Kal Kya Patah, Mile Na Mile...

由 kashishsr

Based on Gauri's disappearance and Omkara's renewed MU. Everything is on track until Shivika's marriage and O... 更多

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Epilogue

1.3K 74 7
由 kashishsr

It had been a month since Gauri had finally agreed to make him the happiest man in the world. And what a month it had been. A flurry of activity as the Oberois set about creating the wedding of a lifetime for the bride who certainly deserved it and the groom who was desperate to give it to her. Every member of the family was determined to perfect every detail, so much so that they had unknowingly become quite overbearing. For the quiet Omkara, all the pomp and splendor had a striking resemblance to eternal torment, with all the loud music and mismatched colours. But he would have bared it all with a grin, had he not noticed his less than joyful bride.

Omkara had made it his utmost priority to ensure he knew how any circumstance was affecting his Gauri. The best way to do this, he had found after receiving a strict verbal lashing from his mother for bribing her psychologist for the information, was to simply watch her eyes. Gauri's eyes were truly a window to her soul. The held a different expression for every emotion. For months after the horrific ordeal she had endured, they had remained blank... as if those emotional had all been stolen, but gradually, one by one every feeling pooled back in. Happiness, rage, empathy, grief, courage, fear... everything was restored... but still there were those little moments where those hazel gems became shuttered, and those were the moments Omkara was desperate to drive away. Various attempts at drawing her out of melancholy had taught him that it was the little gestures that always brought her back to him... a word of support, just letting her know that she wasn't alone... that he was there.

But how could he do so when they were divided by the presence of numerous loud relations and acquaintances? He was helpless as he watched those glazed and desolate hazel orbs from across the hall throughout their mehendi ceremony. The way she showed little reaction as the ladies complimented the intricate designs on her hands, only really responding to take his name when asked what to write... even then it was as if she was on autopilot... playing a role... a puppet without a string... She barely managed a smile as he made a fool of himself during the sangeet, mimicking iconic Bollywood steps from her favourite Salman Khan. It was not enough that he made her smile later, insisting that he would be the first to check the colour of her mehendi, or that he had managed to secure a private moment in his art studio for their own waltz on the sangeet night that had left her blushing. Omkara found he was making up for not being able to keep her happy throughout the day by stealing moments at night, and it just was not good enough. This wedding was meant to be for his Gauri, so why was she the one putting on an act to please everyone else?

During the haldi, where random women kept rubbing the yellow paste over his wife, ignorant to her stiffening at every contact, Omkara finally slipped the iron control he had on his patience. He had promised Gauri a lifetime of happiness, and this farce simply was not paving the way to that. He didn't want her sacrificing anymore, she'd done enough of that to last several lifetimes. It didn't matter how disappointed his family members became, they could conduct their rituals later, he was going to make their wedding a fond memory for his wife.

Over the past year of being Gauri's best friend, he had learnt much about her... her hopes, her dreams... what she loved... Now it was on Omkara to give Gauri the wedding day she deserved.

Kidnapping the bride on the wedding day was not quite as difficult a task as most would have you believe. In fact, with Rudra, Chubby and Ranvir as his partners in crime, it was worryingly easy. His family seriously needed to work on their idea of security. Rudy's antics were enough to simultaneously distract the family members, guests and the guards as he purposefully set fire to a section of the main hall. It was in all that commotion that Omkara was able to sneak into what had once been Priyanka's bedroom, but now housed his wife as his little sister and her husband Ranvir had moved to a more private wing of the Oberoi Mansion. Omkara's brother-in-law was quite reserved, but they had developed quite an understanding, especially after the kindness Ranvir had shown towards Gauri months ago after finding her in the midst of a panic attack. Omkara had reciprocated by making an effort to include his brother-in-law in family moments, but also ensuring his over-bearing family did not drive him to insanity. Often times the two would slip away for a cup of coffee or scoop of ice-cream with Gauri and Priyanka, in order to avoid the latest drama in the Oberoi household. When he had explained to Rudy and Ranvir that Gauri was not happy with all the lavish pomp and grandeur the Oberois specialized in, they did not try to talk him down, but rather volunteered to form an escape route for him. They both knew Gauri deserved only the best. It was amazing what a trouble-maker and a police officer could do when they put their heads together.

