The Same?

By Sweet_Sydney14

Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven

Eight

3.5K 77 14
By Sweet_Sydney14

"Again," Charles said.

Abbey sighed and concentrated. Her body began to heat up. Red light filled the dimly lit room. Abbey opened her eyes and released her power onto the target. The target was now on fire. Half of it was gone.

Abbey smiled and started laughing.

"I did it!" Abbey pumped her fists in the air.

"Nicely done Abbey." Charles smiled.

"Thank you." Abbey bowed.

Alex walked up to Abbey and clapped.

"Nice, and none of the mannequins are on fire."

Abbey punched Alex on the arm and laughed.

"Ow." Alex rubbed his arm.

Abbey rolled her eyes.

"Hey, we should do something fun." Abbey smiled.

"Like what?" Alex asked raising a brow.

Abbey punched Alex on the arm harder this time.

"What the hell Abbey." Alex laughed.

"That's not what I was talking about you idiot." Abbey laughed. "Give me a few minutes to think about it. If I don't think of anything, let me know if you have something in mind." Abbey walked towards the door and out of the room.

"You should ask her out Alex." Charles said.

"Shut up." Alex said as he quickly made his way out of the room.

❌ ❌ ❌

Abbey had put her hair into a french braid. Then, she laid on her bed and began to think of what Alex and her could do before they had to fight Shaw.

"I want her to be perfect." A man's voice echoed through Abbey's head.

"Stop." Abbey said aloud and rubbed her temples. "You're not real."

"Oh, I'm very real Abbey." The voice replied.

Abbey jumped and fell off of her bed.

"What the hell?!" Abbey looked around the room. "Who's there?"

There was silence.

"I need some air." Abbey said to herself. She grabbed a light jacket and walked out of her room. Abbey almost tripped over Alex, but he had caught her.

"You alright?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Abbey placed a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I just needed to get some air."

"Mind if I join you?" Alex asked.

Abbey smiled.

"Not at all."

❌ ❌ ❌

"So," Alex had his hands in his pockets, "your boyfriend is a psychopath?"

Abbey laughed.

"Basically, yeah." Abbey looked at Alex. "What about you, got any psycho girlfriends?"

Alex laughed.

"No, not that I can think of."

Abbey chuckled.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"Tell me." Alex said.

"I'm good." Abbey replied.

Alex stepped in front of Abbey. Then, he stepped closer to her.

"Tell me." Alex asked.

"Well, are you sure you don't have a crazy girlfriend?"

Alex chuckled.

"I'm sure."

"Ok." Abbey walked around Alex. He walked beside her.

"Do you have any family?" Alex asked.

Abbey cocked a brow.

"You like to ask a lot of questions." Abbey said. "But, to answer your question, no, I don't have any family. At least, none that I know of. My mother died when I was six and my father," Abbey sighed, "I have no idea who my father is." Amy pushed a few strands of her hair behind her ear. "What about you? Do you have any family?"

"I have a brother." Alex replied.

"Really," Abbey smirked, "is he cute?"

Alex laughed.

"What? You're going after my brother? He's younger than the both of us."

Abbey shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe I like them that way." Abbey winked at Alex. The two started laughing.

"That's weird in so many ways." Alex said.

"I am pretty weird." Abbey said. As she walked forward, her left foot caught on a rock and she began to fall forward. But, Alex caught Abbey before she could fall.

"You good?" Alex asked as he helped Abbey stand. He never let her go.

"Yeah, thanks." Abbey looked Alex in the eyes. They seemed like they gleamed in the sunlight.

The two stared at each other. Alex began to slowly move towards Abbey. His lips were close to hers now. They almost touched, but Abbey felt pain in her head. It caused her to step back from Alex.

"Ahh." Abbey reached up for her head. A ringing sound became louder and louder.  "Alex," Abbey's voice shook, "Make it stop, please."

Alex picked up Abbey bridal style and began to quickly make his way back to the mansion.

"Just hang in there Abbey, Charles will know what to do."

Abbey buried her head in Alex's shirt. Her hands had a fist full of his shirt as well. The pain seemed to get stronger.

"Alex," Abbey cried. Her eyes were closed tight, "please, make it stop."

"We're almost there," Alex took a quick look at Abbey. She looked terrible. "Just hang tight."

Alex walked up towards the front of the mansion. He opened the door and walked in.

"Charles!" Alex called out, "it's happening again!"

Charles and Eric came running down the stairs.

"Abbey," Charles said as he placed two fingers on her forehead. This time, he wasn't burned. "Breathe, try focusing on something else. It'll take the pain away."

"Alex," Abbey cried, "Make it stop, please!"

Charles looked up at Alex confused.

"Abbey," Alex said, "Charles is trying to help you."

Abbey opened her eyes. She looked like she was in a trance.

"Make it stop Alex." Abbey's voice was flat. She stood up and faced Alex. "What is she to you?" Abbey asked.

"Who are you?" Alex asked. Something seemed off with Abbey.

Charles grunted in pain. Abbey turned around to face him.

"Don't try it, it's not going to work."

"She's another telepath." Charles said.

"Abbey?" Alex asked. 

"No," Charles replied, "Abbey is Abbey. This telepath is controlling her."

"Is she a friend? Or something else to you Alex?" Abbey smirked.

"That's none of your damn business." Alex replied. "Give us Abbey back."

Abbey chuckled.

"See, I already figured out the answer." Abbey smirked. "I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees him."

"Who?" Eric asked.

Abbey looked at Eric.

"Her father."

Abbey's head slightly lifted. Her mouth was slightly open as well.

"No." Abbey muttered, "no, that can be him." A few tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Oh it is sweetheart." Abbey said. She smiled again. "See you all soon." Abbey's eyes fluttered and she wobbled. Before she could hit the floor, Alex caught her in his arms.

"Abbey," Alex slightly shook the girl. "Abbey, wake up."

Abbey quickly opened her eyes and gasped.

"I know who my father is." Abbey's hands shook.

"Who is it?" Charles asked.

"Sebastian Shaw." Abbey's lower lip quivered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.1K 16
"No running through the hallway!" I yelled as two boys ran past me. "Yes Professor." They said as they slowed down. I smiled as I shook my head and...
390K 9.2K 26
I do not own any of the X-Men in any way; I only own the character Lucy. Most of my life I spent locked up in a room with my only company being my t...
219K 6.9K 43
"My name is Charles Xavier " he says, "and this is my friend Erik Lensherr. We're here, your safe now." Before you pass out in his arms you choke out...
9.7K 312 20
What's her name? "(Y/N)." I prefer her real name. "Sauven; the legacy." I said her real name! "...Healer." "I call her Mender." "Medic." . . . "No...