The Hybrid Twin | Paul Lahote...

By sagittarianwolf

[FOREWARNING: THIS BOOK IS FILLED WITH CLICHÉS, ZERO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, PACED TOO FAST, AND PRETTY CRAPPY... More

𝓣HE 𝓗YBRID 𝓣WIN.
βŒ— 000 ━━━ π—£π—Ÿπ—”π—¬π—Ÿπ—œπ—¦π—§ + π—˜π—£π—œπ—šπ—₯𝗔𝗣𝗛
chapter zero ➸ the prologue
chapter one ➸ the original story
chapter two ➸ an old friend
chapter four ➸ always and forever
chapter five ➸ boundaries
chapter six ➸ the impossible
chapter seven ➸ newborn army
chapter eight ➸ it's not wise to piss off an original, much less three
chapter nine ➸ unexpected
chapter ten ➸ i love you
chapter eleven ➸ twins
chapter twelve ➸ the truth comes out
chapter thirteen ➸ content
chapter fourteen ➸ taken
chapter fifteen ➸ she always answers
chapter sixteen ➸ secret weapon
chapter seventeen ➸ unknown sensation
chapter eighteen ➸ mortal
chapter nineteen ➸ a night of reassurance
chapter twenty ➸ marry me
chapter twenty-one ➸ the epilogue

chapter three ➸ successful meeting

38.7K 914 209
By sagittarianwolf

CHAPTER THREE

THE RAIN WAS STARTING TO DRIZZLE OUTSIDE AS INGRID WAS MORE THAN HALFWAY TO SAM ULEY'S HOME. Her hands shake on the helm of her car and she bounces her foot to the rhythm of the radio, trying to calm her nerves. Many thoughts go through her head about Paul, but only one manages to frighten her the most and cause pain to her heart.

The million-dollar question.

What if he doesn't want to be with a vampire?

Ingrid pulls her car in front of the Uley house and sees Paul sitting on the steps. She hesitates for a split second before she unlocks her door and climbs out, walking towards him.

Paul stands up from the steps and moves to her. He shifts his weight foot to foot and licks his lips before speaking. "Do you want to take a walk on the beach?" Avoiding her eyes.

She nods.

Paul leads her away from the house that held the rest of the pack, who were now groaning at losing their source of entertainment.

Ingrid and Paul tread alongside each other on the sand.

It had been fifteen minutes since they had arrived and neither had said a word. Ingrid was starting to lose her patience, a trait she shared with her twin, and decided to break the silence that had enveloped them.

"Are you disappointed?"

Paul stops in his tracks and quickly spins to face her, eyes wide. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about this! Us! You hate vampires and yet you're tied to one for the rest of your life!" Ingrid shouts. "I wouldn't blame you if you rejected me." Her voice barely above a whisper that he would not have caught it if not for his enhanced hearing.

Ingrid attempts to use her vampire speed to escape the broken heart, she believes to be awaiting her, when Paul composes himself enough to hastily grab hold of her hand, bringing her into his chest and embraces her. Paul loosens his grip on her, then pulls back until his face is only a few inches away from hers. He raises his hand and lifts her chin, looking into her blue eyes and leans in, his lips ghosting over hers, before whispering.

"Don't assume things... I could never hate you. We were chosen for each other, I don't know why, but it must have been for a reason." He pauses. "You're right, I'm not a fan of vampires. You can't exactly expect me to say I love them. It's pretty much embedded in my genes to hate them, but you're my imprint, the one I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with and I couldn't care less about what you are. Vampire or not."

Ingrid giggles softly. "Stop trying to act all cool and just kiss me."

He smirks before bringing their lips together in a sweet, yet passionate kiss.

Needing air, the two break apart. A smirk appears on Paul's face as Ingrid smiles broadly. They're both practically beaming with happiness.

Paul and Ingrid decide to relax on the beach for a little while. She sits in between his legs, her head resting against his chest, his arms wrapping around her waist from behind, and her fingers entwined in his.

He gives her a peck on the cheek with a soft expression on his face.

"It's beautiful..." She sighs lightly, referring to the sunset reflecting off the water.

Paul tightens his arms around her in response.

"What's your favorite food?" She questions.

"Are you seriously asking me that?"

"What's wrong with asking about your favorite food? We have to get to know each other somehow."

"Fine. Uh... Pizza. How about you? I mean, your type of vampire eats, right?"

She nods. "Yes, we do and as much as I do enjoy pizza, I'm going to have to go with pasta." He hums then buries his face in her neck, tickling her as he breathes, causing her to squeal and release a laugh. "Favorite color?" She giggles.

"Your questions are boring." He states with a snicker. Ingrid turns her head and glares at him. "Well, I don't see you coming up with any!"

