Anthony• Book 2 ManxMan

By cecil_flores

Anthony hates Cedric. Cedric hates Anthony. Yet Cedric and Anthony are each other's second... mates? See what... More

Prologue
•Cedric•
•Power•
•Touch•
•377•
•Mates•
• Feeling •
•Hate•
•Play•
•Happiness•
•Close•
•Logan•
•Hurt•
•Pain•
•Forgiveness•
•Forced Heat•
• Learning •
•Alpha •

•Eyes•

4.3K 197 34
By cecil_flores

Chapter 12

"Have you talked to Jude recently? He says he's been trying to reach you but you haven't been answering. Hell everyone's been trying to reach you. Did you lose your phone or something?"

"Oh right... last time I had my phones was when I got ambushed by the council. They must have taken them or destroyed them."

"Phones? Oh let me guess. One for work and one for the pack."

"Exactly." He gives me a sideways glance before looking back towards the road.

"You miss it huh? I can see it. The way your hands twitch. How you pick at your finger nails." I look down at my hands.

"It's like an itch I can't scratch. Like a drug. At moments I have the urge to kill. It's just growing stronger and stronger. There was a rogue attack earlier this week. I was going to kill him Logan. Wanted to rip into him. But I didn't. Cedric needed him for questioning."

"You stopped for Cedric? When we went on team missions you would never stop, even when we'd yell at you to."

I haven't even thought of that. And it's completely true.

"Look Anthony. I don't like Cedric for what he did. But he's your mate now. So..."

"So...?"

"I approve Ant."

I laugh at the ridiculous nickname. "You might approve but... Logan I don't want this."

"Why not?"

Why can't I tell my fucking twin that I killed my first mate? Why is it so hard to tell him everything? We're supposed to be close, inseparable. But that was gone the moment I killed my first mate. I distanced myself and he knows it. He noticed as soon as it happened. One night when he came home drunk he asked me, asked me 'why? Why'd you leave me behind?

"Anthony."

"No reason. Are we almost there?"

"Uh yeah."

The rest of the car ride was ridiculously quiet. But when we got to Jude's new place, he was already waiting outside for us. He's looking great as always, radiant, blinding. And his hair has grown out a bit.

"Anthony! Logan!" Before we even get a chance to close the car doors, Jude is already running into my arms.

"Hey Jude."

"How are you guys? Well first let's go inside I want you to meet Arik." We follow him into his lavish mansion. I could already smell the stench of dead people as soon as I got out of the car. And stepping foot into their Vampire Coven, I'm already reaching for my knife. It's an instinct, my guard is up.

"Mostly everyone is out right now so let's go in the living room!" The house is pretty open, there's windows everywhere, light shines inside. If someone that didn't know what this place really was, came here, they wouldn't have thought it was a Vampire Coven.

"Arik my cousins are here!" Jude jumps into the arms of his lover. His lover is a tall man with wavy dark blonde hair. He's decked in all black, from a V-neck shirt down to baggy black sweats.

"Welcome! Make yourselves at home. I've already met Anthony but you I have not." Arik brings his hand out for Logan to shake.

"Name's Logan."

"Nice to see you again Arik." I shake his hand after Logan does. We all gather on the large couch. A girl comes into the room holding a tray of snacks when Jude and Logan start catching up. I eat all the snacks, not really knowing what to talk about.

"How does being mates work with you two?" I watch Logan lean in to hear their response.

"I mean we marked each other in our own ways. And the sex is great-"

"Wow wow TMI!" They laugh at Logan.

"Yeah you pretty much set yourself up for that one brother." I pat his shoulder and continue eating.

"Okay true. So what's going to happen after Jude grows old and dies?" I give him a what-the-actual-fuck look and he just shrugs.

"Arik's sister took care of that."

"Yes, I gave Jude the choice to age normally or to live forever."

He's immortal?

"You're fucking immortal!" Logan gasps and his extra-ness is me in my head, at the moment.

"Yeah," Jude chuckles and gives Arik's hand a squeeze.

