(R)Evolution ~ Book 2 (Watty...

By DonnaSharples

With humankind being enslaved and viewed as a lesser species by the alien invaders. Can a human alien hybrid... More

Prologue
1) Genetics
3) Blood Will Out
4) Two Hands
5) The Beast Inside
6) Friend or Foe
7) Half Truths
8) War Child
9) Jekyl and Hyde
10) Dangerous Liasons
11) Two sides to a coin
12) Worlds Collide
13) Behind Enemy Lines
14) Playing with Fire
15) Long lost family
16)The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend
17) Test Subject
18) Wounded
19) A light at the end of the tunnel
20) A Hero is made, not born
21) Leader of Blood
22) Stabbed in the back
23) Now or Never
24) Freedom Fighter
25) Into the darkness and out into Light
26) Natives
27) New World
28) Heaven does exist
29) The beginning of the End
30) This means War

2) And So It Begins

2.5K 126 50
By DonnaSharples

The morning was cool and cloudy as they set out in the truck. Collins had loaded the old shotgun in back, just in case they ran into any problems.  Elise and Reve sat side by side, holding hands. Reve was excited at the prospect of travelling. Being confined to home ground was fine, but she had never seen much outside of the area of which she lived.

Collins had offered to drive, explaining he wanted to see what was on sale. But Reve knew better. As the young girl had begun to mature at an alarming pace, so had her alien abilities began to manifest. It wasn't just confined to shape shifting she was also able to skim people's thoughts. It was this new found skill that had made her much more aware of the dangers that were out there, and one of those dangers happened to be Carl.

It was a shock when it had first happened to her. She'd been playing outside, watching her mother hang the washing as Carl had passed her. The word 'evil' and 'abomination' jumped out at her not knowing where this words had come from. That was until she caught the hate filled gaze from Carl.

She never vocalised what she 'over heard', she knew her Mother was constantly worried for her welfare but she also knew how much she loved Carl. If her Mother found out Carl's real feelings towards her daughter, her Mother would be devastated. And so she stayed quiet, and tried to keep out of the way of Carl as much as possible.

It was this skill that also alerted her to the fact that Collins was accompanying them as a bodyguard. Reve didn't much mind, her excitement blotted out pretty much everything else.

The journey didn’t take long. It was a pleasant drive the sun was shining and a few fluffy white clouds dotted the sky. The landscape seemed vast to Reve, a never ending green carpet.

The scenery soon changed as they hit the main road to the village. Remnants of the past were still visible on the tarmacked road with the street lamps that no longer worked. The area resembled a ghost town, until they rounded a group of dilapidated houses and there set up was the market.

"Look Reve, we're here..." The sight, smell and groups of people captivated her as she greedily drank in the scene before her.

Her eyes grew wide as she took in the dozens of stalls, selling a variety of items. Some were selling herbs, others fruit and vegetables, some were even selling off bits of old computers. Most stall holders were shouting about what they had to sell, each getting louder and louder as they tried to drown out their competitors.

Elise had given Reve a pair of contact lenses to hide her eyes. It made Reve’s eyes appear normal, able to blend in without arousing any suspicion that she was anything but human. Reve hated the feeling of the lenses but the chance to be around the busy market, was more than enough for her to put up with the discomfort.

The village was packed with people selling whatever they could. This area hadn’t been too lucky, not many populated areas had been unscathed during the alien invasion. But people had come back here and rebuilt, scratching a life out for themselves as best they could.

Although there was an air of celebration, if a person was to delve that bit deeper, past the immediate surface. The fear could be seen, always present. It was in the tightened smiles, the darting looks covered by over joviality.

"Elise, do you mind if I leave you for half an hour. I've some business to attend too."

"Sure Collins, we'll be at the dress shop. I'm going to see what they have, seeing as this one keeps on growing" She smiled down fondly at Reve. "I'll meet you in the square in half an hour" Collins grinned and headed off.

They came to a small stall, covered from top to bottom of various cloth and clothes in all shapes and sizes. Some were in better condition than others. Mother and daughter proceeded to rifle through them, in the hopes of finding something that would fit the ever growing Reve.

"What about this one?" Her mother held up a long green dress. It was in good condition and Elise knew the colour would match Reve’s eyes. She eyed the dress wistfully, good clothing was hard to come by and most of what they had were patched up; over and over.

"No mum...Can't I have some pants instead? You know I don't like dresses." Dresses confined her running when she was playing in the fields at home. She preferred wearing pants as they allowed her more freedom and protected her legs when she was climbing trees.

Her Mother sighed "Fine, pants it is."  Half an hour later, both laden with bags, they headed towards the fountain. The day had turned out hot, and the air was cloying. The smell of ripened fruit and various spices were carried on the gentle breeze. Reve sat with her feet dangling in the water, enjoying the feel of the cool water swirling around her feet as she watched the groups of people buying and selling. She sighed in contentment and happiness at this little day out.