"Geez, okay, okay." He thinks for a moment. "Blue."

"Really? I thought it would have been black." Surprise evident in her voice.

"Yes, really." He chuckles.

The next few hours are filled with them each gaining a better insight on the other.

As Paul finishes telling her about his deadbeat mother and how his father is barely ever in the picture as it is, he freezes remembering something of great importance. "Ingrid, how did you get here?" He questions hesitantly.

Ingrid cocks her head and wrinkles her forehead in confusion. "What do you mean?" Realization hits her. "Do you mean the treaty?" Paul nods and Ingrid relaxes her brow, free of frown lines. "Years ago the Quileute's and I established an alliance, therefore, allowing me on their land." Her eyes grow unfocused, nostalgia washing over her.

"Why-" Before he can ask her the reason why she interrupts him and shakes her head. "Sorry, love. That's a story for another time." Ingrid pats his chest and springs to her feet, wiping off any remains of sand that clung to her, moving forward. She halts to a stop and peers back at him.

"Well, are you coming?" A sly smile displayed among her features.

Paul snorts, his eyebrows elevated, amusement apparent in his expression. He leaps up and playfully nudges her before admiring her with a loving gaze, then kisses her lips tenderly.

"Let's head back to Sam's. The pack is going to want to meet you, that is if you're okay with it..." He trails off.

"I'd love to meet your pack." She exclaims, placing a hand on his cheek and bringing their lips together once more, both of them smiling into the kiss.

Paul and Ingrid walk up the steps, hearing loud voices coming from inside the house. Paul opens the door, seeing the pack seated at the table and Emily in the kitchen with Sam clutching her from behind. It's only when he walks inside that everyone's attention is locked on both him and Ingrid. Ingrid offers them a tight-lipped smile as she stands outside the doorway.

Emily is the first to communicate. "You must be Paul's imprint." Her smile reaching her eyes. She saunters past Paul and over to Ingrid, then holds out her hand. "I'm Emily Young."

Ingrid shakes Emily's hand, presenting a dimpled grin. "Ingrid Mikaelson."

Emily stares at her, eyes widening at her accent. "Why are you standing outside?"

"I haven't been invited in. It's quite fine, I would understand your uncertainty."

Emily glimpses at Sam, silently inquiring if it was okay, and receives a nod of acceptance along with a warm smile. Her eyes sparkle. "Ingrid Mikaelson, would you like to come inside my home?"

Ingrid lets out a breathy chuckle at her full name. "I would love to, thank you." She traipses in the direction of Paul, he picks up her hand, and he presses a kiss to her knuckles.

The pack is teasing Paul, taunting that he's whipped, and complaining that they're going to have to see images of Ingrid every time they shift. He lets go of her hand and whacks the back of their heads.

Ingrid smiles at the scene in front of her and makes her way outside, sitting next to Leah Clearwater. They sit in peace when Ingrid introduces herself. "I'm Ingrid."

Leah glances at her from the corner of her eye. "You're a bloodsucker." She moves to leave.

"I know." Leah's taken aback by her calm tone. "You know who I am as well as what I am. I showed you in the clearing with the rest of your pack and the Cullen's. You also know that I was not given a choice when I was turned into a vampire."

"..." Ingrid notices that Leah is listening.

"I came out here because I know what it feels like to be left in isolation. It does not make a difference if you're surrounded by people, either way, you can still feel alone. I would never wish that pain on anyone. Let it out."

Leah reclines back next to Ingrid and gives the blonde a small smile, her jaw clenched, and leans her head on the Mikaelson's shoulder. Ingrid holds her close as she silently cries, surrendering to the emotions she had bottled up. When Sam broke her heart, when her father died, and when she shifted...

The pack watches the interaction from inside in amazement and sadness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 7.4K 42
❝𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 π‚π‹π€π‘πˆπ“π˜ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π‚πŽππ…π”π’πˆπŽπ, 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π„ππŽπ”π†π‡, π€π‹π–π€π˜π’ π“πŽπŽ πŒπ”π‚π‡. 𝐀 π’πˆπŒππ‹π„, π‚πŽπŒππ‹πˆπ‚π€π“π„πƒ...
43.6K 966 41
In which the youngest Mikaelson sister has to choose between Family, Friends or Love because no matter what she does, apparently things never work ou...
674K 18.9K 92
Trapped for a thousand years in a coffin, only to be awoken by the brother of the person she'd been hidden from in the first place. It seemed her onl...
547K 13.6K 89
π–πŽππƒπ„π‘ | the vampire diaries 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 π’π€π‹π•π€π“πŽπ‘π„ she wondered what it was like to be loved by him maybe she'll find out. 𝐭𝐑𝐞...