Forever Mine

By BlaiseWeaver

When Nebraska decided to sacrifice herself to save the people she loved, she didn't expect to wake up and fin... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Not That Important Announcement

Chapter 3

10.6K 514 84
By BlaiseWeaver

Chapter 3

"C-come again?" I squeaked out, not caring if my voice sounded weird at that very moment. 

He took a deep breath before repeating the sentence he said before. "Levi and I are vampires."

I looked to the left and to the right before looking back at him. He stared at me with a blank expression and I couldn't help but let a little chuckle out. 

"Haha, very funny Layton. If this is revenge for making fun of your room I get it. But seriously though, what did you want to tell me?" I said, leaning back against my arms which were behind me.

He rubbed his head and looked really frustrated, which confused me. He couldn't be serious about the vampire thing. Vampires belong in Hollywood or in poster form in teenage girl rooms. They don't belong in the real world.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. How do you want me to prove it to you?" he asked, sitting back up straighter. I was shocked at his statement. He wanted to prove he was a vampire? I knew there were people out there role-playing as vampires, and it sorta looks fun from the outside, but he was taking this too far.

Maybe I should just play along and see where this takes me.

"Well, I would say show me your fangs since that's the most obvious thing, but you could have fake ones on..." I said to myself. He stayed silent while I thought to myself about what he could do to prove me that he was one. "Turn into a bat!" I shouted excitedly, slightly jumping in place.

He gave me an amused look before shaking his head. "Sorry sweetheart, can't do that." I ignored how I felt when he called me sweetheart and pouted.

"Then you're not a real vampire then," I scoffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You can't just conclude that just because I won't turn into a bat," he said.

"Ha! You said 'won't', not 'can't'. So you can turn into a bat, you just won't do it," I argued, flipping back some of my hair. Before I used to want long hair, but at this point it was getting really annoying. Maybe I'll cut it shorter some other time.

He groaned. "Nebraska, I'm not physically capable of turning into one," he told me.

Sure he isn't. Why? Because he wasn't a vampire!

"Course not, only a real vampire can," I smirked, grabbing a magazine from the counter on his desk and flipping through it. I rolled my eyes at the number of girls in their bikinis and instead tried to focus on the articles, which weren't that any better. Boys will be boys I guess.

"Anything else other than turning into a bat?" he asked, looking annoyed.

I thought about it for a moment. What else was something vampires could do was seemed really cool?

"Do you sparkle in the sun?" I asked, trying to hold in my laughter at the expression on his face the second the question left my mouth.

How I wish I had a camera to record this moment.

"Do I- where are you getting these questions?" he exclaimed, looking bewildered. I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore, not with his stupid confused face, and I burst out into a fit on laughter.

I was literally rolling on the floor laughing, since I was at the very edge of the bed and my fit of laughter caused me to tumble down to the floor, but that didn't stop my laughter by one bit. 

Sobering up a little, I was still kneeling on the floor while my head rested on the bed. Layton was looking at me amused now, with a small smile gracing his face. He looked pretty handsome when a genuine smile was on his face.

Seriously? Did I just think that?

"Is that why you don't wanna go out of the house at noon, because you'll sparkle and attract Edward-lovers?" I asked again, before falling into another fit of laughter. I was on the floor again, holding my stomach as it was hurting from laughing too hard.

Letting the last of my laughter go, I wiped away a few of my tears from laughing so hard and say up on the floor, and saw how I was a few feet away from the bed.

How did I get here?

Layton was on the edge of the bed, looking at me with confusion, annoyance, and amusement mixed together in his face expression. "Why would I attract Edward-lovers? That's not my name?" he asked, looking confused.

Did he want me to laugh to death because his reactions to my questions were going to make me gain abs from laughing so hard. I wonder why I was even finding any of this that funny, maybe it was something in the juice that I drank earlier.

Speaking of which, I really need to ask sometime about what was in them.

"Haven't you ever heard of Twilight?" I questioned. He stared at me blankly. "New moon?" Nothing. "Eclipse?" A head tilt. "Both parts of Breaking Dawn?" All I got was a head shake that he had no idea what I was talking about.

I sighed. Did this dude live under a rock? Well, okay he lived in a mansion of a rock, but a rock nonetheless. Who hasn't read or seen the series? Or at least heard of it?

"Whatever. But fine, if you really want to prove you're a 'vampire', then um...run from here to the living room and back in under five seconds, and bring proof that you did," I decided, crossing my arms smiling. 

There's no way he was going to be able to do that.

In a flash, he was up and gone in the speed of light. My mouth dropped open as I gaped at the open door. Did he really just...?

In less than two seconds he was back and he confidently handed me a PS3 and controller, wires and all. Still with my mouth handing open in shock, I looked at his smirking expression and then at the objects in my hand.

The door he practically ripped open was still swinging before he got back with these items. I barely even had time to wipe my sweaty palms on the pants before he got back! And there's no way he unplugged any of this and still get back in that time. Not unless...

Holy tacos he was being honest.

"You're really...y-you're really..." I stammered, still staring at the controller in my arms. For some reason I couldn't push the word out of my lips so I just kept them shut while trying to process everything that I just learned in the nanosecond he was up and gone then came back.

