Let's Play a Game // Monsta X...

By KCGG_Goddess

๐Ÿ…2021 May 22 | no.6 in #showki ๐Ÿ…2021 May 25 | no.1 in #chaegyungwon - No one's forcing you, you're making a... More

Game 001
Game 001 (2)
Game 002
Game 003
Game 004
Game 004 (2)
Nighttime #1
Game 005
Game 006
Game 006 (2)
Game 007
Game 007 (2)
Game 008
Games
Nighttime #2
Game ???
Bonus Game
Game: Choice
A Correct Choice
The Final Shot
Ending + Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER

Game 004 (3)

249 28 11
By KCGG_Goddess

Minhyuk

I can tell everyone, right now.

Shownu

Fuck. What do you want Minhyuk?

Before anyone could react appropriately, Kihyun made a noise of complaint that sounded something like a sigh and a groan combined. "What the hell's going on? Can't you just press a fucking button so we can move on? I don't know about you, but I just want to get this over with so I can go home and sleep."

Hyungwon knew no one would listen to Kihyun, because he was rude and he sounded like it was everyone else's fault that he was here in the first place. And Hyungwon was right, because he saw quite a lot of people rolling their eyes at the newcomer. This wasn't going to end that easily.

"Well, you got one part correct, you don't know anything about me." Minhyuk said. "You want to get this over with, but I actually want to win here. And I'm doing something right now so I can guarantee my win." Jooheon waited for Changkyun to say something, but the kid stayed quiet. He was too tired and confused, just like everyone else was. He also had that resigned look on his face, because he recognized this situation as one of those where once it started, nothing could stop it. It's awfully similar; Minhyuk sounded like he had a plan, and no one could stop him. Sounds about right, at least to Changkyun.

"That's not guaranteeing your win, if you tell everyone the answer you're going to lose." Shownu said. Jooheon saw, from his peripheral vision, that Shownu was clutching the tableside with so much force his fingertips turned white.

A few of the contestants started to catch up and nodded at Shownu's words, some were even muttering "oh yeah" or "that makes sense". No one noticed Minhyuk returning to his tablet and typing again.

Minhyuk

I'm not planning to tell everyone the answer

Except, if you want to

Shownu received the notification and almost flipped the table over because he reacted so quickly to reach out for the tablet, forgetting that he was still holding the table. Realising that it was a private chat, he forced himself to calm down and pushed the anger away as far as possible at the back of his head so no one would suspect.

Shownu

How would you know if the others answered yet?

They can't change their answers anyway

Minhyuk

I told them not to answer yet

Because I already know the answer, and will tell them all together in the group chat

Shownu

They trusted you that easily?

Minhyuk

No, but it wouldn't hurt to believe me first

If I don't give them the answer then they could just guess again

Shownu

And then everyone will hate you

Minhyuk

I don't care; I don't need their trust

Shownu

Are you sure?

I thought you wanted to win

Minhyuk

You don't get it

I just want your trust

Shownu

What??

Are you out of your mind?

Why would you threaten me if you want my trust?

Minhyuk

Are you that scared about revealing your relationship with Kihyun?

Shownu

You won't understand even if I explained

Minhyuk

Ok, I'm just going to tell everyone the answer then

Shownu almost shouted his answer, Minhyuk sure was unpredictable. He was just worried that Kihyun would get angry and upset if their secret is revealed. Kihyun was upset enough as it is. And Kihyun was already upset at Shownu. Shownu hated himself for thinking this, but at that moment he just wanted to know why Minhyuk was acting the way he was, so it didn't matter, not enough to make a difference, if Minhyuk did reveal the answer.

Shownu

Wait no!

Just tell me the answer first

Amidst all the whispering, Shownu could've sworn he heard Minhyuk chuckle.

Minhyuk

Why? Shouldn't you know?

It's your story after all

Shownu

Huh, but maybe someone else also broke up less than a year ago

How would you know it's mine?

Minhyuk

Well, there was a glitch on my screen, and I can see the correct answers

Shownu

You're lying

Minhyuk

No I'm not

The answer is Kihyun

Shownu

Yea right

Minhyuk

Ugh you leave me no choice

Ask Jooheon if you don't believe me, you trust him right?

