A Dragon Rider's Element

By Trash_Queen_33

When dark armies and evils of the past awaken in the 21st century, anicent powers choose four new dragon ride... More

Dreams and Dragons ( 1 )
The Egg ( 2 )
One Hit K.O ( 3 )
Sardis ( 4 )
Athena ( 5 )
Alex ( 6 )
Sparing with Ty ( 7 )
Librarians ( 8 )
Kill it with Fire ( 9 )
Elemental ( 10 )
Wildfire ( 11 )
Beautiful Dreams ( 12 )
Deadly Nightmares ( 13 )
A Cruel Past ( 14 )
Taking Flight ( 15 )
The 4th Rider ( 16 )
Delicate Storms ( 17 )
I Hate Plants ( 19 )
This is why I Don't Socialize ( 20 )
Thunder and Lightning ( 21 )
The Void ( 22 )
The Dual ( 23 )
Lies ( 24 )
Stepping Stones ( 25 )
Don't Forget The Sun ( 26 )
Tenaglia ( 27 )
The Vacuo ( 28 )
Fires and Shadows ( 29 )
A Life For A Life ( 30 )
Fires Brun At Midnight ( 31 )
Arial Battle Royal ( 32 )
Hotel Ecstasy ( 33 )
Scars ( 34 )
The Search ( 35 )
Orthrus ( 36 )
Friendly Fire ( 37 )
Jail Break ( 38 )
Desert Snowball Fight ( 39 )
Kyra's Library ( 40 )
The Gift ( 41 )
Death of Dreams ( 42 )
Eyes On The Horizon ( 43 )
The Beginning Of The End ( 44 )
Bad Dog ( 45 )
Ophelia ( 46 )
The Awakening ( 47 )
The Black Knight ( 48 )
Me and My Shadow ( 49 )
The Fall of Thunder ( 50 )
The Final Dawn ( 51 )
Only One King ( 52 )
How We Fall ( 53 )
Confessions ( 54 )

My Saviors in Blue and Ivory ( 18 )

6.2K 275 27
By Trash_Queen_33

We ran into camp and were greeted with only fire and screams. Ty stopped in his tracks and looked around at the fires that engulfed the camp. His face filled with rage as he clinched his fist. Even though the storm was over his lighting flashed in the sky showing his anger. Raikou shared his rider's rage and roar in the sky.

"The dark creatures are still here I can smell their rot," Athena growl.

Ty looked back at me. His eyes held a murderous look in them. Ty was a nice guy there was no denying that but if you hurt something he cares about there would be hell to pay.

"Larisa, get your sword." Ty command coldly.

I nodded at him and ran off to get my sword and shield. The fire and screams raged around me as I ran through the camp. Then faster then I could see a black and white shape came out of nowhere as sliced at my head with its white sword-like arms. I dropped and rolled away from my new enemy.

As my eyes took in it form I remember it as an Askari.

But it wasn't alone six more stood behind the one that just tried to decapitate me. Great. Just as I was about to summon a fireball a huge valley of fire shoot over my head turning the Askari into ash. I looked over my shoulder to see Athena.

"What? They were going to hurt you."

"You're the best."

" I know."

With my personal flamethrower following me I grabbed my sword but my shield was nowhere to be found. I sighed. My sword will have to do for now. I ran back on the blazing battlefield that was the camp I had called home.

As I was about to mount Athena an ear-piercing roar stopped me. I recognized it as a dragon, but it wasn't Raikou's. I mounted Athena wearily as I hoped that this new dragon was on our side.

"Worry not, Larisa. If this new dragon poes a threat to you I will depose of it."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

"But if it does we must do prepared."

"Agreed"

Athena spread her wings and pushed herself off the ground with her powerful legs. My hair whipped in the wind as I looked down at the burning camp. The dragon's roar ripped through the sky once more. It sounded like it was angry. Athena flew in the direction of the roar to find its source. When we arrived we were only greeted with more of the camp that was burning intensely.

Athena laid gracefully on the ground and rise her nose to the air as I dismounted off her back.

