Parental Supervision °showki°

By cutleryy

Kihyun is trying his hardest to be a single parent and take care of Changkyun, and he was doing a perfectly d... More

INTRODUCTION-A/N
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten

chapter eleven

6K 391 316
By cutleryy

Something was definitely off since Changkyuns birthday party.

The first couple of days were fine afterwards, but then... then Hyunwoo noticed it. And he wasn't sure how he could've missed it, this strange and confusing phenomenon that he had never witnessed in all their two years together.

Kihyun was being...

Needy.

Ordinarily, that's not a problem. But that's for 'ordinary' people, and Kihyun was far from that.  See, Kihyun took pride in doing things himself and staying as independent as possible. That was just how he worked.

And in a way, it was one of his charming factors. Hyunwoo would've liked it if Kihyun was needy sometimes, but that just didn't really happen.

Emphasis on 'didnt', because it was now. And Hyunwoo had no idea why.

"Hyunwoooo~" Kihyun drawled, his back to the other in bed. "I'm thirsty."

Hyunwoo squinted. Usually Kihyun would mumble to himself about getting water, and kick his way out of the sheets and get it himself.

He wasn't going to complain though, he liked doing things for Kihyun. But this shift was just so weird.

"Do you want ice?" Hyunwoo moved the blanket aside to get up, and Kihyun grumbled back a 'no' in response.

A minute and several tip toes later Hyunwoo returned to Kihyun who was sitting up now, apparently waiting for the other to get back. Hyunwoo offered the cup and Kihyun took it wordlessly.

He watched the shorter as he sat back down on the bed, trying to figure what he could have missed.

Should he ask if something's wrong? Is that a good idea? What if it's nothing and that would just make Kihyun mad at him? What if Hyunwoo was supposed to know what was wrong already? Oh no.

"What do you want?" Kihyun said, suddenly at a startling proximity. Hyunwoo didn't even notice when that happened, he must've been too caught up in his own mind.

"Huh? I was thinking." He bit the inside of his cheek, trying very hard not to let it slip. But Kihyuns sharp X-ray eyes must've seen that.

In a very un-Kihyun way, the smaller draped his arms around Hyunwoo's shoulders, raising his eyebrows. "About?"

Don't don't don't-

"Ever since Changkyuns party you've been a bit different and I just wanted to know why-"

Hyunwoo stopped the second he saw Kihyuns expression.

No, it wasn't the 'I'm going to rip you apart and feed you to the neighbors dogs' look that he was accustomed to, but a more melancholy sadness, or maybe concern that Hyunwoo had actually noticed in the first place, as if it was a well kept secret.

Kihyuns arms fell from around Hyunwoo's shoulders. "It-it's nothing." He tried, but his voice was just barely an octave too high for that statement to be true.

Honestly all Hyunwoo had to do was meet eyes with Kihyun and hold them, letting the silence do all the asking.

He expected Kihyun to roll his eyes and say it was something like how Hyunwoo kept leaving the milk out and that he was annoyed about it, or he had hurt his back and had been hiding it hoping it'd heal.

What Hyunwoo expected did not happen.

Instead Kihyun's shoulders sagged as he tore his eyes away from Hyunwoo's, looking straight up at the ceiling instead with a small quiver.

"I just..." his hands made a half hearted gesture in his lap, as if it'd help explain. Hyunwoo could've sworn he saw tears in his eyes, as Kihyun left his head fall into his hands. "I'm sorry it's nothing."

Hyunwoo knew a lot better than to believe him. He scooted up to Kihyun, cautious incase he would get hit at first but then realized he was safe, and delicately pulled Kihyun over and to his lap.

It was easy to do, Kihyun was light. Not as light as when they had met, no, Hyunwoo was watching to make sure he ate now, at least Kihyun was a healthy weight.

Hyunwoo encircled Kihyun in his arms, laying his cheek on the top of his soft mousy hair, which faintly smelt of Changkyuns strawberry shampoo.

"What's wrong?" Hyunwoo asked softly, as Kihyun tried to worm his way closer to Hyunwoo, dropping his arms around the olders' waist.

