WoF OC Reviews

By WAFFLEZYAIBOI

Wings of Fire OC Reviews! Not my original idea. (If you don't know what OCs are, they are "Original Character... More

OTHER OC REVIEWERS
Rules + Form 2 (CLOSED)
All 10/10 Characters!
S h O U t O uT
me got tagged
gUYS NEW INFO ON PANTALA AND THE LOST CONTINENT
MORE INFO ON PANTALA & TLC!!
General Staurolite
Adpotus
(Technically Princess?) Flame
(Technically Princess?) Flame (re-do)
Papaya
Scoria
Axolotl
Blackbird
Alpine
Alpine (re-do)
Papaya (re-do)
Princess Skyseeker
Pfefferminz/Elfenbein
Bog
Princess Mischievous
Lääke
Ex-King Thaw
King Fog
Whitescales
Prince Andronikos
Soveliss
Pinniped
Queen (ew) Instagram
Inkwriter
Prince Aerodynamic
Eclipse
Ex-Captain Alligator
Tidal
Starsong
Nightstrike/Lostmind
Soveliss (re-do)
Morpho
Hollow
Chuckwalla
Ether
Commander Shadowstalker
Dr. Maroon
Buttonbush
Nightingale
General Viper
Solar
Prince Sirelabus
Prince Sirelabus (re-do)
--LightningWings--
--SeasonWings--
Updating the Rating System
Vanilla
Needle
Hey so here's a cool person that you should probably follow
--AstralWings--
IMPORTANT! #ProtectOurCommunity
Crystal & Shade
Polaris
Happy New Years, Y'all
Macaw
Everglade
Goshawk
Heatwave
Amaryllis
VACCINATE YOUR KIDS!
Icenight
--ShadowWings--
Ex-King Nocturnal
Savannah
Bedrock
Tarantula
Lemming
Ink
Boa
Queen Nisaetus
Princess Humpback
Tombwalker
Joy
Ox
Duskwolf
Lapis
Tundra
--CrystalWings--
--SwiftWings--
where the hell have i been

Opuntia

218 10 2
By WAFFLEZYAIBOI

Name: Opuntia

A good, original name.

Age: 30

Good age.

Gender: Female

Okay.

Tribe: SandWing

Okay.

Era: About 50 years after the DoD

Okay.

Sexuality: Asexual

What about her romantic orientation though?

Appearance: Opuntia has pale sandy brown scales with a dark brown colour on the tip of each scale, freckles,

Why do all NightWings and SandWings have freckles? I blame Qibli and Fatespeaker Is2g

an off-white underbelly, white brittle claws and horns, beige wing membrane, a small bony frame, she wears a large cloak whenever she goes outside in the public and has bags under her eyes.

She's a coward, quiet, gullible and clingy towards her closest friends/family.

Once you get to be her friend however, you'll know that Opuntia's really just a way too trusting, generous, peaceful and compassionate floof that just needs a big, warm hug.

There's definitely more you could add, but I can imagine her pretty well. Just maybe stretch out her personality a little more — a common issue, I see, with OCs, is the fact that — I'm bad at explaining, so I'm really sorry — that a lot of OCs' personality is centered on one thing. It doesn't expand. It just focuses on one or two things, and it elaborates on those two things, but no matter how in-depth you get with those two things, you need MORE. More traits. Elaboration is good, but main traits are equally as important, maybe even more important.

Family:

Mother: Cairo, a thin 63 year of SandWing with sandy yellow scales, freckles, a beige under belly and a light brownish yellow wing membrane.

Cool. The freckles are genetic, I assume?

Father: He left before Opuntia hatched, but his name is Sobek and doesn't really matter. Like at all. He has pale yellow scales with dark brown diamond shaped designs, and an off white underbelly.

I'm glad you offered an explanation anyway, despite how he doesn't matter to the story.

Sister: A transgender named Gila with hardly noticeable freckles on her face, beige scales with a tint of yellow, the tip of her tail and paws are a darker beige colour, and a pale yellow underbelly.

Cool kiddo.

Abilities: Opuntia is small and swift, giving her the advantage of being a bit hard to hit with fire. She has venom in her barb, can breathe fire and live in hot temperatures like ever other SandWing. However, she's the absolute weakest dragon there is and can't fight for the life of her.

I can imagine.

Also, you said she was swift? Okay, maybe she'd be able to do it with short bursts of adrenaline, but otherwise, I don't think she'd be very swift, with how weak she is.

Fears: Becoming "fat" again, dying a painful and lonely death and being the center of attention, either with or without her cloak to cover her body.

Aww, baby.