Entering her bedroom, he found his wife gazing unseeingly into a mirror, looking so breathtakingly beautiful that found himself unable to speak momentarily. Overcoming his little slip, he noted that she was wearing the lehenga that Anika had picked out... something he had actually protested vehemently against when he had learnt that Gauri had no say in her wardrobe for their wedding. He knew his sister-in-law only had the best of intentions, but every bride had a dream dress for their wedding, and he would be damned if he could not give his Gauri that. Eventually, it was Gauri who talked him down, stating firmly that she loved the dress that Anika Bhaujaii had selected. Later, she confessed in private to him, that the dress designers made her quite uncomfortable, as their ideas were far too outlandish for her taste, and that if it were left to her, she would never wear anything of their choosing. When he queried what she would actually want to wear, her reply had startled him...

Shaking his head to clear away those thoughts, Omkara knocked on the open doorway, knowing better than to creep up on her. She was much better after all the therapy and love and passing of time, but he would never stop being careful for her sake. Gauri looked up, shaking herself out of her own stupor, and smiled at him in surprise through the mirror. Before she could even ask why he was there, he strolled to her and gave her a hand up. Leading her away from the dressing table, he dropped her hand and turned her towards him.

"Do you trust me?" he gazed deep into her beautiful eyes and found the answer shining back at him immediately.

"Yes." It was unclear whether she said it aloud or not... but he heard it.

He offered her his hand again. "Then let's go."

Without another question or second of hesitation, Gauri took the proffered hand and together they ran out of the room, down the back stairs and out of the back entrance of the Oberoi Mansion, where Ranvir had a car, with the engine started and ready to go.

"Here Om, you're lucky, it just arrived in time." Ranvir handed Omkara a big elegantly wrapped box. "Your clothes are in the car."

Omkara grinned and helped Gauri into the passenger seat. They waved goodbye to Ranvir and drove off.

Finally, Gauri could contain her curiosity no longer. "Where are we going?"

Without missing a beat, Omkara replied, "To get married."

Gauri looked at him as if he were insane. "Then why are we running away from the venue?"

Omkara smiled and glanced at her. Turning back to face the road, he took one of her tiny hands in his larger one. "That my love, was not the venue for our wedding. That was the venue of an Oberoi Family function. It spoke nothing of you, of me, or of our love. Our wedding will be for us. It will speak of us."

Gauri was lost for words, but not for long. "But OmkaraJi, what about the family?"

"Gauri, whose wedding is it?"

"Ours..."

"Then does it really matter? They can conduct their rituals later. Let's get married." Omkara grinned at her again, this time winningly, persuasion in his tone.

Gauri said no more, She trusted her OmkaraJi.

As they pulled up to an empty beach, Gauri's face lit up. He'd remembered all her idle talks of a beach wedding? Before she could question him however, he had already left the car and was walking around to her side to help her out. As she stepped out of the car, he handed the gift box to her. Not letting her talk, he led her forwards, towards a white tent. There was a gently breeze and the tent seemed very welcoming as it fluttered.

"Change in here. Wear what's in the box and come find me, I'll be near the sea." He made to walk away, but turned back right before he reached the car. "Don't cry."

His eyes pleaded with her and Gauri found herself nodding in reassurance. Puzzled at his strange request, she walked into the tent and unboxed this new garment. What was inside made her gasp and tears to well-up in her eyes. His request made sense now.

She remembered what she had said to him that night about her dream wedding dress.

