Dating The Fame

By _Leahh

Can Genesis deal with the slander from the media, obsessive stalkers, betrayal and the trust issues? All of t... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: G Shit
Chapter 2: Drunken
Chapter 3: Making A Move
Chapter 5: All The Stars
Chapter 6: Cravings
Chapter 7: I Am Not
Chapter 8: The Kiss
Chapter 9: Gardening Tool
Chapter 10: Brother
Chapter 11: Mine
Chapter 12: Meeting the Fam
Chapter 13: Twitter Fingers
Chapter 14: NYC
Chapter 15: Intimacy
Chapter 16: Should've Told You
Chapter 17: Body II Body
Chapter 18: Blondie
My Heart
Chapter 19: Past
Chapter 20: Leaked
Chapter 21: Don't Look Back
Chapter 22: You Should Stay
Chapter 23: Different Now
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: The Weekend
Chapter 26: The Awards
Chapter 27: Opportunites
Chapter 28: Controlling
Chapter 29: Desperado
Chapter 30: Tore Up
Chapter 31: Moving On
Chapter 32: Kick off
Chapter 33: Pride
Chapter 34: Monica
Chapter 35: Twenty-Three
Chapter 36: Twenty Three pt. 2
Chapter 37: Timing is Everything
Chapter 38: Mistake
Chapter 39: Chill Bill
Chapter 40: Substance
Chapter 41: Circle of Life
Chapter 42: Holiday
Chapter 43: VA

Chapter 4: Don't Mind

2.7K 104 67
By _Leahh

Genesis,

Fortunately, a week was definitely enough time for this trip. Throughout this hour and a half flight my mind has been dazing off to what TJ could have planned for the day. He even told me to dress accordingly because after my flight he'll take me to go eat and a tour of LA. I always like to travel comfortably so it was hard enough for me to pull this off in jeans and a crop tee.

The second we landed I removed my phone from airplane mode and texted the girls about my arrival. They have been more excited for this trip then I am.

Destiny's Child 👯‍♀️

Serenity: OMG, have fun! Call us later today to fill us in on everything!!!

Logan: Unless you're getting some dick. Then do your thing sis.

Me: For the last time Lo it is not like that!

Logan: Girl yes it is. He flown you out, that's real.

Serenity: Fr, because not many long distance relationship get this far. Lmao

I rolled my eyes as I loaded off the plane, following everyone else as they lead me to baggage claim. Tj mentioned to me that he'll be waiting out by baggage claim once I texted him about my landing. I'm actually excited to spend my first day in LA with Tj because I know he wouldn't disappoint.

My eyes scanned the area once I reached the baggage belt and I frown when I couldn't spot TJ. Everyone else around were hugged up and meeting with families and loved ones. Instead of becoming discouraged from looking lonely, I pulled out my phone as I plugged my headphones in.

"Excuse me miss," Someone mumbled as they slid their hand over my hip. I snapped my head in the direction as the familiar laugh filled my ears.

"TJ! Boy you had me thinking you were late." I stressed while slapping his bicep.

"Ohh girl these braids fire, who did dem?" He teased pulling on the tip of my braids while his southern accent slipped.

I smiled, "Thanks! Your mom did." I joked while flipping my hair over my shoulders.

Tj pursed his lips. "Here you go with those tired ass mama jokes."

"Shut up, there go my bag. Grab it please!" I point towards my medium size red suitcase.

"Damn, can I get a hug first?" He smiled while holding his long arms out. I snickered and fell into his hold taking in his masculine scent. Tj is so skinny I could wrap my arms around him twice if I wanted to. "We gon' have some fun, G." He smirked while scooping my suitcase.

"We better. I didn't drop everything to come out here for nothing."

"Girl, you was going to come regardless because it was a free ticket. Who you frontin' on?"

"You right." I laughed as he lead me to his car parked across the street. "So where we going first?"

"You hungry?" He questioned as he threw my bag into the trunk. I swear those words always sound like heaven to me no matter who asks.

"I declined the complimentary snacks just for some real food, so take me some place good."

Tj laughs as he started up his car. During the car ride into the city I snapped a couple of pictures. I was amazed how close I've been all along but never visited. LA is really beautiful. All I could hear was Jay-Z and Beyoncé Hollywood playing in my head as I stared out the window.

"You heard me, G?"

"Huh?" My head snapped in TJ direction as he held a goofy grin on his face.

"I said with nothing going on in Henderson you should really consider moving out here," He shrugged causing me to look at him fatuous.

