The Demon King {Jeon Jungkook}

By Cloudy3days

A Girl. A King. A Staircase to Hell. [Completed] "If I tell her the truth, it'll break every fiber of my bei... More

||Zero|| Prologue
||One|| Our Story Begins
||Three|| Frozen Heart
||Four|| The Past
||Five|| The Creature
||Six|| Decisions, Decisions.
||Seven|| The Gates of Hell
||Eight|| The Demon Realm
||Nine|| The Castle Gates
||Ten|| The King's Home
||Eleven|| Heartbroken
||Twelve|| Another Adventure
||Thriteen|| The Story of His Love
||Fourteen|| Happily Ever After
||Fifteen|| Epilogue

||Two|| The Journey

17.7K 577 262
By Cloudy3days

__________

Y/N HUGGED HER Grandad one more time, squeezing the living daylights out of him.

"I'll be back Grandad, you can count on it."

The old man had tears in his eyes, but he wasn't going to let them fall.

He had to stay strong, for his Granddaughter, the only family he had left.

"I love you Grandad, I'll see you very soon."

Y/n slowly pulled away from the old man and planted a kiss on his cheek.

She took a deep breath and stepped out of the shop, turning around one last time to look at the shop she grew up in.

Y/n was going to make her family proud, she was going to finish a book just like all her ancestors.

King Jungkook was leaning on a wall opposite the shop.

He stood in the shadows, observing the girl as she said her goodbyes to the old man.

The King pushed himself off the wall and made his way over to Y/n as she stepped out the shop door and onto the darkened street.

She held her father's book in her hands, brushing the golden letters gently with her fingertips.

"Are you ready to go Y/n? If we want to make it to the demon realm fairly lively we should get going about now."

Y/n nodded in response, swinging her backpack off one of her shoulders and stuffing the book inside the main pocket.

"Okay then Jungkook, let's go find ourselves a demon king."

She took off down the street, walking at a moderate pace towards the mountains just North of the town.

Jungkook chuckled to himself, this girl certainly was a breath of fresh air.

He turned on his heel, jogging after the girl to catch up with her.

The King stopped once he reached her side, slowing his movements to match her pace.

"So Jungkook, we're heading to the mountains, no?"

Jungkook thought about it for a second, he could bring her straight to hell through the barrier, but where was the fun in that?

He decided to take Y/n the long way, through the mountains and steep passes.

If they went that way they had to enter the demon realm through the Gates of Hell, and Jungkook hadn't seen his three headed dog, Cerberus, in so long.

It would be nice to pay him a visit again.

"Yes, it's the only way to get to the demon realm. Once we pass through we'll get to the Gates of Hell and then we can go through. It's
easy really, we have nothing to worry about."

The King sighed dramatically, stretching his arms above his head, which caused his biceps to flex.

This didn't go unnoticed by Y/n, Jungkook really was very attractive, with his cute but sexy features.

He didn't seem that much older than her, a couple of years at the most.

"How old are you Jungkook? Sorry, but I'm curious."

Jungkook smiled, she was something alright, but what was he supposed to tell her?

He's immortal and had no concept of aging whatsoever, but he knew that he was physically twenty-two.

"I'm twenty-two, and you're nineteen if I remember correctly?"

Y/n nodded at him distracted by the ginormous mountain range coming into their view.

A thick blanket of snow lay on the peak of the highest mountain, and Y/n hadn't packed nearly enough layers.

"How long will this take Jungkook? I'm worried about leaving my Grandad all alone to take care of the shop."

Jungkook admired the girl beside, she was gentle, and seemed to care about everyone and everything.

Did he mention that she was very beautiful?

Everything about her was breathtaking, the way her smile lit up a room, the little shadows her eyelashes cast on her cheeks, and the way her hair fell gently around her face and down her back.

The Demon King was evil, but that didn't mean he felt nothing.

He was immune to most physical pain, his magic enabled him to be the most powerful immortal in the universe.

However, everyone felt things in their hearts, and he was no exception.

"If we really push it we could be at the demon realm in two days time. It really depends on what happens along the way."

Thunder rumbled through the sky in the distance, sending a chill down Y/n's spine.

Lightning painted the sky with sharp bursts of light every few seconds.

A storm was brewing, just up ahead in the mountains.

Y/n gulped, storms were never her thing and she didn't have a proper coat to shield her from the ice cold winds.

"Jungkook, when do you think that the storm will hit? I don't have a warm coat, just a sweater and you don't look particularly equipped for arctic like weather."

The King flashed a look at his clothes, he forgot that he was just wearing a thin shirt.

