LOVING TWO

By honeeylovee

"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everyth... More

Chapter One Intro: Sunset Views (Diary)
Chapter Two: Jacksonville (Diary)
Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville
Chapter Four: The Next Door Neighbor
Chapter Five: Senior Year
Chapter Six: Bright Stars
Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter Eight: Letting Demons Out
Chapter Nine: A New Vibe
Chapter Ten: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak
Chapter Twelve: Me Myself & I
Chapter Thirteen: School Project
Chapter Fourteen: War Declared
Chapter Fifteen: School Field Trip
Chapter Sixteen: The Healer
Chapter Seventeen: Take Me To Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Facing Reality
Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love
Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance On Bad
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Dangerous Ex
Chapter Twenty-Six: Faded Memories
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Singing The Blues
Chapter Thirty: Singing The Blues (pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go
Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past
Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Secrets (Pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Open Wound
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time Heals
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Night Of Romance
Chapter Forty: Unfortunate Event
Chapter Forty-One: A Lustful Kiss?
Chapter Forty-Two: Bad Lies
Chapter Forty-Four: Deception
Chapter Forty-Five: The Proposal
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hide Out (Pt.1)
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Capture
Chapter Fifty: A Dreadful Death
Chapter Fifty-One: Ticking Bomb
Chapter Fifty-Two: Life Goes On
Chapter Fifty-Three: Birth To A New Beginning
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement
Chapter Fifty-Five: Back To A Loving Home
Chapter Fifty-Six: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Confession
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Halloween Party
Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?
Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return
Chapter Sixty-Three: Out For Blood
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice
Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters
Chapter Sixty-Six: A New Home
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Fateful Accident
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love
Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision
Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

Chapter Forty-Three: The Call

144 7 1
By honeeylovee

The whole date with my parents at the movie theater wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually had fun and even though things with my dad were a bit awkward at times. We managed to get passed it. After the afternoon was over and nighttime had fallen we headed back home. While my mom went upstairs to get changed I stayed all alone with my dad in the living room. It was uncomfortable enough to make anyone feel tensed.

John- So how is school going?

Jazmin- Good..

"Is that your dress for prom?" He asked as he pointed to my dress that hung neatly by the dresser.

Jazmin- Yeah...I actually need to go take it to my room.

John- It will look beautiful on you.

Jazmin- Thank you.

John- So...Um any special person in your life yet?

Jazmin- (Why is he acting like my mom hasn't told him already)...Somewhat

John- What's his name?

I rolled my eyes and replied "Does it matter?".

John- You don't have to answer me in that tone.

Jazmin- You could drop the act of a caring Father it doesn't suit you anymore.

John- You have to respect me whether you like me or not!...I am your father!

Jazmin- YOU STOPPED BEING MY FATHER THE DAY YOU WALKED OUT OF MY LIFE!!!..

Rose- What in the world is going on here?

John- Rose please let me handle this..

"She needs time John...I think it's best if we call it a night" I overheard my mom tell him as I stepped outside the front door. I couldn't stand being anywhere close to him without feeling so much hatred and sorrow at the same time.

"Jazmin we need to talk" he said to me as he stepped outside to join me. "I came out here to get away from you so do you mind?" I said with annoyance.

John- I actually do.

Jazmin- Well I actually don't care what you think.

John- Can you please look at me.

Jazmin- What?

John- I am trying really hard here Jazmin...But every time I take a step closer to you...You take ten steps back...We cannot continue this way.

Jazmin- You're right we can't...Maybe you should do what you do best...LEAVE. Mom and I will do just fine without you.

John- Your words really hurt me..If that's what you were aiming for then congrats you got what you wanted..Just know I will always love you sweetie...My little boxer...My little Jaz.

I silently shed a tear as I heard him say those last words he use to always call me by.

John- When you are ready to heal those wounds I left in your little heart..I will be waiting with open arms..Ready to take you in and finally hug my little girl..But till that day comes..I will no longer look for you or bother you..Just know that you will always stay in my mind and heart like you always have. You will always be my little girl that I love so much. I hope you learn to forgive this old man you once called Dad.

He turned his back to me as I watched him leave. I broke down in tears. I didn't want things to had gone that far. I didn't want to watch him walk out of my life again and this time I'd be the one to blame if he never came back. So without hesitating I shouted after him "DAD WAIT!".

John-....Did...did you just call me dad?

I ran to him and swung my arms around his waist as I felt hot tears running down my cheeks. "Daddy..I love you!...I don't want you to leave again!...Please don't leave me again!".

John-...My little Jaz..Nothing in this world besides death could separate me from you..I've missed my little girl.

We both cried in each other's arms while we hugged for what felt like long minutes. We also spoke for hours. We both laughed reminiscing old times. My mother had left to sleep peacefully knowing everything was fine between my dad and I. After long hours of different conversations we finally called it a night. He tucked me into bed one last time like he did when I was just a little girl. He leaned over and gave me a kiss in the forehead then whispered, "I love you my little boxer". I smiled and closed my eyes while I heard his footsteps fade away. For the first time in a long time I too had slept peacefully.