"The dragons smell is here but I smell something else. It's masking the dragon's scent."

"What is it?"

Before Athena could respond I got my answer. A rageful scream filled the air and the ground shook. Though the trees the black creature appeared. Its long black snake-like body and peering blood-red eyes with venomous snakes for hair.

"A Gorgon."

I unsheathed my sword it's silver blade reflecting the light of the fire that rages around us. The Gorgon's hair snakes hissed at myself and Athena. The Gorgon screeched into the air as it charged at me with blinding speed. However, it didn't get close enough to strike before Athena jumped at it with her deadly claws. Her claws hit their mark at the base of the Gorgon's black tail. Black blood poured onto the floor as the Gorgon howled in pain. The Gorgon used its needle-like claws and slashed at Athena's neck. The claws ripping through her scales like paper. Red blood poured from her wound. Athena roared in rage more than pain.

As I was about to charge to Athena's aid I saw the three snakes at the end of the Gorgon tails rise head about to strike Athena in her legs. If I remember right the snakes were poisonous. I ran to Athena's side just as the snakes lunged at her. I raise my sword and cut off their heads before they even got close.

The Gorgon screeched in pain as it retracted backward. The Gorgon's red eyes found me. It cried in rage and charger at me. Athena tried to shield me from the creature however it was too fast and dodged Athena and raised its claws to strike at me.

At that moment I wished I had my shield. The Gorgon's attack was too fast for me to dodge it. But as the Gorgon claws were only feet from me I had an idea.

A very stupid idea.

Fire flicked from my hands. I willed it into a stream of red-hot flames. The flames caused the Gorgon to cringe back in pain as it backed away from me.

I gripped my sword and charged the Gorgon before it could recover. As I raised my sword the blade burst into flames.

My blazing sword cutting through its neck like butter. Its' body went limp and its black blood spared everywhere as its' head fell to the ground.

It even some of it got on my shirt this was my favorite shirt. Dammnit.

At that point, I began to feel the aftermath of using my powers. I fell to my knees trying to catch my breath but to no avail. My vision blurred like I was looking through fogged up glasses.

I heard Athena's voice, but her words were muffled and I couldn't make them out. Then through my hazed vision, I saw what Athena was trying to tell me. At least ten Askari and another Gorgon entered the clearing. The Gorgon was smaller than the one we just fought, but its claws were just as sharp.

I tried to stand, but my legs gave out and I fell back to the ground. Athena spoke again, but I couldn't tell what she said.

Then I hear a dangerous roar clear as day. With my vision clearing up a little I looked up and saw a blue dragon above me in the sky.

The new dragon was smaller than Athena, but what I saw when I looked to it's back was what surprised me the most.

Alex.

The dragon landed and Alex hopped off it's back and ran towards me his sword drawn. When he reached me he kneeled next to me saying something I couldn't hear. I tried to say something myself, but all that came out were groans. He signed and turned his head.

That's when he saw the Gorgon and Askari coming. He glared at them before shouting into the sky. Then a beautiful and elegant white dragon appeared in the sky with Ray on its back.

The white dragon landed softly. She was the tiniest of the three dragons. However, that didn't stop her when she proudly sauntered over to the hoad of enemies. She opened her mouth and a jet of ice shot out and hit the gang of dark creatures dead on. Freezing the Askari and Gorgon rock solid.

Ice...nice.

Athena then raised her tail and smashed the ice structure to nothingness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 106 64
A humble potion-maker with barely a token to her name. A bright, responsible daughter as well as a caring sister. A girl with big aspirations and a f...
35 0 7
The Camdridge Kingdom relies on all dragons riders to protect and serve. Once you are born your parents have a important decision to make. Will you b...
3.6M 68.3K 23
There was a time when the king of the human world raged war between humans and dragonkind, forcing their rulers to seal the portal between both world...
300K 29K 82
Her memory was taken. Her skills were not. Her very presence is a threat to everything he has ever cared for. They might make a powerful team... ...