"Boy I can't afford to live out here. Besides I'll be leaving Serenity and Logan behind." I know that Vegas and LA were only like a four hour drive apart but it is still too risky. I wouldn't even know what type of job to get out here.

"Well it's something to sleep on." He assured as we pulled into a complete stop. "We here."

I glanced out the window at the unfamiliar restaurant as Tj ran around and open the door for me. I thanked him as I pulled on my small denim jacket sleeve as I awaited for him to walk in first. The restaurant was labeled as a Scratch Kitchen which I have never heard of before.

"We ordering drinks or do you want to wait until tonight?" Tj asked once we were seated at a booth.

I raised my eyebrow. "What's tonight?"

"What you mean? It's Friday night in LA, you know we gotta hit something crazy up." He says while rubbing his hands together. I roll my eyes playfully.

"So, wait, is this entire weekend our date or what?"

"Nah," He licked over his lips. "Our date is on Sunday. You brought a dress right?"

I shook my head. "Actually Sevyn promised to help me go shopping to find one." I grinned as he give me a straight face. "What? I hope you didn't think I was going to come here and not do a little Hollywood shopping."

"Girls." He mumbled while shaking his head.

"And you love us,"

>>>>>>>>

Lunch was super filling that I couldn't function straight during the tour Tj gave me. I was so full that I knew the second I sat somewhere comfortable I would fall asleep instantly. Luckily, Tj tour didn't last long and we were in the car to head back.

"So, I hope you don't mind, but Chris has offered for us to stay at his place while you're here."

I raised my eyebrow. "Like at his house? Wait, will he not be there or something—" Tj cut my off by laughing.

"Nah, he'll be there. It's just my place sort of occupied and he claims it's better than us spending money on a hotel."

"Oh," I muttered. "I don't mind. As long as it's not a bother to him."

I couldn't lie and say I wasn't secretly nervous. I was going to be staying in a celebrity's house for the weekend. No matter how many times I repeated it in my head, each time sounds more serial.

"Trust me, I think Chris actually likes you." TJ snickered. "Like that's my boy and I think y'all going to get along nicely."

Tj did mention to me how him and Chris go way back to Virginia days. They've known each other since they were little boys and once Chris got big he felt obligated to bring his boys up with him. Tj also mentioned how all the boys I have seen around Chris, they all go way back to baggy clothes.

"I hope so, I know how much your friendship with him means to you."

Tj nodded while smiling. "That's my brother."

I admired Tj and Chris relationship together. Chris has been helping take care of him and their friends all this time. While they help him get through everything he's been through recently. It's rare to see real friendships like that now a days.

When Tj stared to drive into a gated community, I knew we had to be close to Chris' house. The neighborhood was filled with nicely built homes from modern to Mediterranean. I snapped of couple of pictures seeing as I could be passing Kanye West house without even knowing.

But out of all those tremendously phenomenal houses we passed, it was hard to miss the one we pulled in front of. The house has Lamborghinis lined up the street with corvettes and Bentleys. The house appeared as a two story, maybe more, with graffiti all against the white wooden fence. Seeing as Chris is an artistic person, it was clear to see this was his house.

"Go up and ring the bell, I'll grab your things." He instructed as he unlocked the car.

Butterflies filled my stomach as I pulled at my sleeves again out of habit. I felt like an ant walking up to the front door of this gigantic home. Glancing over my shoulder, Tj was still struggling to take things out the car as I rang the doorbell. I waited about 30 seconds before the locks started to click. I held my breath as the door swung open revealing a tall and slim light skin male with almost blonde facial hair and curls. His eyes read that he was bored as he nodded in my direction.

"What's up. You must be Jayla, I'm Rob." He held his hand out for mine to slap.

"Genesis." I corrected.

"Nigga you know her name." Tj spat from behind me causing Rob to laugh.

"I'm just fucking with you, come in. I'm Chris' cousin by the way. Chris probably somewhere sleep though." He rambled as I entered the vanilla scented home. My eyes scanned the area that held up so much character. If the outside wasn't obvious enough, the inside definitely let you know this was Chris Brown's house.

Mechanical Dummy was written in graffiti up on the walls next to large flat screens.

"Come on shorty, let me show you what room you in." Tj nudged my shoulders. Damn can a bitch gawk for a second?

"We're in two separate rooms?" I asked as I followed him suite.

"Yeah, I thought since you stuck with me all weekend I might as well give you a little space."

"How thoughtful of you." I say sarcastically causing him to nudge me.

As we walked down the halls I notice pictures of Chris and I assume his family. Some photos where just him and two woman. Others was him and a bunch of other boys holding up hand signs like they were in a gang.

