Beast Behind the Mask

By Human-girl

He's Ruthless. He's Dark. He's Dangerous. He's Possessive. He's the Alpha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 4

56.4K 1.4K 222
By Human-girl

CHAPTER 4

"Honey? Come on, it's time."

I looked up to see Mom standing in the door way of my bed room as I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a simple purple dress that came to my knees and black leggings with a black half jacket and my purple pumps. I tried to push my jacket close to cover my more than ample bosom.

"Mom I can't do this." I murmured pleadingly. "There will be so many people and everyone will be staring at me and all the girls will try to kill me especially Cassidy and what if he-"

I was cut off in my rambling by Mom who had walked into the room and was standing in front of me with her hand on my mouth.

"Sweetheart, you're going to be fine. Everyone here is nice enough. And besides you're the Luna. No one will mess with the Alpha by hurting you." She said winking at me.

That still didn't make me feel better. I knew who would be able to calm my wrecking nerves but he hadn't come to meet me since yesterday and he was not even present at dinner. It was close to midnight. And Mom had explained that tonight was a full moon, so every member if the pack would be present for the Pack Run, and then Hunter will introduce me.

I gripped the edges of my dress tightly. I really needed him to hold me right now.

"Honey?" Mom's voice broke me out of my reverie as I looked at her. She motioned for me to start walking.

I took a deep breathe and started walking slowly. Trying to control the shaking of my hands. I could feel Mom dragging her feet behind me. That's how slow I was moving.

That is until she lightly shoved me forward. Taking the hint I straightened my back and stepped on. As we descended the stairs and reached the main door, I saw the pack. And I stopped in my track. Did the whole city come or what? There were people everywhere. And by everywhere, I mean everywhere. I had never seen so many people at one place in my entire life. Maybe on TV in One Direction's or Justin Bieber's concerts, but never in real life. And it was freaking me out. I took a step back and bumped into Mom.

"Ariana? What's wrong now?" I heard Mom ask angrily behind me.

"M-mom....th-there a-are a lo-a lot of pe-pe-people he-re" I stuttered.

I had Haphephobia (fear of touching) and I was also claustrophobic. Mom and Hunter were the only one who could touch me without me having a panic attack.

"Oh shit! Honey I'm so sorry I completely forgot about that. I'm such a bad mother." My Mom took my hand and rubbed my back as my breathes became labored, "It's just that you haven't had a panic attack in years and it slipped my mind. I'm so very very sorry honey."

"I-t's okay" I heaved. I didn't want her to feel bad.

My vision was becoming blurry and I was sure I would faint right now. Until I heard his voice.

"What the fuck is taking so damn long?" He questioned as he stepped through the threshold.

I didn't care that he was angry. I just threw my arms around his neck and clung tightly. I was drowning and he was my anchor. I buried my face in his chest and inhaled his scent, calming myself. I could hear Mom telling him about my disorders, but I didn't let go. I couldn't. Not just yet. I wiped my tears with his shirt.

I could feel him pick me up but I didn't pull away just clung more tightly.

Only once he sat me down on a bed did I pull away. I kept my eyes down.

He tipped my chin up to look him in the eyes, which were black and hard.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" He growled.

"I-it never came up." I answered lamely.

He sighed, "Fuck Kitten, you need to tell me these things. It is my job to protect you. And for that I need to know your fears."

He sat down on the bed beside me and lifted me in his lap, so I was sitting sideways with my head on his chest and his back resting against the headboard. It was silent for sometime as he stroked my back. I observed my surrounding. I looked around to see a spacious room with black walls and white carpeted floor. There was a large TV just in front of the large King bed and a sitting area in the far corner with a couple of couches and a coffee table in the middle. There was also a desk towards the opposite side of the sitting area, with a laptop and what looked like to be a printer. It was obvious we were in his room.

"I also have nyctophobia (fear of darkness)" I whispered after some time, on the verge of tears.

He didn't say anything just tightened his hold on me. And his action broke the dam holding my tears at bay.

