We all have our own Chamber o...

By meaningsdashaway

Demetria Lauren Evans Snape, had found out she was a wizard at the age of 10, she knew she'd been adopted her... More

Paying a visit to my brother
My flying heart and the flying car
Worries
Trying to get past the past
The Year Begins
Not Enough
The Deathday Party
Investigations
Quidditch and Potions
Duels and Serpent Tongues
Christmas and Polyjuice
Restart the Heart
Petrified
Spiders in the Forest
Into the Chamber
Brave Girl, Smart Girl
Honest Girl, Kind Girl

Quidditch, Pranks, and Voices

1.5K 26 2
By meaningsdashaway

        The rest of the week went by rather quickly and Demetria was quite thankful for it. On Thursday they were taught about cross species transfiguration and Demetria who was quite good at Transfiguration just couldn’t seem to understand. Luckily Fred, who was even better at Transfiguration helped her through it.

            The entire rest of the week she hadn’t spoken to Cedric and he hadn’t seemed to spare her one glance. She had double Defense Against the Dark Arts at the end of the Thursday and Lockhart only continued to prove how inept of a teacher he was. It seemed that his lesson with the second years about Cornish Pixies had gone even worse than their lesson on Erklings. Luckily it seemed to have spooked him enough to keep from setting any creatures on them this time.

            On Friday she had History of Magic with the Hufflepuff’s and she knew that if for no other reason that she’d have to make up with Cedric or she’d fail her History of Magic exam at the end of the year for sure. She lazed through charms again and only paid attention in potions for a short amount of time before her dad reprimanded her for making a subpar shrinking solution that caused the frogs they were practicing on to turn into a tadpole with legs instead of a full out tadpole.

            Fred and George pulling their usual pranks shot a firework into the kettle her father was examining causing into to explode on the two Slytherin’s while narrowly missing her father and turning the two Slytherin’s shorter. The Slytherin’s shrieked and her dad instantly turned on Fred and George.

            “Detention for you Weasley’s and why don’t we know twenty points from Gryffindor while we’re at it.” He said.

            Fred and George huffed but shrugged it off and continued to brew their potions. It ended up quite decent for their usual potion making would have probably killed their frog.

            When Saturday morning came Demetria was up at the crack of dawn like Flint had requested. She grabbed her broom and went down to the locker rooms changing alone due to the fact that all the Slytherin’s but her were guys.

            She was out before any of them and began walking onto the field when her eye brows drew together and she noticed the Gryffindor’s.

            She mounted her broom and hung skillfully above them and heard a clicking noise from the stands and noticed it was Colin Creevy, a first year Gryffindor taking pictures of Harry.

            “Who’s that?” said Fred.

            “No idea.” Harry lied.

            “What’s going on?” said Wood frowning as he walked towards them. “Why’s that first year taking pictures? I don’t like it. He could be a Slytherin spy trying to find out about our new training program.”

            George happened to look up and spotted her and smiled a bit shaking his head.

            “He’s in Gryffindor,” said Harry quickly.

            “And the Slytherin’s don’t need a spy, Oliver,” said George.

            “What wakes you say that?” said Oliver testily.

            “Because they’re here in person.” Said George pointing up at Demetria and then down the field at the group of green robes walking onto the field.

            Demetria lowed her broom and landed beside Oliver Wood grinning, “Besides Wood we don’t need to spy to win. My keeping skills are far better than yours.” She teased.

            Though she favored Gryffindor’s over Slytherin’s usually, pushing Oliver Wood’s buttons was a favorite past time of hers. When it came to quidditch it was quite easy to get him riled up.”

            “Oh really?” Oliver hissed.

            “Yep, I can out keep you any day.” She grinned.

            He scoffed a bit before turning his attention to Flint.

            Demetria backed up into her team mates group and Wood glared at Flint before saying, “Flint! This is our practice time. We got up specially! You can clear off now~”

            Marcus was even taller than Oliver which was saying something. “Plenty of room for all of us, Wood.” Marcus grunted.

            “But I booked the field!” said Wood spitting with rage. “I booked it!”

            “Ah,” said Flint. “But I’ve got a specially signed note her from Professor Snape. ‘I Professor S. Snape give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new seeker.’”­

            “You’ve got a new Seeker?” said Wood, distracted. “Where?”

            And from behind her Draco Malfoy emerged.

            “Aren’t you Lucius Malfoy’s son?” said Fred, looking at Malfoy with dislike.