When she was little, her father often took her to work with him, letting her play while he worked his shop. Near where he conducted his business, there had been an old cinema. Hardly anyone went there, all preferring the new multiplexes that were such a modern visual treat, but that one-screen hall had absolutely fascinated little Gauri. So much so, that she had crept in to watch a black and white English film one afternoon. What she had seen had formed a dream she had carried into her adult life, a dream that was squashed and forgotten under all her worries, but existed nonetheless. For she had seen in wonder as that Angrezi Mem had stepped out in that striking white lace dress. How her mother had explained that white was the symbol of purity and only the pure ones could wear the colour on their wedding day. To Gauri then it had been obvious as she read the hindi-subtitles. Of course the woman was pure, she looked so clean. Later, she realized of course that the purity in question was something else. It had actually made her want that dress more. Her mother had called her 'paglate' the one time she had mentioned this desire in passing. But for Gauri, her virtue was a sign of honour, not something that could only be whispered about, because she knew the easiest way she could have survived called for her to sell it, and she had never allowed that to happen. So Gauri kept dreaming about that white dress and what it symbolized. Knowing she could never have that... that she was not worthy of that... looking at bridal gowns had been a torment. OmkaraJi had stared at her in silence, and unnamed emotion burning in his eyes, before pressing a kiss on her forehead and changing the subject.

But in front of her was a pure white gown... a letter folded on top. Blinking away any tears, remembering her promise to OmkaraJi, Gauri unfolded the piece of paper:

To my beautiful Chirraiya,

Although I do not find myself agreeing to your association between the colour of a dress and purity, I do respect you sentiments. I respect that you think a pure white wedding dress is for a pure woman, and therefore I can think of no other woman worthy of this dress. So read these words Gauri, because they are words you know are true deep down. You do not need me to tell you that you are a strong, independent and undeniably brave woman. But I will tell you exactly that. I will tell you that every day of our lives together, if you want. But do not for a second believe that you need me to do that. Do not believe that you need anybody to tell you that for it to be true. I cared a lot about the truth before I met you. Now I only care about one truth. You, Gauri. You are the star that I am always reaching for. The light at the end of the dark tunnel that has been my life so far. You are the light, and always remember this. Dark can be defeated by light, but light will always shine through darkness. You are unbeatable. You are undefeated. You are pure.

Now wipe those tears I wish you would not spill, remember you promised, and come outside and marry me buddy.

Love,

Your Chirrota.

Gauri quickly wiped away the tears that had escaped. He knew her too well. Smiling as his words warmed her soul, Gauri felt yet another piece of herself come alive. She was not perfect. More like a mismatched mosaic. But she was his mosaic. And he made her feel whole. Gauri Kumari Sharma was getting married and she would wear her dream dress.

Gauri carefully removed all her heavy jewelry. Relief flooded her as the weight lifted, as if some other invisible burden had also been removed. She knew she was being selfish right now, that the family members were probably worried. But she didn't care. She would steal this day for herself. To build a better future with her husband.

Omkara paced nervously. He twisted the sleeve of his shirt in impatience. He felt he knew Gauri better than he knew himself, but what if he had gotten it wrong and she was in that tent hating him for his bold move with the dress? That he could not risk. His tension mounting, Omkara turned to the tent, ready to go and beg her forgiveness, but he found himself stopped in his tracks.

A vision in white was making her way towards Omkara. The personification of his every ideal of beauty. The lace dress was full sleeved, but clung tightly to her form. The mix of the innocent material with her womanly shape coming through was something directly from his most beloved dreams. The best part? She walked towards him with complete confidence. A smile on her face and reflecting brightly in those hazel eyes. Omkara swore he forgot how to breathe. She had abandoned her shoes and seemed to float towards him. The way she looked walking towards him now was the most stunning sight he had ever seen and he knew the artist in him would spend the rest of his life trying to recapture just a fraction of it. All too soon, but simultaneously years too late, Gauri reached him.

Gauri had been taking in the sight of her handsome Chirrota as she walked towards him, feeling light as a feather in the beautiful gown. The ever-practical Omkara had of course been considerate enough to gift her shoes too, but she had chosen to remain barefoot. She had felt like a fairy-princess in the light gown, having twirled without abandon inside the tent after she put it on. And her counterpart looked no less. In a plain black tuxedo, Omkara Singh Oberoi looked like the quintessential Prince Charming. His gorgeous locks were in a half-pony tail, and his eyes glittered as he ran his gaze over her. Gauri grabbed one of his hands and twirled around, surprising him with her childish action.

