The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!

263 9 0
By lyradavi11

Akria's POV

     Every step I take has a little jump in them that expresses the joy in me. It's hard to believe I'm finally going back to my country after years, but it's really happening. I giggle as I make my way to Kakashi-sensei's house. Fortunately, I meet the man himself on the way. "Kakashi!" I call out and run towards him so that we could walk side by side. He closes the book in his hand and looks at me in question, "Akira. What is it?"

     "Well..." I draw out as I run my hands through my hair. I don't exactly know how to tell this to him. In reality, as much as I am happy to go back to Kurisutaru, I know that I will be staying there. Regardless of the fact that I will be Queen or not, Kurisutaru is my home. And I am quite sad that I will be leaving Konoha. "Akira?" Kakashi brings me back from my thoughts. "Right," I nod, "I will be leaving for Kurisutaru tomorrow morning."

     The masked man stops dead in his tracks and stares at me in disbelief. I give him a small but excited smile, waiting for him to say something. He lets out a sigh before an outline of a smile is seen from behind his mask. I grin as we start walking again and turn around a corner. "That's... amazing, Akira. I'm happy for you. I didn't realize you would be going so soon."

     "I know," I agree with a breathy chuckle, "Believe me, I was as surprised as you were, if not even more." I stuff my hands in my pockets and sadly smile. I knew Kakashi was happy for me, but I also knew we shared the same bit of grief that came from the thought that we won't be seeing much of each other anymore. Must I remind you that I look up to Kakashi like a father, and him to me as a daughter? It's fairly obvious that we share a bond.

     "But I will be coming back after a week to report to Lady Tsunade," I shrug with a smile. He nods, "But you are planning to go back after you've reported? You're going to become a Queen." It was more of a statement than a question, but I wonder if I actually will. If things went well, then yes, I will be crowned as Queen. No matter what happens I will always belong to Kurisutaru. 

     I used to think that I no longer deserved to be called a princess, or be given the title of Queen. But Lady Tsunade gave me a letter from Kurisutaru that just washed away all my insecurities. I was young, and I didn't know what to do. I just followed orders from my family, and it was a good thing because now they have someone still alive with royal blood in their veins. I guess I kind of understand why they protected me. The letter motivated me a lot. It was from 'anonymous', who I would meet soon, and I couldn't wait to thank whoever it was.

     Turning to Kakashi, I smile, "Do you want to have a quick dinner at Ichiraku's?" Kakashi chuckles and leads the way. It's going to be our last meal together for a while. I grin as soon as I see the familiar pink and yellow mop of hair at the place already. I'm glad to see them now, so I can tell them, but I stop when I heard sadness in their voices. Kakashi looks at me, but doesn't go ahead either. Sakura and Naruto don't notice me yet, so I lay back to be unseen.

     "...Earlier today, Sasuke was wearing the same expression. That's why I think.." Sakura grimly trails off, causing me to briefly wonder about what she said earlier, but with Naruto's next words, I could guess. "Orochimaru, huh?" Naruto mumbles. I sigh and lean on the side of the shop, looking at Kakashi sadly. Kakashi just closes his eyes and shakes his head. He doesn't like this conversation either. Before we could go and interrupt, Naruto mentions something that throws us off. "I ran into him again a while back," Naruto mention, seriousness clear in his voice, "When I was searching for Old Lady Tsunade.. He's one dangerous dude."

     I glance at Kakashi to see if he knew anything about this, but he seems as surprised as I am with this news. I clear my head before dragging Kakashi into the shop. "Ichiraku-san! Good evening!" I greet as Kakashi sends a small wave. "Aki-chan! Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto and Sakura exclaim in unison. I grin at them before ordering my ramen and taking a seat beside Sakura. Naru turns to me with an apologetic expression, "Aki-chan, you were right. I took it too far with Sasuke today."  "As long as you understand. Anyway, I'm actually glad I ran into you guys here," I smile as I place my hands on my lap. Sakura and Naruto look at me curiously. "You see, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I'm going to visit my hometown."

