The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

20- Family

2.4K 99 24
By megumiiseyelashes

"Well crap." I muttered staring at the mansion before my eyes. This place looked like a freaking horror house you would find in those movies where the girl moves into the house and dies. Metal gates bordered around the school definitely not easing my nerves, now it would be harder to escape if worse comes to worse. Heck, even the trees and plants were lifeless and deprived from entity. Whatever happened here, impacted the entire environment. It was like something died here many years ago which caused this conservatism.

As I walked passed the gates, a wave nostalgia hit me like a pile of bricks before I continued journeying, not taking my eyes off the door to see if anything pops out and grabs me out of nowhere to sacrifice me to some cult where they'll do some voodoo shit on me.

I gripped the tissue packet in my hand that I found in my pocket before throwing the rubbish away. what was that going to do? Was I meant to give the enemy a packet of tissue if they sneezed? Oh bless you Mr Serial killer, here have a Kleenex. In fact, take the whole entire damn box.

No, although I have every right to assume the worse I'm sure that I wasn't called here to be killed. And besides, I can defend myself now. Strength wise, I wasn't weak before and I'm not weak now. I can do this, all I need to do is walk through those doors.

Slowly I drag my legs towards the door ignoring the shiver that ran down my spine feeling like someone was breathing on the nape of my neck, and pressed my finger against the doorbell ignoring how the whole mansion was twice the size of the Academy.

"Hello?" I breathed, mentally scolding myself. This is the stereotypical scene where the girl dies because she called out to the devil. Fuck you El, fuck you.

I let out a scream when cold, pale fingers wrapped tightly around my wrist pulling me into the manor, I squeezed my eyes close trying not to move an a inch. Pitiful really, this is how the so-called powerful Alpha is going to die? By the hoaxed version of slender man? Is it too late to say that I love Jesus?

"Are you Miss Laveriana?" My eyes flew open as I stared at the frail maiden in disbelief, she's just a tiny girl in a maid's outfit. And to think I thought she was some petrifying, flesh-eating monster.

I let out a sigh of relief nodding. "I'd prefer if you called me Elvia. Now may I ask why I've been insisted by a stranger to meet up at a place I've never been to in my whole life all of a sudden?" I rambled in exasperation before relaxing my muscles. "Sorry, I'm a bit on edge. This place just creeps me out and it's in the middle of an isolated field and- yeah." I gave a sheepish smile.

The girl smiles sadly bowing. "You remind me off her, and I see you have her looks as well. It is an honour to be standing in front of her daughter."

I wave my hands back and forth. "No need to bow, and what do you mean 'her' daughter? I'm an orphan, I have no parents. And even if I did they must be very bad parents to just abandon their kid on the dangerous streets." She looks at me dolorously shaking her head.

"You're wrong, I knew your parents. They were good people, and what they did was to protect you not to harm you. I can see that you have very good people in your life and that you had people who tried bringing you out of the darkness you were succumbed in before, cherish them. Never let them go." She smiles distantly.

"So, good parents leave their kids to survive on their own with nowhere to go?" I chuckle bitterly wiping away a tear I never knew escaped my eyes.

"Parents who loved you enough to leave you out there on your own to protect you from something that killed them in the end." My eyes widen. "Please follow me Miss, there's someone who wants to meet you." She walks down the hallway towards the left leaving me no choice but to follow her.

We walk up the spiral staircase and slumbered through the wide corridors that led to a doorway which was more of an entrance to a dungeon if anything, at least that's what the eery vibe gave off. She slowly opens the door bowing as soon as she enters before walking towards the bed where lied a tall figure tucked underneath the covers, with golden hair that almost revolved into platinum sprawled all over the pillow. My breath was swept away, she's gorgeous.

The maid beckoned me to her side as I hesitantly took a step in closing the door behind me. I had no idea an ill person was resting here, now I feel guilty for calling this place a dungeon.

"S-Sora...? Did you b-bring her?" Despite the raggedness in her voice, she sounded so angelic. If only I can sound like that all the time, if I was dying I'll probably sound like a seal getting choked by a donkey on crack.

"Yes Lady Kuranomi." She smiles gesturing towards me.

When the lady's eyes reached mine, she immediately shot up her eyes completely wide with tears that slipped past her cheeks. I stood uncomfortably not knowing what to do, should I comfort her or...?

I approached her as she grabbed my hands with such gentleness which even surprised me as she pulled me into a hug, I had no choice but to embrace the gesture and awkwardly pat her back. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from muttering 'there there'.

