Because Love Is Not Enough

Oleh missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... Lebih Banyak

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Chapter 9 Family
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 10 College Day
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 12. Reminscing the past
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned
Chapter 19 Creeps

Chapter 14. Be my queen

59 14 14
Oleh missb00kw0rm

Song for the chapter - Kaun Tujhe Yun Pyaar

Avantika's POV

All the bittersweet memories flood in my mind as I trace the inked skin of my wrist. You are enough are these words sufficient to prove the love, you feel for that person. The person who is supposed to reciprocate the feelings, is he enough?

My mother told me that Ranveer is after me and can hurt me. After that night at his place, I was scared to face him. I am still scared to face that person who was supposed to love me. I don't know how will I act if he comes to me.

Will I yell at him? Will I hit him the way he did? I don't know the answers to these questions. I don't know anything. I just want to lie on my bed and tucked under the soft comforter. I want to close my eyes and when I open them, I find myself in a new world. A world without the scars of my past. I am not strong enough to face him. I may sound weak or pathetic but I don't care what people have to say.

I think about what my mother said on the phone while waiting for Gaurav in the parking lot.

I have to be in Mia's restaurant by six in the evening. She seemed to be a nice person. Gaurav and her know each other but he didn't describe me their relationship.

After waiting for about ten minutes, a black Audi stops beside me and I turn to find Gaurav sitting in the driver's seat. He lowers the window glass and smirks.

"Sorry for being late, Avy bear. That girl in my bio....."

I cut him off by sitting next to him and turn on the music. He scowls at me but starts driving anyway. I smile softly and look outside while humming the song playing on the radio.

"Hmm...... Kaun Tujhe Yun Pyaar Karega Jaise Main Karti Hu...... Haaa ......."(who will love you the way I do)

I feel his eyes on me and turn my head to see him smiling. His gorgeous smile brings one on my face too. He changes the channel and loud Punjabi music blasts in full volume.

"Ban Ja Tu Meri Rani, Tenu Mahal Gawa Dunga....." (Be my queen and I will gift you a palace)

Gaurav starts singing in his husky voice and I giggle in response. He pouts and starts singing louder.

"Ban meri mehbooba, tuje Mumtaz Bna duga..... Ban Meri Rani Rani......" (Be my lover and I will make you an empress.... Be my queen-queen...)

I clutch my stomach hard to stop myself from guffawing but fail. Gaurav keeps singing in a shrill girly voice and laughs with me. Suddenly the car comes to a halt and I see the restaurant.

We walk up to the entrance and open the glass door with jingling bells.

"Avy bear, I will sit here for a while. My friends will join me here after some time, so you can go and start your work."

"Yeah sure. I will see you later."

I talk to Mia and she hands me simple black embroidered apron. White threads are knitted beautifully in the middle showing the logo of the restaurant. I tie it up quickly and start taking orders.

A couple who would be around my age orders two white sauce pasta and virgin mojitos. I quickly note it down on a small notepad and move to the next table.

I glance around and see Gaurav with few other guys talking animatedly. Our eyes lock and he shows me his shit eating grin. I roll my eyes at him and he waves at me. All his friends look at me and I turn my back to them to avoid unnecessary attention.

"Avy bear, come here."

In the bustling noise of a fully packed restaurant hall, his voice doesn't fail in gaining my attention. I turn my head and find all his friends waving at me.

I make my way to them and pull out my notepad to take orders.

"Hii everyone. I am Avantika. What would you all like to have?"

I maintain a full professional waitress voice but cringe inwardly when I realise that I sounded too typical.

Gaurav opens his mouth to speak but a brown-haired muscular guy sitting next to him cuts him off.

"I would like to have you as a desert. It sounds good, doesn't it?"

I feel my blood boil at his dirty words but don't get the chance to teach a lesson to that bastard as Gaurav slams a punch on his jaw.

"Don't you fucking dare to talk to her like that, you motherfucker."

That guy falls on his back, blood dripping through the cut on his lower lip. Two of his friends help him to get up and the other two try to calm Gaurav who looks like an angry bull.

The brown haired guy scowls at Gaurav and wipes the blood off his face.

"What the fuck man! You hit me because of this girl. Is she your girlfriend or something?" He spits.

"She is a friend, Rajeev. And even if she wasn't my friend, you don't get to insult women like that. Start acting like a man or I will have to shove some sense into your shithead."

The guy didn't retort further and apologises.

"I am sorry Avantika."

I glance at Gaurav whose face is tomato red due to anger. I hold his hand in mine and smile softly at him. He doesn't avert his gaze from the brown haired guy but gives a little squeeze to my hand.

I look back to the guy who looks ashamed of his words and feel sorry for him.

"You don't need to apologise to me, just promise that you will never make any other girl uncomfortable because of your actions."

He smiles slightly and nods his head.

"I promise I won't make this mistake again."

I nod my head and walk away from the table but a hand grips my wrist. I turn to see Gaurav looking at me with his innocent eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am okay."

He nods his head and starts walking away. I see him leaving the place and feel embarrassed that I ruined the quality time with his friends.

"Gaurav, please stay."

My voice shakes a little but loud enough to hear. He turns and faces me, a soft smile playing on his lips. His hair, a little dishevelled which kinda make him look more attractive than earlier.

He is wearing a navy blue button up shirt which is loosely tucked, paired with black jeans. My gaze averts from his face and falls on his knuckles. They are slightly swollen because of the impact of the punch.

"You want me to stay Avy bear?"

"Why won't I? Who else is going to drop me home?"

A sly smile on my face while playing with the frayed threads of the apron.

He chuckles softly in response and sits on an empty table.

"Yeah... So bring me a large chicken burger with fries on the side and a small coke. "

I note down his orders quickly and maintain the sweetest smile I can offer.

"A large chicken burger with fries on the side and a small coke. Will that be all?"

"Yes."

He grins wickedly and I stuck out my tongue at him. So mature Avantika, wow.

The evening passes smoothly after that. Gaurav peacefully munched on his food while I attended other customers. At ten, my shift got over and we drove back to the apartment.

**********************************

Hii readers, how are you all? Leave your precious feedbacks in the comment box and vote if you find it good enough.

And the question of the day......

What is your favourite colour?
Mine is Blue.

And don't forget the three magical words.....

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share ❤

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

152K 3.9K 30
PREVIOUSLY TITLED: The Badass Nerd {BOOK 1 in the Opposites Attract trilogy} As a teenager, growing up without your father is very difficult and hear...
255 36 9
~Avantika Sharma ~ Meet this caring, charming and soft hearted girl. Fiesty yet innocent, sweet yet sarcastic, loyal and stubborn and a ball full of...
29.2K 507 18
A girl named Diamond is in the senior year of middle school and she has a crush on the boy she loves. She makes her love known to him not knowing wha...
6K 275 34
[Target- 1k followers in 2024?] Girls are bound to fall for red flags, so does Avantika. But before she realises, it's too late. He changed her,not...