It's not like it would bother him much, he wouldn't feel the cold, hell he wouldn't feel pain if he dived straight into an active volcano.

It was Y/n he was worried about, she would surely freeze to death in her leggings and jumper.

"I'm not sure. We could be lucky and just miss it, but I have a hunch that we're going to have to camp this one out. You have a tent right?"

Y/n checked her back frantically, sighing in relief once she found the tent.

"Perfect. We'll find a cave and settle there, a fire should keep us warm once night falls."

Jungkook and Y/n reached the foot of the mountain range, craning their heads upwards to get a glimpse of the summit.

It was a long trek up, not to mention a long trek down as well.

Y/n was the first to make a move, briskly walking up the steep stone trail.

Jungkook followed suit, pressing his hand against Y/n's back to make sure she didn't fall.

The climb was perilous, so dangerous that people from the town had stopped adventuring up the mountains decades ago.

The air was staring to get thin and the pair were finding it harder to breath.

"Jungkook can we stop for a bit? I'm finding it sort of difficult."

Jungkook nodded in agreement, resting his hands on his thighs and bending over to catch his breath.

"Of course, that's probably a good idea. It's not easy doing this."

The two of them sat down on a rock nestled in the wall of the mountain side.

Jungkook turned to the girl, curiosity finally getting the best of him.

"Y/n, you said you were going to finish that book of yours, so there's obviously already writing inside it. Could you maybe read it to me?"

Y/n smiled at him, and turned to her side, opening her backpack and pulling out the book before opening it on the first page.

She began to read and Jungkook sad back against the wall, enjoying the sound of her voice.

"Not many people can say they have seen The Demon King. He is probably the most illusive being to exist in the universe. It is said that he lives in a magnificent castle, situated on top of a hill surrounded by a giant wall. Nobody has set foot in the castle and lived to tell the tale. Some have said that The Demon King instantly kills anyone foolish enough to enter his castle, others say that he holds them captive. Slowly torturing them until they go insane, so crazy and mentally ill that they are beyond reach and cannot be brought back. I have never seen The Demon King, I am the very first of the Kangs to try and write this book. My ancestors have feared the challenge of observing The Demon King, but I am not indifferent. I will write this book, even if it kills me.

Kang Jae Hwa
South Korea, 13th February 1999."

Jungkook was deep in thought, the words that Y/n's father had written so long ago echoed in his mind.

It was true that everyone feared him, so much that people like to obliterate his existence from their brains in hopes of seeing a brighter world.

It was people like Y/n and her family that intrigued the King, they were willing to put everything on the line, to face the most fearsome monsters, just to gain more knowledge of the supernatural world.

"Your father must have been a very brave man Y/n. Not many would dare to try and investigate The Demon King."

Y/n smile sadly to herself, it was true that her father was brave.

If only he wasn't so brave, maybe then he would still be there with her, guiding her through her career as a monster hunter.

Y/n rose to her feet, stretching her limbs and turning around to Jungkook, who lounged lazily on the rock.

"We should get going again, we need to make it to the demon realm as soon as possible."

Jungkook closed his eyes, savoring the last few moments of rest before he stood up and began to walk up the trail again.

They were fairly high up, Y/n could see the town from where she was standing.

Y/n slowly walked towards the edge of the cliff, bending over slightly to see how far up they were, and they were really high up.

The panoramic view of the meadow next to the town caught her eye.

The mixture of different coloured plants and flowers made the perfect picture of beauty in her mind.

Jungkook looked over his shoulder, Y/n stood at the edge of the cliff, admiring the beauty of the land.

The only beauty Jungkook say was the girl standing behind of him, he knew it was cheesy, but he couldn't lie to himself.

He stood admiring the way the setting sun shone on Y/n's beautiful features, it made them seem even more perfect, if that were possible of course.

The mountain was silent for a moment or two, it was only the two of them admiring two very different kinds of beauty.

Although that was about to change so quickly that Jungkook didn't even see it happening.

One minute the ledge Y/n was standing on was cracking, and then she was hanging off the edge.

Holding on for dear life.

__________

*edited i guess but not really

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 2.4K 26
Moving into a new town, she started a new life as a college student. She was really excited about everything at first but soon she got tangled up wit...
10.3K 586 22
When her innocent heart beats for him, he doesn't care and continue to hurt her but when she forcefully made her heart stop to beat for him, he then...
27.2K 1.1K 20
what happens when the devil loves a childish and innocent princess ?
182K 11.6K 38
A BTS fantasy AU set in a fairytale world ... In which seven supernatural creatures decide to help a determined human on her mission to save her moth...