LGBT United

By LGBT_HeadQuarters

LGBT United is a online magazine that is for the LGBT community. This magazine is for those who are apart of... More

LGBT Pride
LGBT History
Sorry

LGBT Community

3.1K 140 57
By LGBT_HeadQuarters

LGBT Community

LGBT United was created to inform the LGBT community and it's supporters about the LGBT community on and off of Wattpad.

If you are not apart of or support the LGBT community you do not have to read this magazine. Don't read this magazine just to leave hate comments against the LGBT community. We are in no way forcing you to read this so don't leave hate comments because you didn't have to read it.

For those of you who came to read and enjoy what LGBT United has to offer you I thank you for the support you are showing by reading LGBT United. This will hopefully inform you on some things you didn't know about the LGBT community.

-K.A.TheAlias-

_________________________________

Written by: Charileco

United

I was born from love

Formed by the gift of my parents

They love me

They nourish me

But somehow I felt a little different

I fell in love with someone

Who is the same sex as me

I turn for help

But I get sneered at

Laughed at

Bullied

I am made to feel inadequate

Like an outsider

Like I am not worthwhile

Darkness consumes

My thoughts and mind

I start to believe them

I hide my pain

I try to laugh and smile

Get through my day

Survive

But it is harder everyday

I feel like I can't go on

I am made to feel

That I should not live

I turn to anything

That makes me feel

I cut

I bleed

I feel

It numbs my pain for a while

But everyday it doesn't change

I was born this way

I find a forum

A website

Where I can express myself

I can share my thoughts

I can read and write stories

I make friends

Friends that are just like me

They give me freedom

Life

A voice

They don't know it yet

But they have saved me

They fight for my rights

The rights of others to life and love

They stand for me

They stand for you

After all we were made like this

From love

I begin to believe

Believe in myself

I am filled with hope

I never realised there was so many

Who felt like me

Walked the same path as me

I am not alone

I have a rainbow family

I now have a voice

I can grow

I can love and be loved

All because others care

They care about me

They care about you

We support

We grow

We learn

We live

We love

_________________________________

"It is astonishing that gay and lesbian Americans are still treated as second-class citizens. I am confident that, very soon, the laws of this nation will reflect the basic truth that gay and lesbian people - like all human beings - are born equal in dignity and rights." -George Clooney

_________________________________

Written by: HonestForYou

LGBT Flag

In 1978, Gilbert Baker designed the Rainbow or Gay Pride Flag as a symbol of LGBT pride, liberation and diversity.

"In the beginning the Rainbow Flag was about liberation," Baker said in a UK Gay News op-ed piece "It was about breaking free of an existence limited by fear and conformity, the right to express sexuality without shame or retaliation from those who legislate 'morality'."

Baker served in the U.S. Army from 1970 until 1972. After an honorable discharge he taught himself to sew. He began making banners and ultimately the Rainbow Flag for his friend Harvey Milk, who was later assassinated on Nov 27, 1978.

The Rainbow Flag debuted at the 1978 San Francisco Gay and Lesbian Freedom Day Parade. It has since been used around the world as a symbol of LGBT unity in many variations, including adaptations such as bumper stickers and decals.

"A true flag," Baker said, "is torn from the soul of the people."

In a May 2008 UK Gay News op-ed article, Baker said, "In my view the rainbow flag is unfinished, as the movement it represents, an arc that begins well before me, its breadth far broader than all of our experiences put together, reaching the farthest corners of the world with a message of solidarity and a beacon of hope for those who follow in our footsteps."

Honestly do you think the flag is unfinished and needs to be changed? In my opinion why change something that has been around for nearly 36 years.

_________________________________

Written by: EternalBeauty

Hate Accounts

In the Modern Era of the 21st Century, many people believe that homosexuals, transgenders, etc. are not correct by society's standards but at LGBT United, we speak against it and share our voice in the opinion.

Recently, we interviewed @fxckthat, a victim of a homophobic hate account. It happened when he was away from his computer when he started to get notifications from his mobile phone, reporting that he was getting inbox messages.

Reading through them all he found himself dumbfounded and told one of his friends to reply to the hate messages. His friend did but the person's attacking grew much more violent and started verbally abusing over his wall, commenting on old messages.

For example, this attacker commented on an old message which told @fxckthat's friends and fans that his best friend died, making fun of it and in-boxing him about it.

That was harsh what the hate account did. The first thing that went through my mind when I read this was anger and confusion on why someone would do this.