Weeks had passed by and everything seemed like it had finally fallen into place. My mother and father were back together although they were just dating. My dad was planning on proposing soon. We planned on a big surprise that would occur in a month. He would invite her to eat at a fancy restaurant while I would come out of nowhere with a sign popping the big question. He then would get on one knee and take out the ring. Finally we would hope my mother agreed and we would be that happy family we were once long time ago. I couldn't wait for that day to come by.

Hanging out with Jake made time fly faster. My dad got to meet him and just as I expected they clicked well. On Sunday's they would watch football games together and on family nights Jake would accompany us. He was basically part of the family now or like my dad had said once he was like the son he never had. For some reason Jake really took that to the heart. Within time they both confided in each other and Jake saw my dad as a father figure he also said he never had. My life was like a puzzle that was finally getting put back together again.
.

.
*School Bell Rings

Jake- Hey babe

Jazmin- (I hugged him tightly as I kissed his cheek)..Hi baby

Jake- So I was thinking..How about a romantic date at the beach tomorrow?

Jazmin- Hmm I like the sound of that..

Jake- Oh yeah?..(I grab her from the waist and pull her tightly against my body)

Jazmin- Mmm..I love when you do that. (I said to him while biting my lip)

Jake- *Whispers...I miss your naked body on mine..

Jazmin- *Whispers Back....I miss you inside me..

Jake- Oof..You're being very naughty..

Jazmin- ...Maybe you should punish me then?

Jake- Don't provoke me..

He smirked while leaning closer to me. I bit my bottom lip as he titled his head to kiss me. Suddenly an annoying voice behind us called out to him. Completely interrupting a sexy make-out session that was suppose to happen.

Alison- Really Jake!

Jake-...What?

Alison- You told Lina you would go see her right after school!

Jake- *Sighs..

Jazmin- What!?

Jake- Don't get mad ..Let me explain.

"I'm not mad but seems like you have your afternoon booked" I said to him while pushing him off me. Who was I kidding? I was infuriated.

Jake- Look when I tell you you'll understand.

Alison- I don't think Lina would like that Jake.

Jake- I'm not asking for your damn opinion Alison..Can you give us a moment??

Alison- ...Fine!

Jazmin- Explain Now.

Jake- Lina is really sick..She's....well she isn't going to get better and she asked me if I could be there for her for the meantime..Baby please tell me you understand?

Jazmin- Understand that she is just playing another one of her evil cards!?...I know she's just faking Jake! Can't you see she's obsessed with you! She won't quit till she sees me all alone! First James now you..I can't believe you would go behind my back and see her after you freakin kissed her! You promised me you wouldn't talk to her anymore Jake!

Jake- I'll stop seeing her if that's what you want baby I just don't want to argue with you..

Jazmin- The point here is you went behind my back Jake!

Jake- I didn't mean too!

Jazmin- Oh so let me guess it was an accident you both saw each other and she just decided to tell you she's really sick and there you go believing everything that snake says! I thought by now you would know how poisonous she is!

Jake- Jazmin she's dying!

Jazmin- What? Omg she would go this far!? It's unbelievable!

Jake- I heard it from the doctor..She isn't making anything up..

Jazmin- She's lying! She probably paid the doctor to tell you that Jake!

Jake- She wouldn't have done that Jazmin..Her mother was there.

Jazmin- Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Jake!

Jake- You're being really heartless Jazmin..Lina is dying what part of that don't you get?

Jazmin- Then go look for her!!

Jake- (I watched her angrily walk away from me) ...Jazmin!

Alison- Lina is waiting for you Jake..You promised remember that?

Jake- ..Ugh lets go..

I walked around the park for a while trying to wrap my head around everything Jake mentioned. 'Could it all be true?'. I didn't know if to believe Lina or not. She was an evil troll that just wanted to ruin my life. Just when everything seemed like it was falling into place this happens. I need to find out if she really is telling the truth. 'But how?' I would surely come up with something. I sat in a bench looking up admiring the beautiful bright blue sky. The white clouds looked fluffy almost like cotton candy. I giggled as I saw one shaped as a monkey.

Miles- That was a cute giggle

Jazmin- Oh Miles! You scared me..

Miles- Sorry didn't mean too..

Jazmin- It's fine..What were you doing?

Miles- I was skateboarding and saw you pass by..

Jazmin- Come sit next to me..

Miles- Sure..

Jazmin- You see that cloud up there..Isn't it shaped as a big ice-cream cone?

Miles- *Laughs..I don't see it..I think you're just hungry?

Jazmin- Haha I think you're right..

Miles- Come on lets go.

Jazmin- Where are we going?

Miles- To my house..I happen to make the best lasagna this whole town has ever tasted!

Jazmin-...You're lying..

Miles- I'm serious!..I won a medal for that lasagna back in a cooking class at middle school..You could even ask James he....Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean too...

Jazmin- It's okay..I'm fine with you mentioning his name..I'm totally over him Miles..

Miles- You really are?

Jazmin- So that lasagna sounds pretty good...

Miles- *Smiles...To the Miles Mobile!!! ..

