The Player Game

By SnowyRoses

'Whoever falls in love first loses.' When daring Emily Rosser meets the arrogant player, Aaron Nichols, the t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Upcoming Story

Chapter 5

55.5K 1.5K 228
By SnowyRoses

“Where are you going?”

“Outside.”  I look at Micky with a duh expression.

Balancing my burger and coke bottle in one arm, I attempt to zip up my purse and put it in my pocket.  As you can tell, I’m an incredibly healthy person.  By some miracle, I manage to get my purse safely in my jeans pocket without dropping anything.  I should become a circus juggler.  It’s not easy mastering the art of paying and holding food at the same time.  Re-juggling the food to an easier position - one in each hand-  I notice that Micky is staring at me.

“What?”

He’s seriously beginning to worry me with all this staring.

He swiftly pays for his hotdog, showing up my juggling skills before following me to the exit.  I ignore the group of girls waving at Micky as we pass.  I roll my eyes, looking back at him to comment on his popularity.

My mouth drops open a centimetre as I catch him winking at the table.  Immediately a few girls gasp, others squealing and looking as though they’re about to faint.

For God’s sake.  Does he not know the effect he can have on girls?

I slow down, grabbing his hand and rolling my eyes at his flirty behaviour.  I drag him by the hand to the exit, ignoring his complaints the whole way.  When I reach the door, I practically push him through before continuing down the corridor.

His hazel eyes look at me with a mix confusion and anger. “What was that for?”

“What was that for?” I snort, repeating his question.  “You do realize that you have a girlfriend now?”

“Yeah…”

I take in his blank expression.

“And you think I’m naïve,” I sigh, clucking my tongue as though telling off a naughty schoolboy.  “Number one rule of dating a girl.” I raise my finger importantly.  “Never flirt with other girls, especially those that are preppy or cheerleaders.  It’s not nice or cool.”

“I wasn’t flirting.  I only-”

“Winking counts as flirting,” I interrupt, pushing open another set of doors and stepping outside.

I squint against the bright sun, my eyes travelling over the football pitch.  A group of guys in black football shirts are already sprinting across the field, throwing the ball from one to another.

I can tell which one is Aaron just by looking.  It’s obvious that he’s the one at the edge, showing off for the group of cheerleaders sat on the slope.  Typical him.

“Are we going on that slope?”  Micky looks skeptically at the cheerleaders shrieking as someone’s soda explodes all over them.

“Yeah.”  It seems like I’m persuading myself rather than him.  “It’s a.. nice sunny spot.”

Am I kidding myself?

Ignoring his doubtful expression, I start trudging across the overgrown green.  They really should cut this grass.  It’s a danger hazard.  For all I know, it could be infested with a deadly type of venomous snake.

I can imagine it now; innocent schoolgirl eaten by foreign lethal snake.  Now that would be a killer headline.  Killer, hah!  What a clever pun, I congratulate myself, chuckling at my own wit.

“Emily!”

My thoughts are interrupted, moving from poisonous snakes to reality as I look around for the source of noise.

The voice is too far away… too low for Micky…

Then I spot the figure on the football pitch.  A guy in a black jersey is waving eccentrically in my direction, shouting my name.

Even from here I can see those blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

A smile playing around my lips, I stop in my tracks to wave back.  It amuses me how the cheerleaders are already giving me the dirtiest looks they can muster.  Who knew playing with a Player could get me so many enemies?

“Not him again,” Micky grumbles beside me.

“He’s your cousin,” I point out, giggling as he performs a trick with the football and fails.

I feel a stare on my face.

“Did you just giggle?” he asks with disbelief clear in his voice.  Warily, he runs a hand through his hair.  “God, he’s turning you into one of those ditzy giggling fan girls.”

I slap his arm.  “You did not just call me a giggling fan girl!  You jerk!  Take that back.”  I begin slapping him with both hands until he raises his arms in defeat.

“Alright, alright!”  He holds my wrists to stop me injuring him further.  “Calm your tits. I take it back, okay?”

“Good,” I pout.

His hazel eyes flicker down to the football pitch.  “I think it’s about time you went and joined your football friend.”

I follow his gaze to where Aaron is waving me over impatiently.

“Oh, yeah.” I laugh.  “You coming down?”

“Nah.”  He shrugs.  “You go and win your stupid Player Game, Emmy-Poo.”

I smirk as he tweaks my nose fondly, letting him take my burger and coke from my hands.  "I'll eat these for you."

I laugh.  Trust him to be greedy.  “See you Micky Mouse!” I grin and high-five him before I bolt it down the slope to the football pitch, all thoughts of eating forgotten.

“Hey Player!” I greet Aaron cheerfully with a hug.

“Whoa, steady.”  I feel him pat my back lightly.  “I know I’m sexy, but there’s no need to throw yourself at me.”

I pull away, raising my eyebrows. “Sweaty isn’t sexy.”  I look at his sweat-covered face pointedly.

“Sweaty isn’t sexy?” He fakes a crestfallen face.  “Does that mean little Emily doesn’t think I’m sexy?”

I’m lying of course.  Sweaty is incredibly sexy.  Especially when that person is clad in football gear   and their name is Aaron Nichols.

A mischievous smirk appears across his face.  I stare at him for a second, realizing too late what he’s planning to do.