Before he could get to his computer, the account was already deleted but was told that this account attacked his friends as well, talking about him.

During this experience, he was just confused, not knowing that people actually target people in the LGBT Community. This type of hate not only occurred once to @fxckthat, but a few months before Christmas.

He and a few of his friends were attacked for no reason but the attacks from that day was much worse. He generally ignores these types of attacks but regrets not manning up and talking to the abuser himself to slaughter the user with his words.

Once we were done interviewing him, we thanked him for sharing his experience with hate accounts and homophobic Wattpaders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written by: DoomKnightOfTime

In an interview with a user and @TheAlias, it is shown that this person has verbally abusing another person over Wattpad by saying that @SuperMusicFoodFan should die. This certain user even made their username towards this topic, in specifics, KillYourselfPlease.

TheAlias: Hey I would like to interview you for a LGBT magazine. We pride ourselves on being fair so we would like to hear why you believe @Supermusicfoodfan should die.

KillYourselfPlease: Why should she die she is disgusting first of all she's scared of pills what kind of a normal person would be scared of that and second of all she has OCD which let me tell you is beyond annoying when she talks she puts her smiley faces like this : ) which is not fine a normal person wouldn't leave a space between that and she reads boyxboy and sometimes girlxgirl it's disgusting and honestly she is useless she can't do anything right she couldn't even kill herself when she attempted to you see completely useless.

TheAlias: What exactly is your definition of a normal person?

The interview was cut short due the deletion of the account. We here at LGBT United in no way agree with what was said in that interview.

Otherwise, this user seemed to direct everything not "normal" within a person. Space between an emoticon, having OCD, certain fears, etcetera.

For further information, I have engaged an interview with @SuperMusicFoodFan to see her opinion on the bully with some questions.

DoomedKnightOfTime: Why do you think you were chosen for the attack?

SuperMusicFoodFan: I do believe it's because I told her some of my disorders.

DoomedKnightOfTime: Oh alright, what was the first thing that came to mind when you found out you had a homophobic cyberbully?

SuperMusicFoodFan: Well I was speechless and I felt like I wasn't good enough.

DoomedKnightOfTime: How did you respond to your attacker?

SuperMusicFoodFan: I didn't I was hoping ignoring it might help me get over it.

DoomedKnightOfTime: Do you regret how you handle the situation?

SuperMusicFoodFan: Yeah a little bit I kinda wish I would've went all sassy on her instead of quiet and upset.

DoomedKnightOfTime: Do you receive homophobic hate messages from others?

SuperMusicFoodFan: No.

DoomedKnightOfTime: How many times have you been attacked?

SuperMusicFoodFan: On wattpad just her.

DoomedKnightOfTime: What is your sexuality?

SuperMusicFoodFan: Straight.

As shown, SuperMusicFoodFan has only been cyber bullied over Wattpad once but it doesn't make things better.

_________________________________

Written by: EvanCantWrite

The Avid Reader

Here at LGBT United, we wanted to see what the avid readers of wattpad were like, so I, the shamazing Evan, went out on a holy quest to ask a LGBT reader what they thought about BOOKS. Yeah, bet you didn't guess that, huh?

Well, I got the chance to interview the wonderful BoyxBoy Librarian of Wattpad, @rain_water. She is really lovely and kind, if it weren't for her I wouldn't be reading so many books.

Okay, you wanna know what happened in the interview? Well, the first question I asked Rain is do you have any favorite authors or books?

She replied with "I get asked that question a lot, but I never really answer it. I try to remain neutral because I want to support all LGBT authors. I also remain neutral because I feel as though a "librarian" is kind of a neutral position. Of course I like some stories more than others and if I like a story I just read/vote/comment."

That was a question I sort of knew the answer to but hey, she answered none the less! Next I asked her how often she reads?

Her reply "Hmm, I read something on Wattpad everyday, or at least I try to find something that interests me. I am always in the middle of a story and even if I am in the middle of several stories I still try a few new stories to read everyday. I read A LOT. Now that I think about it quantitatively, I read a serious amount. I probably read about 100 pages of something everyday. Is that a lot?" 100 pages!? Yeah, hun, that's a heck of a lot!!

Third question was are you thinking about writing? Only because if she reads that many books, she must have some ideas by now.

"No, I am not thinking about writing anything. I get asked that a lot too so I have thought about it seriously. However, I really have NO desire to write fiction."