Jazmin- You're such a goofball!

We drove back to his place which wasn't far from where I lived. While I waited for him to cook I took a glimpse of his living room. I noticed he had a couple childhood pictures of him and James. I took one out of the shelf. As my finger traced James face my mind wondered what made him change so much. In the pic he was smiling like I've never seen him smile before. He was missing a front tooth which made me giggle but there was something different in his stare. He looked like a young cheerful happy kid. Nothing of that was left in him now.

Miles- We took that one..One day before Halloween..

Jazmin- He seemed so..Happy..

Miles- His dad was still around..

Jazmin- He changed when his dad left?

Miles- What do you think?

Jazmin- I think his dad missed out..

Miles- He sure did..

Jazmin- Miles...What do you know about his mom?

Miles- What do you mean?

Jazmin- Well when James and I were dating he never really spoke much about his mom or dad..I mean I know his dad left and that was a touchy subject for him but what else do you know about his mom?

Miles- Well there isn't much...She was a nurse at the Redwood-Ville hospital and she never wedded after her ex husband left..

Jazmin- Oh....Um..Weird random question..Would you happen to know if she was pregnant before James?

Miles- What?

Jazmin- Um never-mind forget it..

Miles- You're asking if James has a brother or sister out there?

Jazmin- Yes?

Miles- *Laughs..No! How absurd is that..The whole town would've known by now trust me..

Jazmin- Ha..Yeah you're probably right..

Miles- The lasagna is ready..

We both ate and talked some more. He told me old stories about the town and also mentioned couple stories of his own. It was nice getting to know him a little more. Miles was a great charming guy with a beautiful soul and positive attitude. He saw the good in everyone no matter what awful things they've done. The time with him passed by quickly. I was really enjoying every minute that passed by with him. After we ate and had some laughs we sat in the sofa to watch a movie. Not noticing the time I suddenly doze into a cozy nap.

(MILE'S P.O.V)

Miles- Jazmin?...I guess you fell asleep..

Looking at her beautiful face resting on my chest only made me feel stronger feelings for her. She was beautiful from the inside and out. She was also a forbidden treasure I could only dream of having. Suddenly my cellphone rang and I quickly answered to avoid Jazmin waking up.

Miles- Hello?

James- Any update?

Miles- *Clears Throat....Um Hey what's up...

James- Why so nervous?

Miles- *Whispers..I'm not...Um...Hey can I call you back?

James- Ohhh I get it...My boy's woodchuck is busy *Laughs

Miles- No it's not like that..

Jazmin- (I woke up to Miles effortless whisper)...Is everything okay?

Miles- (Shit! shit!)...Um I'll call you back okay?

James- Ohh but it's not like that huh? Haha..If you ain't making her scream..You ain't hitting it right Bro...Need some help?

Miles- (I quickly clicked on him before he said another word)....Hey..You're awake?

Jazmin- Yeah...Sorry I slept for a bit I guess...Who were you talking too?

Miles- Um no one important..

I smiled at her as my phone began to ring once again catching her attention.

Jazmin- Hmm...No one important?..Why are you soo jumpy Miles...*Smirks...Could it be a Girl?

Miles- What? No...Just let it ring..

(JAZMIN'S P.O.V)

I had to admit that the curiosity was eating me alive. So I quickly took his phone away and ran to the bathroom locking myself in. He ran behind me nervously pleading for me not to answer the phone as he urgently knocked on the door.

Jazmin- Hello?

James- Who am I talking too?

Jazmin- Who are you?

James- .............

Jazmin- Hello?...

James- I need to speak to Miles..

Jazmin- (That voice...)...Who is looking for him?

James- (Her voice..It's her...It has to be her)

Jazmin- Please...Say something.......Anything..

James- .............

Jazmin-........James? Is that you?

I expected him to answer back but all I was left with was a dial tone. He had ended the call. Tears ran down my face as I opened the door and gave the phone back to Miles.

Jazmin- I gotta go.

Miles- Jazmin..Wait

Jazmin- It's late..We'll see each other at school.

Miles- Let me drive you home..

Jazmin- No it's fine..I can walk ..

I left his house in a hurry as tears rolled down my face and a cold wind brushed against my flesh. I felt chills all over my body. Hearing his voice again made me feel things I thought were dead inside. I wanted to yell at him! I wanted to hear an apology but instead I got pure cowardly silence. 'I hate him!' I thought as I kicked a small rock to the side. I was only fooling myself. If James made me feel all these mixed emotions just by hearing his voice for a couple miserable minutes. I didn't want to think about what he would have me feel if I saw him again. Before I walked inside my house I took a heart breaking glance to his old house.

"You were a mistake............A beautiful mistake".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

952 78 9
Alyssa is book smart and clueless when it comes to things in the outside world. All she cares about are her grades and why should she bother about an...
132K 3.5K 38
" I found the right place for us to start over, to become friends, but just like that he makes everything wrong again. This is my fault, the love I f...
707 29 8
Willow's life has little scope for adventure. She has always been the good girl, never resisting or rebelling. When her mother plans on getting her m...
7.8K 505 24
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...