Shownu

What?

You told Jooheon?

Minhyuk

Yes I did

Shownu

Why the fuck would you do that

Minhyuk

Because I want to help him

I will tell him the other answers too, for the later rounds

Shownu

Stop lying

Minhyuk

I told you, I want to gain your trust

Shownu

Oh I see

I get it

Jooheon and I got the most points, so you want me to help you

Minhyuk

If that's what you think

Shownu

And why would I trust you now?

After all that threatening

Minhyuk

You wouldn't believe me if I told you

Shownu

Try me

Minhyuk

You will know later, I bet it's in one of these rounds

Smiley knows a lot, so it has to be in this game

I don't know how he knows, but he knows

Shownu

Ok fine

Also, I assume Changkyun knows already?

Minhyuk

No, I didn't tell him

Shownu

You're going to tell him later

Minhyuk

No I won't

Can you stop acting like you know everything?

Shownu

What?

Why wouldn't you tell him?

Minhyuk

Why do I have to tell him?

Shownu

Because he's your friend

A really good friend

Minhyuk

Jeez why are you the same as Jooheon?

It's none of your business in case you didn't know

Shownu

I heard you wanted to gain my trust

Minhyuk

Fine

He's going to stop me from winning

Shownu

Selfish asshole

Minhyuk

I tried to be honest

Shownu

Being honest for this one time won't gain my trust

Minhyuk

I know

Shownu

Let's just see if I can actually trust you after this game

Minhyuk

Now go wake Kihyun up

Shownu was meant to type "huh?" but his head moved faster than his hands, so he never typed in a reply. Seated next to Jooheon, Kihyun was indeed sound asleep His huge head turned to the side rested on his small arms, eyes closed and absolutely still, other than the occasional ups and downs of his back when he breathed. Shownu was glad to finally see a hint of peace on Kihyun's face, even though it would be gone the moment he wakes him up. And he couldn't deny, it was a cute scene to look at.

Shownu left his seat and reluctantly and walked over to Kihyun, patting his shoulder lightly to wake him. It didn't take more than a few taps for Kihyun's eyes to flicker open, he was the light sleeper Shownu remembered him to be.

"Huh, did the game end? Sorry I fell as-" Kihyun rubbed his eyes, turned his head further, and finally saw who had woken him up. "Oh, it's you."

Shownu was taken aback by how disappointed Kihyun was to see him, but he supressed his sadness by biting his lip, and didn't let it show when he continued. "No, we are just moving on to another round, maybe we could all use a 5 minute break." He said the last part loud enough for everyone to hear, and everyone nodded in agreement.

Kihyun stood up from his seat, pushing the chair backwards and forcing Shownu to back away. He walked away to stretch his legs, not even turning around to look at the other.

-

I met this red-haired guy on the streets just this morning, and for once I found someone that I think looked more handsome than me. He asked to eat brunch with me, and I think I might be falling for him...

"Look, it's your description right?" Wonho pointed at his tablet and whispered just loud enough for Hyungwon to hear. Everyone had either left their seats or returned to playing Geometry Dash, to even notice everyone had voted and the game moved on.

Hyungwon covered his face with his huge hands, trying to hide his heated cheeks that definitely turned pink.

"Are you embarrassed?" Wonho asked, and Hyungwon didn't need to see to know Wonho was trying hard not to laugh. Hyungwon groaned, feeling his burning cheeks with his palms. He was sure they looked like tomatoes now.

Since he didn't see the point anymore, Hyungwon removed his hands and talked before Wonho could comment further on the tomato that was his face. "Hey-" was all he got out before Wonho interrupted coolly.

"Hey, don't 'hey' me. I'm older than you." Wonho was grinning, which, Hyungwon thought, was at least better than him laughing.

"Fine." Hyungwon rolled his eyes and said, "Wonho-hyung, I think we should tell Changkyun the answer, or at least help him. He looks so lost. I feel sorry. He's just a kid."

Wonho looked towards Changkyun's direction at the mention of the kid's name. "Wow, you're right, he looks lost." Wonho saw how Changkyun was staring into nothingness, leaving his Geometry Dash alone on an endless loop of deaths. "Do you want to tell him?"