"Minsung." Kihyun responded quietly, playing with the hem of Hyunwoo's shirt in one hand, the other splayed against the small of his back, sending warm happy little tingles all through Hyunwoo's skin.

Hyunwoo furrowed his eyebrows a little. "What's wrong with Minsung?"

This comment apparently deserved a smack to his exposed skin.

"Nothing!" Kihyun hissed, and Hyunwoo winced. Kihyun took a second to relax again in his arms. "He's perfect." He said in a smaller voice this time, a sadder voice.

Now, Hyunwoo was fairly confused. If Minsung was perfect how was there a problem?

He tried to tread carefully as he figured out wording before speaking. "So what's wrong?" Even thinking about it for a minute didn't help very much.

But Kihyun was quiet for a prolonged moment, and Hyunwoo started to get concerned.

He pulled away a little, just to be able to see his face, but Kihyun was hiding it in Hyunwoo's chest.

"Kihyun?" Hyunwoo spoke again, hoping for some reaction. He felt Kihyuns hands close into fists.

Slowly when Kihyun looked up, there were tears coming down the sides of his face.

And a little sob broke the silence.

And a little piece of Hyunwoo's heart with it.

Instinctively a hand went up to wipe away his tears, cradling the side of his face. "Hey, hey, what's wrong babe?" Hyunwoo tried, softly kissing his cheek which tasted a bit salty.

Kihyun sucked in a breath, but the more he tried to stop the worse it seemed to be. "A baby." He choked out, leaning as close into Hyunwoo's touch as he could. "I-I... I want a baby."

At this point Hyunwoo paused. He searched Kihyuns still tear stained and sniffling face, and knew there was no way he wasn't being honest. He really did want a baby.

"You-you want a baby?" Hyunwoo didn't mean to stutter, it just sort of happened that way. Kihyun tried to set his jaw in that familiar look of determination, but a bit less intimidating with the quiver.

"I miss it," he hiccuped slightly, trying to blink away the tears and feeling bad for not being able to. "Holding a baby, when Changkyun was a baby. Having a baby. And holding Minsung... it reminded me how much I miss it."

Kihyun rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand, even though it wasn't all that helpful.

"You want to adopt like Hoseok and Hyungwon?" Hyunwoo asked and received an instant nod.

"Wait no," Kihyun paused, sucking in a breath to calm himself. "Not me. Us, stupid."

Hyunwoo couldn't help smiling. Us.

"We should adopt a baby then," Hyunwoo said finally, and Kihyun threw his arms up around Hyunwoo's shoulders, and kissing him square on the lips with the happy innocent sort of love.

"Wait-" Hyunwoo tried to get out between kisses, seeing this new side of Kihyun that was so rare. "Wait a second."

"What?" Kihyun tilted his head, a wide smile lighting up his whole face and every one of its beautiful features. Including the cute little moles Hyunwoo liked to count when he woke up before Kihyun.

"We should get married before we adopt you know." It wasn't really asking properly, but Hyunwoo awaited a sort of answer.

It came in the form of a laugh and light kiss. "Of course you big idiot."

•••

It had to rain, didn't it? That was just his luck.

If cursing could clear the skies an make it sunny again, it would never rain ever again. At this point Kihyun would sacrifice Minhyuk for a little bit of sunshine, the literal kind at least.

Unfortunately Minhyuk was at the end of the hall, standing still (for once) with the biggest grin on his face, next to what he knew was an incredibly nervous Sohn Hyunwoo.

Kihyun was shaken away from his thoughts as Hyungwon fixed Kihyuns bow tie, ensuring it was on straight.

"Don't worry," Hyungwon said, picking up on how Kihyun was fidgeting. "At least Hyunwoo won't burst into tears and cry through the whole ceremony."

Kihyun found it safe to assume Hyungwon was speaking from experience, and the taller briefly glanced to where Hoseok was standing next to Minhyuk, very bravely not crying.

And all too soon Kihyun heard the music.

His feet froze to the carpet. The doors were iron gates, padlocked closed. He couldn't move- a little hand slipped into his and the warmth melted the gate and brought feeling back into Kihyuns legs.

He looked down to Changkyun, who smiled.

"It's time, Ki."

And with Changkyuns help he took those first few steps, through the doors. The music was free in here, no door left to muffle it anymore.

