Eyebrow and a questioning facade as her eyes locked on to the Carbon Fiber Car

Once it stopped, the Engine is still on, raising suspicion as Heather heard a very faint clicking noise from under the car.

Her eyes went wide and quickly pounded Kira's window, "Hey, Get out of there, Now!" She yelled while repeatedly pounding the glass.

Kira looked at the Platinum Blond with a Grin carved on her face and zooms past the starting line, And Eli

"KIRA!" The Platinum Blond yelled, rushing in to her Drift Car, and goes after the Speeding Kira

"Wha-oh! Hey, Watch It!" He yelled, Shaking his fist at Kira as she rockets past the Boy, Followed by Heather's zooming past him.

Eli just eyed at the two road rockets that just disappeared in the first Corner, before sighing and Sprints towards his car, which was parked far from the starting line.

Unfortunate maybe an Understatement for Eli...

Far Ahead, Raymond's Car was hogging the first place, leaving Hector's Hot Rod tailing behind Him

Hector was not pleased by the Sight of Ray's Tail Lights in front of him, furiously shifts his gear to overtake the leading Red Car at a Sharp Corner.

Ray and Hector slides through the Corner But Hector took the turn a little too wide leaving him washed out and struggling to regain Control of his car.

He angrily Groaned and furrowed his eyebrows, Focusing on the Red Car in front of Him.

Ray took a deep breath and kept his Focus on the road ahead of Him, with two words repeating on his head

'Stay Focused'

Ray took a Glance at the rear view mirror to see that Hector was drafting behind him, 'He's Drafting to reduce the wind resistance around his car and attempting to slingshot past me, Smart' He thought as Hector's Car slowly approaching his rear bumper, He Slyly smiled as His eyes saw the sharp corner in front of him.

His Car turned - or Should we say - Slide around the Corner, Throwing Hector off and spun his car into a stop.

Hector, with a Rocky and uneven breath, repeatedly slamming his fist to his steering wheel in frustration, He Groaned and angrily ruffles his hair, He snarled at the now-faraway Red tuner car and grabbed the Ignition Key.

Just before he restarts his car, a Black and Green car drifted past him, followed by a Cyan and Yellow Drift Car, and a Grey Car with a blown engine and faint Orange vinyl outline turned too wide nearing his car and drived past him.

Far Ahead, With Ray unaware that His sister slowly gaining on him, until the sight of Kira's car and glowing Tribal Decal appeared in his rear view Mirror.

'Oh No' Was the first thing that came to his mind by the exact thing he didn't want to see tonight.

Kira's Nerve Hammer slowly nearing Ray's near bumper but it never touched it, for the Drafting is just to slingshot past him, Kira and Ray were Toe-to-Toe, trying to pass eachother.

With Each other was trying to fully pass each other, a thing was floating in the middle of the road with the two siblings trying to pass one another.

"Whoa!" Ray Yelped as he slammed his brakes and raise his handbrake to stop his car, along With Kira until they both collided and wiped out of the Road and hitting things on the streetside.

Ray's Car hits the Barrier and got his car mildly dented and his paint scratched while Kira's car just dinged a lamppost, scratched a bit of her paint and a few dents on the rear and front fenders.

Both of them had no colours on their faces and gripping their steering wheels tightly while slowly breathing, the sounds of familiar engines and tyre screeches snapped them out of their state of shock.

Eli ran to Ray's car to check if he was okay, he peeked on his driver side window to see that the colours on Ray's face has been flushed into a pale colour.

"Oh God... This ain't good" He Said as he snaps his fingers in front of Ray's face, "Hey, Snap out of It, Buddy"

Ray quickly shook his head and grogilly climbed out of his Car, Eli was right beside him to catch him if he falls from the shock.

Kira was the quickest one to Recover, she was still in shock after what happened, but She's Tough, She can handle herself. And she might need an Ice Pack for her head.

The Platinum Blonde then approaches the floating Robot, "Who are You?"

"I am Gig, Dr. Tezla's Personal Assistant" the Robot replied with a Flat tone that no one can be exactly sure if he's lying or not.

"Whoa Whoa Whoa, Hold on a minute... Did You say, Tezla?" Eli shot a question, with an eyebrow Cocked and two fingers pointed at the robot

"Yes, and Doctor Tezla needs you" the Robot replied.

"Oh Really, After setting us to make a team to race in a street and You said He needs us, Who the hell did You think we are?!" Kira Snapped, not exactly liked the Idea of being told to go Somewhere just to meet up with people She barely know, knowing her Brother's minor trust issues.

"Dr. Tezla needed to make sure his Racers are prepared" Gig replied, a bit agitated than before.

"He Needs you now and it's Urgent" He said, the Racers in front of him looked at him, and then to each other

They all Huddle up and coming up with a plan "So, Who Should go and Who should stay? I'm Voting on Staying" Eli raised his hand, the three of his teammates looked at him and glanced at each other.

"How about This, Me and Heather will go to whatever place he told us to go" Kira Suggested, Ray Silently disagrees because the last time She was not on his sight, She'd joined his Race which He instructed NOT to crash.

"Okay, Just let the Girls go and the Boys stay, I can work with that!" Eli Happily added, he finds going to Alien teritorry Stressful, not Only that, He had a bit of a Suspicion towards this Tezla Guy.

"Wait, whoa Whoa Whoa... You think I'll just go with your plan? I mean, Kira would probably the first one to mess up" Heather said, not too harshly, but a bit too far in Ray's ears

Kira Looked at Ray and puts her hand on his Shoulder, "Relax Ray, I can Take care of Myself" She said, "Besides, Like you always taught me, Bail out if Anything is Off"

Ray let out a relieved exhale and slowly shook his head, a small smile was carved on his face.

Kira Smiled and Heather Groaned lowly, "Alright, Let's go with your plan..."

The two Girls then turned to face Gig
With determined eyes.

"Alright, Give us the Name of the Place".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 1.1K 25
"That's because.. you're weak!" "I'll surpass you! I certainly will!" [Kaiju no.8 various x !Gojo reader] Gojo Y/n , despite her silly demeanor there...
22.6K 953 7
After Drogon flew her away, Daenerys believed she was done, that the gods had enough. She would later laugh at the irony. ๐Ž๐‘ Daenerys Targaryen is...
79.3K 6.4K 146
Admin แ€†แ€ฎแ€€ แ€แ€ฝแ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€•แ€ผแ€ฏแ€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€™แ€›แ€žแ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธ free แ€แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€„แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€ทแ€™แ€šแ€บ admin แ€แ€ฝแ€ฑ แ€œแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€„แ€บ แ€–แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€•แ€ซแ€™แ€šแ€บแ‹ Start date -21โ€ข4โ€ข2024(Sunday) End date-
42.3K 1.6K 34
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...