district 17 | svt

נכתב על ידי tofusguitar

| svt x reader | - you and 13 other boys try to escape the dystopian world you called your home. - inspired... עוד

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
1
2
3
4
5
6
ID NUMBER 11
7
8
9
10
11
ID NUMBER 359
ID NUMBER 3733
12
13
14
15
17
ID NUMBER 7
18
19
20
21
22

16

89 6 2
נכתב על ידי tofusguitar

{ D - 120 }

Today was the first day of training.

There were only a few of the recruits that would train today, just to keep the low profile. All of them had to learn defense combat skills, however only a few were chosen to learn how to operate and shoot the guns in order to protect the other members.

These few included Mingyu, Junhui, Seohyeon, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Seungkwan and Chan. Although Chan and Seungkwan were assured they probably wouldn't have to do much shooting or fighting during the mission since they were still very young, Jisoo wanted to make sure they at least knew how to operate the guns just in case.

Junhui and Seohyeon walked together towards the training gymnasium, talking about the novel they were reading together. Yesterday they were able to read a few more chapters of the book, and the story seemed to become more and more enlightening to Seohyeon. She rambled on and on about the plot practically the entire way to the gymnasium, not that Junhui minded. He liked it when she talked passionately like that; she made even the littlest things seem so exciting.

"It's such a simple plot," she continued, "but the story is just so... exhilarating to read!"

"You're right," Junhui smiled, "No matter how many times I read it, I always find it enjoyable, especially the ending."

"The ending?"

Junhui nodded. "The ending is just so... beautiful."

He looked over at Seohyeon, a playful look on his face.

"Of course not as beautiful as you," he complimented.

Seohyeon could feel her face grow hot and flush red. Junhui always said things like that out of nowhere, and she thought she would be used to it by now. However, no matter how many times he complimented her, she couldn't get over it. The way he would just say it straight forward with direct eye contact- it made Seohyeon's heart race uncontrollably. His constant praising and showering of compliments made her feel so flustered, yet it also made her feel good inside.

Seohyeon quickly cleared her throat and pointed over towards the Training Center.

"O-oh look! She stammered, "We're already here!"

She awkwardly averted her gaze and began to run towards the building, making Junhui chuckle as he watched her dash away.

"She's so cute," he mumbled to himself. He took a deep breath in before running after her to catch up.

"Hey! Wait for me!"

_________

Jeonghan slowly paced back and forth, examining each recruit. The students stood side by side in a perfectly straight line, almost as still as dolls. Each had a serious determined expression, which only made Jeonghan nod with satisfaction.

"Okay kids," Jeonghan began, slowly pacing back and forth, "Today's the first day of your official training for Operation..."

He thought for a moment and looked back at Jisoo, who was sitting on one of the benches behind the chosen recruits.

"What's the name of our operation again, Shua?"

Jisoo shrugged. "We don't have one."

"We don't have one!" Jeonghan continued. "Anyways I, Jeonghan, will be your instructor for today."

He flashed a proud grin before taking a bow, allowing the other students to clap for him. One student, however, simply raised his hand to ask a question. When Jeonghan stood up straight once again and saw the hand, his smile fell to an annoyed frown.

"The session hasn't even started and there's already someone who wants to ask a question,"
He mumbled before letting out a sigh.

He pointed towards the tall recruit who was raising his hand. "Yes, Mingyu, what is it."

"With all do respect," Mingyu began, "but do you actually have experience in combat?"

"Do I have experience in- Jisoo he asked me if I have experience in combat!" Jeonghan called out in disbelief, making his friend chuckle and motion him to continue.

"Well, do you?" Mingyu asked again, a little more firm than before.

Jeonghan took a few steps closer towards Mingyu until their faces were only a feet apart. As they stared each other down, their expressions growing more and more serious.

"Why?" Jeonghan asked. "Do you think Jisoo would ask me to train you guys for this mission if I didn't have experience?"

"I'm just curious, that's all," Mingyu responded. "You were locked up in prison for over six years. I mean, there's a possibility that you could've lost all of your so-called 'skills.'"

Jeonghan crossed his arms over his chest and slowly stepped away. He kept a blank expression on his face as he walked about ten feet away from the rest of the crew. He pointed at Mingyu and motioned for the younger to come over, causing the student to look over at him with confusion.

"You, tall one that talks too much, come over here," Jeonghan commanded.

Hesitantly, Mingyu walked over to where the instructor was standing, standing a good distance away from him. Jeonghan's apathetic expression grew into a smirk. He held up one hand motioned with his fingers for Mingyu to come forward.

"One round," He said.

"Oh say less," the student responded.

Mingyu got into position, his hands curled up into fists with knees bent and feet planted in the ground. His eyes were focused on the instructor, who was in a loose stance. Jeonghan was still smirking, standing up straight with his arms frolder over his chest.

"I'm ready when you are," Jeonghan shrugged.

Mingyu darted at Jeonghan, getting his fists ready to strike the instructor. He swung his fists directly at Jeonghan, only for the older to dodge his punch with one swift turn. He gracefully whipped out one of his hands, striking Mingyu in the side with a hit so impacting it made Mingyu stumble. The young trainee staggered a few inches past Jeonghan before he caught his balance once again. Clutching onto his side that was struck, he looked back at Jeonghan, extremely shocked.

The instructor slowly bent his knees and planted his feet into the ground. He no longer had a lazy expression on his face. Instead, his eyes were fierce and intimidating; and his smug grin was even scarier than before, sending a shiver up all of the recruits' spines.

