The Beast Within | Vampire Kn...

By megumiiseyelashes

Elvia Laurel was never normal, her abnormal white hair that miraculously grows as each strand shortens and a... More

1- Oversized Giants
2- Annoying Mouses
3- Grocery Shopping
4- Human Blood Bag
5- Inspection
6- Valentine's day
7- Yuki
8- Evocation Of The Past
9- A Deal With The Giant
10- Midnight Parties
11- The Fury Of An Angel
12- Nightmare
14- A Surprise In The Closet
15- Kidnapped
16- Transitioning
17- Inevitable Death
18- Human Again
19- Manor
20- Family
21- A Broken Heart
22- Missing You
23- Winter Formal: Part 1
24- Winter Formal: Part 2
25- Shizuka
26- Communication
27- Wolf Set Free
28- And It Begins
29- A Risky Decision
30- Battle Of The Purebloods
31- How It Ends
A/N
Sequel?
...

13- Moving On?

4.5K 183 63
By megumiiseyelashes

(This chapter kinda explains things since I dropped a few- not so subtle- hints 😅😂Just so you know, this won't follow the exact plot of VK. Instead it will take a massive turn of events and hopefully keep you guys interested. Btw, things kinda get a bit heated if you know what I mean, if you wanna skip it, it's fine by me.)

Callie's POV

I stare at the spot Elvia was in in shock, one minute we were walking to the nurse's office and the next thing I know is that she was on the ground unconscious. I got right up dashing towards the bathroom to see her running her hands underneath the steaming hot water, I gasp gripping her around her waist using my enhanced strength and pain tolerance to not hiss out loud when she managed to jab me in the jaw whilst struggling to escape from my clutches.

"Why? Why stop me, t-there's so much blood a-and... and it's not c-coming off." She hiccuped thrashing around trying to pull my arms off her waist. "Y-You're going to get blood on you, a-and it's going to be my fault. I-It's always my fault..." I blink, my mood saddening at her vulnerability and anguish. I don't know what happened to her or what she just went through to make her act like this, but whatever it was it definitely wasn't going to be good for her considering that the full moon was in a few days and her emotional senses would be heightened and a bit troublesome.

My eyes narrowed down in anger as they flashed a dark black when the Kiryu approached, it wasn't that I was angry at him or anything. It's just that naturally I felt frustrated and furious at the fact that my Alpha's currently in a lot of pain, and that I can't do anything to stop it because I was confused. But what I did know was that whoever caused her so much suffering, would have hell to pay once I get my hands on them.

I also know that Nicole has a part to play in Lady Via's past, and I didn't need any evidence to know that whatever she did both upset Milady and caused grief to stricken in her heart.

Zero's eyes widen at my aggressiveness but he knelt down anyway, his eyes softening once they saw her dishevelled form making me glare at him. She didn't need anyone seeing her like this nor do I think she'd want anyone to.

"I-I..." She took breath escaping from my grasp. "I killed them Zero, it's all my fault. T-They're all dead because of me." She collapses into his comfort gripping onto his shirt which made me bow my head in sorrow so as the other pack members who can sense her distress from miles away.

He wrapped his arms around her making my eyes widen, I've never seen the Kiryu like this with anyone other than Yuki. It almost gave me the impression that he likes her. "Nothing was your fault Via, snap out of it. What happened to the girl that used to insult everyone? I know she's still in there." She trembled letting out another sob.

"I-I just want them to come back to me, is that selfish? A-Am I being selfish? I'll only be selfish this o-once if it means getting them back." She looks at him making my fingers clench. Death, was a cruel occurrence and I can tell by the look in her eyes that she had enough of it already taking the ones that she loved away from her. My eyes watered when I remembered the bodies of my deceased parents who were ruthlessly killed by those bloodsuckers who spared not a single ounce of mercy. I couldn't let that happen to Elvia as long as I'm alive.

My eyebrows raised high when Zero began to release tears,

Was is this? A tear fest? I thought bitterly shaking my head, I despised death for what it had done to us all. But I knew soon enough, I was to become one of it's victims as well which is why I need to make sure Elvia knows the truth before worse comes to worse.

"No, you're not selfish nor did you kill anyone. Whoever told you that was wrong, you're too much of a great person to kill someone." I looked at Zero softly as he comforted her, he was good for her. As long as he made her happy I'm fine with him being there to help her recover.

Her body was still as her breathing became slow, Zero carried her in her arms walking back into the room and placed her on the bed. I followed him silently well aware on what he was about to do.

"Don't." I spoke coldly, my eyes blazing with darkness which I knew took him back. "We'll wait till the right time, before doing anything irrationally." I glance at Kuran who stood in front of two other night class vampires and Yuki who was still paralysed in shock. "If you want to say something, then say it." I spat hatefully.