Hyungwon was surprised at how easily Wonho complied. As if Wonho could read minds, he added, "I don't mind winning the game, it just sucks to see so many people in despair. It's supposed to be a Sunday. Even God rested, we should be able to rest and relax too."

Hyungwon nodded, agreeing without doubt. Even though he knew it was nearly impossible to relax in the situation they were in, it didn't make sense to overthink and stress over a game.

So Hyungwon left his seat and sat next to Changkyun instead.

"Hey, are you ok?" He started, getting better at starting conversations after recruiting 3 people (and leading them to this hellhole) this morning.

Changkyun snapped out of his thoughts, if he was even thinking, and acknowledged Hyungwon's presence. "Oh, hi...Hyungwon, right?" Hyungwon nodded, smiling to create a more comfortable atmosphere. Changkyun saw the smile and continued, feeling better already, "I'm ok, don't worry about me."

"Are you sure? You looked deep in thought just a while ago." Hyungwon said, recalling how his mom would've asked him when he was stressed with schoolwork.

Changkyun looked down, and Hyungwon followed his gaze to see him playing with his fingers. "Well, to be honest, I'm just worried about my friend Minhyuk." Changkyun hesitated for a moment. "He's trying so hard to win the game. Too hard in my opinion. He's going to hurt people in this rate." Hyungwon saw Changkyun digging his nails into his palm, hands turning white from the force.

Changkyun looked up, surprised, when Hyungwon reached out a hand and held Changkyun's hands in his. Hyungwon frowned at the other's icy hands.

"Give me your hands." Hyungwon reached out his other hand and held Changkyun's ones tightly, trying to warm it up with his body heat. "Don't stress so much, your friend is going to be okay. He hasn't hurt anyone, at least not yet. Don't worry about it until it actually happens. You're overthinking, it's not worth it."

Hyungwon looked directly into Changkyun's eyes, and his heart sank when he all he saw was worry and despair.

"Tell you what, I'm going to tell you the answer for this round. I know it doesn't mean much, but I really want to help you in any way I can." Hyungwon glanced at Wonho before looking back at Changkyun. "Wonho's going to help too. You don't deserve to be suffering this much." Hyungwon reminded himself that he was the reason why they were here in the first place. "No one deserves to be."

"I...I guess you're right." Changkyun said quietly. "So are we working together?"

Hyungwon smiled, though still guilty after remembering everything was mostly his fault. "I will try my best to help." Changkyun's lips finally found the strength to curl up into a smile, a silent thank you for Hyungwon for the consolation.

Later on, Changkyun was properly introduced to Wonho, and vice versa.

"Can you believe Wonho is afraid of heights?" Hyungwon said, earning a punch on his arm from Wonho.

"Really?" Changkyun asked, grinning when Wonho looked away in embarrassment.

"I guess you're safe then, unless this building can fly." Changkyun said.

"You're lucky that's impossible." Hyungwon chimed in, placing a hand on Wonho's shoulder.

-

"Hey look, it says this is the last round." Jooheon pointed out, after the break.

"Oh thank god." Kihyun said, looking at the new information on the top right corner. "I don't even understand how can there be so many rounds. We only have seven people, how many stories can there be?"

"To be fair, everyone here look around 20 years old. A lot can happen in 20 years" Minhyuk said, answering the rhetorical question. Kihyun ignored it and read the description.

I have a really good friend (who is also in this room), and a lot of people thought we are boyfriends, but I'm just touchy and being a bit too friendly. Recently I'm starting to like someone else, and I'm doing everything I possibly can to get closer to him.

Shownu thought back to the conversation with Minhyuk. This was the last game, so this must be it.

Sure enough, he received a private message from Minhyuk.

Minhyuk

If I tell you this story belongs to me, do you now understand why I want your trust?

Shownu

Interesting

Yes, I do understand

But you are missing a huge step in between

Minhyuk

It doesn't matter; I knew you're smart enough to figure it yourself

Shownu

But it still surprises me

Minhyuk

Which part are you talking about?

Shownu

Everything

You only want to join my "team" so you can get closer to him

Because you like Jooheon

Minhyuk

Well not only because of him

I still want to win

Shownu

Is it because you think winning will get you what you want?

