The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

De megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... Mais

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
13- Moving On?
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

14- A Surprise In The Closet

3.5K 142 33
De megumiiseyelashes

I was up all night unable to sleep, I guess my inner 'girliness' seeped through a little and clouded my thoughts with one childish topic.

A kiss.

All these thoughts ran through my mind which made me want to bash my head onto the wall for acting so stupid and improper, is this how my mind set would've turned out if I did actually have a normal life? I feel like my IQ has dropped tremendously as I was unable to find the answer to such ridiculousness.

Did he like the kiss?

Was it just some 'got caught in the moment' kind of thing?

Does he like me?

Was the kiss meaningless?

Because as much as I hate to admit it, that kiss meant something to me. And that scared me, because I never thought I would move on after everything I've been through with my past love life. I know that Zero has some sort of connection with Yuki, I mean who am I to barge in when she practically grew up with him and I've only been here for what? A month? Did I really deserve to move on and be happy? Some part of me feels like I don't deserve the good things being thrown right at me, it just seems too easy.

Iona, Emma, Alex, Rose... they brought light into my dull life, was it the right thing to push them away only to end up missing them even more? Despite my efforts in trying to push that mouse away she just kept coming back... And that damn Kuran, he's frustrating. That's for sure, it's just that there's more to him that reaches the eyes. I mean, did I expect any of the Night class students to be vampires? Or for Callie to end up being a wolf in human disguise?

I rolled over before my eyes flew open as I tumbled off my bed and onto the ground letting out a small 'oomph'.

"Ugh, fuck me." I groan running my fingers through my hair that hugged me like a raccoon, I wonder what it looks like when I look in the mirror?

I sigh pushing myself up with my wobbly arms before smiling at the clothes that were folded neatly on the chair, I guess Callie left it there last night while I was asleep. I took a shower changing into my uniform letting my hair loosely down my back.

I opened the door just as Callie stood outside about to knock on it. She sends me a smile. "Well looks like sleeping beauty is awake, I was about to wake you up but seeing as you already did so then there's no need for me to barge in like an ogre. I was just gonna walk you to class if that's alright...?" I give a small smile and nod before closing the door walking besides Callie out of the dorms.

"So what made you decide not to wear your hood anymore? Not that you don't look gorgeous without it, it's just that I'm kinda curious."

I shrug fiddling with the locket around my neck, it used to be a habit of mine when I was young and nervous about every little thing that I thought was counted as predatory. "I want to move on from the past, and moving on means letting go of the things that held me back and also giving myself a new look too. It just makes me take this whole 'moving on' thing seriously I guess. By the way, is there still space to join the decorative praesidium?"

She nods slowly. "Yeah, there's enough space. In fact nobody else has joined except the disciplinary committee mainly because they were forced to, the headmaster let you off considering you weren't feeling well. Why? You interested in joining because the more hands the better."

I thought about it for a second. "Yeah... I am. Exams have finished and I got nothing else to do to pass the time so why not? My past propensities of wanting to stay locked up in a room kinda makes me feel imprisoned in my own comfort. And lately I've felt the sudden need in wanting to stretch my bones and do something productive and beneficial, there's no point in slacking off right?" She blinks as if it took her a great amount of brain cells to process that information but eventually she responds.

"Well, that's great?" She said in more of a question. She shook her head smiling. "I was dreading not having anyone to help me besides the vampires who I'm never gonna let them anyway near me, so I'm hyped that you decided to do it with me after all." I look at her weirdly before chuckling, I pushed the classroom doors open instantly regretting the moment I stepped foot into the room.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention earlier but that hair of yours was sure to catch a lot of attention. Good luck in popularity!" She chirps sitting down on the table.

"Yeah, I kind of figured that out- like, I don't know? A couple of years ago." I snap sending her one of my trustworthy glares that we all know and love.

I grumpily sat down blocking out the cat calls and gossiping by plugging my head phones into my ears tentatively glancing at Callie to see if she attempts to leg it on me or not. That bitch (pun intended) was finding my annoyance amusing.

I tapped my foot against the floor looking out the window before someone nudged my shoulder. I looked at Yuki who surprisingly appeared out of nowhere jerking my headphones out of my ears.

