Boyfriend for the Weekend

By chchcherrybomb93

Ava Baron is a young billionaire businesswoman who inherited a company with her twin brother. One morning, sh... More

Chapter 1: Twins
Chapter 2: Introducing Oliver Royce
Chapter 3: Pseudo Boyfriend Status: FOUND
Chapter 4: How We're Going to Make This Work
Chapter 5: My Road to Redemption
Chapter 6: We Have Arrived
Chapter 7: Resorts are for Families
Chapter 8: Nobody Likes the Blonde
Chapter 9: Game On!
Chapter 10: Years Ago
Chapter 11: Beach Party
Chapter 12: Getting To Know You
Chapter 13: Prom Night 2.0
Chapter 14: That Moment When...
Chapter 15: The Morning After
Chapter 16: Back to Reality
Chapter 17: Alcoholic Beverages and Nightmares
Chapter 18: Too Good to be True
Chapter 19: Someone's Watching Me
Chapter 20: Uneasy Feeling
Chapter 21: Very Fitting
Chapter 22: Black Ties and Not-So-White Lies
Chapter 23: Nasty Can of Worms and More
Chapter 24: Not Forgiving, Not Forgetting
Chapter 25: Lesser Evils
Chapter 26: Everything's more Romantic in the Rain
Chapter 27: Back to Normal
Chapter 28: Standing in the Dark
Chapter 29: Leverage
Chapter 30: Recovery
Chapter 31: Waiting
Chapter 33: Better Late than Never
Chapter 34: Bedside Manners
Chapter 35: Done Wasting Time
Chapter 36: Unreal
Chapter 37: THE Wedding
EPILOGUE

Chapter 32: Facing your Demons

47.9K 1.4K 179
By chchcherrybomb93

A/n 

I know it's a long time coming, but I have school and life is hard, basically.

Anyway, double update for Maegan! Hi, thank you for reading my story! :D

OLIVER

I’m not entirely sure why she would want to see Robb and Camilla, but I’m letting her anyway.

I would have to stop myself from killing Robb when we see them.

“Olly, come on!” Ava emerges from her bedroom with Bandit following closely behind.

I got up from the stool and grabbed my keys from the farther end of the counter.

Anyone who is of a sound mind would not be excited about going to visit one’s kidnappers, but it seems that Ava has lost her mind. She seems awfully cheerful during the drive going there.

“Why are you so excited? Did you already forget that they attempted to murder you?”

Ava just shrugs and pulls out her phone. “No. But I do remember that they put my brother in a coma.” She said flatly.

I fell silent and the air in my car began to thicken. She hasn’t talked about Todd that way; or in any way for that matter since the other night.

It wasn’t long before we pull up to the precinct and I didn’t know whether to feel relieved that we’re out of the car or dread that we’re about to come face to face with two people I long to behead.

“I want to see Camilla Bradford and Robert Madden, please.” Ava requested and the officer shuffled to his feet to get the required paperwork.

“May I know who the visitor is, ma’am? Oh and we can’t allow your dog to go with you.”

“Ava Baron. They tried to kill me, and my dog goes where I go, so there’s that.”

I’m confused and surprised, to say the least. I’ve seen various sides to Ava but this one is something I have never seen before. She’s aggressive and her voice dripped with a finality that is unheard of.

Oliver, this is hardly the place to be getting turned on in.

The young officer stutters and kept walking around like a headless chicken. Ava’s terrifying him.

Quite frankly, she’s scaring me too.

“Officer,” I began, trying to somehow get the situation under control.

“He’s such a great dog. I mean, look at him. He doesn’t have a leash and he’s around so many strangers and he’s not acting out. We promise he’ll behave.”

The officer, whom we’ve identified as Officer Mills is scared out of his wits because it’s his first day and he’s just recently graduated. That’s why he’s so jittery.

“Alright, fine. Wait, are you Oliver Royce?” Mills’ face ashened after recognizing who I am and his eyes back and forth between me and Ava.

I nod and from the corner of my eye, I could see Ava getting agitated. I place my hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

We have the whole day for this, there’s no need to be in such a hurry.

“And you are Ava-- Oh dear god. Of course you can go with your dog. Right this way.”

Mills leads us to an empty room with a single table in the middle and four chairs. Another officer is stationed right by the door and we were left to wait for Robb and Camilla to be brought in.

I looked over at Ava who’s face remained unreadable. “Hey, you okay?” I ask,

“I’m fine, Olly.”

I drop the subject, seeing as she’s not up to it right now.

The door slowly opens and two people in orange jumpsuits were brought in by two officers. They were pushed down the noisy metal chairs and were made to face us. I felt Bandit tense up beside me and I do the same.

Strangely enough, Ava remained calm. Serene, even.

Camilla’s sandy brown hair is a mess over her shoulders and she’s pale while Robb looks more like a maniac with his disheveled hair and bloodshot eyes.

Finally, the outside matches the inside.

“Well, well, if it isn’t princess Ava and her knight in shining armor, Oliver.” Camilla sounded every bit like the villain that she is.

My fists are clenched under the table, and I'm trying to keep my anger in check. If I don't, I will be wearing that orange jumpsuit as well.

I had the idea that Ava would lunge at this psycho the moment she says something insulting, but the opposite happened.

Well, sort of.

Ava leans in, and studies Camilla.

“You notice how I’m in Chanel and you’re wearing that ugly shade of orange?”

The three of us, Camilla, Robb, and I all pulled back. Shocked by what just came out of Ava’s mouth.

“What?” Camilla looks dumbfounded. We all are.

“You are going to rot in jail or in a mental institution while I live my life like a queen.”

Then, a sly smile turned up on Camilla’s lips.

“Hmm… Does her majesty still have a twin?”

Ava’s lips pressed to a thin, hard line and I knew Camilla hit a nerve.

“Don’t you dare--”

“Dare to do what, Ava? Break down this stupid “I’m a bitch now” facade you’re trying so hard to put on? Please, I can totally see past that. I know you.”

Camilla leans back and now, Robb has something to say.

“I relished shooting Todd, you know. That smug look on his face. He deserved it.”

I had a feeling Ava just lost whatever battle it was she was trying to fight but she turned the tables right back at them.

“You’re right, Cam. I’m not this bitch I’m trying so hard to be. That’s your thing! And Robb, I’m so sorry Todd always stole your thunder back in high school. And that Oliver always got your girl. I’m sorry you were never good enough.”

Jaws littered the floor and eyes threatened to pop out of their sockets. My fiancée has left the building and this madwoman replaced her.

Ava slowly stands up and I join her. I guess it’s time to leave.

“Go to hell, Ava Baron!” Camilla shouts before we step out of the room.

Ava scoffs, “Don’t worry, Camilla. I’ll see you there.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.8K 1.6K 19
This is a story about Alex and Shon. Where Shon is a jerk and Alex is a new girl in town. In their first meeting Alex doesn't give him that attentio...
23.3K 400 27
Imagine this : You and your best friend are going on a tour with The Wanted and even star in their own show. During the tour and show, one of the lad...
69 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
124 1 33
Pasha Allen is back. And she's on a mission. To uncover the names of her attackers who played a brutal role in her abduction and vicious assault over...