Likes: Being alone in her room but will make an exception for Gila, although she rarely eats, Opuntia likes eating fried seagull, and she loves flying. It makes her feel free, and makes her worrys disappear for a while.

Poor Opunti.

Dislikes: Opuntia hates bugs and arachanidis, and would push the closet dragons towards the bug to save herself from the wrath of a disgusting bug and then she would run away.

Pretty realistic.

Opuntia absolutely hates being stared at, and avoids eye contact with nearly everyone just so she doesn't have to look into their disgusted stare.

So sad.

Occupation: She has none as of now.

Okay.

Residence: Opuntia grew up in the Scorpion Den but moved and now lives in a medium sized house with her Cairo and Gila in Possibility.

Kk.

Crush/mate: No one.

Ok.

Backstory: (I need help on how she got her eating disorder since the reason I came up with was a little... Meh.)

It's actually not bad. You said you did your research, right? I think it's good. She got her disorder from insecurities and bullying, did she not?

The reason you've provided fits well enough, but I am NOT an expert, so please don't immediately assume I'm an expert, because I'm really not. Based on what I know, this is pretty realistic, but then again I'm not the right person to ask if you want to know if this is realistic or not, because I simply don't know enough to tell you.

So, please take everything I say with a grain of salt, as I don't know very much about the subject. Also, if I somehow offend/offended anybody, I am truly sorry.

Opuntia was always... How do I put this? She was quite chubby as a dragonet. The other dragonets would bother her and bully her, but Opuntia would just ignore them. She doesn't know them, their opinions don't matter... Right?

Aww. I can see where this is going. Poor baby. Yeah, that's right! Their opinions don't matter.

As the tormenting continued, Opuntia slowly started to believe them. Every time she looked at her reflection, she would be saddened and would want to change herself.

Aw.

This feeling increased each time she looked at her reflection.

Her family would deny that she was "fat," and say that she was perfect just the way she was and Opuntia believed them. She wanted to believe them, but she slowly started to think that they were lying as time passed.

I would imagine that one would.

Opuntia was soon disgusted of how she looked. She wanted to change herself, she wanted to be skinny so badly so she started to work out, wearing out her body and she was getting skinnier, but it wasn't enough for her.

Opuntia ate more then a normal SandWing needed to, so switching to eating one small lizard every four or so weeks was a big change for her. Every two months, Opuntia would eat less and less until if she ate less, she'd die.

Oh no... but as sad as this is, from my experiences (I never experienced such things myself, but I knew people who went through this sort of thing), this is pretty realistic.

Opuntia was getting skinnier and skinnier, but she still saw the same chubby SandWing. Her family noticed this, and tried to stop her but there's only so much they can do.

This diet made her proud of herself, proud of how much control she was in. After months and months of Opuntia's family bothering her to eat, she figured out a new way to get skinny but not cause worry to Gila and Ciaro. She would eat in front of them, and when no one was around, she would erase it. Obviously, this process was incredibly painful.

Opuntia grew bags under her eyes from how tired she always was, fainting from malnourishment was now normal for Opuntia and she became so skinny that you can count the vertabraes on her spine.

When Opuntia broke out of her terrible eating disorder, she was the skinniest she ever looked. Now when she looks at her reflection, she's disgusted by her bony structure. This isn't what she wanted, she just wanted to look normal.

Oh, poor thing...

Opuntia began to eat normally, but her body would only store fat for the next starvation and Opuntia would go back to her first problem: Being overweight. It was a never ending cycle for her. She was so scared of going back to her chubby self, Opuntia kept going on with her diet to keep herself from getting "fat." Whenever she needs to go outside, she wears a large black cloak to hide her disgusting body. Her family still bothers her to eat, but it never works. This is what Opuntia has shaped her life into. (Oooh, dramatic ending)

You meant SAD ENDING! It's really sad :(

Other: Despite being a SandWing, Opuntia is always cold. This is caused by her eating disorder, Anorexia nervosa. A doctor didn't diagnose her with it, but she has it.

Okay.

My Rating:

9.8/10

(Please see Comments)

Originality: 25/25 (This character is completely original)

Realism: 23/25 (1.5 points knocked off for the personality, .5 points knocked off for the "swift" part in the abilities)

Interest: 25/25 (I'm very interested in this character)

Uniqueness: 25/25 (This character is very unique)

Comments:

This is a GREAT CHARACTER, and I'm really glad I could rate her! However, you must be careful with these sorts of OCs, because it's so easy to offend someone or portray such a disorder incorrectly. If you did your research, there's not much I can say -- just be careful, hmm?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 1.1K 95
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
283K 586 22
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
35.5K 2.3K 57
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...