The palm of her hands travelled to my cheeks, running her thumbs over my cheekbones. I sat on the edge of the bed unsure on what to do besides letting the lady touch my face. Hey, if it's a person's dying wish then it would be heartless not to grant it.

"You're safe, y-you're here, you're alive. A-All these years o-of searching only t-to find out you've grown into a-a beautiful young, independent g-girl." She smiles so brightly, which almost blinded me from the light radiating from her face.

"Who are you?" I asked trying not to sound rude.

She lets out another sniff before smiling sadly. "Y-You must've f-felt very lonely, and it's a-all my fault. If I've f-found you earlier, t-there would've never of been a hole in your heart t-that missed the love of a family." She cries bowing her head, why is everyone always bowing down to me?!

"What do you mean?" I question, shifting the weight to the left side of my body.

"Haven... I'm your Aunt." My eyes fall out of their sockets. My Aunt?

"I-I know it's so sudden, b-but believe it or not I've been searching f-for you for the past sixteen and a-a half years. Your M-Mother is my sister, and she entrusted m-me to find you and take care of you but I-I couldn't complete such a simple task?" She covers her face with her hand. "And now, I'm atoning f-for my mistake. I'm dying, a-and I'm afraid I have not that much t-time left for me and there's so much I wanted to a-ask you but I h-had enough time to do that. This mansion w-was your Parents', and now it belongs to you. In that box will explain e-everything that was meant to be said. A-And now, I m-must leave. Haven, I-I don't need to spend time with you to tell you that I l-love you with all my heart, and that I'm sorry."

"Sorry for not being there for you." My wide eyes stared at her as the life slowly disappeared from her eyes, her fingers slowly slipped from my face falling limp against the mattress as her head rolled to the side, showing that she was no longer living.

Sorry for not being there for you.

Tears fell from my eyes falling onto her pale, desolated cheeks. I found someone, who was my blood relative just to lose them to hands of death. I let out a sob my ear resting against her chest hoping to hear any signs of life, nothing. I had parents, I had family, even though my Aunt who I don't even know the name of just died before my eyes, I felt happy that I wasn't left to die alone because I was a mistake, or because I was unwanted.

I was needed.

I stood up, my tears now dried up. I will avenge my parents and my Aunt, they died protecting me and my Aunt died due to a bunch of heartless, crazed humans so I should risk my life avenging them, and then for once I can feel what it is like to please your parents. To make them proud, to feel proud.

"Milady, I served parents so it would be an honour if I I can serve you to. Being with you, makes me feel like your parents are alive, a piece of your parents are with you so don't ever feel like you're lonely. I am- what you call an seer, I can foretell the future whether it may be good or bad. And you, daughter of Rei, are destined for such misfortune yet there's a light in the darkness that can manipulate your future and make it your own. And I want to aid you in your battle, please take me under your wing Miss." I smiled softly at the girl, she looked to be around twelve. Even if she never insisted, I would've forced her to come with me anyway.

"There's no need to ask." I ruffled her hair causing her to pout. I held her hand smiling. "You're with me from now on." She looks at me with big doe eyes, I couldn't help but awe at her cuteness.

A sense of grief made me frown again and swipe my hands over my Aunt's face, closing her eyes so that she could rest in peace. "We need to bury her."

A few hours later, it was already dark. Mainly because of my lack of knowledge on how to bury someone, the process did take a long time which worried me considering Night has fell upon us and I felt uneasy. Nonetheless, we've managed to complete the task and even pick a few tulips to place on her grave. It felt right to bury her with my hands, letting someone else do the job of burying an Angel somehow made me feel like they were unworthy of burying such a blessing.

"Fuck-" I quickly look down at the oblivious girl. "I meant Fudge, why didn't I tell the driver to wait?" I sigh, it was unsafe for two girls to be roaming around late at night. It wasn't that I was incapable of fighting, I just felt like I had to make sure the girl who I now know as Sora was safe and not prone to danger.

I could mind link- if I actually knew how to speak into other people's minds! What kind of a werewolf am I? I have no idea how to control my powers, my intellect on ordering people is poor and to top it all off, I'm not quite the brightest fish in the sea- common sense wise.

"Say... Sora? May I ask why the hel- heaven, yeah heaven, is there a manor parked in the middle of fuck- freaking nowhere?" Oh great, lets add my sailor mouth to the bag full of 'things that are wrong with Elvia'. I look down at Sora who was looking straight ahead, her eyes were clouded and her face looked distant.

"Hello, Sora? You there?" I waved my hand over her face, she blinked rapidly her face scrunching up in fright and worry.