Minhyuk

That's what I was told

Shownu

That doesn't mean it's true

Minhyuk

I choose to believe it

Shownu

Just think for a moment, how would winning help you in any way at all?

Minhyuk

If it doesn't help, then so be it

This is none of your business, yet you sound like you care

Shownu

I'm just telling you what I know

Minhyuk

Fair enough

So did I gain your trust?

Shownu

You're straightforward aren't you?

Minhyuk

There's no reason not to be

Shownu

I will let you join us, but that doesn't mean I trust you

Not completely anyways

Minhyuk

Good.

Shownu

Are you sure you don't want to ask your friend too?

Minhyuk

No

He found new friends during the break

Shownu

Sorry for calling you a selfish asshole back then

You have your reasons

Minhyuk

How can you be sure?

Shownu

Like you said, I'm smart

Minhyuk

But you aren't smart enough to figure out what the reason is

Shownu

You're right

But that's for you to tell me

Minhyuk

Well, I don't want to, but the author wants me to

Shownu

Huh?

Minhyuk

Nothing.

It's because Changkyun deserves a better friend than me

Shownu

I feel like I should apologize again for calling you an asshole

Minhyuk

I thought you'd thought I was lying

Shownu

You will never lie about your friend

I can see you're a good friend

And trust me, I know

Minhyuk

Sure

One more thing though

Shownu

Go on

Minhyuk

Don't tell Jooheon

About me

Shownu

Why, you think I'd tell him?

Minhyuk

Yea

You're a team

Shownu

That doesn't mean I'm telling him everything

Don't worry, I won't tell, I've been there myself

Minhyuk

Thanks

Shownu

Good luck

You'll need it

Shownu had a feeling Jooheon wouldn't return Minhyuk's feelings, but Minhyuk never asked so Shownu didn't say. He never planned to in the first place.

After everyone answered, the game finally came to an end. Most of the contestants stood up and stretched, while some pulled out their phones to check the scores.

The format changed, probably to fit in the phone screen. Shownu wondered who was monitoring the app and updating it so quickly. But then again he had a lot to wonder about since the moment he stepped in this building. Wait no; it would be since the moment Hyungwon found him on a park bench.

Hyungwon - 3+2=5

Jooheon - 8+3=11

Shownu - 8+2=10

Wonho - 3+4=7

Minhyuk - 3+9=12

I.M. - 3+3=6

Kihyun - 1+4=5

*[Previous Games] + [Game 004] = [Total]

Shownu tried clicking into "previous games" and, just as he expected, it showed him the points everyone got for game 1, 2 and 3. He assumed Kihyun got 1 point because he was a new contestant. Minhyuk got the highest score, confirming that the 'glitch' was real. Other than that, nothing seemed out of place.

He stuffed his phone back into his pockets. It felt weird to tuck it away that quickly. Usually there were so many other things to check before putting his phone away, and usually it takes a bit of convincing. Now he was putting it away because he had nothing to check anymore, and it felt like he had to discard his phone because it was useless to him. It was quite the opposite.

Shownu wanted to talk to Jooheon, but found that the seat next to him was vacant now. Instead, he saw what was next to the empty seat, which happened to be a sleeping Kihyun.

Shownu smiled, realizing that Kihyun was probably so painfully bored and worn out after pressing buttons. Kihyun was facing Shownu again, posture more or less identical to his previous nap. Kihyun's peachy bangs fell over his forehead, long enough to tickle his closed eyes if he wasn't that deep into his sleep. Shownu stared at the strands scattered across Kihyun's forehead, and had the sudden urge to brush it away. He had seen sleeping Kihyun multiple times already, and everything was the same as he remembered it to be, eyes closed and a slight smile on his lips. There was always a smile; Shownu could catch even the faintest curl of his lips, wondering if Kihyun was constantly having a good dream every time he slept.

The Kihyun in front of him was a huge contrast from the grumpy one just a few minutes ago. Shownu knew he had to wake him up soon enough, but he was glad Kihyun could escape the real world and smile in the dream world of his, even if it was just for a short period of time.

