A Piece of Soul

By luvraj4everr

One shot on Rajveer and Naina.. More

Thank You Note

A Piece Of Soul

2.2K 113 106
By luvraj4everr

P. S kindly ignore the typing and grammatical mistakes... Really don't have the time to proof read it

'Dedicated to my dearest friend Maaham' 😘

It's been 9 months since Rajveer left for a secret mission... The mission he couldn't tell anything about to anyone... Not even to his family, his love, his wife, his Naina... He just told her that he had to leave urgently and that he knew nothing much about the mission and he didn't know when he would be returning... He knew nothing and that was the truth... But a soldier's life was such... And they both knew this... None of them cried while bidding goodbye to each other... But they both were dying from within.. The fear of the unknown was there... The fear of not being able to meet each other ever again was killing them both but they knew that they both had to be strong for the other.. They both knew that the moment one would cry, the other one would break and they couldn't afford that... So they both hugged each other tight as if drawing strength from each other, as if trying to imbibe the essence of the other in their soul, that will help them to live through their separation...
And that was nine months back...it's been nine excruciatingly painful months since they last saw each other and since then Naina only knew how she was surviving... Living on the edge was never easy... To not know that what next moment would bring with it was not easy... She knew how she prayed every moment of the day for his safety.... How she ate food mechanically only because she knew that he would scold her if he knew that she wasn't eating properly in his absence... It was as if she could feel his presence around her... She lived like he wanted her to... Never missing any meal, never neglecting her heath or safety, never allowing herself to be depressed... But as the night grew darker, she couldn't stop herself from crying... It was as if the walls were closing on her and she was left all alone to deal with it... She couldn't sleep because she had the habit of sleeping in his arms... Moreover how could she sleep when she didn't know how he was and where he was.. How could she sleep when she had no idea if he had eaten his dinner or not or was he getting enough sleep or not...

But she couldn't allow herself to break.... Not only for him but for someone else too... She slowly kept a hand on her belly and felt a movement... The reason she was still breathing without him was inside her... His love, his flesh, his soul... Their baby... She still couldn't believe that she was full term pregnant and their baby was due to arrive any day now... She still remembers that last night they had spent together... Not able to enough of each other, not leaving each other for a second.. It was as if they both were trying to memorize every little detail about each other.. The impending separation acted as a fuel to the already simmering passion and before they knew they were neck deep into passion... The thought of protection never came to them....They didn't want anything between them...and now she was here all alone with his heart beating inside her...
It wasn't easy for her to carry on with this pregnancy... They had talked about having kids and she knew how much he wanted his own family... She knew he had so many dreams about their first born and when the time came he wasn't there to see his dream coming true... She still remembered the day she came to know about her pregnancy... That was the day she had first tried to find about him through the headquarters against rules.. She wanted him to be the first one to know about his baby and she had tried so hard to give him that happiness but as expected she was refused blatantly that no information about his location could be given.. She still remembered painfully that she didn't disclose about her pregnancy to anyone for three long months... Waiting everyday for a miracle that would bring him back to her, to them... But everyone came to know about her pregnancy the day she had fainted at the base... Aalekh who was also posted with her there didn't question her decision of not disclosing such a big news to him or to anyone... He probably understood why she did that and he had simply hugged her tight saying that he was there with her till Rajveer Sir came back... And true to his words he had never left her alone.. He was still a door away, living with her in her home, in Rajveer and Naina's home... When she had asked him to not bother, he replied that he was her brother and it was his duty to look after her and moreover he couldn't let his Rajveer Sir down.. He had to answer his Rajveer Sir that he looked after his wife when he wasn't there... That made her agree to let him stay with her...
And truthfully she was scared to live alone too.. She was scared that would lose the strength to fight if left alone.... To live through her pregnancy without him was the most difficult thing for her... To not being able to share little things about their growing baby was heart breaking for her.. The first sonogram picture was still kept in their cupboard waiting for him to come back and have a look at it... That day was so painful for her... She saw their baby for the first time and she couldn't hold his hand while doing so... From there on she had been living series of such moments where she wanted him by her side to live every little thing about their baby but destiny didn't allow them to experience this joy of parenthood together... She was handling herself well till now but now when her delivery was due, she was growing weak...She couldn't imagine being alone when their baby arrived... She could not bear the pain of him not being the first one to pick their baby up... She couldn't tolerate anyone seeing their baby before him and she definitely couldn't name their baby herself.. She wanted him to name their baby... Why was God testing their love like this, she had no idea...

~~~~~~~

Naina was in labor since 6 hours...she was brought by Aalekh to the hospital in the middle of the night and now it was early morning... She was told by the nurse that her brother had to leave urgently due to some emergency meeting at the headquarters... She wanted to cry at her fate... Such a big day in her life and she was truly alone.. More than happiness at her baby's arrival, she was feeling emptiness.. He wouldn't be here with her to welcome their baby... He wouldn't even know that he became a father...thinking about him every second she remained in labor for another 8 hours and then she heard the sweetest and the most soothing sound of their baby cry.. She felt her heart swell with love just by listening to the sound and she heard the doctor tell her that it's a baby boy... Their boy... And before she could even look at his little angelic face, she passed out in sheer exhaustion..