"I love this dress, OmkaraJi. Thank you."

He stopped her twirls and placed a hand on each of her arms, pulling her closer.

"I love you." He replied.

She grinned at him.

"So how does this work exactly? Getting married on the beach I mean?" Gauri asked, suddenly realizing she had not really thought it through.

"Well, it won't be conventional... but when have we ever been conventional?" Omkara beamed at her. "Let's make our vows here, during a beautiful sunset. There won't be any phere, rituals or witnesses. It won't be legally binding. But it will be ours. The rest we can do at home."

Gauri smiled just as wide as him. "That sounds perfect."

So he took her petite hands in his own larger ones and they stood there before the vibrant waves as the sun slowly began its descent. Looking into her eyes, he began to speak from the heart:

"The day I first met you altered the very course of my life... They called me independent... reclusive... reflective... and perhaps I was a little of all those things... but what I truly was... was alone... I was alone and I was lonely... I was the boat that set sail without an anchor... the traveler that set forth without a destination in mind. Then I met you....You became my anchor... my destination... the very reason for my existence... The reason I can never be lonely again... you became my saathiya... my one true partner... I love you Gauri. As my best-friend. As my inspiration. As my true love. As my wife. I promise to cherish you as long as I live."

She blinked away tears of joy, and let her eyes speak with her words, given them even deeper meaning:

"You see me. You see beyond the bright clothes. You see beyond the cheerful façade. You see beyond the bright smile. You see me. Never have you pitied me. You helped me up when I fell down. You held me up when I was ready to fall. You have been my pillar in the darkest moments. You have been the one to put me first. The only one who has ever put me first. You make me feel valuable. You make me feel strong. You've made me realise that I am special... that I am worthy... You are my true saathiya. My true love. The only man I will ever call my own. You are my husband, and I promise to always stand by your side."

Omkara's tears had spilled at his wife's words and she had barely finished when he did something that surprised Gauri. He lowered his head to hers and pressed his lips against hers. It was a soft kiss, hardly any pressure, like a feather brushing against her lips. Gauri waited for the panic to set in. Omkara waited for her to push him away. No panic came. He was not shoved away. Gauri smiled into the kiss and kissed him back. This was OmkaraJi, she was more than safe with him. As he felt her lips upturning, Omkara relaxed and pressed down with a little more force.

Several moments later they broke apart, breathless. Omkara rested his forehead on hers.

"We have to go home for the rest of the rituals." He whispered, not wanting to break the serenity surrounding them. They would be late for the phere if they did not leave soon.

"Ok." Gauri whispered back.

"Tomorrow, we're leaving. I hope you've packed." Omkara murmered, deftly brushing away a strand of her hair.

"For our honeymoon? You haven't even told me where we're going." Gauri pouted.

"That's because there's too many places to tell." Omkara grinned. "I'm going to show you the world Mrs Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi."

"The world? A lot to achieve in three weeks." Gauri raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there might have been a slight change of plan... Let's just say we're not coming back anytime soon..." Omkara smiled at her mysteriously, his eyes sparkling with an untold promise.

But we'll leave them there on that beach. Let's assume they make it home and take their official nuptials... Let's assume they spend a beautiful first night... Let's assume they embark on an adventure to see the world... Your guess is as good as mine.

The end.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

129K 9.9K 54
Marriage in an unpleasant Circumstance Entagles their Souls together in the journey of Love . When She Decides to Let Go Of her Haunting Past , He H...
2.4K 339 16
𝔪𝔦𝔷𝔭𝔞𝔥 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎, 𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋...
110K 4.9K 32
This is a RIKARA story.. bt a different track ! how will gauri come back to omkaras life after he leaves her in barely after their marriage ...
141K 7.9K 30
Gauri Sharma's future was decided by her family when she barely knew how to walk. The way she dresses, the way she talked and the career she should t...