"Shownu-hyung, are there any..." Jooheon shouted to catch Shownu's attention, but quickly lowered his voice when he noticed Kihyun sleeping. "...notifications? We all answered, so it should've ended right? Any new instructions?" Jooheon walked closer from the vending machine – where he had been talking to Changkyun – so Shownu could hear his whispers.

Shownu double checked his tablet, shook his head, and Jooheon simply shrugged, impatient to return to his unfinished conversation.

"Wait, so you never tried drinking soft drinks?" Changkyun asked when Jooheon returned. "Where's your life man?"

Jooheon chuckled at the shocked friend and corrected, "It's not that I never drank one before. I tried once or twice I guess...but I was never interested in those." Jooheon gestured to the various drinks in the vending machine to make his point.

"Wow." Changkyun blinked hard twice, having learnt an interesting side to Joohoen. "That's why you only buy water?"

Jooheon nodded. "Water's good enough."

"How about coffee?" Changkyun asked, curiosity all over his face.

"I'm ok with the hot ones, but I'm not sure about the cold ones," Jooheon pointed to the can of coffee in Changkyun's hands. "I never tried one before."

Changkyun looked at the coffee he got after the game, and then at Jooheon, going back and forth between those two while frowning, as if he was trying to solve an impossible math question.

"You're missing out on so many things," Changkyun said, while opening his can of coffee. "Coffee is always amazing, no matter cold or hot." As if to demonstrate, he took a sip and moaned deliberately to tell Jooheon how good it is. "Here, try it." Changkyun pushed the can towards Jooheon, so fast and with so much force a few drops spilled out.

Jooheon looked at the can like he was looking at a whole new element that came from another universe. "Well, I don't mind trying, but you just drank from it."

"So?" Changkyun asked, raising his eyebrows. It took him a moment to realize what Jooheon was worrying about. "Wait, don't tell me you're scared of sharing saliva?"

Jooheon gulped, though he didn't know what was he so nervous about. "I'm not scared, but I think it's a bit..." He tilted his head and breathed out.

"Oh come on, I won't misunderstand. I just want you to try it." Changkyun smiled, amused by Jooheon's remarkable reactions.

Changkyun had to motion with his eyes, head and hands a few times before Jooheon finally complied. He grabbed the can and took a sip in one swift movement, then returned the can and turned around, embarrassed.

Changkyun thought Jooheon was about to vomit at the new taste, because he walked around so he could see if Jooheon could handle the taste.

"Oh my god your face is all red, are you ok?" Changkyun asked. "Is it the coffee?"

No, it was because we kissed indirectly. That was the answer that popped into his mind, but Jooheon couldn't possibly say that.

"Uh...y-yea, it must be the new taste. It's too s-strong, yea that's why. I'm fine, thanks for asking." Jooheon said instead.

Changkyun didn't look convinced, but luckily for Jooheon, Shownu came in and the perfectly timing.

"Hey come back guys, there are new instructions." Shownu shouted, and Jooheon noticed, behind Shownu, that Kihyun has woken up too.

"What's up?" Changkyun asked while walking back to the table.

"Apparently, we are staying here for the night."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I forgot to mention last time that the indentation in Wattpad isn't working for some reason so I have to type the text conversation like that (I hope you're ok with that :/) Also, I wrote down the format for the score right after the "table" this time so you don't have to wait until the end and forget about everything (I understand some people don't even read the author's note so I should've included it in the story)

Anyways thank you for waiting patiently for the chapters, I know it's not a really frequent update but thank you for all the support!!! :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 347 17
โI was nothing more to him than just some useless... thing.โž ---- He needed his heart back; Changkyun had no right to hold it hostage any longer. โ–บ...
24.7K 456 21
"Welcome to Murderville" โฅ You know, there's a little saying: Everyone has secrets, everyone tells lies, and everyone is fair game. @obrienkaties 2...
820 328 30
โœŽ ๐–ซ๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ณ๐–ซ๐–ค ๐–ถ๐–ง๐–จ๐–ณ๐–ค ๐–ซ๐–จ๐–ค เผ‰โ€งโ‚Šหš โ‹ฏ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž ๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ž...
35.9K 1.5K 32
Maybe, it wasn't too fast, or maybe it was. What actually had him pinned on you? Both you and him clearly wasn't expecting it. --- Last update : 2020...