~~~~~~~~

He lived through the hell and survived it... Living for nine months in that remote area near border as a civilian wasn't easy... He had been a part of many discrete missions and came out as a survivor before too but this time it was hard and painful... Living with the knowledge that his love was alone and lonely in their house didn't let him sleep... The danger was too much to ignore and he didn't know if he would ever be able to see his love, his life again.....He could feel her pain and restlessness more than he could feel his own... Many a times he wanted to break the protocol and contact her somehow without letting anyone know.. But the realization that his one wrong move could cost them their mission and country's security held him back.... He worked hard day and night with only one thought in his mind that the sooner he completed his mission the sooner he would be able to go back to his jaan.. He couldn't forget the look on her face when he was leaving.. She didn't cry nor did she try to stop him from going.. But the look of absolute emptiness on her face haunted him every night.. He didn't even turn back to wave at her when he was leaving.. He knew that if he did turn back, he wouldn't be able to go... So here he was nine months later, successful in his mission and back to the headquarters first as per orders to submit the proofs against a terrorist nest he had been after... And the first thing he did after reaching headquarters was to open his locker and took out his cell phone which he had submitted as a part of the protocol before going to the mission... He charged his cell phone and the moment it came to life, he dialed his jaan's number... He felt his heart in his mouth and he was literally counting seconds till he heard her voice again... But he was surprised to hear Aalekh's voice on the other side when the call was finally answered... He had never imagined such an emotional Aalekh but his reaction made him shed tears unknowingly... He sounded as if his biggest prayer got answered and probably that was actually the case.. He knew what Naina and her happiness meant for Aalekh and it would be no surprise if Aalekh prayed for his return every second of the day...But what scared him to death was Aalekh's reaction when he asked about Naina from Aalekh and why was he answering her phone.. He just got a small reply from him that he was coming to pick him up and that his Naina needed him like never before... And before he could ask a million questions and go into the panic attack, the line got cut as his phone died on him again... And those 20 minutes till Aalekh came to pick him up were the worst 20 minutes of his life... Only he knew what horrible thoughts ran through his mind sucking the life out of him... And when Aalekh finally reached him, he was engulfed in the most tightest hug he had ever got till date by anyone... And he didn't shy away from hugging his brother in law back... After all he was like another Naveen to him by all means... And when he asked Aalekh about Naina, he got the most weirdest reply... That she was currently fulfilling his biggest dream and that he would get the biggest surprise of his life in next few minutes.. He relaxed somewhat at that, at least Naina was fine... And after a few minutes he felt his life leave his body once again when he was brought to the hospital instead of their home... He got so scared for his Naina's well being that sweat rolled down his forehead and his hands shook with fear... Aalekh said nothing to relax him as he wanted him to witness God's miracle by himself... He wanted to see the look on his face when he would first come to know about his baby.. He wanted to witness that moment when a man who was coming home after nine months, who had no idea about his wife's pregnancy would see his wife in labor... He wanted to capture that moment in his mind to tell Naina later on...His sister deserved to know what her Rajveer's reaction was like when he first came to know about their baby....
And sure enough Rajveer's expressions were priceless when he took him to the labor room where Naina was admitted...his expressions were of such unbelievable wonder that he couldn't help but take out his phone and capture his expressions for forever... Rajveer kept on reading the words 'labor room' for a minute or two without moving.... It was as if he couldn't comprehend the meaning of this, it was as if the situation was not sinking in... And it was genuine...he could not even imagine that his Naina was pregnant and handled everything alone... When she needed him the most, he wasn't there with her.. He wasn't there to take care of her, he wasn't there to pamper her like he always did... At the time when she should have been treated like a princess, she was all alone fighting with the fear for his life and safety... He wanted to yell and scream at anyone and everyone who would care to listen to his pain.. But before he could even think of acting on his instinct, the door to the labor room open and a nurse came out with a little bundle of happiness in her hands.... His happiness, their happiness... The nurse looked at him with a confusion on her face as if she couldn't decide whom to hand over the baby... He wanted to cry at the situation... Nobody even knew that he was the husband of the girl who was under labor and he was the father of this new born.. Hell even he had no idea that he had such happiness to look forward to when he would return back home... He heard the nurse ask Aalekh to hold the baby, clearly recognizing him...and he heard the magical words Aalekh uttered... That she should hand the baby to him as it was his right to hold the baby before anyone else.. After all he was the father of the baby and that's what Naina wanted and prayed for fervently all these months... He felt a tear roll down his eye at that.. His Naina must have been through hell and he was responsible for her misery.. How would he ever compensate for his absence during her pregnancy.. How would he ever make up for the lost time??? How would he ever deal with the fact that he could not feel his baby grow inside her?? That he could not see her looking beautiful and radiant with a protruding belly...

