perfect times โ†’ EMMETT CULLEN...

By dprandall21

๐๐„๐‘๐…๐„๐‚๐“ ๐“๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐’. โ time can't stop me from loving you, and death will never keep me away... More

p / t
e p i g r a p h
p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
i s s u e
a w a r d s
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
e p i l o g u e
b o n u s
s u r p r i s e !
e x t r a

t e n

32.3K 1K 150
By dprandall21

CHAPTER TEN
❝ loneliness ❞

HAYDEN FOUND EMMETT in the parking lot after school was over, a bit over-excited to see him. He noticed her immediately, of course, but wasn't about to stare at her openly. Instead, he kept his eyes on Alice, who continued to chatter after she saw Hayden in the distance. Then, with a quick wink, she turned to face the girl.

"Hello, Hayden," Alice smiles brightly, flashing her pearly whites. "Are you still planning on coming up this weekend?"

"Alice," Emmett sighs, shaking his head. Although, he had to admit, he was looking forward to her coming over, no matter how much he shouldn't. "Don't bother her about this again."

"Hey," Hayden grins back, glancing at Alice. "And of course. That is- if you guys want me to."

She looked to Emmett, raising an eyebrow. He rolls his eyes at her jokingly, before nodding in acceptance. Alice grew happy in an instant, before spinning around, and darting over to Jasper.

"So, about that dinner on Friday . . . " Emmett trails off, tilting his head to the side.

"You don't have to come if it's an inconvenience," she says, cutting him off. "I just- I was hoping my parents would start paying more attention if I brought someone in."

It was obvious that her mother cared whether or not there was a boy in her house, since she had taken the time to ask about Paul. But Hayden had told her there was nothing going on; therefore, she wouldn't focus too harshly on him. But if there was someone else . . . someone that Hayden obviously felt something for . . .

But Emmett wouldn't know that.

"I was actually going to ask what time you wanted me over," he chuckles lightly, tilting his head to the side.

"Oh," Hayden glances to the ground, hoping that her hair would hide the pink flush on her cheeks. "Anytime after school is fine."

"I could give you a ride home from school and stay," Emmett suggests, "unless you have any better ideas."

"Are you insinuating that you have better ideas than me?" The girl raises an eyebrow, her eyes finding his. "Because you and I both know that you're wrong. I can be just as smart as you."

"Then what's your idea?"

She couldn't answer his question, because she didn't have an idea. But that wouldn't stop the brunette- she needed to prove that she could function under pressure. But unfortunately, with his gorgeous eyes on her, Hayden couldn't seem to come up with anything. Maybe it was the butterflies in her stomach that kept her from thinking too hard.

"Your idea is fine, there's no need to think of another one," she replies, running her fingers through her curls. "But you'd have to pick me up for school that morning, too. I'd rather not leave my car here over the weekend."

"Of course, princess," Emmett rolls his eyes jokingly, hoping she wouldn't take offense. "Want your carriage, too?"

"I'd prefer a car, I'm not all in for over-extravagance. But if it helps you sleep at night, I'm sure I can handle it," she grins.

Emmett felt something course through his body when she smiled, and he had the sudden urge to wrap her up in his arms and never let go. He saw how much her parents' attention meant to her, and wasn't about to let her down. If anything, he'd do it just to see her smile. That was the only thing that kept him happy.

"Whatever makes you happy," he says before he can stop himself. Hayden blushed again, the apples of her cheeks turning red.

"I better get going," Hayden turns, pulling her car keys from her bag. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah," he waves, watching as she turns to leave.

For some reason- a known one, at that- he wanted to follow her. Whether it be to make sure she was okay, or to just talk with her a little longer, he wanted to leave with her. And so he acted on his better instincts, and stepped forward.

"Wait!" He calls out, the brunette turning with an expectant expression. "Why don't we hang out tonight? I could take you to my place. I'm sure Alice wouldn't mind you coming over early."

"Really?" Hayden's heart sped up, if just a little. "I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind if I'm not home tonight. How does six sound?"

"Six sounds perfect."

Six would never be soon enough for Emmett; but he wasn't about to tell Hayden that.

