The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

18- Human Again

3K 109 37
By megumiiseyelashes

(Yeah, yeah, I know. You might be wondering why there are so many Third person POVs, the past chapters were mainly based more on description and progression rather than emotion. So it's easier to describe things in this POV)

Third Person's POV

All the She-wolf saw was blood, blood staining her fur, the snow, her hands. Her vision was a dotted red that soon faded away once she realised that she got her revenge. Her eyes widen as a sudden weight was lifted off her shoulders, all the guilt and freight propelling her down vanished like a bird being freed from a cage, her paws cushioned beneath the sleet barely reaching the frozen, pale grass.

Her ears twitched as she followed the running of water until she reached an ocean blue stream that was travelling endlessly beyond the horizon, she slumped on the floor resting her furry chin against her paws, her ears now laying flat on her head and her tail camouflaging with the snow. In fact, even from a close distance she was obscure and just another fragment of the snowfall.

She felt a deep tugging within her heart, knowing that slowly her humanity was seeping in but the amount of pain weighing her down prevented her from thinking rationally. She was scared, threatened by any upcoming predators and anyone else who approached her, they were going to hurt her like everyone else had done all her life. The wolf mourned for those she has lost, her body aching from the injuries inflicted on her human form.

She whined in pain when she felt a rush of galling darkness erode her body wanting to take control of both her and Elvia.

A twig snapped which made her ears immediately shoot up, but she made no movement to see what it was considering her poorly condition was impeding her from doing so. Her white fur was now red, the blood leaking from her body fell into puddles on the damp snow. The wolf frowned when she heard firm footsteps approach her yet she stayed still, apprehending the foreshadow.

The footsteps stopped, and a cold yet warm hand tangled itself within the roots of her bloodied fur. Her body tensed before relaxing against the intimate caress that sent a fondness of serenity to glaze over her physical and mental wounds, she leaned closer as the hands massaged the fur delicately. She rested her head fully against the floor her eyes drooping close as if she was put into a restful trance.

"Turn it on."

Her eyes snapped wide open her head digging around for the person who was misinterpreted for someone that she yearned for the most, the words swirled around her thoughts as she felt the human within her break free, as if the man's words was more of a commandment than a meaningless locution. She stood up, the fur transforming back into human skin but this time the shift was a lot more smooth and effortless.

She shivered squinting at the dusty sand trench coat, trousers and shoes that laid on the floor which was not there before. The golden jewel glinted brightly as she hurried to the pile of clothes clipping the locket around her neck, gripping it possessively before her eyes fall on the clothes that she quickly put on, a hiss escaped her lips as the fabric rubbed against her unhealed wounds that were now dried with parched blood and open grazes.

Elvia's POV

I move my fingers around, before reaching out to touched the cold liquid on my forehead that ran down my temple and slid down my face. Tears started to build up in my eyes as I ran, vaguely recollecting the direction I came from. My sight was heightened and the precise sounds that I could hear from all directions built up a migraine, but that was the least of my worries.

I hurt Callie.

I ruthlessly threw her around like she was some sort of rag doll, I acted-no, I was a monster that was unstoppable, I tore flesh from her body like a dog feasting on a plate full of meat, I am a beast. A fucking beast that has no self control, I lost myself within the darkness for a few moments that passed by like everlasting hours. My actions were repulsive and based on the impulse of fear and not authentic emotions. I found myself pushing my body to run faster despite the strain in my body that was coaxing me to give up and close my eyes.

I shakily clutched the hands that were tainted with virtuous blood to my chest, my behaviour was no different from Nicole's so what made us unalike? Killing her only made me even more like her, but the satisfaction I felt when I watched her limp body fling through the air lifelessly was enough to last me a lifetime. Is avenging those who were close to you be counted as a crime? If so, then I guess I am a criminal. A heartless, dangerous criminal who couldn't contain a power that in the end, was her downfall.