They both spied Collins, his face was red and he was sweating heavily as he hurried over to them, trying to catch his breath, "Truck...Now!" Elise didn't question him, she grabbed her daughter's hand dragging her along to the truck as quickly as she could, without attracting too much attention. As they hastily got in, a loud voice could be heard over the hubbub of the market.

"This is an emergency. Please will all persons stay where they are, immediate evacuation is in process. Please do not be alarmed."

The barely contained fear now erupted like a volcano and engulfed everyone. People began to scream, abandoning whatever it was they were doing. The crowds of people began to run about, some trying to hide, others shoving and pushing in their fight to flee. A few people had fallen and were trampled underneath.

"Shit! Collins drive! We need to get home quickly!"  Elise pushed Reve down in the back and covered her with the recently purchased clothes. "Lie still, whatever you do don't move." She told Reve, her voice heavy with fear. The feeling of terror was catching, as Reve huddled in the back trembling. Reve recalled the story her Mother told her about the evacuations, and what had happened to those who were taken. Evacuation wasn't a safe word anymore.

Collins drove sedately, avoiding the main road and instead driving the truck down the old farmer’s route not picking up speed until he was safely around the corner out of view of the Market; only then did he put his foot down. They arrived at the Homestead and quickly left the truck, almost barrelling into Carl.

"What is it, what happened?" Carl was instantly on alert.

"They've come Carl, they were in the village" Elise replied looking pale. Her body began to tremble at the thought of how close they had come to being taken.

"It was only a matter of time Elise, we can't stay here. Grab the stuff, we'll go." Said Carl taking control.

Collins, Carl and Elise rushed about grabbing bags, food and guns.  "Reve, it's time to go hon. It’s not safe here anymore" Said her Mother.

Reve, stood staring in shock as her family ransacked the only place she had known as home. Sadness weighed heavily on her, as the realisation hit that she could never call this place 'Home' again.

Carl and Elise sat up in front, neither of them sparing a backwards glance as they drove off. Both preoccupied with the need to get away as quickly as possible. Collins was sat in the back along with Reve, holding her in a one armed hug trying his best to reassure her. She slowly snuggled into him, the presence of his warm body next to hers elicited a safe feeling as she drifted off into sleep.

It was dark when Reve awoke. She felt stiff and too large for her clothes. She stretched, and the seams on her blouse and pants ripped.

"Mum!"... Reve cried in panic. She stared down at her own body in disbelief. Gone was the body of a child, and in its place was a young woman’s body. She'd never grown so quickly before. Her body ached all over, as if she'd been pulled this way and that. Every muscle in her body seemed to protest at the littlest movement.

 Elise turned her head, "Bloody hell!" she exclaimed. "Carl we need to turn off somewhere." Carl glanced over at Reve, his eyes going wide. He nodded and turned off the road.

Collins was fast asleep, his arm still around Reve. As the truck came to a stop, Elise passed her coat to Reve, who shrugged off Collins's arm, none to gentle in her attempt to cover her newly developed body.

Reve had never been as self-conscious as she was right then. Her Mother had explained what happens to human women when they reach of age and their bodies begin to change. But even Elise had not foreseen this.

As Elise slammed the truck door, the noise abruptly woke Collins. “Whaa?” He looked over at Reve and did a double take. Elise rushed around to the side of the truck and held the door open. “You two” she said. “Stay in the car.”

“Come on baby. I should have some clothes that'll fit you.” She led Reve gently around to the boot, opened it and rummaged around in her suitcase. “Gosh Reve, I should have bought bigger sizes in clothes at the market” She laughed but it was strained.

“I'm sorry Mummy” she whispered, her head bowed. She was overwhelmed at the physical changes but hearing her Mother’s voice become strained wounded her heart.

Reve knew her Mother's discomfort was due to her; her body changing of its own accord. At that moment she hated herself for being so different and the burden it placed on her.

Elise turned towards Reve and hugged her, trying to reassure her daughter.  As Reve returned the embrace she realised she was now the same height as her Mother.

“Reve, I should have seen this coming. It's my fault. But don't think for a second that I don't love you. You're safety is and always will be, my main concern.”

She gently pushed Reve away from her and took a good look.  Her daughter had transformed into a beautiful woman, her legs were long and well defined, her waist was small and her breasts were high and rounded. Her mousy brown hair now had flecks of gold weaving through. The only unchanging feature was her eyes.

“By god Reve, but you're turning into a beautiful young woman.” She smiled. “Now here, put these on, and we'll get back on the road.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26 0 6
Fifteen years after, the Earth will be not what it used to be. Legends of the existence of aliens becomes true in that day. In that day, huge ships c...
228K 9.6K 34
When an Alien ship came to anchor just outside Earth's atmosphere and contacted humans for the first time, the whole planet was in an uproar. People...
237K 9.4K 54
Highest Rank: #1 Alien 6-21-21 WARNING: This contains Xenophile (Alien / Human smut) If you don't find interest then that, this is not the place to b...
250 10 15
Three years after an extraterrestrial life form invaded the earth, Christina and her group of survivors think they are the last living humans among t...