A Court Of Past And Present

De jaquly

|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection βš”οΈ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas πŸ§πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ || "Wh... Mais

Prologue
The Grand Reveal
The Visit
Right Place, Wrong Time
Once A Mate, Always A Mate
Unknown Memories
What A Time To Be Alive
The Colision of Fate
Battle of Mates
Unexpected
Loose Ends
Happily Ever After?
So it is over then

Rhys & Rhysand

2K 41 5
De jaquly

Thousands of questions flew through my mind, but only one word came out.

"How?"

How are they here. How did they find me. How do we get back. How is my family. How did this happen. How did they catch her. The questions were limitless. From the look on Rhys, I could tell he knew exactly what I meant.

"Don't worry, all will be told. Right now I want to focus on getting all of us home." He looked over to Cassian, "Let's get out of here."

Grabbing my hand, he began to stride towards the door as Cassian lead the which through ahead of us.

We were only a step away for the door when a masculine voice spoke from behind us.

"Feyre?"

His melodic tone made my heart shudder in my chest, his words more like a silent plea  than a question.

This is not going to end well.

I turned to see a slightly younger looking Rhysand standing in the doorway connecting to the hall, staring at us. 

No. Not at us, at Rhysand.

I glanced up at Rhys, who only glared at the man in the doorway. His jaw was set and his brows where furrowed, clearly assessing the situation. Wrapping his arm around my waist, he pulled me close behind him and spread his wings out wide, blocking me from view.

As I was pressed against his back, I felt his muscles tense.

I balanced on my tippy toes and peered in between his wings and over his shoulder, catching a glimpse of Rhysand stepping out of the doorway and into the lounge.

My Rhys was the one to speak first.

"I hope you have treated her well." He states.

"Oh, I have." Rhysand's lips curve into a feline grin as he casually strode across the room towards us. "Very much, indeed."

Rhys let his magic free slightly, letting darkness pool around our feet, "I will be taking her home now."

"Are you sure about that?"

Rhys discretely pushed me further towards the door, "yes." He said.

"Feyre, may I have a private word with you?"

"No." Rhys snapped while now not so subtly pushing me backwards again.

Wings appeared behind Rhysands and my breath catches as he he spreads them to their full size, causing him to look even taller than his already above average height.

"I am asking her." He growled.

Rhys glanced at me over his shoulder with a questionable look and I feel a tug on our bond.

If you want to, you can. I'm just worrried about what he might do. You are his mate after all, and I know for sure if someone tried taking you away from me that I would split the world in half to get you back. So I have no clue on what he will do.

I squeezed his arm reassuringly,

It's okay, I'll be fine.

I tilted my head towards the door,

Wait outside for me, okay?

At his nod he shot a warning glare back to Rhysand who now had a smug grin plastered across his face.

"You heard our mate, wait outside." He said while gradually inching closer to me.

"You can hear our conversation, too?" I gasped.

"Yes." He shrugged, "We do share the same bond."

Why didn't I think of that, he was my mate after all. I could feel it deep within the bond, like a fork in a path as is softly splits in two. It was almost like they shared it, shared me.

I made a note to not say anything personal down it until I was safe at home with my Rhys as I slipped past his wings and walked towards the Rhysand that stood in the centre of the room.

5 minutes.

I said down the bond, knowing both could hear me. At the nod of each of them, Rhys silently closed the door behind him and left the house. Most likely to pace right outside the door on the porch, and try to listen in.

I didn't notice Rhysand march forward until his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

"Do you have to?" He asked as he nuzzled into my neck.

"Have to leave?"

He nodded in response, "Do you have to go?"

I ran my hands through his hair, not knowing what else to do or say.

"I don't want you to leave me." He whispered between heavy breaths.

"Please," He begged, "I love you, Feyre."

I looked down into his teary violet eyes as the world around me froze. His face was so full of hurt and agony.

A single tear tracked down my face.

I reached a shaky hand up and cupped his jaw before placing a soft kiss on his forehead. 

"I love you eternally. No matter the time or year, I will always love you, Rhysand." My voice was barely a whisper as I struggled against myself. A part of me was clawing towards him, craving to hug and kiss my mate, to tell comfort him and say I will never leave his side till the day I die.

But a louder voice spoke deep within me, begging me to say goodbye. As I looked into his eyes, I felt a tug on our bond.

Feyre. No matter what you do, I will stand by your decision.

His voice sounded further away than before. At a shuffling sound from behind the front door, I realised it wasn't him who spoke.

Another tear rolled down my cheek.

After all he fought through, Rhys was still willing to let me go, to let me leave him, in hopes of a better life for me and our child. He was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, the man I wanted to raise a family with.

So I said what I knew was right.

"But I have to go, Rhysand."

Darkness began to seep from him as his face contorted, rage began to boil within his gaze.

"No," He growled.

I didn't react until it was too late. A pang of agony shot through my arm as twisted it painfully against me.

"You're mine." He snarled.

The door bursted open, flying off its hinges. Before I could see anything, a cloud of darkness engulfed the room, blocking out my sight.

"She is mine!" Rhysand bellowed, his grip becoming increasingly painful.

A loud grunt erupted from him, followed by a low groan.

His grip loosened enough for me to rip free. I turned to sprint, only to run straight into a hard chest.

Strong arms wrapped around me and lifted me up from the ground, I struggled against the grip until I felt the smooth texture of the Illyrian leather against me.

Rhys.

He bounded for the front door, careful not to hurt me as he hurdled through. Sharp sunlight hit us as he took to the air, I looked ahead to see Cassian gliding ahead, the witch dangling from her chains beneath him.

A deep roar shuddered the street as I see Rhysand storm out of the town house and onto the street, the house still covered in a cloud of shadows. I watch as he spots us in the sky before leaping into the air towards us.

"He is coming." I say over the wind rushing past us.

"Let's get out of here."

Continue lendo

VocΓͺ tambΓ©m vai gostar

40.6K 1.2K 36
After the war with Hybern, Canna was free. Free to live as she pleased, not shackled to a tyrant king, forced to harm and kill. The Cauldron was sent...
108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...
20.3K 619 18
**π€π‚πŽπ“π€π‘ π…π€ππ…πˆπ‚ 𝐒𝐄𝐓 πŸπŸ“ π˜π„π€π‘π’ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 π€π‚πŽπ’π…** "If it was not for healers, Meira, most of us would be dead. Take that a...
2.9K 95 15
(This is a sequel to another fic of mine called Betrayed. You don't have to read it to understand, but I highly recommend it!) Eudora Damaris believe...