Kind of a bummer, I was hoping that she had some idea from all the snipits of books she reads all together!

Next I asked what type of books she read, obviously the reply was "I read gay LGBT books." I think that's a given, her library is full of boyxboy books, and we all know that.

@rain_water obviously is quite a neutral reader, everything was an indefinite answer, but it's nice to hear that someone actually isn't too obsessed on Wattpad! I suggest you the check out this wonderful librarian if you want a good book to read, she has everything, literally!

Even a few Mpreg books and all the pairings you could want! She also has a book that you can advertise on, just message her after following her and she might just advertise your book.

_________________________________

Written by: TheAlias

Speaking of reading, do you read LGBT books? Well of course you do your apart of the LGBT community on Wattpad. There is a LGBT awards called "Its the Rainbow Way Awards!" You can vote for your favorite LGBT authors, covers, love scenes, etc.

To participate in the Rainbow Awards all you have to do is look up the user @MegaBucks and you'll find the book on her page. Read all the rules and get to voting. Make your favorite LGBT Author a Rainbow Award winner.

_________________________________

Written by: AnjelBobeck

LGBT Author

When it comes to Wattpad LGBT writing, everyone knows @rotXinXpieces. She has become a known author; and with the quality of her work she deserves it. Rotty has been working her creative juices since she was around 6 but after telling stories through playing pretend.

She figured out how to use the good old dinosaur computers and began to write her stories. As years past and stories actually began to make sense, she came up with "The Love Bite" and all stories that follow that series.

Not everyone realizes how much work actually goes into a story. For an excellent quality vampire story; it requires research. Such as religion and obviously vampire research. Find out what's out there so you can create a quality story that actually makes sense. She now refers to "The Love Bite" series as the "Council of Seven".

One of the best things Rotty enjoys about being an author is the fact that she is never alone. In an empty room, your mind and computer are filled with characters that have personalities.

She has a slight obsession with the author Sherrilyn Kenyon and I was given permission to announce that rotXinXpieces is currently adding more to "Captive" and all you fans out there should be expecting a fresh new series around December so mark those calendars!

_________________________________

Written by: Mote96

Transgender

In this issue I'd like to bring up something that is often forgotten, even in the LGBT community. The T in LGBT that stands for transgender. Many are unsure of what being transgendered actually means, and that's what I'm going to try and explain here for you!

Transgendered is sometimes mistaken for having gone through some kind of treatment to change their gender, like if you're born a boy but change your gender to a girl, but that is actually only a part of it.

Being transgender means that you in some way perceive your gender in another way than the gender that is determined through your physical traits, for example if you have the physical traits of a girl but perceive yourself as a boy and prefer male pronouns (he/him/his).

There are those who don't have a fixed gender or don't feel like they belong in either one of the traditional categories of boy and girl even though it sounds like it should be covered by transgender it's not.

Here comes the tricky part though, there are some that are born with the physical traits of both a boy and a girl, it's called being androgynous.

It could also be a part of being transgender as you can choose either the male or the female part over the other. I say could because like I mentioned before if they don't associate themselves with either or switch between them then they're not transgender.

A famous androgynous person is Andrej Pejic, a model who has been modeling both male and female clothing. Pejic was born in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a country in Europe, in August 1991.

There was a war that was breaking out around that time, Pejic and her divorced mother fled to a refugee camp in Serbia before being granted political asylum in Australia, where they moved when Pejic was eight.

Pejic has described the move as hard, having to adapt to a whole new culture and a new language. Despite that just before turning seventeen, while she was working at a McDonald's, she was scouted as a model and from there she built her career.

She says that modeling wasn't apart of any plan she had and she doesn't know for how long she'll continue with it as fashion is a fickle business, but for now everything's going well and she'd like to continue for as long as possible.

Although Pejic has the physical traits of both a male and a female she has stated that she prefers female pronouns (she/her/herself). She describes being aware of ones gender identity as looking into a mirror and not seeing what you expect.

She says that most people aren't aware of their gender identity because if they look in a mirror and they are female they see a female body but sometimes the physical and the mental part don't coincide, that's when you become aware of your gender identity.

_________________________________

Written by: Animecosplaylove

LGBT Marriage

We have all heard of the issues on same-sex marriage. It's everywhere, not only in America. Clearly, it has become a pretty big deal, to be on the news frequently. There are currently 21 countries that legally recognize same-sex marriage and/or civil unions.