Me (A werewolf) + Kuran (A vampire) = war (A huge catastrophe)

That pretty sums up my hatred for vampires.

He pressed his lips into a thin line glancing at Elvia who looked like she was sleeping peacefully as Zero held her hand. "I'm assuming she's in transition, but it doesn't explain what Rido wants with her." My eyes widen.

Rido Kuran... the man who killed my parents.

That bastard.

"It was him who did this to her." I gestured towards my Alpha on the bed. "That bloodsucker is never up to no good, we lost a great deal of pack members because of him and now he's after our Alpha too." I sighed in annoyance running my fingers through my hair stressfully, this only complicated the issue even more.

"Alpha?" Zero asked confused.

I look at him with my eyes slightly narrowed. "Yes, Lady Via is my Alpha and the Alpha to a pack of werewolves who are worried sick." He glances at Milady running a finger over her cheek delicately, who knew that an Emotionless moron like him managed to develop a crush on my Alpha. Lets just hope that he's doesn't complicate things any further.

"Does that mean that she's a werewolf?" The toffee coloured girl asked looking at me.

I give her a tight, sarcastic smile. "No, she's in transition to become the queen of unicorns and is betrothed to a damn donkey." I roll my eyes. "Yes, she's a werewolf. Or more precisely she has a werewolf gene but..."

"She also has the DNA of a pureblooded vampire." Kaname finishes making the three vampires and the human's eyes widen.

"Lord Kaname, are you saying that a Pureblooded vampire had an offspring with a werewolf?" The blondie asked glancing at Kaname with wide eyes.

He nods. "Yes, which may be the reason why Rido is after her."

"To become his bride?" I scoff crossing my arms. "I don't know about you, but Milady would never allow someone as pathetic as him to become her husband."

"I know she wouldn't, however that doesn't matter. She has no strength to defend herself against a strong Pureblood since she has yet to transition, and another matter is whether she's going to turn into a wolf or become a vampire. There would definitely be a fight between the two arcane genes as they are both known to be dominant. Considering she's both a Pureblood and an Alpha, there's no way knowing in which she would become. Or in other words, it's all up to her." I looked down, without an Alpha our pack would be rendered useless and vulnerable, we wouldn't stand barely a year out there without being demolished, but I would support whatever Milady decides since I'm not only her pack member but her friend.

"No matter what happens, or who I'm up against. I'll protect her..." A snort escapes my lips as I choke on my own laughter.

"Have I heard correctly? Did you just say that you'll protect her?" Yuki looks at me nervously. Tch, if she's afraid of me she'll stand no chance against a Pureblood with that puny weapon of hers. "I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but a human like you would last no more than a second against a powerful enemy like him. Besides, don't you think she's better off with you staying out of the way? You'll only be another burden on her shoulders." She looked away, hurt.

"That's enough." Kaname cut off giving me a glare, there goes that idiot protecting his precious little play thing. "Wouldn't it be better for us to work together instead of doing this individually?"

"No! It was your species who started the whole thing anyway! And even if we did foolishly decide to work with you and your devotees the pack won't just sit idly and listen to everything you bark at them because they'll rather bite ya'll's head off than be allies with the likes of you, only the Alpha could actually manage to maintain the pack and control their actions or movements. So, you can either wake Elvia up and tell her the truth or I'll take matters into my own hands." I shout glaring at Kaname which made both of his wannabe vampire guards narrow their eyes at me.

"Keep in mind that my vampires wouldn't willingly work with the mutts as well." I scowl as his nickname for us. "But I'm voluntarily agreeing to put our differences aside to work together." I rub my temples glancing at Elvia.

Alpha, what would you do? Even though you're not exactly our Alpha yet, I'm asking for your advice as a friend.

I sigh before letting my shoulders drop. "Fine." He smiles. "But if one of your minions lay their filthy fingers on any of my comrades, I won't hesitate to slice them off." I threatened watching as the two vampires gulp looking at each other. Pft, idiots.

I didn't fuck up by agreeing to this right?

Right?

Elvia's POV

I sighed out of pure bliss actually feeling not at my happiest, but content with the progress I was making. I felt normal, which was weird considering I just had a huge fit not so long ago making me feel dissatisfied. How am I suppose to feel after I had a mental breakdown? Sad? Happy? Scared? Angry?

Well the strange thing was, that I felt nothing.

Absolutely... nothing.

In fact, it made me feel troubled that nothing annoyed me in a way. I don't feel constantly aggravated by the sound of someone's else's voice, some part of me much rather have someone to chat to instead of being bored.

Was that normal for me?

It felt unsettling but it was something that I could definitely get used to, it made me feel at peace, like I had no troubles in world although I'm pretty sure that was far from it.