But all these thoughts took a pause when the nurse extended her arms to give him his child telling him that it's a baby boy...their little boy...And that moment would forever be etched in his heart when he saw his baby for the first time... A little red face, scrunched nose as if annoyed and tightly closed eyes..his nose was definitely a replica of Naina's he decided... Same annoyed and angry nose, he thought chuckling... He would never forget the feeling of warmth that spread through him when he cradled his baby in his arms for the first time, a bit unsure of how to pick the baby without hurting him... His felt his heart swell with so much of love that he never knew he was capable of...he slowly bent his head down and placed a feather light kiss on the baby's forehead and watched in wonder when the baby let out a small smile... So his baby recognized him already and he was sure that this feeling could never be replaced by anything else... He looked towards the nurse and asked her about Naina's health... And felt relief wash through him when she replied that Naina was absolutely fine but was currently sleeping due to exhaustion.. He then asked for the permission to see her and was immediately granted one.. He looked towards Aalekh who was smiling with his phone in hands clearly capturing these special moments in his phone.. He gestured him to have a look at the baby... Aalekh refused to look at the baby and said that he should go to meet Naina and they both should welcome their baby first and after that he would welcome his nephew... Rajveer smiled at him and moved to enter the labor room to meet his love finally... Finally after a lifetime he would say...

Home was the first word that came to his mind when he first saw his love lying on the hospital bed all drained with eyes closed...he felt all the pain of separation wash away with the mere sight of her... But the thought that she was alone during such an important phase of their life was not leaving him.. He felt the guilt and regret eat him up from within... But before he could indulge in self criticism and misery, he saw Naina moving and trying to open her eyes...he felt such exhilaration run thorough him that he would never be able to explain in words..he saw her open her eyes and slowly taking in the surroundings and finally after what seemed like a lifetime, those beautiful eyes rested on him, on them... Him and their little boy...