He walked. And realized it was easier, because at the end of this walk was Hyunwoo, the man that he would gladly spend forevermore with.

Hyunwoo's eyes disappeared in his smile, and Kihyun wondered for the millionth time as to whether he was even able to see him because he was smiling so big.

And he loved him.

He always will.

Forevermore.

•••

"CHANGKYUN I SWEAR IF YOU DROP THAT LAMP-" Kihyun screeched, as the eight year old froze in his spot with the lamp held precariously.

"I wasn't gonna drop it!" Changkyun protested, because running with a lamp is perfectly safe as long as you're smart. Changkyun got that logic from Kihyun.

"As soon as we get everything in-"

"Help!" Hyunwoo called from the front door, holding a box in one arm and a car seat carrier in the other.

Kihyun gave Changkyun a 'this lamp discussion isn't over' look before going to help Hyunwoo, instead of grabbing the slipping box taking the car seat.

Kihyun held it up a little to look inside, his heart swelling immediately with warmth.

"Hey baby," Kihyun cooed, half asleep eyes focusing on Kihyun. "Did you sleep good?" He asked the baby, taking the carrier into the dining room and setting it in an open space where there weren't boxes stacked up.

He unbuckled little Jeongin, gently lifting him and cradling him to his shoulder, bouncing slightly to ease Jeongin back to sleep.

Kihyun walked back into the entryway, smiling to himself at their new home. It wasn't much, the small house they decided to buy. But it was nicer than the apartment, even though it took a couple of years to get here.

Plus, the neighbors were pretty fantastic.

Hyunwoo came back in, Changkyun riding piggy back and giggling. "No more boxes!" He announced, saluting in sync with Hyunwoo.

"Yep!" His husband agreed, using his foot to close the front door because his arms were occupied in holding Changkyuns legs.  "Now it's just unpacking."

Kihyun released a breath, relieved to finally be able to do that without feeling burdened. He looked at the side of Hyunwoo's face.

"We're home." Kihyun said, rubbing gentle little circles in Jeongins back. He was asleep already. Oh, how Kihyun loved this.

"I like it here." Changkyun said at last, resting his chin on Hyunwoo's shoulder.

The little family of four was disrupted by a quick succession of knocks on the door, and Changkyun listened before gasping and jumping down to run and get it.

Speaking of the fantastic neighbors- Changkyun opened the door to reveal Lee Jooheon, who screamed in excitement at the sight of Changkyun and lunged forwards to hug him.

"Do your parents know you're here Jooheon?" Kihyun asked with a raised eyebrow, making Jooheon freeze mid hop.

He grinned sheepishly. "It's not far!" Changkyun, of course, nodded enthusiastically at this.

"I'll tell them you're here." Hyunwoo said, the two boys high fiving before running out the door.

Kihyun rolled his eyes, but knew he should treasure this innocent time before the teen years were doomed to come. At least he had Jeongin.

And Hyunwoo. He's just a grown up baby that doesn't exactly get a pacifier.

"Home sweet home," Hyunwoo put his arm around Kihyun, kissing his temple at an angle.

And Kihyun knew he would be happy for as long as he had Hyunwoo by his side.

And Changkyun and Jeongin of course, but if it wasn't for Hyunwoo he wouldn't have any of this right now.

Kihyun didn't believe in happy endings six years ago, but when you start living one you realize there is such a thing.

the end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 7.9K 47
Highest rank attained #1 in Monsta X fanfiction. Yoo Kihyun is a guy that gets in a lot of trouble. He is a liberated and lucky go easy guy. He thin...
101K 6.3K 22
"YOU PHONE HAS BEEN HACKED" . Where Jooheon is a hacker and Changkyun is heartbroken. Started: 18/6/18 Finished: 8/2/2019 Highest rank: #1 Jookyun
17.7K 1.5K 47
ㅡin which a girl plots revenge against the chae family for a cold-blooded murder that had happened years ago. started: / april 15, 2020 / highest ran...
2.6K 275 88
In which Yoo Kihyun is a man, only a man, and nothing other than a man. Despite what his family and peers think of him. STARTED: 120918 ENDED: 261020...