All disparate and familiar scents filled my nostril as I sprinted towards the left, a giant incased mansion enters my vision as my pace lessens, a connection strung me to this building as I drew closer and closer until I reached the huge, burgundy doors that separated me from whatever was inside. Not giving any care in the world I shoved the door opens, blinking when the three figures in the room turned towards me looking at me as if I food dangling in front of their faces after days without eating.

"A-Alpha?" The girls stutters looking at me in shock.

"Where's Callie?" I asked, more like commanding her to tell me about her whereabouts.

"Alpha, you're injured and your temperatures low, we need to treat your wound immediately-"

"I don't care about that!" I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. "I just want you tell me where Callie is and if she's fine or not." The girl gulped looking at the other two males.

"Alpha-" The blond male started taking a deep breath. "Callie is currently conscious, but her condition is critical and her injuries are not healing like how most werewolves do. The Pack doctor is currently working on a remedy for her injuries." I looked at him confused. Alpha? Pack? What is he on? Crack?

I shook my head, he looked serious so that means he wasn't kidding. But what did he mean by those words and why are they calling me Alpha? What's even an Alpha?

"So... she's okay right? She's a-alive?" My voice cracked, for some reason I felt that showing any signs of weakness were prohibited, like I was showcasing my vulnerabilities to the world and carried around a sign on my forehead saying 'hey, I'm weak'.

"She's stable, and eager to get out so she could search for you. I think out of all of us she was the one who was worried about you the most." My heart broke at his words, I hurt someone who cared about me. And this time, I couldn't blame someone else for creating predicaments. It was me who fucked up, and now I need to work my way through to fit the pieces back into the puzzle.

"Where's Callie?" I said a little more softly.

"Alpha..." The other brunette male started. "I don't think it would be a good idea-"

"I don't care about your opinion!" I snapped, my anger dallying on a thin line. "You will tell me where Callie is, and you will tell me now." The tone of my voice changed but I paid no heed to my vocalisation issues considering I was desperate to see the one who was always there for me, yet I threw away her trust.

He bowed making my eye twitch in annoyance, was he mocking me? "D-Down the corridor, last room on the right Milady." The next second later I vanished, already scurrying down the long-ass corridor searching for the room in sight.

My breath halted when I approached the door bordering me from the girl that deserves anything she wants, heck she can even punch me, kick me, slap me, she can do all she wants to me because I deserve it. I deserve the abrasions and injuries and everything she inflicts on me. I bowed my head in shame my hands around the door knob, before my grip slackened.

I can't do it. I can't face Callie. I can't handle the immense guilt that has already made a place on my shoulders.

"I would r-rather you come in, i-instead of standing outside my d-door like a creep." I jumped in surprised. Before swallowing the saliva that built up in my mouth as I twisted the knob slowly, opening the door wide enough to step in.

My throat hitched as I took in sight all the tubes and monitors poking all over the place. It felt like all I've been doing was crying, as a gush of tears prodded from my eyes as I took in her form, she had bandages wrapped all over her body resembling a mummy if it weren't for a few patches of skin showing, she had an extra layer of bandages and plaster around the specific spots that my wolf-or I bit into.

"L-Lady Via?" She stutters her eyes wide, I looked down at my feet. She was probably scared of me, scared of what I am and what I have to live with all my life.

So it surprised me when she tried sitting up even though she was in a lot of pain. I quickly rushed to her side letting out a yelp when she hugged me, my bottom lip trembles when I hugged her back careful to not hurt either of us.

"I'm so sorry for not being there for you, f-for not saving your earlier a-and you had to go t-through so much p-pain. I d-don't even deserve t-to be your Beta- or even y-your friend. I-it's all my fault, p-please forgive me-"

I pulled away looking at her in disbelief. "Stop it!" I exclaimed. "Just, stop it. Stop apologising, stop asking for forgiveness if you did nothing wrong. Cal, I'm the reason for your condition, I hurt you. What kind of a friend would hurt one another to such extent? In fact, I'm the one who doesn't deserve someone as good as you! It's better if we're not friends at all..." I harshly wipe away the tears.