He saw the disbelief in her eyes, as if she couldn't decide if she was hallucinating or not... She opened and closed her eyes in quick successions as if to come back to reality if she was day dreaming.... And finally he saw the comprehension dawn in her eyes as they dilated and became moist with relief and happiness simultaneously.. He slowly went towards her and sat on the edge of the bed near to her with their world in his arms and talked in the most softest of voice possible...

Rajveer (moist eyes) - he looks so much like me... Par ye kya.. Naak tumhaare jaisi kaise ho gayi??

Naina let out a sob and managed to lift herself up a bit and hugged him and their baby as tight as she could... She hugged him as if she was drowning and if he turned out to be her imagination yet again, she would not be able to fight the storm this time...
Both Rajveer and Naina cried holding each other for a long time... These were not the tears of sadness but of relief, happiness, joy and peace... Their souls were at peace finally and only they knew how it felt to be in each other's arms after months of painful separation...

Rajveer (lovingly) - look at him now...

Naina finally straightened herself and took in the sight of their baby.. Her baby boy... Her little angel who came into this world and brought his father back into their lives as if giving his mother a double surprise... She moved her arms forward and took him in her arms.. She was amazed how naturally she was cradling him in her arms as if she was doing it since ages... Maybe that's what every mother was like.. They just knew how to hold their babies after carrying them inside their womb for 9 months...
She kissed his surprisingly thick mane of hair, very much similar to his father and felt so many emotions run through her heart.. She looked at Rajveer and told him how happy she was that he was back to welcome their baby...

Naina(gruff voice) - sabse pehle aapne uthaya na isse?

Rajveer (teary) - Haan.. Par nurse ne mujhse pehle baazi maar li..

Naina and Rajveer laughed at that... And couldn't stop themselves from crying between their laughter.. They still couldn't believe that they have finally been blessed by God and they were together again...

Rajveer (suddenly) - I want one more baby..

Naina(with wide eyes) - kya? Ye abhi aaya hai.. Aur abhi aapko ek aur bacha chahiye? Main superman ki behan nahin hun pata hai na aapko??

Rajveer (voice thick with emotion) - main mazaak nahin kar raha hun.. I am serious.. Jab ye thoda bada ho jaayega tab mujhe ek aur baccha chahiye... I want to live every moment that I missed this time...

Naina felt tears flow down from her eyes at his confession... She knew how he must be feeling.. It wasn't his fault that he wasn't there with her.. But she knew that it would take a lifetime to make him understand that.. He was not a very easy going man when it came to himself.. Infact he was his own biggest critique... He never makes it easy for himself.... He loved to blame himself for every thing and she was always left with the work to tell him that he wasn't at fault... There are some things he couldn't control, which no one can control...

Naina (lovingly)- done... Par tab main aapse double kaam karwaungi.. Raat raat bhar meri back massage karna aur mere liye mera favorite khaana laana sab karna padega aapko... Soch lijiye.. Bhut time hai aapke paas ...baad mein bhaagne ka mauka nahin doongi main..

Rajveer (looking at her with all the love in his eyes) - promise... Tum saaye ki tarah mujhe apne saath paaogi... Fir chahe ek saal ke liye mujhe leave leke ghar mein hi kyun na baithna pade... I will do it all...

Naina face crumbled at that and she again hugged him tight taking care not to hurt their boy.... She knew what he meant by that... It was his way of telling her that she was the most important person in his life...She knew what his work and duty meant for him and to have him say that he would keep his job at the back end for her meant that he would give up his life for her...

Naina (smiling through tears) - to fir intezaar rahega.. Aapko pareshan karne ka..