     Wide smiles appear on their faces. "That's great, Akira! You must be really excited," Sakura comments. "Uh huh," I agree as I receive my ramen from Ichiraku-san., "I'll be going over there after a long time. 'M coming back after a week, but we'll see after that." The smile drops from Sakura's face, but Naruto continues to be cheery, not getting what I was implying. "Aki-chan, bring me some delicious food from there! You have to, alright?" Naruto begs. "Of course!" "But, Aki.." Sakura trails off with a troubled expression on her face. "Hm?" I asked knowingly, my mouth full of noodles. "You are... eventually planning to stay there, aren't you?" Sakura sadly asks and Naruo looks at her in confusion. "What? Aki-chan isn't leaving from the team, right?" Naruto looks at me hopefully.

     I give them a tight-lipped smile, "Don't kick me out of the team just yet. My heart's still going to be with you guys. Naruto, Sakura. Kurisutaru is the place I always treasured as its princess, and as a citizen there in general. I love it from the bottom of my heart and it broke me to have watched it fall into ruins. Now that they are asking of me, I can't simply ignore them. Everyone of them are my family, and I would do anything to help them. Although it holds the very memories that are my worst nightmares, it's also where I made some of my best ones. However, my memories with you guys are never going to leave my mind, and will be treasured. But I am going back to where I belong."

     "Konohagakure will always have a place for you, Akira. And you'll always be welcomed, because you belong in this place as well," Kakashi gives a warm smile. I nod as Sakura and Naruto give me a hug. "By the way, any of you know where Sasuke might be?" I ask. Their faces fall but Sakura quickly puts on a fake smile, "I don't know, to be honest. I'll mention it to him though. We'll see you off tomorrow morning, don't worry." I nod before softly smiling, "I better get going then. I haven't prepared a thing!" I walk home as soon as I bid them good night. Something in the air didn't sit right with me, but I had no time to worry about that. I had a big day ahead of me.

     To my surprise, a note was found in my room. It looks like someone slipped it from the crack in the door.

     An ambassador from Kurisutaru will be awaiting you at the gate at 5 am. Be sure to visit me before you head there and leave! ~ Tsunade