            “Funny, you should mention Draco’s father,” said Flint as the whole Slytherin team minus her and Adrian Pucey who stayed expressionless. “Let me show you the generous gift he’s made to the Slytherin team.”

            They all held out their broom sticks minus Demetria who didn’t feel like showing hers off and it wasn’t a gift from Draco’s father, it was from Cedric.

            “Very latest model. Only came out last month,” said Flint. “I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand Series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps…” he grinned eyeing Fred and George’s Cleansweep fives – “sweeps the board with them.

            “Oh look a field invasion.” Flint said as Ron and Hermione crossed the grass.

            “What’s happening?” Ron asked Harry. “Why aren’t you playing? And what’s he doing here?” He asked eyeing Draco

            “I’m the new Slytherin Seek, Weasley.” Said Malfoy smugly. “Everyone’s just been admiring the brooms my father’s bought our team.”

            Ron gaped at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him.

            “Good, aren’t they?” said Malfoy smoothly. “But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives; I expect a museum would bid for them.”

            The Slytherin team minus her and Pucey again howled with laughter.

            “At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in,” said Hermione sharply. “They got in on pure talent.”

            The smug look on Malfoy’s face flickered before he spat, “No one asked your opinion you filthy little Mudblood.” He spat.

            Flint dived in front of Malfoy to keep Fred and George from jumping on him. Ron reached into his pocket and pulled out his wand and a green flash shot back at Ron throwing him back on the grass.

            Demetria could only think of her and Harry’s mother and hissed, “Use that word again Malfoy do it.”      She poked her wand into his chest.

            His blue eyes flickered. “Do you want me to take your broom? Give it to another person so they can play keeper?”

            “You think Flint’s going to kick me off? Yeah, no. I unlike you have talent and we need a little more than speed to win.”

            “Whatever. You’re a Halfblood right? You probably had a filthy Mudblood mother.”

            Her dark eyes only turned darker before she spat, “Furnunculus.”

            A jet of light shot from her wand hitting Draco in the face causing multiple pimples to sprout.

            Draco shrieked and tried to shield his face from view.

            Harry let out a small laugh before pulling Ron to his feet.

            “Better get him to Hagrid’s. It’s closest.” Harry said dragging Ron across the field while Ron puked up slugs.

            “Give me my broom back.” Malfoy shouted at her.

            “Sorry, I might have already destroyed it. This one I got for my birthday. Oops.” She lied.

            She smugly flew into the air before Flint shouted, “Demetria perform the counter jinx.”

            “I can’t he’ll have to go to my dad for the potion.” Demetria shrugged.

            “You’ll get a detention from him.” Malfoy shouted.

            “Yeah, when he finds out the reason I did it was because you called my mother a Mudblood he might not care so much about your face being covered with boils.”

            She went into Lunch and was called into her dad’s office afterwards.

            “Demetria how dare you curse Malfoy. You…”

            “He called mother a Mudblood.” Demetria said simply.

            Snape stopped and said, “Since when do you defend your mother.”

            “I may think she’s an awful mother but I do not think comments about her blood status should be made.”

            Her father sighed and said, “Alright, go ahead and go.”

            She smiled standing up and running up the stairs of the dungeon finding Fred and George in the hallways.

            “What’re you doing?” Demetria asked.

            “Go get your broom.” Fred said.

            Demetria huffed going back to her dormitory and getting it as told.

            Fred handed her five raw eggs and said, “Stole them from the kitchen. Figure we could egg the hallway. Start of the year prank.”

            She sighed and shook her head and said, “Alright, alright.” She mounted her broom and they hovered above speeding down the hallway egging anyone who passed by.

            She grabbed her last egg from her robe pocket and threw it at the back of someone’s head.

            When they turned around her cheeks turned red when she saw it was Cedric.

            He looked up at her shocked and she bit her lip as the twins laughed loudly doing all they could to stay on their brooms.

            She landed and said, “Sorry, I really didn’t mean to hit you. Well I did. But that was before I knew you was you.”

            He nodded lightly and gave sigh, “It’s fine.” He went to turn and continue walking.

            “Wait let me clean you up.” She said grabbing his arm and turning him towards her before waving her wand and saying, “Scourgify.”

            Cedric’s hair became cleaner but due to Demetria’s limited skill at cleaning spells the charm didn’t work as well as one would have hoped.

            Cedric looked at her for a moment and said, “Thanks.” Before quickly walking off.