Rajveer (kissing her lips lightly) - mujhe bhi..

And just then they heard a click, a flash of the camera... They turned to see Aalekh standing their with a grin on his face..

Aalekh - bole to.. Ye photo to lena banta tha..

They both smiled and Naina gestured him to come forward to see the baby...
Aalekh came forward with emotions running high through him... It was definitely one of the most defining moments of his life when he didn't care about letting his tough guard down and show the love he had for this little beautiful family in front of him.. Family he knew he was a part of without doubt...

Naina extended her arms to give him his nephew for him to hold and he awkwardly brought his hands forward not knowing how exactly he was supposed to hold the baby... And the moment he had the baby in his arms he instinctively knew how Rajveer must have felt when he was asked to pick his baby up... This was definitely heaven.. And he was feeling no less than a father... He knew that he would always consider this little boy as his first born and by the looks on Naina and Rajveer's faces, he realized that they knew it too...

Aalekh (with tears in his eyes) - iske kaan apun ke jaise hain..

And suddenly there was so much laughter in the room that the baby got scared and started crying.. The nurse came back inside and scolded them all for creating a ruckus around a new born baby while all three adults looked on sheepishly not quiet sorry...
The nurse told them to leave the mother and the baby alone as it was time to feed the baby... Saying this she left the room..

Aalekh- jaata hai.. Par usse pehle apun ko apne bhaanje ka naam jaanne ka hai...
Sir ab aap naam bata hi do kyunki iss yedi ne bol rakha tha ki aap hi aake iska naam rakhoge..

Rajveer looked at Naina with so much love that she found herself blushing after so long...

Rajveer - aur agar main na aata to??

Naina slapped his arm for saying such a thing at such a beautiful time..

Rajveer (shocked) - Naina.. Ab tum mujhe maarna band karo... Main papa bann gaya hun... Mere bete ke saamne meri reputation kharaab mat karo..

Aalekh laughed out loud and Naina glared at him..

Naina - aapki harktein hi maar khaane wali hain.. Kaun kehta hai aisi baat aise waqt pe??

Rajveer (embarrassed) - Mera vo matlab nahin tha.. I was just curious ki agar tum iska naam rakhti to kya rakhti??

Naina (looking into his eyes) - Agar aap aaj na aate to iska naam wahi hota jo aapka naam hai.. 'Veer'.....

Rajveer and Aalekh both were loss of words after her declaration.... How could someone love like this? This deeply and madly...

Rajveer (kissing her forehead) - to theek hai... Iska naam yehi hoga... Veer.. Ranveer Singh Shekhawat..

Naina(smiled) - Ranveer?? Bilkul aapke naam jaisa..

Rajveer (nodding) - aur naam ka matlab bhi ek jaisa hai.. The warrior..

Naina (added lovingly)- The hero..

Rajveer smiled and kissed on Veer's head and watched him smile again... His boy definitely had a killer smile from now only...

Aalekh (couldn't stop himself from adding) - aur Rajveer ka J nikaal do aur Naina ka N daal do to Ranveer banta hai.. Waah Sir kya naam rakha hai..

Rajveer and Naina smiled at his conclusion and couldn't help but agree with him... It was most definitely the combination of their names... Life was again looking hopeful and beautiful again and in their arms was a piece of their soul...

The end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 33.2K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
744K 20.3K 75
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€Ÿα€¬ α€œα€°α€žα€¬α€Έα€α€½α€±α€€α€­α€―α€€α€šα€Ία€α€„α€Ία€”α€±α€α€²α€·α€†α€›α€¬α€α€”α€Ία€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€±α€™α€šα€·α€Ία€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€· α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€α€½α€±α€€α€―α€žα€•α€±α€Έα€™α€šα€·α€Ί α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€’α€±α€«α€€α€Ία€α€¬α€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«..... #စဝ်ခ...
179K 8.2K 105
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
1.7M 98.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...