I peel my eyes open, my fingers twitch at the warm sensation lapsed around it only to realise that a certain silver headed Kiryu was holding my hand so tightly like I was going to disappear the next second. A smile made its way to my lips as I felt my cheeks heat up, Kiryu... is kinda a cute sleeper.

Noticing my consciousness Zero woke up staring at my smiling figure before he blushed letting go off my hand and ran his fingers through his dishevelled hair. "Stop staring at me like that." He grumbles making me chuckle and push my hood back, letting my white curls tumble down my back loosely. Zero's eyes widen, his face possibly turning ever more red.

"Your hair..." He murmurs staring at it as if it it was an ape evolving into a human which is a load of bs.

"My hair...?" I trailed off raising a brow.

"Is white." He finished.

"Really?" I twirl one strand around my finger. "I always thought it was turquoise." He gives me a blank look before getting up looking at me with a hinge of smile.

"It looks... nice. You should keep it like that." I grin pushing the covers off of me stretching my aching bones, geez it felt like I just ran a marathon or did a few hundred laps around China.

"I plan to, I'm just tired of constantly having to have a hood over my head." I ran my fingers through my hair. After years of attempting to cut it, I realise that this feature is a part of me and I shouldn't be changing myself based on what other people thought about me, although I don't think that really was the case at all.

He walked out of the room returning a few minutes later with a tray of French toast, bacon and orange juice. He sat down on the wood chair before cutting the bacon up with a knife and fork and stuffed it into my mouth surely making me look like a shocked chipmunk.

I chew the food slowly before swallowing it as I gave him a glare. "A little heads up would've been nice, besides I'm fully capable of feeding myself." He slides the tray onto my lap in embarrassment. "But on a second thought, I don't mind you feeding me." He rolls his eyes continuing to feed me.

"You've been asleep for almost twenty four hours." I shrug.

"I like my beauty sleep." He looks at me distantly before shaking his head.

I zone out looking outside the window to realise it was snowing. I jump up excitedly pressing my face up against the glass. "It's snowing." I say in awe poking the window.

"Haven't you ever seen the snow before?" Zero joked approaching the window next to me.

I smile. "Well yeah, of course I have. It's just that I don't have a clue as to what it feels like because I've never had anyone to play in the snow with." I frowned remembering those times where I watched the kids play with their friends outside while having snowball fights, and building snow forts and snowmen. It's something I never really got to experience as a kid, I guess it's too late to relive my childhood the way that I could now.

It was quiet for a few seconds before I felt something being plopped onto my head which I figured was a wool hat, he slipped my gloves on and zipped up my coat as I felt like a child who needed someone to do everything for them all over again. I watch him skeptically as he wraps a scarf around my neck and makes me sit down to put on light brown uggs.

"What are you doing?" I ask blinking when he slipped on that trench coat of his grabbing my hand and tightly gripping his fingers around them.

"We're going out." He stated, as soon as those words left his mouth my eyes began to sparkle as I bounced on my heels excitedly.

"Y-You mean out in the snow?" I look at him hopefully.

He snorts. "I'm pretty sure that's the only place where there's snow."

He had no time to breathe as I engulfed him into a tight bear hug making him wrap his arms around me in surprise and stumble a few steps back. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best, really. I appreciate it so much." I said softly giggling at the blush on his cheeks.

"Idiot..." He mutters as I grab his hand dragging him down the hallways and outside into the once grass field that was now smothered with snow and more snow.

My eyes squeezed closed when a blast of snow rained down onto my face making me splutter in surprise and for Zero to snort out a chuckle, I pouted looking up at the blank empyrean to see that it was completed isolated from any blue backdrops but it was instead Crystal white which made me gasp in awe. All of this felt new, if I thought downpour was amazing the snow was a hundred times better. I twirled around smiling as I stuck my tongue out trying to watch the snow land on the muscle but only ended up going cross-eyed.

I suddenly got an idea when I gathered a pile of snow in my hand and smirked deviously launching the white ice at Zero which bespattered all over his face. I burst out laughing as he wiped the snow with his sleeve giving me a deadly glare.

Before I knew it he already threw three snow balls at me that all landed on my face. I fell onto the ground shivering when the cold substance made contact with my bottom.

"Okay, now that wasn't fair." He raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "You know this means war right?"

"Bring it, it's not like you can land any hits on me anywa-" I cut him off my throwing my snowball onto his mouth.

He responded by throwing back snowballs which resulted the whole day being filled with snowball fights, multiple of snowmen scattered around the area, snow angels which I even forced Zero to make, and laughter. Overall, Zero managed to take away the emptiness I felt earlier, and fill it with joy and happiness. I felt at peace whenever he was around me or when his hands hid mine, it felt almost... familiar.