1. Layton really was a vampire.

2. Levi most likely was too, I mean if he was living with Layton and all.

3. I was kidnapped by two vampires.

4. I accidentally spit in the face on one of them.

5. One of them I'm really attracted too, although I really need to change that.

While thinking over all these facts, something then occurred to me. Vampires drink blood. Then that would mean, assuming they don't go hunting for victims, that they have some blood supply at home. 

A disgusting thought then crossed my mind. "Wait! So that means that your..people drink blood, right?" I asked, feeling how dry my throat felt. 

He nodded. "So that juice, the one you guys made me drink, that was b-blood?" I asked. He looked down at the floor for a few seconds and that was all it took for me to get up from my spot and rush over to the bathroom.

I leaned against the toilet and threw up everything that I could throw up. I felt something lift my hair up and gently rub my back, causing tingles and sparks to follow wherever he touched but right now that wasn't my biggest concern.

No, my biggest concern is that this sicko made me drink blood!

After heaving up whatever I could, I flushed the toilet and grimaced when I noticed that most of it was red. Most of the food in my body was blood. Can this get any worse?

I kicked him out of the bathroom and washed my face and wiped it with one of the fluffy towels before walking out of the room.

I was screaming at him before he could get a word out. "WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME DRINK THAT YOU SICK BA-"

In a flash he had me flushed against the wall with one hand covering my mouth while the other was holding me tight to his chest. I was breathing heavily, but not because I just found out I drank blood.

The tight shirt he was wearing allowed me to feel every single muscle he has like if he had no shirt on. His peppermint breath fanned my face making me want to inch just a little bit closer. The lack of distance between us sent my heart in a frenzy and I tried to push him off me as to get rid of these thoughts.

He didn't even look like he felt my try to push him off.

I scoffed when I realized that of course he wouldn't be affected by me trying to push him off, he was a vampire for crying out loud!

Once I started to calm down, he removed his hand and I started to yell at him. I made sure to keep my eyes on his well-defined cheek or forehead since looking at his eyes will just distract me and I needed to make my point.

"Look, if you're going to make me like some sort of blood-slave or kill me, just do it now cause I can't stand being like this," I pathetically cried out. Surprisingly no tears escaped, I think this whole situation toughened me up.

He looked horrified at my words making me confused for a second. "Nebraska! I would never suggest or even think about you being used like that! I'd rather burn in hell than see you be put through that," he harshly said, lowering his voice with a guilty expression when he saw me flinch.

He grabbed my chin and liften my head up so I was looking him in the eyes. Dear God his eyes were beautiful orbs.

"I would never hurt you. Do you understand that?" he asked softly, brushing some of my hair to the side. Not really. But the way he said that to me and the words he spoke caused a funny feeling in my stomach to settle.

Please don't tell me I was about to throw up on this guy because that would be really embarrassing, especially after he just said that to me.

"Then um," I cleared my throat and pushed him off me. I didn't actually push him off me, but he got the memo and moved away, giving me breathing room. "Then why am I here and why do I look different?"

He was about to answer when I held up hand up. "Wait! Actually, start from the beginning," I decided, moving over to sit on the bed. 

This time, I made sure to beat him to it so I could sit with my back across the headboard. Haha loser! He gets the edge.

He walked over to where I was and easily picked me up from my spot before sitting in the exact position I was, making me pout. Not fair he was using his vampire powers on me.

Before I knew it, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over so I was sitting between his legs, with my back to his chest and with both his arms wrapped around me. Even sitting he was still taller than me so his chin rested on the top of my head. 

I tried to shift out of this position but his arms only tightened around me, not tight enough to hurt me but tight enough that I couldn't move away. Feeling my cheeks warm up, I was glad that his face was over my head so he couldn't see.

"How early in the beginning, love?" he asked, brushing his lips softly over my ear. Mayday mayday! This is not good! 

Now I was wishing that I had taken the edge of the bed. "Start from you. Like were you born a vampire or were you turned?"

He was silent for a few moments before tightening his arms again and then he spoke. "I was born a vampire, but Levi wasn't."

I was about to interrupt when he continued. "It all started in the late 1800s..."

_______________

And that's where I'll end it! The next chapter is going to have lots of flashbacks, but they'll be in italics and hopefully it'll be easy to tell the difference if my laptop doesn't screw up.

Tell me what you think!

He wasn't in this chapter, but the pic to the side is the person who mostly resembled the image of Levi I had in my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 31.9K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...
9K 498 60
As a Meta/Vampire hybrid, Hunter has seen some crazy stuff. She's worked hard not to be killed by supernaturals and by the people who "took care" of...
64.4K 2.6K 25
Book 3 of my twilight series. Book 1- Twilight: Bella's Back And Dangerous. Book 2- Twilight: Revenge. Everything seems to be settling down after war...
95.8K 5.9K 29
"THE AFTERLIFE CAN BE A REAL BITCH, RIGHT?" "Henri-" I began, but Henri's hand snatched up mine and squeezed tightly enough to break bones. I bit m...