Tim Drake (Red Robin) x Reade...

By junimooo

This is a complete book of all of the current Tim Drake x Reader fics on my Tumblr account. Some requests and... More

The Crimson Cat
Immune System Failure
Oblivious Birthday
Can't Do It
The New Kid in Town
Blame
Dancing & Jealousy
Valentines Fever
Valentines Heights
Investigative [F/n]
How Crazy You Drive Me
Coffee Substitute
alleys

Just Shy

4.1K 101 20
By junimooo

Tumblr Request: "Could you do one with Tim where the reader is really shy and because of that people think she's a snob but Tim and her get paired together on a project or something and they get to know each other and he finds out she's not really a snob"

Warning: Mentions of bullying.

---

You have never been a person who has wanted to be the center of attention. Being the center of attention makes you uncomfortable, often times you prefer to just keep to yourself in the back of the classroom. People may try to attempt conversation, but your shyness just makes you clam up even more.

Many of your classmates think you're being a snob or feel as though you think you're better than them. But they couldn't be more wrong, if they attempted to get to know you and be patient with your shyness, they'd learn you're just not good around new people, when you are more comfortable around people you can actually be rather outgoing. However, no one has made that attempt. Making school a living hell.

Group projects were your worst nightmare, meaning the words "You'll be in groups for this assignment" made your blood run cold. Your Physics teacher just announced you'd be making rockets out of water bottles, the groups were groups of two. Dread grew in you as the teacher began to list the pairs.

"Finally the last group will be [F/n] and Tim" the teacher announced, glancing you saw Tim Drake looking back at you, a kind smile on his face. You didn't mind him, he's always been nice to you. He's even stuck up for you before when some kids were talking shit about you. You didn't witness it but heard it through the gossip of the high school.

As soon as the teacher finished the explanation of the project the bell rang. "Alright everyone, this is due by Monday. Have a great weekend and stay safe." Your teacher yelled as students began to file out of the room. It being last period and everyone was eager to hang out with their friends.

Packing up your things, but noticing the figure come up in front of you. Peering up you saw Tim standing there. He smiled at you, "I guess we're partners." You simply nodded in response, your books hugged to your chest. "Um, if you're not busy today we could start on the project tonight." he offered, unsure of how you'd respond.

"I uh." Your voice was barely audible. "I don't have plans"

"Alright, will it be okay with your parents?" He asked, nodding in response he grinned wider. You could tell he was excited for this project, Tim was probably the smartest kid in the school. This was right up his alley. "Awesome, I can give you a ride if you like? My ride should be here." Tim pointed out of the classroom door.

"S-sure" stuttering before he lead you out of the school. You followed him up to a black town car with a older looking man standing outside of it.

"Hey Alfred" Tim called as you lagged behind him. "Hello Master Timothy, are you prepared to return to the manor?"

"Sounds good, oh and Alfred this is [F/n] we've been paired up for a project. She's coming over and we're going to work on it." Tim explained while gesturing to you. Alfred's eyes fell on you, "Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss [F/n]" he nodded to you. Though your voice caught in your throat as you diverted your eyes. He seemed a bit shocked at your reaction, but Alfred must have known it was due to shyness. He smiled at you softly, "No need to be shy Miss [F/n], we don't bite. As long as you steer clear of Master Damian." Alfred said as Tim let out a laugh. Your eyes widened as you looked over at Tim worried. "Don't worry he's kidding" Tim assured before showing you into the car.

You watched out the window as the car drove out of the city. Blocking out the conversation Tim was having with Alfred. Nervously you fiddled with the hem of your skirt or the button of your uniform. You felt as if you should say something but just couldn't, you were scared you would say the wrong thing. You're currently in a town car with the handsome son of a billionaire. What were you going to say? You're simply the the daughter of working class parents who is going to Gotham Academy on a academic scholarship. This isn't really your normal.

Tim noticed your nervousness, he always heard from classmates that you're a snob. Though you don't seem that way. A snob wouldn't have averted Alfred's gaze the way you did. A snob would've rolled their eyes at his gesture, you just.. shrunk. Tim doesn't know much about you, only that you're smart. Second in your class, him being the first. He always had found you intriguing. You're an unknown variable that he could never solve by just observing you. So, the minute you sat in the car he decided he would make it a mission to get to know you better.

When Alfred pulled through the gate of the manor he noticed you tense. The sheer size of the manor was enough to make you uneasy. What are you going to do about its occupants? Tim cut into your nervousness, "Don't worry it's not as intimidating as it looks."

"Says the one who lives there" you whisper to yourself, catching Tim off guard. You didn't mean for him to hear it, and he realized that you didn't notice he had. Though he felt you must be getting a bit more comfortable for you to say something sassy. Hell, he's barely heard you speak. After putting the car in park Alfred opened your door, you held onto your bag strap tight. Anxiety beginning to fill your body.