"Is this you?" I giggled pointing at Tj in the corner of the photo. Everything he had on was three sizes too big. Even the bald cap on his heads.

"Yeah, not too much though. I'm cute."

"Right." I laughed as Tj turned the corner into the bedroom. The room was painted light blue with a queen size bed that had purple sheets. The dressers and vanity was a nice white wood that complimented the walls.

"Mama J, Chris' mom, usually sleeps in here." He mentioned as I walked up to the window. I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh, I don't want to kick his mom out of a room."

Tj shook his head. "Nah, his mom back in VA with his aunt. Chris actually picked out this room for ya."

"Really?" He nodded as he placed my bag down. "Be sure to thank him for me."

"I got'chu." He smiled. "So I really didn't have anything plan for now. I don't know if you want to take a nap or come downstairs. Me and Rob will be in the living room."

"Um, yeah, I'll be down in a minute."

TJ nodded and cracked the door behind him as he left. I smiled and glanced out the window at the view of the neighborhood and those houses that had pools. It must be so nice to live like celebrities do. Sometimes, when I was younger, I would hope I have some hidden talent deep down to sing, rap or dance for this life. Then I realized I have this obsession with talking and being on the radio seems intriguing.

Though the only person that knows about this dream is Serenity.

I flopped down on the bed while kicking off my red converse. I know the girls were somewhere waiting to hear back from me. I pulled out my laptop from my suitcase and decided to call them on OOVOO.

"Bitchhhhhhh. Where you at?" Logan answered immediately.

"That doesn't look like a hotel." Serenity raised her eyebrow.

"That's because it's not. I'm staying at Chris Brown's house."

Both Logan and Serenity jaw dropped causing me to laugh hysterically.

"I'm on my way." Serenity mumbled as she started throwing clothes on her bed.

"I know you fucking lying." Logan groaned. "How the hell you get into staying there?"

I snickered. "Tj told me that Chris himself actually offered. He said it's better than paying for a hotel."

"Omg," Serenity sighed placing her hand over her heart. "He is so generous. Like he's perfect."

"I know right." I laughed as my cheeks started heating up.

"Do you remember where his house is located? Asking for a friend." Logan shrugged.

I pursed my lips. "Not really. I could maybe show you but I don't know the roads like that—"

I was cut off by two light knocks on the door. My head turns towards the door as it swung open revealing Chris in tank top and basketball shorts.

"Hey, TJ told me you were up here." He smiled. Wow. His smile is literally breathtaking.

"Yeah, thank you for letting me stay here. That is really sweet of you." I mentioned as he pulled me into a hug. My hands ran up his back as my face laid into his chest. He smelt like he was fresh out the shower which explains his angel soft skin.

"Who is that?"

"Hellooooooo?"

I pulled away from the hug as the girls started yelling from the computer. Chris chuckled as I reached over and turned the camera towards us.

"Yo." Chris bent down into the camera. "How y'all doing?"

"Omg." Serenity gasps.

"Heey. You gon' let me come stay over there too?" Logan asks while flipping her hair.

"Fasho. Y'all should come up for the weekend." He teased.

"Don't get them started." I shook my head as Logan and Serenity rambled on.

Chris chuckled before turning towards me. "You look pretty." He says while touching the tips of my braids.

"Thank you." I blush staring down at his skull tattoo.

He smiled before leaning in, reaching for the door knob. "I'll see you downstairs."

I nodded while watching him leave the room. The minute he stepped out I released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Your panties wet huh?"

I rolled my eyes as Serenity and Logan started teasing me. But no matter what they were saying, my mind kept drifting off to this weekend. I felt really good about it for some reason.

__________________

Y'all so I went on TJ's live on the 4th showing him popping fireworks or whatever. But when I tell y'all that boy is country 💀💀💀. Like I wonder is Chris that country when he's in VA.

More chapters coming 👯‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 222 23
When 2 worlds collide. 16 year old Bill Kaulitz and 15 year old Genesis Mejia meet and fall in love. The struggles of being a celebrity, the lies, ru...
25.8K 1K 33
🇯🇲 Meet Amari Osaka Her family is pretty much Jamaican royalty, however she wants to live an almost normal hard working life, so she moves to Amer...
2.4K 59 21
A girl that meets her boyfriend at a club and has a one night stand with him and falls in love and just wishes nothing goes bad between them two beca...
Fame By Preeda

General Fiction

16K 932 16
What can fame do to you?? Come and aee arylie journey