"What?" I whispered, she nodded towards the teacher who stared at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Miss Laurel, can you explain to me why you are listening to music during my lesson?" She crossed her arms looking at me expectantly.

I looked at her like she was dumb. "Because I'm bored." I said bluntly.

She pinched her nose her face becoming a dark, frustrated red. "You know what? I can't deal with your disrespectfulness. Go get five, orange textbooks from storage closet eleven on the first floor down the corridor."

I roll my eyes grunting. "Whatever." I plugged my earphone back in walking out of the classroom looking for the storage closet that just had to be so far away from the classroom.

"Five, six, seven, eight... Jesus how many storage closets are there?" I shook my head sighing as I continued to walk down the hallway until I reached the last room which also happened to be the creepy looking room that looked rusty compared to the other contemporary closets with smooth, wooden marble doors.

After jiggling the door handle a couple of times I pushed the door open ending up stumbling into the room nearly tripping over the floorboard that was poking out of the ground. I searched for the switch pulling the string that turned on a small, dimmed lamp that triggered the dust in the air.

"Really? There's a janitor's closet right next to this room." I cough waving my hand in the air before I jumped when the door spontaneously slammed close.

"No, no no no, no, no." I banged on the door trying to peel it open from the side. Seriously, what kind of door doesn't have an handle on both ends?

"Goddamnit, you had one job and you can't even do that right." I kicked the door wincing when I swung my leg too hard.

"Ow, fucking shit-fuck-crap." I hopped around pampering my swollen toe before tripping over what seemed like a ladder and crashed onto the metal bookcase.

I cried out cursing at myself. "Jesus, Mary, Buddha- whoever the fuck can hear me, have mercy on my ability to not be able to do things right and my poor soul." I prayed hunching myself against the wall that I was secretly hoping would break so I can get the fuck out of here.

"Hello! Anyone there?" I rasped. I cleared my throat so I wouldn't sound like a teenage boy going through puberty. "Fuck my life." I sigh slumping my bruised hands that I managed to tug from under the book case onto my face stressfully. Is this karma for all the times I've slept during lessons? It's not like I fail my tests and it's certainly not my fault that the teacher's are absolute douche bags.

After a few minutes of giving myself mental reminders on how stupid I am, a sudden shuffling sound from the far corner made me freeze squinting at the tinted darkness to see a faint silhouette standing in the far corner staring intently at me. My skin grew pale and I could've sworn I wet my pants.

"Is it too late to say I love god?" I squeaked.

It charged forward head on making me let out a shriek and dive towards the left pushing the ladder onto the floor which did wholly nothing on my part, I jumped over the cardboard box and grabbed the mop shoving it forward which was acting as a barrier between me and the white eyed, anonymous figure that was possibly trying to kill me. I stare wide eyes at the broom that snapped in half just in time as I managed to push the cabinet to side searching for something I can use as a weapon.

A silver glint on top of the piles of newspaper caught my attention as I rushed forward towards the stack before I was pushed to the ground, the sharp corner of the snapped broom wedged into my waist as I bit down a scream and rolled to the side avoiding a swing to the face. My fingers were inches away from the knife as I firmly grasped it in my hold as an excruciating pain made me bellow in turmoil and suffering, it's teeth punctured through my skin like a needle going through a piece of fabric. The bite was similar to Zero's, but unlike his act of gentleness I was callously having my skin torn off and I was certainly not liking it.

I was slammed once again to the ground, too weak to let out a scream as it's teeth finally separated from my body brutally. I weakly outstretched my arm to the side grabbing for the knife that slipped past my fingertips as a strike to my head completely knocked me out cold.

-*-

A/N:

Short chapter, I know...😩, but I wanted to build the suspense for the next chapter which should be a bit interesting. Considering the abrupt votes that I'm being notified with, I didn't actually think people would read my book so it motivates me into wanting to write more so I could update regularly. Thank you to those who have been commenting and voting on my book, it again means a lot to me.

QOTC: if you were a supernatural being, what being would you be?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

87.2K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
3.9K 98 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...
10.6K 591 22
How can a creature have all the known characteristics of a species but still be another species? That is the number 1 question regarding (Y/n) (L/n)...
7.4K 381 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...