"You're wrong." She started reaching out to grab my hand. "You're wrong, y-you think because of w-what happened in the past, y-you no longer deserve good things. I-I'm not a good person, but if you truly want m-me as a friend I will always be w-with you. No matter what happens." I looked at her loss of words.

"But why? Why stay with me when there are others that are better than me?" She smiles wiping away my tears.

"Because you're my friend."

The silence was comfortable, despite Callie not resenting me doesn't mean that the guilt would just wash away. I'm confused, confused about a lot of things. Like how in the hell am I a werewolf? What was Nicole talking about when she said I had immense power? What's a pack? Why is everyone calling me Alpha?

"I can tell you're confused by that look on your face. So, once Emma returns and treats your wounds I'll then answer all of your questions." I nod.

Wait- Emma? There are a lot of 'Emma's in the world, maybe her name is just a coincidence?

The familiar blonde sweetheart walks into the room honing a tray full of basic medical equipment.

-Or not.

"Emma?" I state perplexed.

She smiles wrapping her arms around my shoulders further confusing me with her sudden actions. She directs me to the room next door which was just another replica of Callie's room, and gently nudged me onto the bed.

"You really are reckless huh Via- or should I say Alpha?" She teased pressing the damp cotton swab to my forehead as I shrilled, my face becoming bitter.

"What do you mean by Alpha? And what're you doing here? I thought you were back at the Academy." I jerked upwards cringing when she applies the disinfectant.

"I'm a werewolf, just like you are. And the reason as to why we call you Alpha... well, how do I explain this?" She looked up in thought. "Ah, yes. Remember at Takuma's birthday a bunch of werewolves ambushed the party?" I nod, unsure where she was going with this. "And then a huge wolf emerged from the crowds which you killed? Well, that wolf was an Alpha; which is basically a leader of a group of werewolves. Since the Alpha died by your hands, it immediately made you our Alpha." I blink three times.

"So you're saying, that when I killed that wolf I became a leader of a bunch of werewolves, and I am their Alpha?" She hums in agreement.

"Spot on. Only that, you happened to be an Alpha blooded werewolf yourself which was completely a coincidence. It just means that you'll have better control and that you'll have more power. And if you're wondering, we were able to tell you had Alpha blood because of the scent you gave off. In fact, from the day you arrived the wolves were able to tell that an new Alpha has entered town. However, our Alpha felt threatened by your abrupt appearance, so he decided to murder those innocent people as a warning."

Everything is somewhat making sense now. But I'm upset by the fact that more people died because of me, just to ward me off. I guess the Alpha was right to feel intimidated by someone like me, people often tend to rely on their instincts more than their intellect.

"Don't you despise me for killing your leader?" I ask.

She snorts. "No. That guy was an utter asshole, and I think everyone here agrees with me. He played with woman, got drunk all the time, wasted his money and the pack funds unreasonably, it was one of the reasons why our pack is one of the lowest out of all the other packs around the world and commonly get attacked by rogues. To say I was relieved when you killed him, though I did have my doubts about how you would take this situation. And you seem you're doing good."

I let out breathy laugh. "Trust me, I freaking out in the inside, I just don't want to show it."

"See? Your 'Alphaness' is already showing, Alphas tend to kept their emotions secretive, and act like their some cold bastards. You, as our leader could really change things for the better and improve this pack immensely, maybe then we'll be able to have our payment running again and improve this dump." She nudged my shoulder finishing stitching up the wound on my head.

She laid me down so she could stitch the rest of the wounds. "Thinking about it, didn't you know I had Alpha blood when we were younger?"

Emma chuckled sheepishly. "Ah well, I was a late shifter. So I had no idea that you were a werewolf until the time when we had to leave urgently all of a sudden. Speaking of which, Alex and Iona are vampires." I gape at her with wide eyes.

"What!?" I shrieked. "And I just find out that I've been best friends with two vampires and a werewolf this whole entire time right now?" I glared at her.