This list started with The Netherlands on April 1, 2001. Following them, was Belgium, Spain, Canada, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Portugal, Iceland, Argentina, Denmark, Brazil, France, Uruguay, New Zealand, the U.K., and Luxembourg. Parts of Mexico and the U.S. quickly started to join this list!

In the U.S. there are 21 states that have legalized gay rights or recognize their rights. These include: California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and 8 tribes!

This just goes to show that ordinary people can change everything! Whether it be in a house hold, a city, a state, or even an entire country!

_________________________________

"There are people who've said I'm being brave for being openly supportive of gay marriage, gay adoption...With all due respect, I humbly dissent. I am not being brave; I'm being a decent human being. Love is a human experience, not a political statement." -Anne Hathaway

_________________________________

Written by: Skyvanp

LGBT Author

I'm proud to say I had the honor of interviewing @YaoiChibi for this first installment of the magazine. She's known on wattpad for writing gay love stories that have a twist of comedy and sass in them, but mostly for "Mpreg" which is short for male pregnancy.

She's wild, crazy, and has some interesting techniques in her writing process. Here are my questions towards her about her story, "When The Stoic Meets The Crossdresser".

Firstly, I asked what kind of LGBT story is your book and she responded with, "Well it's sorta like a coming out story. The only difference is that it's admitting you're in love with your best friend."

I'd already figured that answer, but I felt satisfied with it coming straight from the authors mouth. After that, I asked her more specifically about her book. How did she even come up with such a story and unique plot?

She gave me a more in depth answer as she stated, "Well, let's see. It's just random actually. The story came up to me out of the blue when I was writing the second installment of my "Living a Liar" series.

The lead character was always such a mystery since the first book, and I wanted him to have a unique story like the other two I had. I was reading a manga on mangago when I came across a manga that was a collection of fluffy gay love stories. One of them had a cross dressing theme, and I thought "What would I do with a cross dresser if I ever wrote about one?" That was how Leon, Robbie's love interest, was born.

All I had left to do was come up with an interesting back story, his personality, and his looks. That was the easiest thing to do out of the whole thing. A little cuteness, a dash of sass, and BAM! I made my perfect cross dresser."

Obviously she's not the most traditional author but then again that's what makes her different among everyone else. When an idea hits you, you have to go for it! My next question was something that I'm sure we were all thinking. Just how did she get interested in writing this genre?

Her answer to that was, "I've been an avid fan of LGBT stories since I was sixteen and I've read so many different stories and manga about gay love. Then out of the blue (like I tell my readers, I'm a random person), I wanted to write a story that would satisfy ME.

I mean, don't get me wrong. There are AWESOME stories and manga out there, but I wanted to write a love story that fulfilled ALL of my desires. I wanted to write a love story where the handsome fell for the plain, where mistakes can be fixed, where drama doesn't actually try to kill me with tears.

So that's how I started writing this particular genre. Hahaha. It's to satisfy myself and only myself. Because, come on, the worst critic I have ever met is the one person I keep looking back at the mirror."

I think we can all relate to that! Am I right? Last but not least, I asked her the million dollar question. Is there a message in your story that you want readers to grasp?

In classy fashion, she gave me this, "Message? Hmm. Well that's pretty easy. I want all my readers to understand what you're interested in is weird. You can be a gut and enjoy wearing lace panties or a total hottie and enjoy comic books.

Everyone has different tastes in fashion styles, books, movies, stories, and even the positions they sleep in. You shouldn't be afraid to show the world what you like to do in your spare time. Instead, flaunt it.

Make them jealous of the way you're comfortable in your own skin. Don't let anyone define what's cool and what's not for you because by the end of the day, you're YOU and you should never change."

Well there you have it. You got a good peek into @YaoiChibi's mind. She was a delight to talk to and I hope that let you know a little bit of what she's about and how "When The Stoic Meets The Crossdresser" came to be.

_________________________________

"If I like it then I should BE ALLOWED to put a ring on it!" -Protester

_________________________________

Written by: Skyvanp

Book Reviews

"When The Stoic Meets The Crossdresser" is a love story of best friends turned soul mates. The author, @YaoiChibi, did an amazing job with the concept and I haven't really read any gay love story where a crossdresser was apart of the main couple.

Leon is a sweetheart that I'm sure most, if not all, of her fans can't help but fall in fangirl with. Adding that to the strong and stoic like Robbie and you get a match made in heaven. Or in this case, the authors at random imagination!