Mingyu tried to brush off the intimidation he felt and began to charge at Jeonghan once more. They continued to fight, and the rest of the crew continued to watch. No matter how many times Mingyu tried to hit or kick Jeonghan, the older would dodge or block each move with ease. Sure, Mingyu was quick, but Jeonghan was even quicker.

After a good five minutes, Mingyu was exhausted and completely out of breath. Meanwhile, Jeonghan remained composed, just like how he was in the beginning. Frustrated, Mingyu shouted as he weakly charged one more time at his opponent, who only rolled his eyes. Before Mingyu could even swing a punch, Jeonghan gripped onto Mingyu's arm and pinned it behind the younger's back. He kicked Mingyu's legs, causing the trainee to wobble and fall on his face. Once he reached the ground, Jeonghan was on top of him, pinning his body to the floor.

Silence filled the room as the two stayed in position, both panting for air. Jeonghan leaned closer until his face was only inches away from Mingyu's. He gave a glare so deadly it made Mingyu scared out of his mind.

"Next time you look down on me for being imprisoned for six years of my life," Jeonghan began, his voice quiet but threatening, "I'll hit every single pressure point in your body so hard, you won't be able to move for a month."

Mingyu anxiously gulped down the lump in his throat, his eyes quivering nervously.

"Are we clear?" The instructor asked, causing Mingyu to frantically nod.

Jeonghan flashed a satisfied smile and stepped away from Mingyu, letting go of the arm he was pinning behind his back. He held out a hand for Mingyu to grab, which the younger hesitantly gripped onto. Jeonghan pulled Mingyu up to his feet and gave him a hearty slap on the back, causing the younger to flinch in pain.

"Rough start I admit; but let's get along from now on!" Jeonghan said cheerfully, as if he hadn't just mercilessly pinned Mingyu to the ground a few seconds ago.

"Y-yes... sir."

The older laughed at the boy's sudden awkwardness before walking toward the rest of the students who had been watching the entire fight from afar.

"Okay! Let's get started shall we?"

They all stared at him in silence, all having the same shocked expression. Just two minutes ago, Jeonghan was practically threatening Mingyu with a piercing glare as he slammed the guy to the floor. Now, he seemed completely harmless with an innocent look in his eyes.

"This guy's crazy."

"Soonyoung, not now," Jihoon scolded.

___________

"That was so tiring," Seungkwan sighed with exhaustion, walking along side with Chan. "Thank goodness its finally Third Meal! I feel like I could eat two trays of food."

"I feel you," Chan agreed, still trying to catch his breath. "Who knew Jeonghan would work us to the bone- he's brutal."

"At least we learned something," Seungkwan pointed out, in which his friend nodded with agreement.

As the two continued to walk to the dining hall, Seungkwan saw a familiar pair of boys walking a little ways ahead of them. His eyes lit up as he suddenly darted towards them, causing Chan to whine with annoyance and call after him to wait up. While ignoring the younger's nagging, Seungkwan caught up to the two boys until he was right behind them.

"Yo!" He shouted, causing one to flinch and the other to yelp dramatically.

"Seungkwan!" Seokmin shouted back, "Don't startle me like that!"

"Sorry not sorry," Seungkwan teased, making the older laugh.

He looked over at Hansol, who was smiling a little while watching them bicker. However, once Seungkwan and the latter made eye contact, Hansol's smile suddenly faded and he looked straight ahead of him to avoid Seungkwan's gaze. The blond-haired boy immediately noticed this and groaned with irritation. He squeezed in the space between Hansol and Seokmin as he tried to make conversation with the younger.

"So Hansol," he began, making room for himself to walk beside the taller, "Did you learn anything today? You know, for the mission."

Hansol looked at him, a little shocked. Seungkwan was talking to him? Seungkwan asked him about his day? He quickly tried to think of how to respond.

"O-oh..." Hansol stammered, "Well uhm.... we learned about...how to operate... the bikes."

"Really? Wow that sounds so cool," Seungkwan said in awe, "Kinda wish I learned that instead of training today. Man, it was so exhausting!"

He heard the latter chuckle, which made him smile. Seungkwan knew that his presence still made Hansol a little uncomfortable, though he never really knew why. Seeing Hansol laugh seemed like a sign the he was growing on the younger.

"Well... what did you guys do?" Hansol asked quietly, smiling a little wider.

"Oh don't get me started, Hansol," Seungkwan then started to go off on a ramble about the intense training he had to go through.

He talked and talked and talked the entire way to the Dining Hall, and Hansol simply listened happily, adding in a few comments here or there. Hansol felt so relieved during their entire conversation. After all these years, he was finally able to have a normal conversation with his long lost childhood friend. He didn't feel anxious around Seungkwan anymore. He didn't feel anxious to crack a few jokes as they talked.

He was proud of himself.

As Seungkwan and Hansol were laughing and chatting nonstop, they completely forgot about their other two friends who were walking a few steps behind them. Chan and Seokmin watched as the two talked cheerfully while walking,

which was a sight that made them smile.

__________

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

6.8K 473 12
A difficult school life of seventeen This story involves Bullying, self harm, suicide, parental issues, school standards and many negative things. P...
1.8K 116 14
In which a shattered boy meets a boy who just lost his job. Started: 10/19/22 Ended: 12/18/22 Reading time: 54 min
26.5K 1.1K 40
(lower case intended) genre: best friends to lovers, college life, bxb two best friends: a lovesick boy & an oblivious fool
289K 13.9K 40
just a story about the life of thirteen wild boys in college