They kept talking about their adventures since Jude came to live with him. It was boring and envious. I wanted to leave. Especially when Jude tried bringing up that phone call. But I changed the topic so quick I'm surprised none of us got whiplash. I even gave Logan a look and he nodded. I thought I was finally leaving.

"Let's go out tonight!" Logan suggests. I see Jude perk up at the idea. Great.

"Where?"

"A club," Logan makes a creepy smile. "Anthony is coming along too. He's never been."

"And I don't plan on going." Logan just rolls his eyes and smiles at Jude.

"You in?"

"Fuck yeah. Wanna come babe? We need a night out." Jude grabs Arik's collar lightly and gets in his face. A shy smirk appears on his face as he gets close to him.

"I'd love to."

"Then let's go now!"

To say I was dragged isn't far from the truth. I didn't get out of my seat when Logan parked the car outside of a dark building with lights coming out of it.

"Come on Anthony! It'll be worth it! We're going to have fun, you're going to actually have fun!"

"You act like I don't have fun."

"Killing people isn't fun you psycho." Logan gets out of the car and I reluctantly do the same. I'd rather be out there than stuck in a car for who knows how long.

In my peripheral vision I see a car with two people inside it. I would have thought nothing of it, if they hadn't started talking on the phone.

"Yes alpha we followed him here. Yes sir."

Half of me hoped Cedric sent them but the other half is pissed he had the audacity to.

"Anthony come on we're waiting." Logan yells.

The moment I step foot into that club I'm assaulted by noise and mustiness mixed with perfume. Not the greatest combination.

"Let's go to the bar." Logan eyed a few girls on our way to the bar. He made sure to take my hand in his and guide me.

"Drink." Logan shoves a drink into my face. I grab it with my hands and set it down.

"You know I don't drink."

"You've never even tried it before. Come on." Talk about peer pressure. Logan puts it into my hand and I sigh before drinking the oddly sweet yet bitter drink. It burns my throat going down but in a very satisfying way.

I watch Logan start talking to a blonde girl beside him. My eyes wandered to find Jude but he's dancing with Arik. I watch people look at them with awe. Yeah same.

I keep watching them without realizing how much liquor I was drinking. I pretended to not notice Logan slipping a 100 to the bartender and telling him to keep the drinks coming for me.

"Hey you're uh twin told me to keep giving you drinks. Any requests? So far I've just been giving you the same ones."

"How many more drinks will that hundred give me?"

"Uh it all depends on the drink."

"Then give the people at the bar their drinks free."

"Yes sir."

When Logan was dragged away by some girl, I made my way away from the bar and into the crowd of people dancing.

I just need to get some fresh air. It stinks in here, the smell hasn't gotten any better even with all the alcohol in my system. Not that the alcohol does anything.

I walk past the bouncer and I turn the corner. I lean against the wall and I look up into the night sky.

Goddess I hate clubs. And it's just as loud out here as it is in there. The street is packed with dressed up people and nice cars. I'm surprised we didn't have to wait in line, but then again, Logan loves these places. I wouldn't be surprised if he has connections.

"You trying to get in?" I resist scrunching up my nose in repulsion. This guy stinks of bad perfume, I don't know if he bathed in perfume just to hide his rogue scent or not but regardless it's not working. And I recognize his voice, he was the one talking on the phone in that car earlier. He's also not part of Cedric's pack, I would know. I spent enough time there to memorize everyone's names and faces.

"Just got out of there actually." I go along with the conversation.

"Damn and here I was offering you a way to get in."

"Ah no need, thanks though. I appreciate that man."

"Nah no worries. I'm Grant," he holds his hand out for me to shake.

"Tyler," I lie easily and shake his hand.

"Tyler? ... nice name." The edge of my lip twitches up wanting to smirk.

"What, you sound disappointed." I chuckle. He was expecting me to say my real name, to make sure he has the right guy. That means he's after me... or Cedric. And the thought of someone going after Cedric makes my blood boil and I hate it.