Hesitantly you followed Tim up to the door. Alfred left again in the town car, saying he had some errands to run. He pushed the door open only to hear the sound of arguing. Tim showed you in before looking in the living room to see Dick pestering Damian as Jason sat by laughing. "What are you guys doing?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Grayson will not stop his incessant singing!" Damian yelled glaring at his oldest brother. Dick only began to sing 'Hakuna Matata' even louder. He must've recently watched Lion King. Jason just laughed, enjoying the pain this was inflicting on Damian. Though they were both shocked when they heard Dick come to a stop, following his stare behind Tim.

"Oh my god! Tim brought home a girl!" Dick cheered, making you jump. "Wow Timmy Bird didn't think you had it in ya" Jason teased.

Tim's face caught fire at his brother's comments. "It's not like that!" he yelped, embarrassment flushing over him. Your state not much better. "Well you should make it like that, she's cute!" Dick whispered with a wink. Tim only groaned before facing you, "Sorry about them, we can work in my room" apologizing before showing you up the stairs.

You were embarrassed yes, but for some reason you were beginning to feel more comfortable. Maybe it was because of the fact you weren't the only embarrassed one. "Sorry it's a bit of a mess" Tim said before throwing some scattered papers on his desk. You took note of the amount of coffee cups he had scattered around. "I-it's okay" you answered, only with a slight stutter. Hey! Progress!

You cleared your voice, deciding to face your shyness a bit. "S-so, you like coffee I see." Tim was caught off guard, were you making conversation? He smiled before chuckling, "Yeah, my family thinks I have a problem. Do you?" Asking while placing his bag on his desk. You shrugged, "Sometimes."

"So uh, let's get started" he said while pulling out the assignment and his laptop. Hesitantly you sat next to him. He began to explain different designs and ways to make it go the farthest. You both fell into a rhythm. Beginning to become comfortable with him, your amount of talking increased by the minute. It didn't take you both long to hash out an idea and begin to building process. You were done by the time Alfred was back from his errands.

Alfred came to the door at one point but heard you both talking. Deciding to leave you be he let you both continue. You and Tim had gotten to talking about things outside of school, learning a lot about each other, and that you have a lot in common. But he was waiting to touch on a certain subject.

"Hey, um, I mean you don't have to answer this but [F/n] what makes you so shy?" Tim asked curious yet uncertain. You looked away, hiding your face from him. "I um. I was bullied in middle school, vowed when I got to high school I wouldn't do anything to get myself picked on again. Gotham Academy didn't have any of my old classmates so I just didn't attempt to make friends. I was scared if I did history would repeat itself."

Tim nodded in understanding. "I get it, but [F/n] you're really amazing. You're smart and talented, you shouldn't be afraid to be who you are. I mean I'm smart to and people are usually kind." He smiled, trying to reassure you.

"People are more comfortable around you! You're smart, and funny, and cool, and good looking." Blurting out without thinking. Immediately embarrassed you covered your mouth blushing. His face was just as crimson, scratching the back of his neck nervously, "You think I'm good looking?"

Blushing more you threw shyness to the wind and nodded. "I uh I do. Sorry that was weird for me to blurt out. I guess I'm just not used to talking." laughing nervously. "Oh no no don't apologize! I um, I actually feel that way about you."

"You do?" asking him astonished. He chuckled at your shocked expression, "Yeah I do. What would you say to doing something this weekend? Since we already have the project finished."

"I um" smiling sheepishly "I just." You looked up at him, meeting a hopeful look in his eyes. Gulping down your nerves, answering "I would love to." He allowed a wide grin onto his face, nervousness flushing out of his system.

You both were grinning at each other before a knock on the door interrupted you. "Master Timothy, dinner will be ready within the hour. Should we expect Miss [F/n] to be joining us?" You and Tim exchanged a look before you spoke, "I uh, I should actually be getting home soon. My parents will be expecting me for dinner." Your more comfortable tone catching Alfred off guard.

"I will happily give you a ride to your home Miss [F/n]." Alfred smiled at you, happy to see you've come out of your shell. "Master Tim I suggest you prepare for dinner and for tonight" Alfred said before going to get the car.

You packed up your things before pulling your bag over your shoulder. "I guess I will text you" Tim questioned, walking you to the front door. "Yeah, I'd like that" smiling shyly at your feet before he opened the door for you and allowed you out.

He beamed when closing the door. Looking into the living room to see Dick and Jason smirking at him, "Timmy's got a date" Jason teased as Dick laughed. "He took our advice for once, and now he's got the girl. We should have an advice column" Dick looked over to Jason who chuckled. Tim just shook his head and rolled his eyes, "I hate you both."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206 15 5
Living with your vigilante boyfriends for the past year has been amazing, well, almost. Butting heads, old wounds resurfacing and a deadly threat sti...
13.1K 184 28
oneshots of our favorite batfamily REQUESTS ARE OPENED! they/them pronouns includes(current): -dick grayson -jason todd -tim drake -damian wayne -ste...
24.1K 620 14
So this is another Story my little sister wrote! It's a Jason Todd x sister reader, and I think its pretty good, anything with Jason Todd in it is go...
1M 19.2K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...