"We should go back inside and wait till morning arrives." She said tugging on my sleeve. I glanced back at the Mansion before shuddering, great now I own a giant-fucking-manor that looks haunted.

I stare back at the field which neutralised the horror radar. Okay, it's either going through a field full of crops in the night with scarecrows that could come to life and eat us, or stay in a house and risk getting strangled by a ghost.

Maybe I should try giving mind-linking a try?

I squeeze my eyes close creasing my head in concentration, eventually letting out a noise that sounded like I was constipated. I let out a sigh trying again before I was interspersed.

"Um, Milady... what are you doing?" I peak one eyes open before loosening my shoulders in shame.

"I suppose you don't know how to mind-link eh?" She shook her head blinking. "Well going back to the question, why was the mansion built in a place so secluded?" I gulp staring at the tree branch that swayed up and down despite the lack of wind.

"It wasn't always like this." She spoke quietly. "This place used to be so lively, there also used to be a village nearby however the villagers abandoned it after that terrible incident."

"I suppose you're curious." I smile in embarrassment nodding. "Well, not long ago- perhaps a couple of years back when your parents were alive, the place was thriving with joy and happiness. The plants had colour, the sky wasn't so dull and the Manor looked like it was newly built each day. That was until this place was attacked, by rogues." I gasped, Callie earlier on gave me a brief explanation about the whole werewolf world thingamajig. She informed me that Rogues were bitten human-wolves similar to Level-E vampires who have no sense of humanity. But the thing is that any werewolf can become a Rogue, whether it be an Omega or an Alpha. All you need to do is abandon your pack and become a lone wolf.

"They weren't like your usual every day Rogues, these rogues were powerful than most average werewolves. They ambushed the village, killing more than half of the citizens, the rest of the remaining villagers fled hoping to find some place safe. The only ones left were Milady and Lord Knight, your father. Along with his beta, Kaizuku. But after the death of your parents, the Beta was nowhere to be seen. Milady's sister Lady Kuranomi resided at this manor hoping that either her sister or her niece would someday return home." I feel myself sadden at the heartfelt story, I had someone patiently waiting for me with open arms my whole life that I was unaware about till now.

"Why was my Aunt in such a bad condition?"

The kid pressed her lips together tightly, for someone her age she sure was very mature. Even more responsible than me. "A few weeks ago, on the way to a town a few miles away, a group of thugs attacked us and stabbed Milady with a poisonous knife that instantaneously proliferate throughout her whole body, the only reason she was alive till this day was that she could meet you. She finally was able to rest peacefully with her sister and family." I was thankful that I decided to come here after all, I've learnt a few things about myself that I didn't even know and now I feel like I'm one step closer to finding out who I truly am.

"Miss, what do we do now?" She asked cluelessly.

Crunch.

I laugh nervously grabbing her close to me as I sped into the mansion slamming the door behind me, just then thunder rumbled as a strike of lightening ignited the house with it's loud bolts. I looked around cautiously waiting for anything to pop up and grab me out of nowhere.

"Lady Kuranomi was really the kindest soul out there, she once find me homeless on the streets and took me in, caring for me as if I was one of her own. Yet I insisted on becoming a maid for her, and work to make her feel proud, whenever she praised me it made me feel happy knowing that she was content with my progression." She smiles fondly before grabbing my hand. "There's nothing to be afraid of here, I've spent a lot of nights here by myself and I practically memorised every nook and cranny." I rested a bit as she directed me to the lounging room, where she threw a couple of logs into the fireplace and ignited the flames radiating a cluster of heat.

I realise how cold I really was standing outside as I plopped myself onto the couch snuggling into the warmth as I felt a blanket being draped over my body.

"Your mother used to love sleeping there. Rest, you look tired and you have bags under your eyes. Don't worry about me, I'll be packing a few things for our journey back tomorrow." I nod too tired to protest and found myself quickly drifting asleep.

-*-

A/N:

Yup, she actually does have a family. I was about to add this sooner but I realised that I shouldn't rush things too much and let the story progress so yeah.

QOTC: First anime you ever watched as a child. My ones were Bleach and Naruto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 380 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...
15.4K 365 26
Shay ( nickname ) is writing her usual fan fiction about Vampire Knight when suddenly something strange happens and she's pulled into a portal landin...
105K 2.8K 19
⚠️MADE THIS BOOK WHEN I WAS 15 YEARS OLD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!⚠️ Kaname is in love with Zero, but doesn't want to admit it directly. So what does...
91.3K 2.8K 112
*Part 1* As a model, Ichika Hirawa can only attend the Night Class to get her Ph.D. When Hanabusa and Akatsuki realize that Kaname shows interest in...