"Oh nah man. You just don't look like a Tyler-"

"Anthony-" Grant's eyes widen when he hears my name and sees Logan coming towards us. I take my knife out and I pierce Grant in his back while grabbing his neck, pressing my arm against his chest to keep him still.

"One move from you and this knife will paralyze your body from the waist down. Even your werewolf healing won't be able to heal this damage." His heart starts racing and I start smelling his fear.

"Logan." Logan doesn't even have to hear the rest. He whips his phone out and starts calling Wayne. I look at our surroundings and thankfully no one is looking. Some glance our way but either don't care about the situation or they don't want to get involved. Humans.

I slowly step back with him into a somewhat dark part of the building where there aren't any people at all.

"Logan, there was one more with him. Keep your eyes open for them."

Logan nods, "I'm going to get Jude and Arik."

"Who sent you?" I ask Grant though I doubt that's his actual name. He wouldn't be stupid enough to actually tell me his real name.

"No one!"

"Bull, I know you're lying. Your heart beat is giving you away. You were talking on the phone earlier. Who's your alpha?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" I twist the knife upwards and I cover his mouth to keep him from screaming too loud. Not that anyone would hear because of the insane noise coming from the main street and the club.

"One more question you don't answer, you're dead. Who's your alpha." In that moment I sense someone ambush me from the side. I move the knife down and Grant screams as I paralyze him. Then I turn and I grab the other guys' head and I break his neck.

"Anthony!" Jude comes running out and into view.

"Logan, take this guy to the car. He's out for the time being. We're taking him back to Cedric's pack house. It's closer from here. Arik, wanna help me get rid of this guys' body?" I ask him, he nods and grabs him but not before turning to me.

"I smell blood." He comments. I frown and look down at a dagger nudged into my side. I didn't notice, damn do I enjoy my abilities. I pull it out and wipe the blood off of it with my clothes. It's a nice dagger so I slip it into my pocket.

"No worries, we'll drop Jude off at your house-"

"No! I'm going with you guys. This was an ambush, something's happening. I want to help." He turns to his lover, "take care of the body my love. Contact me when you're done. I'll see you soon." He gives Arik a passionate kiss before Arik disappears into the night with the dead rogue on his shoulders.

"Then let's go." Logan makes it look as if he's helping a wasted Grant to the car. Anyone looking our way would think that.

"I'm driving." Logan throws me the keys.

"No you're not. You're injured. I don't even know how you're still standing." Jude exclaims.

"It's nothing." Jude shoots me a stern look but doesn't fight me since I'm already in the drivers seat. Once everyone is inside I start the car and drive off as fast as I can. Too fast but I make sure any police around us doesn't see us.

Getting to Cedric's pack it hits me. He'll be seeing Jude for the first time since then. The day I drove Jude to his place, the day I found out he was my second mate. How will Cedric feel? Why am I even thinking this? I shouldn't care, well I should care considering he is my mate. I just don't want to care.

And as we got out of the car Cedric, followed by a few warrior wolves, come out. I couldn't tell what he was thinking from the look on his face when he locked eyes with Jude. But one thing's for sure, he's still not over him. I could tell as clear as day. He wasn't taking his eyes off of Jude. Didn't even turn to me once or looked into my eyes or noticed my presence...

I don't know why that hurt so much.

-

Omg Anthony stopppp you're breaking my heart! Maybe it's just a misunderstanding? Hehe you'll find out next chapter!

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Extra long one bc I've been lagging on the updates. Same with my other stories *cries* I've just been busy but honestly not busy enough to not write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

746 21 6
After escaping the horrors of his past, Liam becomes a rogue. In the time that he's been in the forest, he's encountered little danger. Finally at pe...
195K 4.6K 61
Delving into the narrative of an Omega's anguish and the downfall of a Trueblood. Alice once embraced the notion that having a mate was a sublime exp...
994K 11.5K 21
Available to download @Smashwords.com (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/253526) where you can download on all their possible options. Denise Bev...
531K 11.8K 24
Lucy Hale, your typical omega. Shy, nerdy, loner and anything her pack would like to punch and boss around. Her life was turned upside down after an...