"Yup." She nods grinning at my expression. "Rose is the only human in our group, but she does help Zero with hunting Level-Es and what not. They're pretty close." I tried ignoring the jealously that built up in me.

"Great, what next? Yuki's a pureblooded vampire?"

"Possibly." She shrugs. "Listen, that day... we meant nothing what we said, and we're truly sorry for what happened. From now on, no more secrets, no more lies, just truths. And more truths. We'll even try better to understand you and maybe even discover a few more things about you, we want to be part of your life again and not some annoying bunch of strangers who you barely know anymore." A smile lifted on my lips.

"I feel the same way, we built a strong friendship not for it to just break down over a small thing. I've said some nasty things as well so I'm sorry for saying those things. I'm just glad that the tension between us has gone, I mean... it would be pretty awkward staying in the same room as someone you're not in good terms with."

She chuckles nervously. "Yeah, about that... You'll be moving out of the Academy by the end of your school year." I shot up looking at her in disbelief.

"I should've asked this before, but what exactly does an Alpha do and why am I moving out all of a sudden?"

She finished wrapping the bandage around my torso, shoulder and forehead lifting my shirt down again. "Well, being an Alpha is a huge responsibility which is not to be taken lightly. Unlike our old Alpha- who abused his power for the wrong reason- an Alpha is meant to be that one person who shares a great bond with everyone, meaning the pack wolves. Our pack consists of fifty to seventy wolves, an average pack would have almost one hundred to two hundred but like I said, our circumstances haven't been that good." She packs away her equipment setting them on the counter.

"And this is where your part comes in, you have a huge role to play in leading the werewolves, sorting out many problems, completing paperwork, attending pack meetings and all sort of other meetings with other Alpha's around the world, though considering our old Alpha bunked most of the important meetings they kicked him off the leaderboard charts and completely eliminated us from any wide area resources."

And now all of a sudden I feel vacillated, I had no idea if I killed one wolf that I would have to handle such a huge responsibility of leading a whole pack of wolves. Am I capable of leadership? Would the people respect me? Fear me? Think of me as a suitable heir? From what Emma described, I am somewhat of a better leader than their old bastard of an Alpha so surely their expectations wouldn't be that high, but their hopes are all on me. They rely on me to make things better.

Am I really suited for the job?

"You know Via- or Alpha, I should really get used to saying that. You're really easy to read, I can tell that you're doubting yourself about your potential. And I got to admit, it's not going to be easy to earn the trust of a lot of people in the matter of a short time, but enjoy the time you have with them. And work hard to get what you want. I know you can do this Via, you gotta give yourself some more credit. If I was you, I would've broken down and cried my heart out, and considering that you've managed to stay strong all along shows that you have what it takes to be an Alpha."

I grin at her swinging my legs over the bed like a cheerful kid that just won a years supply of free candy. "I don't mind being called by my name, it's not like I'm officially the Alpha until the rest of the year has passed."

She shook her head in amusement. "Come on Elsa, let's get you changed."

I raised my eyebrow. "Elsa?"

She shuffled her shoulders. "You reminded me of her. Cold, but a huge softy in the inside."

-*-

A/N:

For some reason this chapter took me so long to write, maybe it's because I decided to go on an anime marathon but at least I finished the chapter. I've literally already planned the events and the ending of this book, and I think it's safe to say that there is also going to be a book two so continue reading!😊

(By the way, it's absolutely insane how fast the reads are increasing! Thank you guys soooo much❤️❤️❤️)

QOTC: Levi or Levi?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 380 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...
22.2K 905 52
"Are you lost little girl........i want your blood" the vampire then pushed my sister and went to attack her. she screamed "noo don't". she was so l...
153K 4.3K 52
Resha Valentine, born as the strongest of them all, born to fall in love with Kaname Kuran since they're inseparable since they were young, people sa...
2.2K 79 32
This is my version of Kaname's perspective on what happens if the vampire knight crossed over to the diabolic lovers universe and what really happens...