Somehow I manage to manoeuvre sideways, rolling onto the floor as his arms close in on thin air.  Hastily, I scramble to my feet, planning to sprint away from the football pitch.  I only make it a couple of metres before Aaron tackles me to the floor, landing on my back.  That’s the second time in one day I’ve been in this position.

Yay life.

“Got you!” he exclaims with joy.

“Natss nott phair,” I mumble, my voice muffled in the grass.  Unfortunately there’s no lemony scent for me to enjoy here, just the stench of dirt and… grass.

“What?”

“Natss nott phair!” I shout louder, trying to get a breath of air.  I kick my legs out to show that I want to get up.

Seeming to realize my intention, he has the grace to get off and stand up.

“About time,” I grumble, lifting my head and pushing myself onto my knees.  “Seriously though, dude.  That’s the second time today.  Are you obsessed with jumping on top of people?”

All I get in reply is a smirk.

“Are you even going to offer me a hand up?” I rant, dusting grass off my blazer.  “A gentleman would help a girl- argh!”

Without warning, the ground disappears from underneath my feet as a pair of strong arms lifts me into the air.

“Put me down!” I yell, kicking my legs wildly at his knees.  Now that I’m lifted up off the ground, I’m actually the same height as Aaron.  Which is the reason why I’m staring into a pair of sparkling blue eyes.

I really wish there could be another way to describe them.  But only that one word comes to mind.

Sparkling.

He is just a sparkling guy.  Though hopefully not the Vampire type.

His lips rise into a smirk, giving me an excuse to look at them.  Who knew that guys could have sexy lips?  These lips are definitely sexy personified.  A natural baby pink, both parts plump and very kissable.

Oh, God.

This Game is about not falling in love.  Thinking about his sexy lips isn’t going to help me.

“Come on,” he shouts, and I rip my gaze away from his lips as he speaks.  “Time to meet the boys!”

Two minutes later, after being carried bridal style onto the football pitch; I’m stood in the middle of a group of eleven guys, the very muscular, player-filled football team.

It’s an understatement to say that I’m slightly self conscious.

“This is Emily.” Aaron smirks, completely at ease despite my unease.  “Emily, these are the guys.”

“So that’s your name!” Harry exclaims, grinning at me in an adorable way.  I can’t help but grin back.  No wonder Harry is Aaron’s best friend.  I’ve only met him today, and already he’s likable in my mind. “I’m Harry.”  He extends a hand for me to shake.

Suddenly, though, he is shoved forward, knocked into me by the person behind.  I stumble backwards into the group of guys stood behind me.

“Just give her a hug, mate!  Chicks love touching football players,” Bradley’s unmistakable voice booms.  He winks at me suggestively, smirking, yet his grey eyes are as cold as ice.  I realise that he's the one who pushed Harry.

I resist the urge to glare, isntead rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.  “In your dreams.”

A couple of people snigger, others laughing loudly.

“I like her,” Jerry decides, slinging an arm around my shoulders friendlily.

Another guy shouts out from behind us, “She’s feisty!”

I roll my eyes.  Boys are so strange.  Of all things, they point out that I’m feisty?

Aaron smirks for a second before suddenly shoving Jerry backwards into a group of the guys who push him forward, guffawing.

“I get to put my arm around Emily.”  He smirks arrogantly, as though proud of having me with him.  “She’s my babe.  Aren’t you, Emi?”

“Emi?” I raise my eyebrows as he steers us out of the huddle of football players.    I don’t bother to look back at them as we leave.  “That’s a new one,” I say.

“I think I like it,” he muses.  “Emi.  It’s cute.”

“You’re giving me a nickname?”

He nods in response.  “Which means you have to give me a nickname too,” he points out.

I think for a minute.  “What about Arrogant Aaron?” I ask.

“No.”

“Ooh, I know!  Aeros Aaron.  You like Aeros chocolate, right?”

“No and no,” He pauses to open the door to the football pitch which has closed.  “I was thinking more along the lines of Mr. Sex God…”

HEEEYY SOUL SISTER, I DON'T WANNA MISS A SINGLE THING YOU DOOOO TONIGHT.  HEEY-AAY, AAY-AY-AY-AY-AY! 

Catchiest song EVER.

And guess what?  I'M GONNA BE FOURTEEN IN EIGHT HOURS.  Gimme some love? <3

*Cheerleader voice*

Give me a C.  Give me an O.  Give me a M M E N T!  Give me a V O.  Give me a T E.  Give me a F A N!   

Love you!  Oh, and dedication to the awesome @Monopanda for making me LMAO at her comments. xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 92 10
Aaron Jaxter is a player. He always gets the girl, but he never keeps her. Jess Harden is a daredevil. She's stubborn, sarcastic, and doesn't care ab...
3.3M 43.8K 16
Player's Game | Book 1 | 3.3M on 19.03.2018 | IN PROGRESS OF EDITING 2020 "Continue to play along babe" he smirked down at me before he pecks me on t...
14.9K 211 23
Rule 1) We have to be available to the other player unless it's an emergency. Rule 2) You can't play this game or do anything with anybody else duri...
446K 16.6K 44
[COMPLETED] "Why people would ever choose to sleep with someone as vexatious as you is beyond my imagination," I scoffed. "Careful." He smirked. "It...