"I-I'm sorry" I blubbered as I hugged him tighter, "I know I'm a freak, I have so many disorders," I cried, "I'm so sorry, you're stuck with me. And it doesn't help that I'm fat. If you'd want to leave me I'd totally unde-"

I was cut off by his lips coming down on me hard. This was nothing like the previous kisses we shared. This was hard, aggressive, demanding. He pushed my mouth open with his tongue and entered without permission. He explored every corner of my mouth. His one hand was fisted in my hair, tilting my head as he wanted, and the other was circled around my waist gripping me tightly. While my hands were fisted in his shirt at his chest, trying to get myself closer to him. The kiss got harder. I couldn't breathe. I tried to push him away, but he only tightened his hold sucking on my tongue, tasting my mouth. I started to feel light headed. My lungs started to burn. When I was on the verge of slipping into unconsciousness did he pull away. I breathed hard. Inhaling as much air as I could. I looked at him to see him perfectly fine. His eyes black as he stared at me.

"What...?" I asked confused.

"Don't you ever say anything about me leaving you." He growled, "I want you just the way you are. And how you are is damn beautiful and so fucking sexy."

He ran his nose up and down my neck, and tinged shot through me. Making me feel hot and uncomfortable.

"I can smell you." He growled huskily as he licked the shell of my ear, "You're turned on.."

I went bright red at what he said. Oh God! Talk about embarrassing. I hid my face in his neck. This was so humiliating.

"Hey no need to be shy, Kitten. I like it immensely." He came closer to my ear until his lips touched it, "Good enough to eat." He chuckled throatily at my embarrassed and appalled squeak.I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face as I recalled last night. After talking for sometime, Hunter had walked me to my room and after kissing me goodnight, he had gone to postpone the announcement. Hunter hasn't agreed on my idea of announcing that he had found his mate without me being there. But he had conceded to waiting until next week. He also promised to be there with me at all times, never leaving my hand. That had calmed me a little. I looked at the time and realized I was going to be late if I didn't hurry up. I got up quickly, and after going through my morning routine I dressed in a lose pair of jeans and T-shirt. Tying my hair in a bun I walked downstairs. I didn't have time for breakfast so I just grabbed an apple and headed outside. Hunter was already waiting, leaning against his car. He was dressed as sexily as always, with a pair of jeans, white T-shirt and a black leather jacket. He also had on a pair of Ray-Bans. I greeted him as I stepped closer. And he answered by pulling me to him and giving me a deep kiss that sent shivers through out my body. After he let go I sat in the car and we were on our way.

I decided to ask him the question that had been nagging me for a while.

"Hunter...Cassidy is your sister right?" I asked quietly.

"Yes." He smirked, "I never told you about my sister did I?"

I shook my head no.

"Well Cassidy is more like my daughter than sister. After my parents died, she was my only family left. In fact, she was only born two days before their death. So I raised her as my own. You've met her?" He asked glancing at me. Probably waiting for me to pay homepage to his sister by the way he was talking about her.

"I haven't had a chance to get to know her yet." I finally replied.

He nodded but didn't say anything.

"So how old are you?" At my question he smirked and looked at me as he stopped the car at our destination.

"I'm twenty-six. But I'll stop aging soon."

"Why?" I asked astonished.

"The Mating." He answered, smirking as I felt my face go red.

I knew what mating meant.

I quickly got out of the car and sprinted towards the diner, his throaty laugh following me, making me smile.

***************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 46.4K 38
His lips pulled back into a sneer, "You will stay by me, in this fucking house." He growls, stepping into my personal bubble. His face barely inches...
Stay By Sarah

Werewolf

806K 21.2K 25
Amity always wanted the perfect life with the perfect mate to sweep her off her feet, and carry her off, so they could have the perfect children. Her...
738K 17.8K 29
Follow Amelia and see how she finds love after being Banished by her own Alpha mate.
533K 11.8K 59
A girl who is terrified of the creatures who made themselves known and a possessive Alpha who has waited all his life for his mate.