---

It wasn't a surprise to Hayden when she got home to find that her parents weren't home. It was normal, and she had to admit that she was relieved. The girl wasn't too fond of the idea of her mother's second confrontation, nor would she stick around to sit through it. Besides, she had homework and other problems to worry about.

As Hayden threw her bag onto her bed and took off her jacket, the doorbell sounded from downstairs. Of course she wasn't going to have a moment of peace; she hadn't since she moved here. It hadn't even been a week yet, and she had already been through enough to make all of her hair fall out. Luckily, it hadn't.

With a sigh, she moves down the stairs, crossing her fingers that her parents weren't showing up. But they had their keys, and would have no reason to ring the doorbell. And there was always the chance that there was a psychotic murderer at her doorstep, just waiting to put a bullet through her head, then rummage through all of her belongings.

Opening the door, she came face-to-face with Jacob Black.

"Hey Jacob, what's up?" Hayden asks, glancing behind him. "Are you here alone?"

"Paul sent me," he explains, running his fingers through his short hair. "We were wondering if you wanted to come with us to get some fireworks. Sam wants to let some off this weekend since school's ending."

"But we still have a month of school," she furrows her eyebrows. "Why would you let them off this weekend?"

"School at the rez ends early," Jacob flashes his pearly whites. "It's a blessing."

"Lucky," Hayden mumbles, before meeting his eyes. "Unfortunately, I can't go tonight. I'm going out with a friend, and probably won't be back until late."

"Oh, Bella?"

"Bella isn't my only friend," she scoffs, sticking her tongue out. "I'm leaving with Emmett, actually. I'm going to hang out with his family for the rest of the day."

Jacob grew rigid, his body freezing up. He swallowed, his eyes on the ground for a moment. "Cullen, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"He and his family . . . we just don't . . . get along too well," he responds. "I assume Paul has shown his distaste for them, too."

"I don't think I understand why you wouldn't like them," Hayden shakes her head. "They're nice people, and very welcoming. Why don't you get along?"

"We just don't."

"Maybe if you tried just a little harder, or tell me why you don't get along, I could help out-"

"Just be careful, okay?" Jacob instructs. "I don't trust that family, let alone trust them around you. If you need anything, just text Paul and we'll come get you."

"Thanks," she murmers, watching as he nods, before turning to walk away.

As Hayden shuts the door behind her, she leans against it for a moment. The girl wanted so badly to know why the Cullens and her friends at the rez didn't get along, or even handle hearing the name of one another. It was confusing, and the curiosity was getting the best of her. Forks was turning out to be a strange place after all.

Hayden opened the door again, opening her mouth to call out for Jacob. She wanted answers, and she wanted them now. But as she looked around, he was nowhere to be seen.

She hadn't heard a car start up, and surely he would still be in sight if he were walking home. The brunette closed the door once again, and made her way up to her bedroom window for a better view. Hayden parted her curtains, eyeing the surroundings of her home. Jacob was nowhere in sight, nor was anyone else.

In the distance, just at the edge of the woods, her eyes locked on a large frame. It wasn't of a boy; but of a wolf. A large wolf- one with butterscotch fur, and the size to take down absolutely anything. Hayden leans closer to the window, placing her hand against the glass. The wolf seemed to notice, it's eyes snapping up to where she was standing.

Hayden flinched, before gasping at the familiar chocolate brown eyes that stared back at her. She could've swore they resembled Jacob's.

But before she could look any closer, the wolf was gone. Hayden removed her hand from the glass, taking a few steps back as she sat down on her bed.

Forks was definitely weirder than she ever could've imagined.

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 30.7K 80
โFalling in love is easy, keeping love is not.โž โYou can't tell me who I'm allowed to be with! I know my heart better than you ever could.โž โI never...
26.9K 555 22
[UNDER MINOR EDITING] PREVIOUSLY TITLED "โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ฒ๐”ญ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ" ... ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ช...
147K 4.7K 26
๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Ž๐๐‹๐˜ ๐„๐—๐‚๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐| โWhy did you just leave me like that?โž โBecause I thought ...
1.2M 35.3K 13
โSomeday someone is going to look at you with a light in their eyes you've never seen, they'll look at you like you're everything they've been lookin...