            She gave a sigh and couldn’t even pretend to mind when Filch began screaming at her, Fred, and George before bringing her father and Professor McGonagall both of which awarded them with detention at eight o’clock tonight.

            Demetria would be joining Harry in answering Lockhart’s fan mail which she quickly tried to get out of, while the twins would help Ron clean the silver in the trophy room.

            Demetria sulked up to Lockhart’s with Harry after breakfast in the Great Hall.

            “Why didn’t you tell us about Slytherin’s practice today or their new brooms?”

            She shrugged and said, “I guess it just slipped my mind.”

            “Too busy with Fred or Cedric?” He asked.

            “No, neither are a problem. Fred’s just a friend and Cedric, well he and I are hardly even that at the moment.”

            “Why?” He asked frowning.

            “He’s been a good sport. After we broke up he took it as well as could be expected but I don’t think I gave him enough time or myself enough time to get over each other.”

            Harry nodded and hesitantly opened to door to Lockhart’s office.

            Lockhart looked up beaming at them and said, “Ah Harry and Ms. Snape, wonderful. Two wonderful talents, you two can serve detention with me. You two can address the envelopes. This first ones to Gladys Gudgeon, bless her – huge fan of mine –“

            The two continued addressing the envelopes both trying to drown out the others words.

            The candles burned lower as they got into the hours of midnight.

            The all of the sudden Demetria noticed Harry jump. “What?” He said loudly.

            “I know!” said Lockhart. “Six solid months at the top of the best-seller list! Broke all records!”

            Neither of them had been paying attention to Lockhart and Harry said, “No! That voice.”
            Demetria looked at him confused and both she and Lockhart said, “What voice?”

            “That – that voice that said – didn’t you hear it?” Harry asked looking from Demetria to Lockhart.

            “What are you talking about, Harry? Perhaps you’re getting a little drowsy? Great Scott – look at the time! We’ve been here nearly four hours. I’d never have believed it – the times flown hasn’t it? How about you two get off to bed.”

            Demetria got up and grabbed Harry’s arm walking with him. “Are you okay?”
            “I swear I heard a voice. It was saying something awful. It was so cold. It said: ‘Come…come to me…Let me rip you…Let me tear you…Let me kill you…”

            Demetria frowned and said, “That’s odd.”
            “Am I crazy or maybe I’m just tired?” Harry frowned. “It seemed real enough.”

            “Well if you hear it again make sure to tell me okay.” She said squeezing her brother’s shoulder.

            He nodded and ended up hugging her. She let her arms wind around her brother hugging him tightly. “Go get some sleep. It will probably help.” She stated.

            As she walked towards the dungeons she came across Fred and George who were heading up to the common room.

            “Filch is by far the worst person to serve detention with. He made us shine everything almost thirteen times.” George exclaimed.

            “Are you kidding me try having Lockhart muttering: ‘Fame is a fickle thing’ over and over for four hours.” Demetria said.

            “Oh please I’m sure you tuned him out pretty quickly.” Fred stated.

            “Maybe but then Harry heard a voice. A strange one. Lockhart and I didn’t hear it so now he thinks he’s gone mad.” Demetria stated.

            “Maybe he has.” Fred laughed.

            “That’d be interesting. A mad Harry.” George laughed.

            “I can’t imagine it.” Fred grinned. “So what was the voice like? Deep?” He said in a deep voice. “Or squeaky.” He said in a squeaking voice.

            He described it as cold which makes sense since he said it said, “Let me rip you, let me tear you, let me kill you.”

            “Maybe he really has gone mad.” George said.

            “Oh shut up.” Demetria said shoving George. “Get to bed. I’m going too. I’m absolutely exhausted.”

            “Alright, alright.” George said holding his hands up. “We’re going. Sweet dreams.” He grinned before walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472K 10.6K 38
Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of a dark wizard and 2) her mother's husban...
50.2K 1K 45
Strong language and may contain smut. Maddison Weasley, Fred and Georges younger sister, had adopted a certain Hufflepuff buddy, Cedric Diggory, o...
42.3K 1.2K 30
Daisy Diggory's life is simple. She goes to Hogwarts with her twin brother, Cedric, and her best friends, Fred and George Weasley. Between all the pr...
1.8K 30 21
Y/n Snape daughter of Severus Snape, she's in her 5th year with her best friends the Weasley twins, and their friend Lee Jordan while the golden trio...