     It has the hokage's seal imprinted at the bottom to assure me that this is from the hokage, and not an impersonator. An excited laugh leaves my lips as tomorrow's plans fill my mind. I can't wait!

~~~

     I wake up as early as my body let me before taking my big backpack and sprinting to the hokage tower. It was  4:30 am and I was bubbling with elation! I knock hurriedly at the door, awaiting Lady Tsunade's approval of letting me in, "It's Akira." I'm planning to go to Sasuke's house after this to say goodbye, seeing as I haven't talked to him about this yet. After that, I will be heading off to the gates!

    Faint talking reach my ears, but can't quite catch what they are saying. However, I most definitely heard Sasuke's name, and that worries me more than it should. I frown, but soon, the door opens to reveal Kotetsu and Izumo with troubled expressions mirroring the one of Lady Tsunade's. My frown deepens but I enter when she nods at me.

     "Is something the matter, Lady Tsunade?" I ask in worry. She looks at me as she contemplates what to say with her hands tapping on the table. She sighs with frustration and leans her head back, "Akira, your help would've been very appreciated right now." My brows furrow, but before I can further question her, Shikamaru's voice is heard accompanied with a knock. "Come in," Lady Tsunade sighs. Shikamaru enters and steps up before giving me a questioning glance. "Alright. I'll explain the situation to you both," she starts as she wears a very worrisome and serious expression on her face that scares me, "Sasuke has slipped out of the village during the night. And.. there's no mistake that he's heading for the sound village."

      "What?!" Shikamaru exclaims in absolute shock as I stumble back a bit, feeling like she just physically hit me with the news. I couldn't believe my ears. Sasuke left the village without the hokage's permission? Moreover, he's heading for the sound village. Moreover, he left team 7..? He left me without a word..? I gulp as my chest contracts in pain, "He's going to Orochimaru." Tsunade nods at me, "That's right."

     "But why.." Shikamaru asks in surprise. Lady Tsunade explains that Sasuke has been enticed, and when Shikamaru asks for more information, she says there's no time to explain. I, on the other hand, am beyond flabbergasted. My mind is in panic and a zillion questions are running through my head to the point where I can't chose one and speak up. There was just one conclusion that overcame the other incoherent thoughts; Sasuke had really left.

     "Shikamaru, you will perform your first mission as a chunin. There will probably be other enemies with him, sent from Orochimaru," Lady Tsunade explains. To Shikamaru's dismay, there weren't any available jounins or chunins to help, so he had to gather strong genins. "I'm coming," I step forward as Shikamaru nods. There was no way I was letting Sasuke just leave. I need to hear a full explanation to why he can't just become stronger in Konoha. Why go all the way to a snake to kill your brother? Right, I mentally chuckle in grief, he's one stupid kid.

     Lady Tsunade sends Shikamaru away before sighing and turning to me, "As much as that would be great, don't forget that you are to leave to Kurisutaru right now. In fact, you are keeping someone waiting at the gate at this moment." My face falls at the reminder. Don't get me wrong, It's not like I don't want to go to Kurisutaru, the timing is just horribly wrong.

     I shake my head profoundly, "Lady Tsunade, I will tell the ambassador that an urgent issue has come up. I'm sure they'll understand." She looks hesitant and shakes her head slightly, "Akira, they've prepared for this. They've all this way here, your whole country is waiting for you. And you were so excited too. There are so many things that could go wrong. You can try, but I don't recommend it."

     I nod and slowly walkout. I had to really think about this. This was my chance to finally go back to Kurisutaru, and deep down I knew that was the right thing to do. But I couldn't just give up on Sasuke. Sasuke... he's my teammate, my friend, someone I shared so many memories with. 

     My pace to the gate was slow, and tears started to fill up in my eyes. When I started to approach the gate, I spotted the group that was going to get Sasuke along with Sakura. I was there just in time to hear Naruto's promise of getting Sasuke back no matter what.

     What am I worrying about? There are five people going on this mission who I can trust, especially Naruto. If there's one thing I learnt about him, it's that he never gives up. "Naru," I mutter as he glances at me with a smile. His face drops into confusion, "Wait, Aki-chan, why aren't you coming with us??"

     I sigh and shake my head, "I already told you last night, I have to go back. I was planning on going on this mission too, but I think it's best If I leave it to you guys." My eyes bore into Naruto's eyes only to find an unlimited amount of determination. I smile fondly and step forward to wrap my arms around him.

     "I trust you, Naruto," I say in just above a whisper, "Bring him back." Naruto wraps his arms around me before grinning. "I will knock some sense into him and get him back here. I promise on my life! You have fun and don't worry about a thing!" he exclaims. I nod and eye Shikamaru. "If it's you, the plan is most likely good," I take a deep breath, "Don't die, but never give up. I expect to see all six of you, including Sasuke, when I come back next week."

     They all grin at me before heading off. Sakura sniffles and hugs me, "Oh, Aki. How could he do this..?" My heart weighed as I thought about how hard this must be for Sakura. Sasuke is one selfish guy that I can't handle. "I don't know, Sakura. He's always been stupid when it comes to making decisions," I halfheartedly laugh, "We better tell him off when he comes back, yeah?" She gives me a soft smile, "Yeah." We bid our farewells as she walks back into the village.

     I sigh and look around for any other people close to the gate other than Kotetsu and Izumo. I walk up to them and they smile at me, "How's it going, Akira? Or should I say, Princess Akira?" I let out a breathy laugh, "What a ridiculous question. Have you guys seen Kurisutaru's ambassador?" Kotetsu glances at something past my head before grinning, "Right behind you."

     Before I could turn around to see who it was, the ambassador makes himself known, "It's been a while, Princess." My eyes open wide and I slowly turn myself around in shock. I would recognize that voice anywhere. Even if it has changed a bit, there is no way I could ever forget anything about him. My eyes brim with tears as I bring my hand to my mouth to stifle my surprised gasp. I gulp and take a hesitant step forward.

     "Kyle."

     A wide and fond smile finds its way on his face.

     "Princess Akira. How have you been?"

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Hryyy! Hope you enjoyed reading this! Don't forger to vote, comment, and follow!

Published: 5/26/2018

Edited 

2587 words

~Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.1K 1.9K 29
One person needed courage to face the past. Another person needed effort to make a dream come true... It's been a few years after the great shinobi...
14.3K 530 22
Apparently I'm from the Narutoverse. And I'm the Prophesied Princess? A prophecy was placed on me saying that I will help bring love and light to thi...
33.2K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
19.6K 366 14
Menma Namikaze woke up in a strange world and he can't figure out how to get back. Meanwhile, Naruto Uzumaki, his biggest rival, is always bickering...