While reading this story I noticed the flow was nearly effortless. The dialogue was separated nicely so that even with a person like me who suffers to wear glasses, can read it without a problem and all the squinting for words.

I know with some authors the chapters are a tad short but they leave you starving for more until you blast their message board with requests for another chapter, but @YaoiChibi actually makes consistent length chapters that are long enough to satisfy you until her next update.

There will be absolutely no spoilers in this review, but I just say that the plot twists and drama that she's set up will knock you off your feet.

Honestly, I'm proud to say that I'm one of those crazy fans that were screaming at one of the antagonists. Trust me, once you read it you'll be doing the same.

There's sex, jealousy, some comedy, a dash of fluff, and unconditional love thrown in there. You'll get the perfect read if you're dying for a unique story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written by: Charileco

Hello everyone, some of you might have found this wonderful author already and some of you have not. She is a lady of many talents, has a great sense of humour and has the ability to weave a wonderful story.

She is a gamer and uses this tactic to teach and to connect with her pupils. She is a much loved teacher and looks out for all kids that are finding their way in the LGBT community. Her works encompass life, love, lessons and for those who read between the lines guidance.

She is @Docgeeps and her book is called "Run". I came across her works when I first joined wattpad. Her characters are well defined and engaging. From the first few lines you are intrigued and captured to what is happening.

It is a story that is written in such a way that you can see it clearly in your mind. Her flare of descriptions and brilliant dialogue makes this a story that once you start you can't stop. The sharpness of the characters, the friendship and survival gives it that feel good factor.

"Run", begins with a very hot and sensual opening that leaves the reader enticed and wanting more. The introduction into the main characters is vivid and the scene is set for adventure and conspiracy. Who did what and why? What will happen next and who will survive the chase?

As the plot develops you ask yourself a lot of questions. Who is the bad guy? Who can you trust? Who has weaved such torment and upset? Can this sweet girl really do the things they say?

All of this adds to the mystery and the attachment to the story and its characters. You will find yourself routing for the girls and you will feel the tension build and the romance blossom. It's a brilliant read and you will enjoy the suspense and drama bubbling nicely in each chapter.

The author not only can tell a story but has the soulful flare for poetry. Her poetry encompasses love, life, heartache and survival. Her words are etched with feeling and are easy to identify with.

As a teacher, her days are spent sharing her knowledge and growing the independent thinking of her students. She is easy going and on days when the kids don't want to work they distract her with talk of new games coming out. For this reason, she is one of the best and well loved teachers in her school.

_________________________________

Written by: HufflepuffBarricade

All the people below are willing to design a covers and/or edit for the LGBT community.

Cover Makers-

@Cwrites

@Tristan_Walker

Editors-

@Anonymous_Me

@The_Glasgow_Grin

@Tristan_Walker

_________________________________

Written by: Kat-Loves-You

LGBTQIA Genre

Here at LGBT United we have decided to have annual log off of Wattpad days. The day that will be the annual log off of Wattpad will be the seventh of every month, two days after each issue of the magazine is posted.

The issue is posted on the fifth of every month but there are no log off of Wattpad days in July. These log off of Wattpad days are a form of protest so we can achieve our goal of getting a LGBT genre.

If all of us log off of Wattpad they will surely notice. Help us get a LGBT genre for the LGBT community so we can find the stories we want easier!

_________________________________

All the quotes in this issue were found by @Eternalbeauty.

All pictures in this is issue were found by @Sky2012.

_________________________________

Written by: TheAlias

Well that's all we have for you for the first issue of the magazine. We will need feedback on what you liked and didn't like so we can make LGBT United what readers want to read. If you want something added to LGBT United please message @TheAlias.

Like stated before a issue will be posted every fifth of a month so be on the look out for the next issue. I hope you enjoyed learning more about the LGBT community. I know I learned somethings I didn't previously know. You can now get back to enjoying your LGBT books!

-K.A.TheAlias-

_________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149 18 9
Felicitas is 23 and she thinks that she has everything figured out. She knows what she wants in life and who she is as a person, the hard teenage ye...
159K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...
1.8K 85 23
Mandy is the bubbly type of woman and bold. Not afraid of anything. Doesn't stress, lives life to the fullest. Meanwhile , Samantha is the shy type...
154K 8.5K 24
Ethan, a gay teenage boy, has been single all his life. While his friends' facebook relationship statuses read "In a relationship", his remains a pit...