We returned back to the room that I was staying in with a smile on our faces, I looked at the mirror snickering at how my nose was all red and bloated, and how fragments of snow stuck to my hair camouflaging with the colour to the point I didn't even realise I had bits of ice on my head.

Zero took off his coat as my eyes travelled to the black ink engraved onto his neck which I got a better view of when he turned his head to the side, I slowly walked towards him tracing my finger over the mark as his body tenses.

"What's that?" I question, we were so close that I could practically feel his breath on my neck making me shiver in warmth.

"The Headmaster placed a seal on my neck to control myself, only the bracelet that Yuki has could stop me from..." I could hear the strain in his voice as I glanced at his eyes to see them glowing a bright red. I instantly knew what he wanted.

Blood.

My blood.

After a few minutes of contemplating in my head, I slow slid my shirt down my shoulder stretching my neck giving him enough access. His breathing quickens as he looks at me questioningly.

"It's blood that you want isn't it? If it helps you, then take it from me." I murmur pulling my hair to the side.

I could tell he was struggling but when I urged him closer by wrapping my arms around his neck he slow pushed me towards the bed his breath lingering near the base of my neck.

I anticipated the bite as his lips latched onto my skin sending shocks of electricity to run down my spine, his tongue traced the spot he was about to bite. Before I knew it, he plunged his sharp fangs into my skin causing tears to prick the corner of my eyes as we slowly fell onto the bed, his long legs trapping me within his clutches.

I close my eyes feeling a sharp yet warm sensation build around my neck and stomach, only to realise that I was liking the closeness, and that his body was pressed up against mine perfectly. A small moan of pain and pleasure escaped my lips, my grip around his neck tightens pulling him even more close. He detached his fangs from my neck only to gently place his lips onto mine.

I let out another moan but this time, it was out of pure ecstasy that scouted around my body and buzzed through my lips. He devoured my lips hungrily, pushing me up against the pillow as he slipped his tongue into my mouth releasing a groan that turned me on even more.

His hands trailed down my hips as he slips his under my shirt. He gripped my waist pulling me even more impossibly closer to him to the point where there was no space between us. I didn't know how long it has been since we were passionately making out but we both quickly jumped, separating from each other when there was a knock on the door.

I fix my hair as fast as I could pulling my shirt up when I noticed that the punctured wound was now closed up with newly healed skin that made me gasp dabbing my fingers onto the smooth surface.

Nothing. No bumps. No blood. Just smooth skin.

Guilt broadened around me like a wildfire as a frown creases my forehead. Does he want me to move on to someone else? Did I betray him by kissing Zero and liking it? Was it wrong that despite the feelings I had for Zero, Archer was still the one whom I truly love?

"What do you want?" Zero grunts moodily staring at Callie who had her eyebrows raised grinning.

"Nothing really, just wanted to check up on Elvia but I can see she's doing just fine without me so I'll be going." I blushed fiddling with my fingers.

"No, I was just leaving." Zero nods at me before rushing out of the room., his wrist wiping his mouth.

She leans against the doorframe tilting her head. "I'm loving the hair, I'm kind of relieved that you're not bald under there." I scoff rolling my eyes.

"Geez, thank you so much." I shake my head before I fell back onto the bed sighing.

"Did I make a mistake by moving on? Was it wrong of me to do so?" I ask, talking to myself more than Callie.

"You deserve happiness Milady, if moving on makes you happy then continue doing what you're doing as long as you don't get hurt in the long run." I smile before turning to the side hugging my pillow.

"Thanks Callie, but seriously. What's with the 'Milady' shit?"

-*-

A/N:

I just wanna give both Zero and Elvia a big hug because they deserve it after everything they've been through. So who do you think Elvia's gonna end up with?

Btw, I know the whole werewolf/Pureblood/mood swing thing is a little sudden, but hey? I like my characters strong, I'll try not making her seem too OP though. As for the behaviour change and the fact that she's so cheerful after having a mental breakdown because of a nightmare that fucked up her mind... welllllll, that'll be explained later in the book.😊

QOTC: Kaname or Zero?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 591 22
How can a creature have all the known characteristics of a species but still be another species? That is the number 1 question regarding (Y/n) (L/n)...
681 48 12
═════════════════════════ ❛❛ BUT I WAS AFRAID.. ALL THIS TIME...I HAVEN'T FACED MY TRUE FEELINGS. I WON'T HIDE BEHIND EXCUSES ANYMORE ❜❜ ▰▰ Vampire K...
7.5K 382 18
Mizuki Cross is a hotheaded individual with the calm Kaname Kuran consistently over her shoulder. She's been feeling strange around him, but knowing...
87.3K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...